BreadOfLife ~ UNPROVEN CLAIMS..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - that's what we strive for - but stumble in our human weakness. That's what Paul was trying to explain to the Romans - and YOU, if you would just be willing to listen (Rom. 7:13-25).

I don't SIN Against God and I don't SIN Against men.

By your teaching, you do both.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In context - it says that he doesn't live a life of willful sin.
But YOU don't understand Scriptural context.

In Context it says a man born of God, does not sin and cannot sin.

You don't understand the signifiance of what changes when a man is born of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Careful - your ignorance is showing again . . .

Doctrine
and discipline are NOT the same thing nor do they carry the same weight.
A good example of a discipline is abstaining from meat on Fridays - or having an unmarried priesthood.

Disciplines can and DO change - such as the above mentioned cases. Catholic doctrine, however - NEVER changes. Giving communion to divorced people is a matter of discipline - NOT doctrine. Anyway - the discipline REMAINS in most cases. The change only applies in certain circumstances.
I'm really tired of debating this.
This link says remarrieds cannot receive communion:

May a person who is divorced but not remarried receive Communion?

And yet...THEY ARE!
It's interesting.
And it ends here.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I corrected my comment. The point was sin not trespass.

I agree men trespass against men and men are taught in Scripture to forgive their brothers of trespasses.

Glory to God,
Taken

What do you see as the difference between sins and trespasses? I have always looked at them as synonomous.

Peace!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's NOT true that Christians have a refuge in Christ??
You're dead wrong about that and everyyhing else.

The Scripture, when read in CONTEXT - warn born again Christians about falling away and losing their security (Matt. 5:13, Matt. 7:21, Rom. 11:22, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Peter 2:20-22, 2 Peter 3:17, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).
Scriptural context, however, is something you jettisoned when you started inventing your aberrant doctrines.

LOL, you follow after Catholic invented Doctrines...then accuse others of inventing Doctrines...tsk tsk.

Why DO you Teach a BORN AGAIN person, requires a WARNING to NOT FALL AWAY, as YOU TEACH?

Is the Indwelling Spirit of God, NOT MIGHTY ENOUGH TO KEEP them IN Faithfulness to God?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you see as the difference between sins and trespasses? I have always looked at them as synonomous.

Peace!

Commission of SIN and TRESPASS are BOTH Transgressions AGAINST "something".

So, in that respect sin and trespass would be synonymous.

However, when one examines WHO is involved, the TRUTH becomes to the forefront

One who "Commits"...is specific to A MAN.
A Transgression...
...Committed AGAINST GOD..is a SIN.
A Transgression...
...Committed AGAINST A man..is a Tresspass.

God is the One Offended BY a commission of SIN AGAINST HIM.
God is the One with Authority to FORGIVE SIN AGAINST HIM, committed BY men.

Men are the ones Offended BY a commission of TRESPASS AGAINST THEM.
Men are the ones with authority to FORGIVE other men WHO HAVE committed a TRESPASS AGAINST THEM.

AND ALL OF THIS...
APPLIES TO a man "NOT UNDER THE LAW".
Meaning, SOME MEN Believe JESUS Fulfilled the Law.

THIS DOES NOT APPLY..
TO a man WHO "REMAINS UNDER THE LAW"...

Because "UNDER THE LAW"..."according" TO THE LAW...men SINNED, Against God...AND "according" to the Law...ALSO Sinned Against Other men.

I am NOT UNDER the LAW...
Thus...I CAN ONLY commit "SIN" Against God.
And....I CAN ONLY commit "TRESPASSES" Against men.

However for me Personally...I elected to confess My SIN and REGRET of Having had Disbelief IN God, and confessed My heartfelt Belief IN God, IN Christ....and was Forgiven For my Sin of Disbelief...BY thee Lord God Himself, to which MY offence was Against.

I accepted His Forgiveness and accepted His provision for my body to be curcified with His body, and accepted His Offered gift of restoring my soul, and accepted His Offered gift of His SEED, and accepted His Offering, of giving me a new heart, quickened born again spirit and His Forever Indwelling Spirit and His Power within me to KEEP me Forever Faithful TO HIM.

My SIN was Against God, and my SIN Against God is resolved...According to HIS Acceptable WAY.

I certainly CAN Trespass against men, and they against me...
And I certainly DO have the power to ask men for forgiveness of my Trespass Against them, as well I certainly do have the power to FORGIVE men who Trespass Against me.

THAT ^ is between men...and does not require Gods Involvement.

A man was not taught to TELL God all the Trespasses he has committed against men...
God already knows everything.

A man was not taught to ASK God to forgive the man for Trespassing Against another man.

Scripture taught...what men who trespass Against a man SHOULD DO...and IF the man DOES what Scripture TAUGHT...

