Born Again or Christian? Is there a difference and what is your biblical support ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Peter 4:16​

“Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.”
Peter did not say~if any man suffer as a born again...etc., etc., ~ But if any man suffer as a Christian.

Using the phrase born again does not identify us with Christ as the word Christian does ~ the term Christian clearly identifies us with Jesus' religion as much as any word that can be used.

Believers must reject any shame for genuinely suffering for Jesus' sake~ ( which the word Christian represents ) Instead, we should boldly give glory to God, in the name of Christ, right in the middle of our suffering for Him. It is an great honor to carry the title of Christian, it truly indicates our identity with Christ, as no other word can possibly do.

"Born again" represents a theological doctrine of the religion of Jesus Christ, Bible Christians are the follower of such biblical truths.

Thank you Rella for separating this from the other thread.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Born Again represents the power of God.

His supernatural power when he makes us Born Again of the Spirit.

When a Born Again is regenerated ..that is the “ power” of Gods “ Living “ word.

Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...

Gods word is Alive and his Spirit like the wind, is everywhere...and he makes his power known to man/ woman when “ HE” decides to regenerate us and become his children Born of the Spirit.

But the power of God is demonstrated by His ability to accomplish His will in every situation, both real and potential, through any means He chooses in order to glorify Himself. God's power is centered on His will and His glory. We just need to know where to look. His transformative power.

Commentary.

(1) God’s power, the sort of power that dwells within every born-again believer and energizes his/her life and ministry is not the sort of “thing” that you can touch or contain in a bottle. It is the very energy of the life of God himself. It is the supernatural energy that emanates from God’s being.

(2) This supernatural and divine energy or power quite literally fills and indwells the bodies and souls of every born-again believer. God does not call upon us to speculate about the nature of this power. He does not want us to envision it merely as an idea. His desire is that we avail ourselves of it to partner with him in his purposes on the earth. His desire is that we cry out to him that he might intensify and expand and increase and deepen the manifestation of this power through us in ever more demonstrative and tangible ways in our lives.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think a lot of confusion sets in, when we add to Gods word and let’s face it we’ve “ ALL” done it!

When we start adding to his word, imo, then it starts going down hill.

Another thing, everyone of us are at very different levels of understanding Gods word.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a lot of confusion sets in, when we add to Gods word and let’s face it we’ve “ ALL” done it!

When we start adding to his word, imo, then it starts going down hill.

Another thing, everyone of us are at very different levels of understanding Gods word.
Alright. You feel that by identifying ourselves as born again ~ Christians... As opposed to Born again ~Jews... more aptly called Messianic Jews, or born again~ Muslims (Yes there is... I have links) it is preferable to have people wondering through what or from whom you are born again....

Fine. It is personal and between you and God... I understand that.

But I can tell you from one personal experience that believing myself to be a born again Christian I knew not to hit my folks over the head with something they were foreign to. Foreign being the born again end that was not church preaching type of stuff. And not over the head to the folks that were what I call solid Christians in their faith, who might have thought I lost my religion, if I was overly extreme.

I cannot tell you how it made me feel when it was in the 90s that my mother simply said to me that if it was not for me neither my dad or she would be saved.

Reactions: Spyder

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Alright. You feel that by identifying ourselves as born again ~ Christians... As opposed to Born again ~Jews... more aptly called Messianic Jews, or born again~ Muslims (Yes there is... I have links) it is preferable to have people wondering through what or from whom you are born again....

As Gods word says we are Born of the Spirit, very easy to understand.

Flesh gives birth to flesh.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.
Fine. It is personal and between you and God... I understand that.

But I can tell you from one personal experience that believing myself to be a born again Christian I knew not to hit my folks over the head with something they were foreign to. Foreign being the born again end that was not church preaching type of stuff. And not over the head to the folks that were what I call solid Christians in their faith, who might have thought I lost my religion, if I was overly extreme.

I cannot tell you how it made me feel when it was in the 90s that my mother simply said to me that if it was not for me neither my dad or she would be saved.
From my own personal experience, how could I contain being Born of Gods Spirit...I couldn’t it had to come out to everyone that I was Born Again, my family thought I had lost the plot, yet my 3 Sons seemed fine with it, mind you they were pretty young at the time.

