Born again requirement ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh - and Jesus DID expos the pharisees for being hypocrites and liars when they were.
Yes, Jesus did this, but he was able to discern the heart of the man and acted accordingly. He never got it wrong whereas you and I and these others here you are calling liars, must learn to hold back the sharpness of our tongues until we are as He is.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why are YOU so afraid to stand up for Christ?
The fact that you can't - or refuse to identify an aberrant teaching or perversion of Christianity speaks volumes about where YOU are in what you believe as an anti-Trinitarian.

"And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village." Luke 9:53-56

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hmm, we might be a tiny step closer here; if an ass only claims that the Spirit speaks through them, but we determine that It has not, has the Spirit then spoken, or not? i don't know. Ah, how was the determination made? maybe

Well one red flag would be that the Ass CLAIMS that the Spirit speaks through him! ( now that we HAVE had on this Site :D Especially when it comes to those who claim that the rapture is at hand and the end of the world is coming and all those other silly ranting posts. )
Whenever 'they' say that they have the 'word of the Lord'...it is a sure sign that they don't.
But when someone is just preaching, sharing, posting, or just talking , and says something which goes 'click' inside our spirit...then our spiritual ears perk up and we listen to the Lord 'in them'....most times they are not even aware that they are speaking "in the Spirit". (" My sheep hear My voice, and a stranger they will not follow") We know and recognize His voice.
We have the "inner knowing" when we hear our beloveds voice.

That is how the mop flops with me anyway. :)

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well let's just say i rely on God more than many, perhaps, because i simply have no other options lol, basically unemployable etc
Hmm finally a decently strait up post! Why are you unemployable and etc?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I really do keep trying not to be deceived, but the old flesh of me keeps on popping up his ugly head. Help us all dear Lord.
ha, i am like replying to you in the third person or something and you are hearing me in the first person or whatever. Ya that helped what i mean is, you are taking that as a...reply, when i mean it as an agreement with you, or else i post what pops into my head when i read your post, for a witness, quite a bit, not meaning it to be taken personally or a rebuttal or whatever. This is my problem, the Asp thing again prolly, other ppl remark on it too

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why do you twist people's words instead to looking for what is really in their hearts? What was meant is that there some people within those groups you seemingly reject completely who have a better attitude [spirit] with regard to the things most important to God than the attitude [spirit] of some who are within church groups you consider more acceptable or even the one you consider most acceptable.
"little children, do not be deceived..."
I really do keep trying not to be deceived, but the old flesh of me keeps on popping up his ugly head. Help us all dear Lord.
see, the middle post was meant as a reflection of the first post. maybe i should start prefacing those with "reminds me of" or something?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, i am like replying to you in the third person or something and you are hearing me in the first person or whatever. Ya that helped what i mean is, you are taking that as a...reply, when i mean it as an agreement with you, or else i post what pops into my head when i read your post, for a witness, quite a bit, not meaning it to be taken personally or a rebuttal or whatever. This is my problem, the Asp thing again prolly, other ppl remark on it too
:):D And so we keep on smiling even if we are still children too... or is it because in a real sense we really are still children?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well one red flag would be that the Ass CLAIMS that the Spirit speaks through him! ( now that we HAVE had on this Site :D Especially when it comes to those who claim that the rapture is at hand and the end of the world is coming and all those other silly ranting posts. )
Whenever 'they' say that they have the 'word of the Lord'...it is a sure sign that they don't.
amen, but the point i hoped to make was that the Spirit did indeed speak to you on the matter, even though it was essentially to disagree with the assertion of the ...ass, so to speak. (although we are breaking the symbology of the ass in Scripture herenow prolly, as the ass spoke truth right)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, the middle post was meant as a reflection of the first post. maybe i should start prefacing those with "reminds me of" or something?
I did understand, but sometimes our accidental miscommunications do communicate something we did not intend. In the world do they not speak of Freudian slips? Perhaps this is similar to that?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hmm finally a decently strait up post! Why are you unemployable and etc?
well...imagine employing Sheldon Cooper, i guess; although there is a lot wrong with that analogy lol, i am not a genious.

i do have a sometime employer, a Catholic guy...but he (a non-smoker) insists that i smoke some pot before we work together.
But he is Italian, and asking him to explain why...just wouldn't be productive. i suspect vaccination-induced Asperger's.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:):D And so we keep on smiling even if we are still children too... or is it because in a real sense we really are still children?
man, i have been meaning to make a thread on this. It is all about perspective, huh. We start as little children, mature into adults (seven worse spirits?), and get told to become like little children again, ya

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I did understand, but sometimes our accidental miscommunications do communicate something we did not intend. In the world do they not speak of Freudian slips? Perhaps this is similar to that?
oh, cool. to part a. As to part b, not sure, especially as you start by saying "i did understand," and then goto "Freudian slips," which is CogDissing me all out now, as i don't see how both could have happened in this case lol. i'd hafta go review. A one-word-in-the-middle slip would be diff from that imo, as yours started with "I?"
I really do keep trying not to be deceived

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
a big amen, this is as clear a sign to me as someone telling me that they are saved; although that might be a bridge too far for you lol

Haha! Yes indeed...I will say...and it's one of the very few things that I will say that "I know"....some things I hold lightly in case I may be wrong.
But those who are saved and committed to the Lord, know it.

I know the day, the month, the year, and the place where change took place.
"Once I was blind, now I can see." :)

Reactions: jimd and ScottA

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, cool. to part a. As to part b, not sure, especially as you start by saying "i did understand," and then goto "Freudian slips," which is CogDissing me all out now, as i don't see how both could have happened in this case lol. i'd hafta go review. A one-word-in-the-middle slip would be diff from that imo, as yours started with "I?"
Guilty as charged!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
lol
Haha! Yes indeed...I will say...and it's one of the very few things that I will say that "I know"....some things I hold lightly in case I may be wrong.
But those who are saved and committed to the Lord, know it.

I know the day, the month, the year, and the place where change took place.
"Once I was blind, now I can see." :)
so you say, yes, and there is even Scripture that can be interpreted to corroborate this. However, the potential for abuse should also be apparent?

this issue split the Anabaptists, btw

and i can't help but notice how some new understanding has made me "see," but also made me prideful(=useless to God) for about a year lol

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well...imagine employing Sheldon Cooper, i guess; although there is a lot wrong with that analogy lol, i am not a genious.

i do have a sometime employer, a Catholic guy...but he (a non-smoker) insists that i smoke some pot before we work together.
But he is Italian, and asking him to explain why...just wouldn't be productive. i suspect vaccination-induced Asperger's.
If you want to be understood plainly try posting plainly. For instance, I do not know but very few text abbreviations, Asp for instance, I have no clue, not all us old gesers text and some of the words you use I have to look up in a dictionary, Asperger's I have no clue, Sheldon Cooper I never herd of. If you do not mean it to be taken personally or a rebuttal, let us know. I try very hard to make my post as clear as possible and I pretty much expect the same from others. Otherwise I get the idea you are trying to be vague on purpose and what purpose, I have no clue.
Sorry about your job situation, can you not find something more substantial. Are you handicapped?