Born again requirement ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If you want to be understood plainly try posting plainly.
i used to do that, and was led to stop, and let flow, so that some could see and some could not, was the best answer i could get
For instance, I do not know but very few text abbreviations, Asp for instance, I have no clue, not all us old gesers text and some of the words you use I have to look up in a dictionary, Asperger's I have no clue
Asp=Asperger's, a form of autism
Sheldon Cooper I never herd of.
hmm. Howard Hughes then, perhaps. An idiot-savant, so to speak
If you do not mean it to be taken personally or a rebuttal, let us know.
it seems A and i kind of cleared that up?
I try very hard to make my post as clear as possible and I pretty much expect the same from others.
i now have to work to obscure some posts that i am being led to believe are too clear, as ppl should i guess seek and knock for themselves on matters. i tend to give TMI, is the impression i got. Or, some things should be your idea, like that, the way we recognize that it is better to teach sometimes? Although i am not a teacher. Maybe that's it, this keeps me from lecturing. God save me from being perceived as a professor.
Otherwise I get the idea you are trying to be vague on purpose and what purpose, I have no clue.
i detest the coyness thing, and also strive to never do that
Sorry about your job situation, can you not find something more substantial.
hmm. i have kind of given the wrong impression i guess; i don't work for money, don't use money, haven't for years. I am not lacking for offers; i just know better than to accept now, because me working for most ppl just doesn't work out. i stay plenty busy.
Are you handicapped?
ha well, imagine being the employer of H Hughes, maybe; or employing a...i dunno, a raccoon, or a goat, say, even to do something that a goat could easily do, keep the field down; the goat can do that, but the goat also has its own priorities, see, and just is not motivated by your offer, perhaps. And more money doesn't help, to someone not motivated by money; i've made...well, a lot of money, in sales. 4 figures a day even. But i am just hopeless with money, see, i would give it to a sob story, or a whore with doe eyes, etc. So yes, i am handicapped, in a way. The world makes no sense to me, in a peculiar kind of way. i read something different in a sentence than you do, and i hear something different in a statement than you do. So instead of understanding your intent in a statement, i start asking questions about the part that makes no sense to me, like that; very maddening i guess. Someone with an autistic acquaintance could prolly explain better, sorry.

pot helps, a lot, but how many wanna hire a guy who has to get high to work? lol

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you want to be understood plainly try posting plainly. For instance, I do not know but very few text abbreviations, Asp for instance, I have no clue, not all us old gesers text and some of the words you use I have to look up in a dictionary, Asperger's I have no clue, Sheldon Cooper I never herd of. If you do not mean it to be taken personally or a rebuttal, let us know. I try very hard to make my post as clear as possible and I pretty much expect the same from others. Otherwise I get the idea you are trying to be vague on purpose and what purpose, I have no clue.
Sorry about your job situation, can you not find something more substantial. Are you handicapped?

Haha! Agree, sometimes it like trying to read someone who is speaking in tongues but I don't have the interpretation!! :)

I am getting much better at working it out now.
ASAS, is as soon as possible..IMHO, is in my humble opinion.
IOW is- in other words...BTW is -by the way. As you say, there are thousands of them.
It does make one wonder if in a decade a teenager would be able to actually read a book!! Maybe not... :eek:
They may not even know what 'a book' is...all they need is some device!!!

BTW ( :D) I have a niece with Asperger's so I know. It is not such a strong problem as Autism it is one step better than Autism...in some areas she is very intelligent...and some can even hold down good jobs.

( she can't, she can never see a task right to the end...and will never stop talking! ) But, as I say...there are many degrees of Aspergers ...she is about in the middle.

Reactions: jimd

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sorry about your job situation, can you not find something more substantial.
i arrive at work day 1, after staying up all night researching the new job, and the boss loves me, day 1, because i have somehow "picked up" on things that take...i pick up things quickly. Of course everyone else hates me by the end of day 1, for the same reason. then i spend all night revamping the production line or whatever...and by the end of day 2 or so, the boss pretty much agrees with everyone else; except in rare cases.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Haha! Agree, sometimes it like trying to read someone who is speaking in tongues but I don't have the interpretation!! :)

I am getting much better at working it out now.
ha, fwiw if it is important enough to you, you can ask for clarification, and usually i can interpret, somewhat. I do apologize, but any other way and my posts just get too long to read
BTW ( :D) I have a niece with Asperger's so I know. It is not such a strong problem as Autism it is one step better than Autism...in some areas she is very intelligent...and some can even hold down good jobs.

( she can't, she can never see a task right to the end...and will never stop talking! ) But, as I say...there are many degrees of Aspergers ...she is about in the middle.
of course autists are on a bell curve intelligence-wise, just like everyone else.
I am monosyllabic in person now, even around ppl i am comfortable with

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, my dear twinc, it is a person's own heart he must careful about. That is where the worst of deceptions lie.
When it comes to other people treat them always with love even if they don't seem to be loveable. Remember the second greatest commandment:

"And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matt 22:39

Or as the Apostle Paul put it:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

ah I see a bit clearer now the problem is that you love yourself and others but not God[Jas 4;4]1Jn 2:15][2Cor 6:17] - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah I see a bit clearer now the problem is that you love yourself and others but not God[Jas 4;4]1Jn 2:15][2Cor 6:17] - twinc
Twinc, twinc, are you being sarcastic or presumptious? I did not quote the first great commandment, but if you looked at a Bible you would see it printed just before the one I did quote in Matthew:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment." Matt 22:37-38

The two must be one. We must love both God and our brother.