I’m here to Glorify God and personally I have never given 2 hoots to hide it from anyone...I’m Born Again and a child of God...the biggest Honour and Privilege anyone can receive.....my faith is a Living Faith because the Holy Spirit lives in my heart/ spirit, he is Gods witness and it still blows my mind that God chose me....

Saved is another word for me that must be used in the right context....we are Born Again and saved from eternal damnation.

I was Born Again by the Living Powerful word of God and saved from eternal damnation........as his word is Alive and Active, Gods word never comes back void and always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him...

Gods word is Alive and he is Spirit....his Spirit like the wind is everywhere...he sees all that goes on and he’s with us right this second in Spirit.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ritajanice; @Red Baker; @JBO; @Scott Downey ;

I have brought this subject forward in a stand alone thread , as suggested by Rita.....from CALVINISM: The height of Spiritual depravity
as that one seemed to be off in a new direction from the OP.. and because Rita as we all have very individual specific ideas about this subject.... and each of the mentioned have contributed today.

While basic random thoughts I will kick things off with these. (Overly simplistic, but is a start.)

Since we have these 3 examples of the word in the Holy Bible what do you believe a person who says they are Christian, or a Christian mean?

Born again shall be addressed whenever you want to put it in.
Hello Rella, And how are you all? very interesting question, As we were coming up as a child both myself and my wife, I thought I was a Baptist for years, and then Methodist for years until some better teachings of Christ.

But my wife's faith was Catholic until she learned some things about Christ also, and together we have grown until the knowledge of the truth to become Christians.

But looking at the OP, I would say there is a difference in this issue, as far as what we understand in what we have studied and prayed about.

To be continued:

We enjoyed all of the posts so far, always something to share as we learn from each other from our experiences, really as we take His yoke upon ourselves:

Matthew 11:28-30

New International Version

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Read full chapter

Ephesians 4:20-32

King James Version

20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I have brought this subject forward in a stand alone thread , as suggested by Rita.....from CALVINISM: The height of Spiritual depravity
as that one seemed to be off in a new direction from the OP.. and because Rita as we all have very individual specific ideas about this subject.... and each of the mentioned have contributed today.

While basic random thoughts I will kick things off with these. (Overly simplistic, but is a start.)

Since we have these 3 examples of the word in the Holy Bible what do you believe a person who says they are Christian, or a Christian mean?

Jesus was actually quite specific about His sheep. Those who listen to Him and follow.

The spiritual conundrum is who is in the Kingdom and who is not? Jesus's answer is it does not matter. His people will grow and mature the rest will just tag along causing problems, but to separate the two would cause damage to His people.

So many will claim they know Jesus and His ways and yet not know Him at all.
I have debated with many different folk, and the depth of experience and understanding varies vastly.
The belief systems and behaviour equally varies vastly.

So the term Christian now means groups who develop their belief system from christian religious documents and traditions, with vastly different meanings.

So I would describe myself as a follower of Jesus and His words.
God bless you

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was actually quite specific about His sheep. Those who listen to Him and follow.

The spiritual conundrum is who is in the Kingdom and who is not? Jesus's answer is it does not matter. His people will grow and mature the rest will just tag along causing problems, but to separate the two would cause damage to His people.

So many will claim they know Jesus and His ways and yet not know Him at all.
I have debated with many different folk, and the depth of experience and understanding varies vastly.
The belief systems and behaviour equally varies vastly.

So the term Christian now means groups who develop their belief system from christian religious documents and traditions, with vastly different meanings.

So I would describe myself as a follower of Jesus and His words.
God bless you
Well stated.

I know I have grown exponentially (sp?) since participating on forums such as this.

And have been shocked at times how there can be such varied beliefs when we
all read the same words... (Though translations might influence)

I love "describe myself as a follower of Jesus and His words."

Blessings.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some Bible scholars attribute the Book of Acts having been written by Apostle Luke, by a hand-writing style that Luke had, who was a doctor.

