BreadOfLife ~ UNPROVEN CLAIMS..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But they're not lying..they're just saying what they THINK is right.

Hello GG,
I' m not sure what you are saying here...
Are you saying that if I propagate a falsehood, that I belive is the truth, that somehow exonerates me of the falsehood I have spoken?

Peace be with you!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. BoL knows only that which he wants to know... That which remains, he denies.

BoL's self confessed motive for being here, in fact the only reason he is here according to him, is to expose all who have lied about the Catholic church. Which means that everyone on this forum to whom he has spoken, are liars. He had no reason to talk to anyone else except they lie. The problem he has ( @GodsGrace ) is that he is a very good Catholic. Faithful, zealous, willing to defend his church at whatever cost to himself, obedient. Why is that a problem? Because all those qualities are directed toward the church as an institution, and not to Jesus. Hence what he is told by the church as being truth, becomes the word of God. Thus his traditions and catechisms hold more weight than scripture. Even though he posts scripture in defence of his concepts, he does so only from the perspective of what the church teaches as to their relevance and meaning, and turns a very blind eye to the possibility that there may just be an alternative understanding which his bias must deny
Hi BL,,,I gave you a like because I agree with what you've said...
BUT we have to be honest and say that we all believe we're right and the others are wrong.

What the CC believes can be supported either by scripture or outside sources.
Now,,, I don't care for the outside sources because there just aren't enough. Much of what is believed about Mary, for instance, is taken from one old manuscript which is the writing of a James (can't remember the title of the work right now)...and, to me, that just is not enough.

What they believe about other doctrine can be supported by scripture.
I know the Catechism of the Catholic Church and I wouldn't say it's held above scripture...it's mostly based on scripture and also on some writings which we could call Tradition.

We shouldn't reject Tradition,,,the N.T. tells us that we SHOULD pay attention to tradition.
1 Corinthians 11:2

Last edited:
B

brakelite

I simply going to repeat to you the words with which I chastised your fellow false- accuser @aspen:

I ALWAYS qualify the fact that simply "disagreeing" does not make one dishonest or an anti-Catholic.
I have ALWAYS stated that an anti-Catholic or dishonest person is one who LIES.

Spend less time violating God's commandment against bearing false witness - and you might understand the Gospel . . .
I could swear you use two keyboards. One for the left side of your mouth, and one for the right side. Jesuit NLP.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Teaching and Indoctrination rival one another.

Both are the platform of the catholic church.
Historically instituted;
...the Appointed pope
...then Indoctrinate, he can not lie or be wrong
...then Teach what he says
...ostracize resistors

BOL has self-appointed himself to be THEE forum "ostracizer" ... and hasn't figured out,
Non-Catholics are not scrambling to become a Catholic, nor do Non-catholics care that he, AS A catholic is anti-everything that is NOT catholic.

The more he falsely accuses, the less trustworthy he becomes.
The more he preaches unverifiable catholic doctrine, the more people REJECT catholic doctrine and the teacher.

Oddly he seems to enjoy the rejection as an excuse to use his "worn out" comical prefabricated list of accusations, VOID of verification.

To his credit, he is the Master of comedy of errors.

Glory to God,
Taken
The Pope can be wrong...as this one has proven many times.
They only could not be wrong when speaking DOCTRINALLY AS THE POPE, IN MATTERS OF DOCTRINE OR MORALS.
It's called ex.cathedra.

There is debate in the Church between those who believe that infallibility is exercised rarely and explicitly and those that believe that it is common. However, the Catholic Church does not teach that the pope is infallible in everything he says; official invocation of papal infallibility is extremely rare.

source: Papal infallibility - Wikipedia

The CC teaches the bible and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The Pope is spoken of but only in passing, when it comes up for some reason.

I don't know what you mean by ostracizing resistors...
Actually, resistors are not very welcomed in the CC...
one must believe the doctrines of that church...which is why I left it.

I agree with your last paragraphs.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
RUBBISH.

I guess I'll have to repeat what I told your fellow accusers:
- If I tell my friend to lose weight for health reasons - I an not calling him a "fatso".
- If my wife makes a meal that I don't like - I'm not calling her a "bad cook".
- If my child gets an "F" in algebra and I acknowledge it - I am not calling them a "failure".

LEARN the difference . . .
Here's the difference:
You tell your fat friend:
"Wow, you've gained an incredible amount of weight".

You tell your wife:
"This meal is bad and I can't eat it". (try that sometime and see how she takes it)

You tell your child:
"So, the best you can do is an F? Not good enough".

You're wrong BoL.
Admit it and stop calling people names.

Reactions: Grailhunter

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the difference:
You tell your fat friend:
"Wow, you've gained an incredible amount of weight".

You tell your wife:
"This meal is bad and I can't eat it". (try that sometime and see how she takes it)

You tell your child:
"So, the best you can do is an F? Not good enough".

You're wrong BoL.
Admit it and stop calling people names.
Why don't YOU stop bearing false witness??
It is abhorrent to God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hello GG,
I' m not sure what you are saying here...
Are you saying that if I propagate a falsehood, that I belive is the truth, that somehow exonerates me of the falsehood I have spoken?

Peace be with you!
If you believe something is the truth,,,
you think you're telling the truth.
You are NOT lying.

