• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
My answer is why are so many claiming to hear FROM GOD and yet
they are teaching contrary to the God , to the Christ , to the apostels in the bible .
Yet they make the claim they are testing the spirits . Testing them against what , their emotions and what seems or feels right
OR are they actually testing them spirits against BIBLICAL SOUND DOCTRINE . THAT IS KEY my friend .
Many are fast perishing from lack of knowledge . And the many i speak of are coming from within even Churches themselves .
We better make SURE ITS JESUS , ITS GOD WE ARE FOLLOWING . ONE WAY TO DO THAT .
Man dont live by bread alone , BUT BY EVERY WORD OF GOD . We better get dug in those bibles
and find out exactly WHO or what we been following .
Preach it my brother!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I get give you plenty testimonies how thankful hardened criminals, in prison, are in receiving a Bible-plenty.
Speaking from experience.
Praise God for the Gideon Bible Society and the Underground Church.
Yes indeed it’s wonderful for non believers to be given a Bible in prison and also believers ,if it’s a comfort to them....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preach it my brother!
Many men have crept into churches . All under the guise of leading them away from the foundation of Christ .
They do so as a friend . they come in as a friend in order to transform from within .
One of peters last letters was , and even after my decease i shall make a way that ye may have these things always in remembrance .
THEY DID TOO . letters were gathered that all could have in order to have those things in remembrance .
Satan knows how to twist scrips . And he knows something else . How to get mans trust out of the scrips
wherein he can lead them into another image of GOD , which aint God at all , its a god that cannot save and an image
of a christ that cannot save . Satan knows how to decieve . The lambs have CHRIST , we shall stay glued
in the scriptures daily . Many hearts desire what they hear today from men who have twisted things
and they will sit under men who do so . But lambs are gonna SIT UNDER CHRIST and stay well dug in the holy bible .
Many sorrows for those whose hearts hungered , not for truth but for the twist . not for the pure and holy words
but for the mix . but lambs shall eat from one pasture alone , THE GREEN HOLY GRASS of ER WORD OF THE LORD .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Bible is the word of God...what else is it?
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

intents. Greek. ennoia. Only here and 1Pe_4:1. The written Word is a sword (compare Eph_6:17), and the living Word has a sword (Rev_1:16; Rev_19:15). Once, and once only, has God used the word kritikos; thus confining it to His own Word as a "critic".

That Word is to be man's Judge (Joh_12:48) Yet man claims the word "critic" and dares to sit in judgment on that very Word which is to judge him, in what he terms "higher criticism", which is only human reasoning based on the deceit of his own heart (Jer_23:26).

"In the last day" man will be criticized (judged) by the same Word on which he now sits in judgment. "Dividing asunder of soul and spirit" means not only differentiating between that which is begotten of the flesh and that which is begotten of the Spirit (Joh_3:6) in the individual; but also between the natural (Greek. psuchikos) man and the spiritual (Greek. pneumatikos) man. See 1Co_2:13-15.

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
θεοπνευστος
G2315
A-NSF
θεόπνευστος
divinely breathed in

theopneustos
1x: divinely inspired, 2Ti_3:16.
Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable (pāsa graphē theopneustos kai ōphelimos). There are two matters of doubt in this clause. One is the absence of the article hē before graphē, whether that makes it mean “every scripture” or “all scripture” as of necessity if present. Unfortunately, there are examples both ways with both pās and graphē. Twice we find graphē in the singular without the article and yet definite (1Pe_2:6; 2Pe_1:20). We have pās Israēl (Rom_11:26) for all Israel (Robertson, Grammar, p. 772).

So far as the grammatical usage goes, one can render here either “all scripture” or “every scripture.” There is no copula (estin) in the Greek and so one has to insert it either before the kai or after it. If before, as is more natural, then the meaning is: “All scripture (or every scripture) is inspired of God and profitable.” In this form there is a definite assertion of inspiration. That can be true also of the second way, making “inspired of God” descriptive of “every scripture,” and putting estin (is) after kai: “All scripture (or every scripture), inspired of God, is also profitable.”
Inspired of God (theopneustos). “God-breathed.”