Acts 11:26 is written by one in the Church (Luke being alleged), and is written to the Church. So the fact that those in the Church at Antioch were first called "Christians" has nothing to do with secularist non-believers saying that. That destroys any 'bias' one may have against that word "Christian" in The Bible.

Furthermore, even though king Agrippa said Paul almost persuaded him to become a "Christian", that does not mean Agrippa out of the blue just began that label. Christ Jesus and Christians under the Roman empire by that time were well heard of.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being Born of the Spirit, is not a doctrine..it’s the “ Living “ word of God...

You do not need to read any Bible to be Born of the Spirit, as only God by his Living word can regenerate us, no one can do that, believing is not the same as receiving God given Faith, a manifestation of the Spirit...you can’t have a relationship with God, if you aren’t Born Again by his Spirit.

I mean, someone ever asked me...Born Again of what..which quite honestly I was quite baffled by them not knowing that we are Born of the Spirit, “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “. but then again as was pointed out to me...we are all at different levels of understanding.

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems as though the raging waves of the theological battles have calm down over this issue~Christian verses born again.

I'll go back to the other thread and consider John 3:1-8 verse by verse, the Lord willing.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Hi there and peace be with you in the name of Lord Jesus Christ.

There's apparently no supporting verse in the Holy Bible to give the meaning of Christian.

According to the wisdom given me, people of a certain nation when we address them, it ends with, 'ian'.

Example, Russ'ian'. Alban'ian', Iran'ian' etc.

Therefore, i believe Christ'ian' are people from the nation of Christ in Heaven.

'Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, ..................................................................' (1Peter2:11)

'Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of GOD; And are built upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together growth unto an Holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of GOD through the Spirit.' (Ephesians2:19-22)

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always use the term "Born again from above" when I refer to myself. When someone asks, "how are you?", I say I'm redeemed; if its someone at church I know, I'll say "I'm redeemed by the Blood of Jesus". God touched me and I wanted more and the Holy Spirit came powerfully upon me. Today the Holy Spirit is still powerful in me. It's like a strong cup of coffee energizing me for the day. I'm up every morning bouncing off the walls praising Jesus every day.

Reactions: amadeus

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The problem is not usually what the Bible says, although sometimes it can be when different translations are involved. It is usually what does the Bible mean by what the Bible says. In order to discuss anything rationally, it is necessary to have some agreement on the definition and meaning of words as a starting point. That typically does not happen in the cases of disputes about the meaning of phrases, or sentences in the Bible. For example, something that should be obvious is the definition and meaning of the word "faith", since it is fundamental to the very basics of God's plan of salvation. But the definition and meaning of the word "faith" is greatly disputed; and thus, any doctrine involving faith will also be greatly disputed.

And that is the problem here. There is noy agreement on the definition and meaning of the word "Christian". More over, there is not agreement on the definition and meaning of the phrase, "born again". Therefore, there cannot be any agreement on whether or not they mean the same.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed....that seed is the word of God, that in Gods mercy , when he decided to make us Born Again and received God given Faith which manifest itself in the heart/ spirit of a Born Again.....the Spirit testifies with our spirit all day every day that we are Gods children....we have understanding of spiritual matters...of course this all takes time to understand and the only person who can bring us to understanding Gods word, is the Holy Spirit, because we are Born Again with a new heart/ Spirit within......therefore taken out of this world and placed in the Kingdom of God.

“ Mind Blowing”!!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed....that seed is the word of God, that in Gods mercy , when he decided to make us Born Again and received God given Faith which manifest itself in the heart/ spirit of a Born Again.....the Spirit testifies with our spirit all day every day that we are Gods children....we have understanding of spiritual matters...of course this all takes time to understand and the only person who can bring us to understanding Gods word, is the Holy Spirit, because we are Born Again with a new heart/ Spirit within......therefore taken out of this world and placed in the Kingdom of God.

“ Mind Blowing”!!
And there we have the perfect example of what I just spoke about above in reply #34.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is not usually what the Bible says, although sometimes it can be when different translations are involved. It is usually what does the Bible mean by what the Bible says. In order to discuss anything rationally, it is necessary to have some agreement on the definition and meaning of words as a starting point. That typically does not happen in the cases of disputes about the meaning of phrases, or sentences in the Bible. For example, something that should be obvious is the definition and meaning of the word "faith", since it is fundamental to the very basics of God's plan of salvation. But the definition and meaning of the word "faith" is greatly disputed; and thus, any doctrine involving faith will also be greatly disputed.

