Born again requirement ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you are and do not even know it. You are making salvation about joining the right church, when it is actually about the individual relationship with the Lord. When a person is born again they are automatically added to the Lords church, which is neither Catholic nor Protestant and hey you may be born again, I don't know but when anyone says whole groups of people are not christian, that's mighty questionable judging to me.
PS: I see you are still imagining it is scripture and not you judging, good luck with that.
Sooo - you believe that Mormons are Christian?
You believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are Christian?
You believe that you can deny the Trinity and still be a Christian? This speaks VOLUMES about why you don't understand what the Church is.

As for your claim that I said you have to belong to the "right church" in order to be saved - that's a complete and total LIE.
I never said that or even implied it. However - if you reject Christ's Church - that's a whole different kettle of fish.

If you reject Christ's Church - you have rejected Christ - AND the Father (Luke 10:16).

Reactions: Armadillo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the truth but how can one who denies teh truth seek after it.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

which is all you have ever done

2Th_2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
Really?
Are you Married? Were your parents married? HOW were you married? Was there a ring involved?
The Bible doesn't give instructions for a Wedding ceremony. Sooooo - HOW were you married - and by whom?

Have you been Baptized? Who told you HOW to Baptize?
The Bible doesn't say ONE word about HOW to baptize. It simply mentions water. Sooooo - HOW were you baptized - and by whom?

Do you read the Bible?
The Bible doesn't give instructions about WHICH Books are supposed to be in it. Sooooo - WHO told you what Scripture was?

YOU adhere to traditions as well, so your comments about Catholics and Tradition are complete hypocrisy.
Do your homework, pal . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve never made any derogatory remarks on anyone in these forums, even to those who act like an unsaved person like you. What you are displaying is uncharacteristic of a child of God. So no matter what you say or do in these forums you have already been judged for your actions. Still, there is hope for you if you repent.
Wrong. It's righteous indignation.

I'm exposing lies so that others who don't know the truth but are sincerely seeking it here on this forum won't be seduced by falsehoods and fairy tales from people like YOU. You may think it's alright to bear false witness - but God doesn't. He ALSO said that if you cause others to sin - YOU will be worse off than them (Matt. 18:6, Mark 9:42). When you spread lies - YOU are just as guilty.

ALL of the rubbish you spewed about what Catholics supposedly believe about Purgatory was a big fat LIE.
So don't tell me that you don't make derogatory remarks because that is a lie as well.

Consider yourself exposed . . .
That is what I said in post #96 but you’re in such a hurry to prove your false prowess in knowledge of Scripture.

To God Be The Glory
Uhhhh, no, you didn't. Go back and read that post.
And don't blame God for your falsehoods. There's no "glory" in that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since you are the one giving teh advice, reducing ones self to name calling usually means ones run out of lies. You vannot but deceive the people, it is all you can do, for catholsim is all you know. You are no different than the JWs just the same garbage you do, using Jesus too justify ones lies, how can the truth, Jesus Christ be a part of a lie, you whole religion is based on a lie and therefore is a lie, was it not you who spoke of spending too much time in lies, maybe its time you found Jesus , for He is teh tru7th and in him thee is no lie.

You stole His authority and gave it to your church, you deny His power to save men, and than worst of all you stole His glory and handed it to your church, That is all the antichrist, How long will you persecute Him and His children. We are born again in Christ not in you church or any of mens churches, all straight from teh pits of hell, denying Jesus in all things,
And again - you completely dodged the Scripture verses I presented and went of on another insane rant.

PS - I don't engage in "name-calling" so stop bearing false witness . . .

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe that you can deny the Trinity and still be a Christian? This speaks VOLUMES about why you don't understand what the Church is.

As for your claim that I said you have to belong to the "right church" in order to be saved - that's a complete and total LIE.
I never said that or even implied it. However - if you reject Christ's Church - that's a whole different kettle of fish.