Now, what I like to do is make 99% sure that the ONLY statements I make are correct...not by MY standard but by the standard of a church teaching.

If someone on here says something contrary to what the CC believes about confessing venial sins, for instance...we have to wonder WHERE they learned it
and do they believe it to be a correct statement?

IF THEY DO...then they are not lying.

What do you think?

Reactions: Grailhunter

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have stated before - 1 John 1:8 says that IF you claim this -

1 John 1:8 states "IF"...you say you HAVE NO SIN, the truth is not in you.

You stop dancing around with trying to REWRITE Scripture with your fraudlent words...

1 John 1:8 addresses....HAVING SIN..

1 John 1:8 DOES NOT Address COMMITTING SIN.

Stick to the FACTS...

WHEN DID ANYONE SAY..."THEY HAVE NO SIN?"

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Telling someone that they have out and out lied is not an observation about the lie... It is an observation about someones character.
No different than telling my child they failed Algebra.
No different than telling my friend that he ios overweight and need to drop a few pounds.
No different than telling my wife that I didn't like the dinner she made.

No "name-calling" in ANY of these instances - only your false accusations.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8 states "IF"...you say you HAVE NO SIN, the truth is not in you.

You stop dancing around with trying to REWRITE Scripture with your fraudlent words...

1 John 1:8 addresses....HAVING SIN..

1 John 1:8 DOES NOT Address COMMITTING SIN.

Stick to the FACTS...

WHEN DID ANYONE SAY..."THEY HAVE NO SIN?"

Glory to God,
Taken
You keep dancing around the issue.

If you are forgiven of ALL of your sins - you NO LONGER have sin at that moment.
ALL Christians have had this experience.

HOWEVER - YOU go even further and claim that you not only no longer sin - but CANNOT sin.
This is claiming that you are WITHOUT sin until you die.

1 John 1:8 says that the truth is NOT in you if you claim this.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BoL

Have you noticed all the persons on here that agree with me?
We are NOT FALSELY accusing you.

You call people liars by telling them that they lie.
All of the people here who are "agreeing" with you are doing so because I have caught them lying in the past.
Birds of a feather . . .

If you can't debate honestly - then you shouldn't debate at ALL. that's the first rule of Debating 101 . . .

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you believe something is the truth,,,
you think you're telling the truth.
You are NOT lying.

IF THEY DO...then they are not lying.

What do you think?

I think this is a very interesting point to consider....

If I am spreading a falsehood that I know is false, am I a liar?

If I am spreading a falsehood that I believe to be true, am I a liar?

What is the difference? In my opinion both are lying.. One knowingly and one unknowingly...

Is the one who does so unknowingly culpable?

Peace!

B

brakelite

BUT we have to be honest and say that we all believe we're right and the others are wrong.
On some matters yes. But I think we, or at least protestants, agree on more points that what we disagree on.

What the CC believes can be supported either by scripture or outside sources.
No. Superficially yes. But a deeper understanding of what Catholic thinking attributes to certain scriptures reveals how their doctrines are deceptive. I suggest you read some of the more in depth observations of the written documents that resulted from the agreement between Lutherans and Catholics from about ten years ago. Some of the more incisive criticisms of those documents reveal how truly distant Catholic thinking is from true biblical Christianity, and how far away from Luther today's Lutherans have taken with regards understanding the real foundations of the Catholic mindset... Especially with regards the gospel and the meaning of faith and works... Grace... And how salvation is acquired.

What they believe about other doctrine can be supported by scripture.
Only in as much as what the magisterium teaches.
A Catholic does not read scripture to learn what is truth. A Catholic does not read scripture to learn doctrine. Truth and doctrine comes from only approved church sources... And the Bible isn't one of them.

B

brakelite

I could swear you use two keyboards. One for the left side of your mouth, and one for the right side. Jesuit NLP.

... And here is another example...

No different than telling my child they failed Algebra.
No different than telling my friend that he ios overweight and need to drop a few pounds.
No different than telling my wife that I didn't like the dinner she made.

No "name-calling" in ANY of these instances - only your false accusations.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
All of the people here who are "agreeing" with you are doing so because I have caught them lying in the past.
Birds of a feather . . .

If you can't debate honestly - then you shouldn't debate at ALL. that's the first rule of Debating 101 . . .
The first rule of debating 101 is to gain the trust of the audience.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On some matters yes. But I think we, or at least protestants, agree on more points that what we disagree on.
I beg to differ.
The differences in Protestantism go FAR BEYOND just the "non-essentials" . . .

Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on.
No. Superficially yes. But a deeper understanding of what Catholic thinking attributes to certain scriptures reveals how their doctrines are deceptive. I suggest you read some of the more in depth observations of the written documents that resulted from the agreement between Lutherans and Catholics from about ten years ago. Some of the more incisive criticisms of those documents reveal how truly distant Catholic thinking is from true biblical Christianity, and how far away from Luther today's Lutherans have taken with regards understanding the real foundations of the Catholic mindset... Especially with regards the gospel and the meaning of faith and works... Grace... And how salvation is acquired.

Only in as much as what the magisterium teaches.
A Catholic does not read scripture to learn what is truth. A Catholic does not read scripture to learn doctrine. Truth and doctrine comes from only approved church sources... And the Bible isn't one of them.
And, as usual - your abject ignorance of ALL things Catholic causes you to write an idiotic response such as this . . .