Boys and your naked daughters...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Your story reads like many others - where do you fit in, in the complicated social networks in public school. Many more go through it than you realize. Kids can be very very cruel.

The culture is poisoned - this is why: Illuminati Hypersexualization of Children Exposed – Disney Pedophilia & Satanic Rolemodels

There's a picture I saw recently of a Disney coffee cup. The word "Disney" was written on the inside of the lip, and when the coffee was down just below the writing, you could see that the reflection of the cursive style said "wicked". It was creepy.

Those cartoonists working for Disney, even 30 and 40 years ago were messing around with subliminal messages.

One thing I've noticed is the use of hypnotism on everything from news broadcasts to movies, to advertising. It's become pervasive. I cut the cable over a dozen years ago, and it's amazing to me how actuely aware I am of how easily it is to become transfixed by a television screen now.

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was taught what was morally right and wrong as a child, but I didn't have any critical thinking skills back then. I just assumed my parents, teachers, etc. had my best interests at heart. They taught me what they were taught. The ironic thing was that so much of it didn't make any sense to me. The bible didn't make any sense to me.

30 years later, I began to dig into scripture, and discovered that the whole world is deceived, and the only thing I could do was surrender to what the word says, but how do I know I'm interpreting it correctly? When I carry out the experiments listed in God's law, I begin to see why they make sense. I begin to see how the world works, and how God works.

Seeing is believing.

The problem now is that just about everything I was taught is wrong. The bible makes perfect sense now, but I live in a world gone mad.
I think I was very much like you in my childhood. It was the best childhood one could get, really, I'm not complaining and my parents were, and are, fantastic, godly people. But, yes, I'd say they taught right and wrong without giving much grounding in WHY God says things are right and wrong. The thing of it is, it's fascinating to dig into the why's of God. Not that we'll ever fully understand him or his reasons, but still, the bible gives us plenty of information on what he has told us as 'right and wrong', and I enjoy explaining to my kids these why's just as much as I do telling them the moral foundational truths.
I think, personally, it's these things that help us stand stead in this crazy world. The verse 'they will call good evil and evil good' seems truer every day and instead of feeling panic or set adrift in such a world, we can point to why they're like it, who's really in charge, and what the ultimate outcome will be. That's intensely comforting. For me, anyway!

B

brakelite

I think I was very much like you in my childhood. It was the best childhood one could get, really, I'm not complaining and my parents were, and are, fantastic, godly people. But, yes, I'd say they taught right and wrong without giving much grounding in WHY God says things are right and wrong. The thing of it is, it's fascinating to dig into the why's of God. Not that we'll ever fully understand him or his reasons, but still, the bible gives us plenty of information on what he has told us as 'right and wrong', and I enjoy explaining to my kids these why's just as much as I do telling them the moral foundational truths.
I think, personally, it's these things that help us stand stead in this crazy world. The verse 'they will call good evil and evil good' seems truer every day and instead of feeling panic or set adrift in such a world, we can point to why they're like it, who's really in charge, and what the ultimate outcome will be. That's intensely comforting. For me, anyway!
I think the principle reason why things are right, is because they reflect God's own character. Things are wrong because the enemy's entire strategy is based on misrepresentation of that character.
Our conscience is the reflection of God's characteri think within the image of Him who created us. That seared conscience, the preponderance of evil in the world as you said, evil for good and vice versa, is the absence of God in the life as God withdraws His spirit from the earth in these last days. Slowly but irrevocably this world is becoming a place without restraint.

Reactions: Naomi25

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Again, I would say that the only reason I know that it is foolish to eat swine, shellfish, etc. is because I stopped eating it. It wasn't until I ceased from eating it, and even then it didn't hit me for at least 3 or 4 years; that I discovered why it is wrong to eat it in the first place. I suddenly saw that these were filthy animals, and not fit for human consumption.

By keeping the Sabbath, I discovered that only God can sanctify a day, and he only sanctified the Sabbath. By ceasing from borrowing money, I discovered that borrowing money is slavery. It enslaved me to my own lusts for material possessions as well as to the lender. I also began to learn how to save money as well as invest it wisely until I finally went beyond the use of money altogether. The law points to Christ who spotlights that we don't need money in a world of abundance. There is nothing more reliable than God's providence, and those who place their faith in Mammon (the personification of money) will learn a very hard lesson.

The Mosaic law is a "learn by doing" methodology. You see the wisdom of God's law, and seeing is believing. The error comes when one begins to believe that they are the one doing this when it is only God who does anything through Christ in us.