Scripture already notifies us, God ALSO would forgive the mans acts of Trespassing AGAINST other men.
(Which has NOTHING to do with the Forgiveness of SIN, BY GOD, TO the man, FOR having "had" Disbelieved IN God)

Glory to God,
Taken

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree men trespass against men and men are taught in Scripture to forgive their brothers of trespasses.

Glory to God,
Taken

I think the point is, -- either you talk in riddles, or you don't know WHAT you mean.

Bobby Jo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory to God,
Taken

Glory to God,
Taken
And yet Christ taught His followers to ask for FORGIVENESS whenever we pray to the Father.

Why don't YOU??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[
LOL, you follow after Catholic invented Doctrines...then accuse others of inventing Doctrines...tsk tsk.

Why DO you Teach a BORN AGAIN person, requires a WARNING to NOT FALL AWAY, as YOU TEACH?

Is the Indwelling Spirit of God, NOT MIGHTY ENOUGH TO KEEP them IN Faithfulness to God?

Glory to God,
Taken
The Word of GOD teaches this, not me.
I simply echo what Scripture says - and you reject it . . .

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Commission of SIN and TRESPASS are BOTH Transgressions AGAINST "something".

So, in that respect sin and trespass would be synonymous.

However, when one examines WHO is involved, the TRUTH becomes to the forefront

One who "Commits"...is specific to A MAN.
A Transgression...
...Committed AGAINST GOD..is a SIN.
A Transgression...
...Committed AGAINST A man..is a Tresspass.

God is the One Offended BY a commission of SIN AGAINST HIM.
God is the One with Authority to FORGIVE SIN AGAINST HIM, committed BY men.

Men are the ones Offended BY a commission of TRESPASS AGAINST THEM.
Men are the ones with authority to FORGIVE other men WHO HAVE committed a TRESPASS AGAINST THEM.

AND ALL OF THIS...
APPLIES TO a man "NOT UNDER THE LAW".
Meaning, SOME MEN Believe JESUS Fulfilled the Law.

THIS DOES NOT APPLY..
TO a man WHO "REMAINS UNDER THE LAW"...

Because "UNDER THE LAW"..."according" TO THE LAW...men SINNED, Against God...AND "according" to the Law...ALSO Sinned Against Other men.

I am NOT UNDER the LAW...
Thus...I CAN ONLY commit "SIN" Against God.
And....I CAN ONLY commit "TRESPASSES" Against men.

However for me Personally...I elected to confess My SIN and REGRET of Having had Disbelief IN God, and confessed My heartfelt Belief IN God, IN Christ....and was Forgiven For my Sin of Disbelief...BY thee Lord God Himself, to which MY offence was Against.

I accepted His Forgiveness and accepted His provision for my body to be curcified with His body, and accepted His Offered gift of restoring my soul, and accepted His Offered gift of His SEED, and accepted His Offering, of giving me a new heart, quickened born again spirit and His Forever Indwelling Spirit and His Power within me to KEEP me Forever Faithful TO HIM.

My SIN was Against God, and my SIN Against God is resolved...According to HIS Acceptable WAY.

I certainly CAN Trespass against men, and they against me...
And I certainly DO have the power to ask men for forgiveness of my Trespass Against them, as well I certainly do have the power to FORGIVE men who Trespass Against me.

THAT ^ is between men...and does not require Gods Involvement.

A man was not taught to TELL God all the Trespasses he has committed against men...
God already knows everything.

A man was not taught to ASK God to forgive the man for Trespassing Against another man.

Scripture taught...what men who trespass Against a man SHOULD DO...and IF the man DOES what Scripture TAUGHT...

Scripture already notifies us, God ALSO would forgive the mans acts of Trespassing AGAINST other men.
(Which has NOTHING to do with the Forgiveness of SIN, BY GOD, TO the man, FOR having "had" Disbelieved IN God)

Glory to God,
Taken

Thanks for your response.
I often find that disagreements and misunderstandings happen because people use language differently and sometimes impose their own definitions on anothers words.

For me, transgressing against my brother is not just an injury to him, but also a failure to 'love one another' as my Lord wills..

So i not only have to reconcile with my brother, but also ask my Father to forgive my disobedience and empower me to understand and love more perfectly.

Again, thanks for your response, I think I understand you just a little better now.:)

Peace be with you!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm really tired of debating this.
This link says remarrieds cannot receive communion:

May a person who is divorced but not remarried receive Communion?

And yet...THEY ARE!
It's interesting.
And it ends here.
And with this ”last” post of yours – you who what a dishonest person you are.
Your claim is a complete LIE.

Your link to Catholic Answers explains that NOT every case is the same. You CAN be legitimately remarried if your previous union is deemed not valid (i.e., Annulment). It also explains that there are valid reasons for divorce – such as legal reasons, child custody or the safety of an abused spouse.