"If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also." I John 4:20-21

If our heart is really right with God, we will love both God and our brother.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i arrive at work day 1, after staying up all night researching the new job, and the boss loves me, day 1, because i have somehow "picked up" on things that take...i pick up things quickly. Of course everyone else hates me by the end of day 1, for the same reason. then i spend all night revamping the production line or whatever...and by the end of day 2 or so, the boss pretty much agrees with everyone else; except in rare cases.
He may hate you for what you are manifesting on the one hand, but he is loving what you have accomplished on the other hand. This is a major difference between working for men and working for God. Why would you say that that is the case?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Twinc, twinc, are you being sarcastic or presumptious? I did not quote the first great commandment, but if you looked at a Bible you would see it printed just before the one I did quote in Matthew:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment." Matt 22:37-38

The two must be one. We must love both God and our brother.

"If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also." I John 4:20-21

If our heart is really right with God, we will love both God and our brother.

yes, yes but of course no doubt - what is in doubt is that Jesus said what you say He did - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, yes but of course no doubt - what is in doubt is that Jesus said what you say He did - twinc
Why do you doubt it? It is in the scripture. I use the KJV Bible, but you could find it also in your own preferred version.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you doubt it? It is in the scripture. I use the KJV Bible, but you could find it also in your own preferred version.

no it is not - this is part of the problem = it is a bit like some are certain that it is in the bible that Mary had children other than Jesus when it just is not so but accepted just to be antagonistic and/or contrary imho - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no it is not - this is part of the problem = it is a bit like some are certain that it is in the bible that Mary had children other than Jesus when it just is not so but accepted just to be antagonistic and/or contrary imho - twinc
So then be helpful here and point out to me what I said that Jesus said which according to you he did not say.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why would you say that that is the case?
$, you cannot serve two masters, ignorantly trampling others' egos. Prolly mostly the last one, because "now, take your purse..." is something i haven't assimilated too well yet. The first two are just judgement on my part, basically

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but did not know her intimately until she gave birth to a son.

your pov must ignore this v imo

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
So then be helpful here and point out to me what I said that Jesus said which according to you he did not say.

that was said 'of old' but I say unto you love your enemies and each other as I have loved you - twinc

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i used to do that, and was led to stop, and let flow, so that some could see and some could not, was the best answer i could get

i now have to work to obscure some posts that i am being led to believe are too clear, as ppl should i guess seek and knock for themselves on matters. i tend to give TMI, is the impression i got. Or, some things should be your idea, like that, the way we recognize that it is better to teach sometimes? Although i am not a teacher. Maybe that's it, this keeps me from lecturing. God save me from being perceived as a professor.

hmm. i have kind of given the wrong impression i guess; i don't work for money, don't use money, haven't for years. I am not lacking for offers; i just know better than to accept now, because me working for most ppl just doesn't work out. i stay plenty busy.
ha well, imagine being the employer of H Hughes, maybe; or employing a...i dunno, a raccoon, or a goat, say, even to do something that a goat could easily do, keep the field down; the goat can do that, but the goat also has its own priorities, see, and just is not motivated by your offer, perhaps. And more money doesn't help, to someone not motivated by money; i've made...well, a lot of money, in sales. 4 figures a day even. But i am just hopeless with money, see, i would give it to a sob story, or a whore with doe eyes, etc. So yes, i am handicapped, in a way. The world makes no sense to me, in a peculiar kind of way. i read something different in a sentence than you do, and i hear something different in a statement than you do. So instead of understanding your intent in a statement, i start asking questions about the part that makes no sense to me, like that; very maddening i guess. Someone with an autistic acquaintance could prolly explain better, sorry.

pot helps, a lot, but how many wanna hire a guy who has to get high to work? lol
hmm---so , what I see is what i get. I will keep that in mind but don't blame me if i misunderstand your post or don't respond.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
$, you cannot serve two masters, ignorantly trampling others' egos. Prolly mostly the last one, because "now, take your purse..." is something i haven't assimilated too well yet. The first two are just judgement on my part, basically
Aye that phrase about not being able to serve two masters also came to my mind.

Yes, to share all that we possess with everyone equally without question is a difficult one. While I could cite verses showing that we are only stewards and not owners or heirs yet. My wallet rarely has much in it, but to easily share its contents with someone other than my wife would still not be something so easy to do.

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hmm----so basically what I see is what i get. i will keep that in mind but don't be surprised if i misunderstand or don't reply, k. see i am learning your lingo, cool man:) sorry for the double post, don't know what happened.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that was said 'of old' but I say unto you love your enemies and each other as I have loved you - twinc
Nothing wrong with those words. They also come from the scripture. Of course people differ on interpretations and even on who may give an interpretation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where or how does that say she had children other than Jesus - twinc
It really is a very reasonable conclusion based on what is written in scripture. Since you cannot prove the wrong of it, why not leave it lay? Is agreement on this point necessary to the discussion of being born again?

Reactions: bbyrd009