And that is the problem here. There is noy agreement on the definition and meaning of the word "Christian". More over, there is not agreement on the definition and meaning of the phrase, "born again". Therefore, there cannot be any agreement on whether or not they mean the same.
The problem is of “ Spiritual Matters “ very different wavelengths of understanding Gods word....from each and everyone of us.

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use terms like born again interchangeably with terms like Christian.

Christian means "follower of the Christ (or anointed one if you want that translated too)."

It just means I recognize the Messiah of Israel has come, and it is His teaching and interpretation of Scripture that I follow rather than the average Jewish Rabbi's interpretation who don't believe the Christ has come.

I don't discuss being born again often, but your not Christian if you haven't been. That's according to Jesus Himself.

But it's something that occurs after believing in Christ, not before. Water baptism is symbolic of being "born again". It is not necessary to understand before your saved. You'll understand later.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“ Mind Blowing”!!
Good morning Rita,

Mind blowing, yes. However.....

You ARE born again, correct. You do not regard yourself as a Christian... yet being called a Christian is not of unimportance. Christian V. Born again to me is ... if I can use this analogy.... much in the same vein that you were born to parents and had a "Maiden" name but when you married.... umless you are of the "NEW" generation of thought you took your husband's last name... correct?

And this means that throughout your married life and perhaps after he may have died if anyone asked you identified with this married name leaving the old behind you.

Perhaps this does not describe you but I believe you can understand this as presented. The old was replaced by the new.

Here is my problem

There are Born again people who came downline from David, through Jesus.
or grafted into the tree of those who did. (Not unlike a human adoption where the adoptee is given the last name of the adoptor. )

In the Holy bible that you read and I read the term Christian is mentioned 3 times as I pointed out before.

That is Born Again #1

Problem..... Enters with the following...

Hamza Ali Abbasi: The born again Muslim | The Express Tribune

Hamza Ali Abbasi: The born again Muslim​

The first impression I had after hearing Abbasi’s statements was that they reeked of self-righteousness and...

The Problem with Some "Born Again" Muslims

My friend is a "born again" Muslim. Personally I am often perplexed by this type. This is an interesting category which before "rediscovering" Islam has often lived a very "secularized" life. People belonging to this category have often indulged in extravagances and different kind of "vices." But at a certain age, generally in late thirties or early forties, they rediscover Islam.

"Born-again" Muslims: cultural schizophrenia

"Born-again" Muslims
Sayyid Qutb, imprisoned and tortured by Gamal Abdel Nasser’s police and executed on what were almost certainly trumped-up charges, concluded that Muslim society in the Arab world and beyond had ceased to be “Islamic”, having reverted to the condition of jahiliya. Just as God had authorised Mohammed to fight the Meccan pagans before they eventually submitted to Islam, so Qutb in his prison writings provided the rationale that would later be used to justify the assassination of President Anwar al-Sadat in October 1981, and the Islamist attacks on the Egyptian and other nominally Muslim governments, on western personnel and tourists.

There are many more references from the drop down list at
what is a born again Muslim at DuckDuckGo

That is Born Again #2.... as there are a great many.... Muslims... who would be considered born again.

NOT with the same meaning you use or I use, but what they believe to be fact.

Lets not stop here.

The born again Jew.

Born Again | The Jewish Federations of North America

But as I spoke about about how people use the ritual bath before Yom Kippur to experience a sense of renewal for the new year ahead, coming very soon, something interesting happened. I said “You dip into the water as one person and emerge anew and are born….” I stopped myself from finishing that sentence. I bit my tongue and couldn’t finish. Was I really about to tell people how to be “born again?”

