Boys and your naked daughters...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I simply cannot imagine what you mean by 'serious damage' done to Christianity by those two movies I listed.
oh, dunno which movies we are even talking about now, bet you any amount of money "eternal" and "immortal" or "forever" were conflated at least once tho, and other mithraist povs elevated as "Christian," stuff like that. Maybe it isnt even that important Naomi, idk

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
oh, dunno which movies we are even talking about now, bet you any amount of money "eternal" and "immortal" or "forever" were conflated at least once tho, and other mithraist povs elevated as "Christian," stuff like that. Maybe it isnt even that important Naomi, idk
Ah...yeah....not sure that those things were even really in those movies. Certainly not talked about front and center. Maybe background issues left for people to make their own assumptions...?
I don't think it hurts, really, to have people thinking about the 'forever' issue. It might have them seeking our real answers. It could, sure, lead them to other things, but so could a lot of issues...but...I think the notion of eternity is in men's hearts. We want to know. What comes next. Nothing, heaven, hell, another life? And any conversation that can lead God is a good conversation, I think.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ah...yeah....not sure that those things were even really in those movies. Certainly not talked about front and center. Maybe background issues left for people to make their own assumptions...?
I don't think it hurts, really, to have people thinking about the 'forever' issue. It might have them seeking our real answers. It could, sure, lead them to other things, but so could a lot of issues...but...I think the notion of eternity is in men's hearts. We want to know. What comes next. Nothing, heaven, hell, another life? And any conversation that can lead God is a good conversation, I think.
well said imo.

and i guess there is after all a synonym with Forever in Eternity at least...but now i know how parents whose kids cant wait to grow up feel i guess.

humans sure are weird though huh, cant wait for tomorrow to begin, wish it was yesterday...and no matter what anyone believes, or where they find themselves when, it will always be Right Now?
Its like a way to avoid or deny right now?

Reactions: Naomi25

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HOMESCHOOL! I'm telling you...before I was more or less forced into homeschooling my kids due to other issues, I would have faced a firing squad before considering it. But having gotten into the swing of it and loving it...and having witnessed the decent of the schooling systems into liberal madness....I am so thankful there is none of that poisoned rubbish being shoveled into their heads!
I mean, let's face it...if they're going to be fed bias, it gets to come from me. :p
My wife has worked in the public schools for the past 20 years or so. I'm more convinced than ever that the primary purposed of public education in America is the destruction of our children, and the ruination of the United States..

Much love!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My wife has worked in the public schools for the past 20 years or so. I'm more convinced than ever that the primary purposed of public education in America is the destruction of our children, and the ruination of the United States..

Much love!
I have to agree...the longer my kids are out, the more I've become aware of what they would have been taught should they still be in the classroom. So very glad it's my choice, not theirs.

B

Butterfly

He researched the event where the broadcasters in England announced it over the radio and set off a nationwide panic that they really were under invasion from Mars.
I believe the radio broadcast was made in the US ( in New York 1938 ) not England. Orson Welles narrated it as part of radio series , and the listeners did not know that it was fiction. The radio broadcast was an adaption from the HG wells book. So the panic that took place was actually from those listening to the show, they had to announce that it was ' only fiction ' and not actually happening after it had started. In many respects you can understand how that could happen back then, with no other means than a radio to communicate.
Rita

Reactions: Helen and brakelite
B

brakelite

Much love!
Did you notice this discussion? Based on what you said shove, though you might be interested.
I wonder where this might lead...

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to agree...the longer my kids are out, the more I've become aware of what they would have been taught should they still be in the classroom. So very glad it's my choice, not theirs.

We are VERY blessed in America to have this choice. Homeschooling has been outlawed in so many European countries. I have read accounts of parents going to jail for educating their kids at home because they don't want them indoctrinated with anti-biblical beliefs.

Have you heard about HSLDA? They represent homeschoolers in the U.S. to protect them from unlawful government interference. You may want to check them out. They have info about state homeschool laws on their website.