NOWHERE does it give a blanket prohibition on receiving the Eucharist.

This is a LIE of your own concoction.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory to God,
Taken
When my Lord and Savior tells me to confess my sins to the Father whenever I pray to Him, I know that I STILL have the ability to sin.

When St. Paul, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit admits to stumbling in sin - I know that I STILL have the ability to sin.

When St. John, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit includes himself when he describes those with sin in their life - admits to stumbling in sin - I know that I STILL have the ability to sin.

When St. James, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit tells his born again readers to CONFESS their SINS - I know that I STILL have the ability to sin.

YOUR problem is that you reject the Holy Spirit.
Good luck with that . . .

Matt. 12:31-32
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet Christ taught His followers to ask for FORGIVENESS whenever we pray to the Father.

Why don't YOU??

Already did, and was forgiven.

Why do you repeatedly continue to ask God for Forgiveness? Don't you TRUST God?

Glory To God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[

The Word of GOD teaches this, not me.
I simply echo what Scripture says - and you reject it . . .

I don't reject Scripture.
I notice you quoting Scripture.

My disagreement is YOUR ADDED words of WHOM YOU dictate Particular Scriptures APPLY TO.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your response.
I often find that disagreements and misunderstandings happen because people use language differently and sometimes impose their own definitions on anothers words.

For me, transgressing against my brother is not just an injury to him, but also a failure to 'love one another' as my Lord wills..

So i not only have to reconcile with my brother, but also ask my Father to forgive my disobedience and empower me to understand and love more perfectly.

Again, thanks for your response, I think I understand you just a little better now.:)

Peace be with you!

Hi Philip ~

These are some references to a mans trespass against a man...and a man trespassing against a brother.

I believe trespassing is a committed act between men.
I do not believe sin is a committed act between men,
but rather sin an or lack of an act of A man Against God.

Absolutely men CAN forgive men for a committed trespasses against him by another man...
and men CAN BE forgiven for committing trespasses against other men.

God WILL also forgive men their trespasses AGAINSt Men...."with the caveat"...the man being forgiven....Himself Forgives men of their trespasses.

Scripture delineates...(concerning trespasses between men) whether or not they "are" brothers, and whether or not they have "asked" for forgiveness.
Matt 6
[14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matt.18

[15] Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

[35] So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

I was never directed to follow men, or believe IN men.

I was never Under the Law.

I can not sin against men, nor can men sin against me.

I can not forgive men of sin, nor can men forgive me of sin.

I do not minimize trespasses, but I do keep commission of trespasses strictly about and between men.

I do not minimize sin, but I do keep commission of sin strictly about and between thee Lord God and individual men.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your link to Catholic Answers explains that NOT every case is the same. You CAN be legitimately remarried if your previous union is deemed not valid (i.e., Annulment).

LOL...that is priceless for you to call someone dishonest and then reveal that your Church Doctrine rewrites Facts to make what is Against their Doctrine, perfectably Acceptable.

Sure, sure, a couple marry Legally, Are husband and wife for 10 years, have a couple of kids....and then your CC goes along with their marriage was NEVER VALID...! LOL

Oh, but their kids are legitimate...

Attempting to turn a Lie into a Truth...SAD!

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When my Lord and Savior tells me to confess my sins to the Father whenever I pray to Him, I know that I STILL have the ability to sin.

Did he tell you in your ear...or did you read that in Scripture? Have a quote?

When St. Paul, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit admits to stumbling in sin - I know that I STILL have the ability to sin.

I am going to have to guess, that by stumbling, you mean Paul committed a sin?

What sin do you claim Paul committed?
Scriptural quote?

When St. John, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit includes himself when he describes those with sin in their life - admits to stumbling in sin - I know that I STILL have the ability to sin.

Scriptural quote?

When St. James, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit tells his born again readers to CONFESS their SINS - I know that I STILL have the ability to sin.

Scriptural quote?

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Your link to Catholic Answers explains that NOT every case is the same. You CAN be legitimately remarried if your previous union is deemed not valid (i.e., Annulment). It also explains that there are valid reasons for divorce – such as legal reasons, child custody or the safety of an abused spouse.

NOWHERE does it give a blanket prohibition on receiving the Eucharist.

This is a LIE of your own concoction.
Nothing to do with ANNULMENT BoL...
which has ALWAYS existed and did not have to wait for Pope Francis
and Amoris Laetitia.

As I've said...stay happy.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already did, and was forgiven.

Why do you repeatedly continue to ask God for Forgiveness? Don't you TRUST God?

Glory To God,
Taken
You asked Him for forgiveness when you first came to Him in repentance.

In your arrogance, however, you haven’t asked for forgiveness for your sins since them.

Good luck with that . . .