If you reject Christ's Church - you have rejected Christ - AND the Father (Luke 10:16).
I do not believe Christs Church is identified by the name on the building. Do you believe the Catholic Church is Christs Church? Do you believe the Church of Christ is Christs Church?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I do not believe Christs Church is identified by the name on the building. Do you believe the Catholic Church is Christs Church? Do you believe the Church of Christ is Christs Church?

yes - because the Catholic Church is both the Church of Christ and Christ's Church with power and authority to bind and loose - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why do you twist people's words instead to looking for what is really in their hearts? What was meant is that there some people within those groups you seemingly reject completely who have a better attitude [spirit] with regard to the things most important to God than the attitude [spirit] of some who are within church groups you consider more acceptable or even the one you consider most acceptable.

Reactions: bbyrd009

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you twist people's words instead to looking for what is really in their hearts? What was meant is that there some people within those groups you seemingly reject completely who have a better attitude [spirit] with regard to the things most important to God than the attitude [spirit] of some who are within church groups you consider more acceptable or even the one you consider most acceptable.

it seems no one told you that 'the heart is the most deceitful of all'[Jer 17:9] - twinc

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes - because the Catholic Church is both the Church of Christ and Christ's Church with power and authority to bind and loose - twinc
Then you are proving what I said in post 118 is true.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"little children, do not be deceived..."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what I asked you.

I asked you if you believe the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons or ANY anti-Trinitarian sect is part of Christ's Church.
I never mentioned any building. I'm talking about doctrine.

Are these sects that profess core doctrines that are in direct opposition to the core beliefs of Christianity part of Christ's Church?

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. It's righteous indignation.

I'm exposing lies so that others who don't know the truth but are sincerely seeking it here on this forum won't be seduced by falsehoods and fairy tales from people like YOU. You may think it's alright to bear false witness - but God doesn't. He ALSO said that if you cause others to sin - YOU will be worse off than them (Matt. 18:6, Mark 9:42). When you spread lies - YOU are just as guilty.

ALL of the rubbish you spewed about what Catholics supposedly believe about Purgatory was a big fat LIE.
So don't tell me that you don't make derogatory remarks because that is a lie as well.

Consider yourself exposed . . .

Uhhhh, no, you didn't. Go back and read that post.
And don't blame God for your falsehoods. There's no "glory" in that . . .

Please, don't tell us of your life's story!

Oops, you were speaking about yourself, weren't you?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why are YOU so afraid to stand up for Christ?
The fact that you can't - or refuse to identify an aberrant teaching or perversion of Christianity speaks volumes about where YOU are in what you believe as an anti-Trinitarian.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, don't tell us of your life's story!

Oops, you were speaking about yourself, weren't you?
Thank you for that absolutely impotent repose that dodged the issues we were discussing like a scared kitten.

If you can't respond to the fact that I exposed your lies - just say so . . .

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for that absolutely impotent repose that dodged the issues we were discussing like a scared kitten.

If you can't respond to the fact that I exposed your lies - just say so . . .

Sure you can say anything you like about me if it makes you happy cause I aim to please but just the same, it is no longer profitable to entertain your comments or statements.

Remember, Jesus reviled not again when He was reviled. Learn, Jesus is the greatest teacher that ever lived.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure you can say anything you like about me if it makes you happy cause I aim to please but just the same, it is no longer profitable to entertain your comments or statements.

Remember, Jesus reviled not again when He was reviled. Learn, Jesus is the greatest teacher that ever lived.
God also commands that we NOT bear false witness as YOU have - so maybe you should stop lying.
Maybe taking a break from the forum until you can learn to tell the truth isn't such a bad idea . . .

Oh - and Jesus DID expos the pharisees for being hypocrites and liars when they were.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Really?
Are you Married? Were your parents married? HOW were you married? Was there a ring involved?
The Bible doesn't give instructions for a Wedding ceremony. Sooooo - HOW were you married - and by whom?

Have you been Baptized? Who told you HOW to Baptize?
The Bible doesn't say ONE word about HOW to baptize. It simply mentions water. Sooooo - HOW were you baptized - and by whom?

Do you read the Bible?
The Bible doesn't give instructions about WHICH Books are supposed to be in it. Sooooo - WHO told you what Scripture was?

YOU adhere to traditions as well, so your comments about Catholics and Tradition are complete hypocrisy.
Do your homework, pal . . .
I dont have tradition, neither do I have any religion, I have Christ Jesus,, Dont you??? That is hwy HE is all I speak of,

Reactions: jimd