Born Again? - Discovering The Jewish Jesus

Discovering the Jewish Jesus

Born Again?
Rabbi Schneider (said)

Jesus was talking about our first (natural) birth and a second (spiritual) birth. The first birth happens when we were birthed into this world from our mother’s womb – we were born in the flesh. But at the second birth, when we receive Jesus, we literally receive the substance of God’s Spirit. God’s Spirit literally comes inside us, and when that happens we receive another nature. We are given God’s own character because His Spirit comes and inhabits us.

A Book: (should you care to get and read.
A Born-Again Jew | Timothy Hyman

"A Born-Again Jew by Timothy Hyman

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/why-immerse-in-the-mikveh/

The Mikveh’s Significance in Traditional Conversion​

Immersion in the mikveh actualizes the transition between the convert's old identity and his or her new one as a Jew.
No other religious act is so freighted with meaning as this one which touches every aspect of life and proclaims a total commitment to a new idea and a new way of life as it swallows up the old and gives birth to the new.
The water of the mikveh is designed to ritually cleanse a person from deeds of the past. The convert is considered by Jewish law to be like a newborn child. By spiritually cleansing the convert, the mikveh water prepares him or her to confront God, life, and people with a fresh spirit and new eyes–it washes away the past, leaving only the future. Of course, this does not deny that there were good and beautiful aspects of the past. But, in the strictest religious sense, that past was only prologue to a future life as a Jew.

There is a second layer of meaning to mikveh. It marks the beginning of the ascent to an elevated religious state. This function of mikveh goes beyond the basic purpose of purification. Anthropologists refer to this threshold of higher social status as “liminality.” The person at this moment of transition is a “liminal” or “threshold” person. The liminal state is common to virtually all persons and societies, ancient and modern, and it marks a move to an altered status or to a life transition. Entering adulthood from adolescence, for example, requires a tunnel of time, a rite of passage, a liminal state that acknowledges by symbolic acts the stark changes taking place in one’s self-identity, behavior, and attitude.

In a sense, it is nothing short of the spiritual drama of death and rebirth cast onto the canvas of the convert’s soul. Submerging into waters over her head, she enters into an environment in which she cannot breathe and cannot live for more than moments.

More? https://duckduckgo.com/?q=what+is+a+born+again+Jew&atb=v383-1&ia=web

Now I have to stop if I have not run out of characters already.

YOU , everyone , needs to consider if you would happen to be with anyone that does not know you and the subject comes up about faith and beliefs and
your first instinct is to say I AM BORN AGAIN if people will wonder what kind.

Born again Muslin.

Born again Jew

Born again Christian.

Because , in the minds of the Muslim, Jew, and Christian who so believe each is correct in saying they are born again.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Rita,

Mind blowing, yes. However.....

You ARE born again, correct. You do not regard yourself as a Christian... yet being called a Christian is not of unimportance. Christian V. Born again to me is ... if I can use this analogy.... much in the same vein that you were born to parents and had a "Maiden" name but when you married.... umless you are of the "NEW" generation of thought you took your husband's last name... correct?

And this means that throughout your married life and perhaps after he may have died if anyone asked you identified with this married name leaving the old behind you.

Perhaps this does not describe you but I believe you can understand this as presented. The old was replaced by the new.

Here is my problem

There are Born again people who came downline from David, through Jesus.
or grafted into the tree of those who did. (Not unlike a human adoption where the adoptee is given the last name of the adoptor. )

In the Holy bible that you read and I read the term Christian is mentioned 3 times as I pointed out before.

That is Born Again #1

Problem..... Enters with the following...

Hamza Ali Abbasi: The born again Muslim | The Express Tribune

Hamza Ali Abbasi: The born again Muslim​

The first impression I had after hearing Abbasi’s statements was that they reeked of self-righteousness and...

The Problem with Some "Born Again" Muslims

My friend is a "born again" Muslim. Personally I am often perplexed by this type. This is an interesting category which before "rediscovering" Islam has often lived a very "secularized" life. People belonging to this category have often indulged in extravagances and different kind of "vices." But at a certain age, generally in late thirties or early forties, they rediscover Islam.