Abandoning the law is like throwing out your GPS when you have no idea where you are. When one gets to the destination, then the GPS is no longer necessary because we know where we are, and why we're here.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, I would say that the only reason I know that it is foolish to eat swine, shellfish, etc. is because I stopped eating it. It wasn't until I ceased from eating it, and even then it didn't hit me for at least 3 or 4 years; that I discovered why it is wrong to eat it in the first place. I suddenly saw that these were filthy animals, and not fit for human consumption.

By keeping the Sabbath, I discovered that only God can sanctify a day, and he only sanctified the Sabbath. By ceasing from borrowing money, I discovered that borrowing money is slavery. It enslaved me to my own lusts for material possessions as well as to the lender. I also began to learn how to save money as well as invest it wisely until I finally went beyond the use of money altogether. The law points to Christ who spotlights that we don't need money in a world of abundance. There is nothing more reliable than God's providence, and those who place their faith in Mammon (the personification of money) will learn a very hard lesson.

The Mosaic law is a "learn by doing" methodology. You see the wisdom of God's law, and seeing is believing. The error comes when one begins to believe that they are the one doing this when it is only God who does anything through Christ in us.

Abandoning the law is like throwing out your GPS when you have no idea where you are. When one gets to the destination, then the GPS is no longer necessary because we know where we are, and why we're here.
Ah....and here we have a severe divergence in what we seem to be talking about. But, as I'm not really able to engage at present in a long debate, I might leave it at that and wish you a Merry Christmas.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is interesting. I see the law as being like a paper map and the Holy Spirit as being like a turn-by-turn GPS system (that actually works)--much, much better than a map. Of course, no analogy is perfect.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

This is interesting. I see the law as being like a paper map and the Holy Spirit as being like a turn-by-turn GPS system--much, much better than a map. Of course, no analogy is perfect.
The safest method of determining direction is going by what is written...sign posts...maps...route markings...land marks.
  1. How many get utterly and hopelessly lost when they trust in their sense of direction? The leading of the spirit is confirmed as true north so to speak only in as much as that voice agrees with what is written. 80% at least of Christians believe what their senses tell them regarding the Sabbath in preference to what is written. As RC said...only one day has been sanctified and designated as holy, the seventh. And that is written.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The safest method of determining direction is going by what is written...sign posts...maps...route markings...land marks.
  1. How many get utterly and hopelessly lost when they trust in their sense of direction? The leading of the spirit is confirmed as true north so to speak only in as much as that voice agrees with what is written. 80% at least of Christians believe what their senses tell them regarding the Sabbath in preference to what is written. As RC said...only one day has been sanctified and designated as holy, the seventh. And that is written.
WADR, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this. That's not all the NT says about the Sabbath. But I'm certainly not up for a debate about it.

The Holy Spirit guides me day by day, even moment by moment. I know this sounds weird, but I believe that this is walking by the Spirit, and it has worked well for me. The thing is the Holy Spirit never contradicts the written Word of God. So, if I ever "hear" anything in my mind that contradicts the Bible, I know it's not coming from the Spirit.

B

brakelite

WADR, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this. That's not all the NT says about the Sabbath. But I'm certainly not up for a debate about it.

The Holy Spirit guides me day by day, even moment by moment. I know this sounds weird, but I believe that this is walking by the Spirit, and it has worked well for me. The thing is the Holy Spirit never contradicts the written Word of God. So, if I ever "hear" anything in my mind that contradicts the Bible, I know it's not coming from the Spirit.
Okay.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a picture I saw recently of a Disney coffee cup. The word "Disney" was written on the inside of the lip, and when the coffee was down just below the writing, you could see that the reflection of the cursive style said "wicked". It was creepy.

Those cartoonists working for Disney, even 30 and 40 years ago were messing around with subliminal messages.

One thing I've noticed is the use of hypnotism on everything from news broadcasts to movies, to advertising. It's become pervasive. I cut the cable over a dozen years ago, and it's amazing to me how actuely aware I am of how easily it is to become transfixed by a television screen now.

That is creepy. I recently read about Disney's secret room 33 at Disneyland and how they get young children from broken homes - like Selena Gomez and the Hannah Montana star and give them a clean-cut image and then have them turn vile so as to lead all the youth who watched their shows into evil also.

I saw a video of the subliminal messages in Disney cartoons. It's sheer evil. Satan is after the young and most people are asleep about Disney. Even the Jonas brothers have back masking in their music; and they're billed as a "Christian" band.