HSLDA: Homeschooling Advocates since 1983

Reactions: Helen

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe the radio broadcast was made in the US ( in New York 1938 ) not England. Orson Welles narrated it as part of radio series , and the listeners did not know that it was fiction. The radio broadcast was an adaption from the HG wells book. So the panic that took place was actually from those listening to the show, they had to announce that it was ' only fiction ' and not actually happening after it had started. In many respects you can understand how that could happen back then, with no other means than a radio to communicate.
Rita
I think you're right, actually. I'm not particularly a fan myself, so, ahem, not good at paying particular attention to the details he love to pour out. The book itself is set in England. But yeah, the broadcast was in America. And my word you could understand it! Think about if it even happened now...even with all the fake news out there, if something like that came across our new channels, made to sound like it was a real news report, most of the world would flip into full on riot mode!! We'd be half way to the apocalypse before Twitter caught up with us...and that's saying something!!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are VERY blessed in America to have this choice. Homeschooling has been outlawed in so many European countries. I have read accounts of parents going to jail for educating their kids at home because they don't want them indoctrinated with anti-biblical beliefs.

Have you heard about HSLDA? They represent homeschoolers in the U.S. to protect them from unlawful government interference. You may want to check them out. They have info about state homeschool laws on their website.

HSLDA: Homeschooling Advocates since 1983

:eek: Europe...home of the enlightened.
I wonder if HSLDA has and Australian counterpart, or good advice for Ozzies. We do have a NSW association, but they're in the middle of the mother of all cat fights...in the courts and all. I'm sort of tip toeing around them at present.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:eek: Europe...home of the enlightened.
I wonder if HSLDA has and Australian counterpart, or good advice for Ozzies. We do have a NSW association, but they're in the middle of the mother of all cat fights...in the courts and all. I'm sort of tip toeing around them at present.
Ah, I thought you were in the U.S. (Sorry!) Yes, HSLDA is international at this point. They started here in the U.S., but they represent families in other countries as well.

Germany has some of the worst homeschool laws, dating back to Hitler! :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Naomi25 and Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you notice this discussion? Based on what you said shove, though you might be interested.
I wonder where this might lead...
Hi brakelite,

Thank you for the invitation, but I don't make much of a study of these things. It's enough what I observe and happen across. I know what is happening.

There was a time I followed after conspiracies, but I've come to realize that I already know all I need in:

Ephesians 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

There is a spirit who is working in the children of disobedience, this prince of the power of the air.

So as it turns out, 9 ft. tall reptillians (the end to all good conspiracy theories) in the UN sub-basement isn't too far off the mark!

Much love!

B

brakelite

Hi brakelite,

Thank you for the invitation, but I don't make much of a study of these things. It's enough what I observe and happen across. I know what is happening.

There was a time I followed after conspiracies, but I've come to realize that I already know all I need in:

Ephesians 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

There is a spirit who is working in the children of disobedience, this prince of the power of the air.

So as it turns out, 9 ft. tall reptillians (the end to all good conspiracy theories) in the UN sub-basement isn't too far off the mark!

Much love!
I get that. When however I observe something happening in front of my eyes that threatens me or more so my family,I like to know who is at the back of it. Yeah, Satan, but who is he using? Who are his agents? And if those agents are lying conniving politicians and/or religionists (which in the case of modern education they most assuredly are both) then as far as I am concerned they need to be exposed.
Here in Australia and new Zealand the fight
is on over sex education to minors. It is nothing short off paedophilia in the guise of what is pretentiously entitled "safe schools"- and it all is rooted in the UN and it's global affiliates for the purpose of establishing a world religion...But first they must destroy family...nationhood...and all independent thinking. Millions of normally logical and reasonable thinking people are being totally sucked in by the lies believing them to be good for their children. They need to knowthe truth. Yes, its a conspiracy, and it's real.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get that. When however I observe something happening in front of my eyes that threatens me or more so my family,I like to know who is at the back of it. Yeah, Satan, but who is he using? Who are his agents? And if those agents are lying conniving politicians and/or religionists (which in the case of modern education they most assuredly are both) then as far as I am concerned they need to be exposed.
Here in Australia and new Zealand the fight
is on over sex education to minors. It is nothing short off paedophilia in the guise of what is pretentiously entitled "safe schools"- and it all is rooted in the UN and it's global affiliates for the purpose of establishing a world religion...But first they must destroy family...nationhood...and all independent thinking. Millions of normally logical and reasonable thinking people are being totally sucked in by the lies believing them to be good for their children. They need to knowthe truth. Yes, its a conspiracy, and it's real.
That's pretty much the story, I think! This stuff, screen addiction, relativism, so many people have no understanding of the life-long damage that is being done to nearly an entire generation. When that whirlwind hits . . . !

I find I have to content myself with the focus that I believe God has given me, lest I dilute the message.

Much love!

B

brakelite

lest I dilute the message.
I see it as an integral part of the message....
KJV Revelation 14
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.