Late word (Plutarch) here only in N.T. Perhaps in contrast to the commandments of men in Tit_1:14.
Profitable (ōphelimos). See note on 1Ti_4:8. See Rom_15:4. Four examples of pros (facing, with a view to, for): didaskalian, teaching; elegmon, reproof, in lxx and here only in N.T.; epanorthōsin, correction, old word, from epanorthoō, to set up straight in addition, here only in N.T., with which compare epidiorthoō in Tit_1:5; paideian, instruction, with which compare Eph_6:4.
Robertson
All: 2Sa_23:2; Mat_21:42, Mat_22:31-32, Mat_22:43, Mat_26:54, Mat_26:56; Mar_12:24, Mar_12:36; Joh_10:35; Act_1:16, Act_28:25; Rom_3:2, Rom_15:4; Gal_3:8; Heb_3:7, Heb_4:12; 2Pe_1:19-21
and is: Psa_19:7-11, Psa_119:97-104, Psa_119:130; Mic_2:7; Act_20:20, Act_20:27; 1Co_12:7; Eph_4:11-16
for doctrine: 2Ti_3:10
for reproof: 2Ti_4:2; Pro_6:23, Pro_15:10, Pro_15:31; Joh_3:20; Eph_5:11-13; Heb_11:1 *Gr.
for instruction: 2Ti_2:25; Deu_4:36; Neh_9:20; Psa_119:9, Psa_119:11; Mat_13:52; Act_18:25; Rom_2:20

Reactions: Keturah

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Many men have crept into churches . All under the guise of leading them away from the foundation of Christ .
They do so as a friend . they come in as a friend in order to transform from within .
One of peters last letters was , and even after my decease i shall make a way that ye may have these things always in remembrance .
THEY DID TOO . letters were gathered that all could have in order to have those things in remembrance .
Satan knows how to twist scrips . And he knows something else . How to get mans trust out of the scrips
wherein he can lead them into another image of GOD , which aint God at all , its a god that cannot save and an image
of a christ that cannot save . Satan knows how to decieve . The lambs have CHRIST , we shall stay glued
in the scriptures daily . Many hearts desire what they hear today from men who have twisted things
and they will sit under men who do so . But lambs are gonna SIT UNDER CHRIST and stay well dug in the holy bible .
Many sorrows for those whose hearts hungered , not for truth but for the twist . not for the pure and holy words
but for the mix . but lambs shall eat from one pasture alone , THE GREEN HOLY GRASS of ER WORD OF THE LORD .
Reminds me of this portion of Scripture-

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Psa 1:4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Psa 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Shalom, and stay strong and rooted in Christ Jesus brother.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My answer is why are so many claiming to hear FROM GOD and yet
they are teaching contrary to the God , to the Christ , to the apostels in the bible .
Yet they make the claim they are testing the spirits . Testing them against what , their emotions and what seems or feels right
Like me, you don’t know who has been birthed in the Spirit...everyone is in different places of maturity in the Lord..plus only God knows a persons heart....

I certainly would not like to judge who is born again and who isn’t, only God knows who are his....and a child of God certainly knows when they have been birthed in the Spirit.....

I’ve heard others talk of emotions and feelings.....I take that as them not understanding the testimonies of others....because some testimonies are mind blowing and extremely hard for some to understand...No one knows how God births in the Spirit, it’s a mystery.....just like when the wind blows, so it is with everyone born of the Spirit ...those aren’t the exact words of scripture...I’m sure you understand what is being said hopefully.

Reactions: Jim B

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Yes indeed...I posted that further up..LOL...God Bless Brother...

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes indeed it’s wonderful for non believers to be given a Bible in prison and also believers ,if it’s a comfort to them....
Correction-born from above criminals, who have become saints-sitting under the hearing of the word of God-WITHOUT a Bible

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

--and grateful for receiving a copy of the Bible from the Gideon Society and many others who feel led to preach the gospel to those in prison.