"Born-again" Muslims: cultural schizophrenia

"Born-again" Muslims
Sayyid Qutb, imprisoned and tortured by Gamal Abdel Nasser’s police and executed on what were almost certainly trumped-up charges, concluded that Muslim society in the Arab world and beyond had ceased to be “Islamic”, having reverted to the condition of jahiliya. Just as God had authorised Mohammed to fight the Meccan pagans before they eventually submitted to Islam, so Qutb in his prison writings provided the rationale that would later be used to justify the assassination of President Anwar al-Sadat in October 1981, and the Islamist attacks on the Egyptian and other nominally Muslim governments, on western personnel and tourists.

There are many more references from the drop down list at
what is a born again Muslim at DuckDuckGo

That is Born Again #2.... as there are a great many.... Muslims... who would be considered born again.

NOT with the same meaning you use or I use, but what they believe to be fact.

Lets not stop here.

The born again Jew.

Born Again | The Jewish Federations of North America

But as I spoke about about how people use the ritual bath before Yom Kippur to experience a sense of renewal for the new year ahead, coming very soon, something interesting happened. I said “You dip into the water as one person and emerge anew and are born….” I stopped myself from finishing that sentence. I bit my tongue and couldn’t finish. Was I really about to tell people how to be “born again?”

Born Again? - Discovering The Jewish Jesus

Discovering the Jewish Jesus

Born Again?
Rabbi Schneider (said)

Jesus was talking about our first (natural) birth and a second (spiritual) birth. The first birth happens when we were birthed into this world from our mother’s womb – we were born in the flesh. But at the second birth, when we receive Jesus, we literally receive the substance of God’s Spirit. God’s Spirit literally comes inside us, and when that happens we receive another nature. We are given God’s own character because His Spirit comes and inhabits us.

A Book: (should you care to get and read.
A Born-Again Jew | Timothy Hyman

"A Born-Again Jew by Timothy Hyman

The Mikveh's Significance in Traditional Conversion | My Jewish Learning

The Mikveh’s Significance in Traditional Conversion​

Immersion in the mikveh actualizes the transition between the convert's old identity and his or her new one as a Jew.
No other religious act is so freighted with meaning as this one which touches every aspect of life and proclaims a total commitment to a new idea and a new way of life as it swallows up the old and gives birth to the new.
The water of the mikveh is designed to ritually cleanse a person from deeds of the past. The convert is considered by Jewish law to be like a newborn child. By spiritually cleansing the convert, the mikveh water prepares him or her to confront God, life, and people with a fresh spirit and new eyes–it washes away the past, leaving only the future. Of course, this does not deny that there were good and beautiful aspects of the past. But, in the strictest religious sense, that past was only prologue to a future life as a Jew.

There is a second layer of meaning to mikveh. It marks the beginning of the ascent to an elevated religious state. This function of mikveh goes beyond the basic purpose of purification. Anthropologists refer to this threshold of higher social status as “liminality.” The person at this moment of transition is a “liminal” or “threshold” person. The liminal state is common to virtually all persons and societies, ancient and modern, and it marks a move to an altered status or to a life transition. Entering adulthood from adolescence, for example, requires a tunnel of time, a rite of passage, a liminal state that acknowledges by symbolic acts the stark changes taking place in one’s self-identity, behavior, and attitude.

In a sense, it is nothing short of the spiritual drama of death and rebirth cast onto the canvas of the convert’s soul. Submerging into waters over her head, she enters into an environment in which she cannot breathe and cannot live for more than moments.

More? what is a born again Jew at DuckDuckGo

Now I have to stop if I have not run out of characters already.

YOU , everyone , needs to consider if you would happen to be with anyone that does not know you and the subject comes up about faith and beliefs and
your first instinct is to say I AM BORN AGAIN if people will wonder what kind.

Born again Muslin.

Born again Jew

Born again Christian.

Because , in the minds of the Muslim, Jew, and Christian who so believe each is correct in saying they are born again.
Rella my dear....thank you for posting all of this....the thing is..it’s not the word of God...therefore fills my head with confusion....I can only understand in the Spirit...I understand none of this....not being rude...just being honest...God Bless.

Edit to add as a Born Again of the Spirit.....i can only understand the word that God speaks to me and brings me to understanding his Living word..via his Spirit..the Holy Spirit.......my Spirit is Born Again @Rella ...not my mind.