Read Matthew 25 please

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yet so long as we have a bible , be in it and feasting daily upon it .
I notice more and more are casting aside the dire need of the importance of learning and reading scripture .
They are and have replaced it . God is with the lambs and even in prison and on the run HE is with us .
But so long as we have a bible we need to be dug in it . There are many being led by other spirits
which will speak partital truths and yet are leading them into another direction of another image of GOD and HIS CHRIST .
Get dug deep in that bible . Many of them are within even the very churches who cliam HIS NAME .
My Bible is always open...I read scripture as and when I’m prompted by the Holy Spirit...I don’t work at reading my Bible....I am led through the Bible most days by the Holy Spirit.

I don’t have my head buried in my Bible....there is no need for that..I am born again and am led by the Spirit.

If you want to preach what you preach to people no problem.

The Holy Spirit is the only one who can preach to me..as you know a Born again learns very much how to discern truth from fiction..

It’s been great discussing with you all..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Correction-born from above criminals, who have become saints-sitting under the hearing of the word of God-WITHOUT a Bible
Yes indeed, I’m one such saint..never read a bible in my life, when I was birthed in the Spirit...you don’t need a Bible for that.

What you do need though, is the LIVING word of God..

I don’t think I said you need a bible to be birthed in the Spirit.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
--as you said-"The bible is just a "book"

2. This spiritual and divine light does not consist in any impression made upon the
imagination. It is no impression upon the mind, as though one saw any thing with the
bodily eyes: it is no imagination or idea of an outward light or glory, or any beauty of form
or countenance, or a visible lustre or brightness of any object. The imagination may be
strongly impressed with such things; but this is not spiritual light.

Indeed when the mind
has a lively discovery of spiritual things, and is greatly affected by the power of divine light,
it may, and probably very commonly doth, much affect the imagination; so that impressions
of an outward beauty or brightness may accompany those spiritual discoveries.

But spiritual
light is not that impression upon the imagination, but an exceeding different thing from it.

Natural men may have lively impressions on their imaginations; and we cannot determine
but the devil, who transforms himself into an angel of light, may cause imaginations of an
outward beauty, or visible glory, and of sounds and speeches, and other such things; but
these are things of a vastly inferior nature to spiritual light.

3. This spiritual light is not the suggesting of any new truths or propositions not contained in the word of God. This suggesting of new truths or doctrines to the mind, independent of any antecedent revelation of those propositions, either in word or writing, is inspiration; such as the prophets and apostles had, and such as some enthusiasts pretend to. But
this spiritual light that I am speaking of, is quite a different thing from inspiration: it reveals
no new doctrine, it suggests no new proposition to the mind, it teaches no new thing of
God, or Christ, or another world, not taught in the Bible, but only gives a due apprehension
of those things that are taught in the word of God.
Edwards.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, that’s not what I’m saying..LOL...have explained above...that’s just your assumption.

I don’t have my head buried in my Bible....there is no need for that..I am born again

1683550936927.jpeg

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sorry-

. Hence we learn how absolutely we are dependent on God in this great matter of the
eternal salvation of our souls. We are dependent not only on his wisdom to contrive a way
to accomplish it, and on his power to bring it to pass, but we are dependent on his mere will
and pleasure in the affair. We depend on the sovereign will of God for every thing belonging
to it, from the foundation to the top-stone. It was of the sovereign pleasure of God, that he
contrived a way to save any of mankind, and gave us Jesus Christ, his only-begotten Son,
to be our Redeemer. Why did he look on us, and send us a Saviour, and not the fallen angels?
It was from the sovereign pleasure of God. It was of his sovereign pleasure what means to
appoint. His giving us the Bible, and the ordinances of religion, is of his sovereign grace.
His giving those means to us rather than to others, his giving the awakening influences of
his Spirit, and his bestowing saving grace, are all of his sovereign pleasure. When he says,
"Let there be light in the soul of such an one," it is a word of infinite power and sovereign
grace.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Brother please stop twisting my words...I said the bible is not just a book that you read...I said it is also the Living word of God.
OK, no problem. " I don't have my head buried in the Bible, there's no need for that-I'm born again"

Have a good day.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is not saying you must read your bible to be birthed in the Spirit.

Of course we need to read the word of God...He leads us through his word.

What I am saying is...you must be born again for the Holy Spirit to lead us through his Living word.....

Status
Not open for further replies.