BREAKING NEWS--Biden Secret Emails

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Congress has already hinted to the social media that unless they do a better job of regulating content on their sites, the government may remove that protection and impose regulations.

There's more to it than decency. In India, people have been lynched because of junk circulated on social media. I remind you too that social media has been used to coordinate crimes -- like having a crowd of people show up at a store to loot it. It is being used to promote crazy conspiracy theories which fool people who then commit crimes and wind up in jail because they believed the stories. There are problems that both Congress and the social media companies know need fixing.

Republicans apparently don't like it when stories they'd like promoted are censored. That's saying social media shouldn't try to regulate content themselves. That's an argument in favor of allowing fake news to thrive.
Because of robots promoting falsehoods and actually destabilizing country's governments...

That's what they are talking about. I've talked about it as well.

There's a TON of soft money being used to influence this election by "fake profiles" of people posting up memes and information that's more than rhetoric...it's focusing on changing perceptions.

It's not just Democrat or Republicans...it's foreign influencers.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of robots promoting falsehoods and actually destabilizing country's governments...

There's a TON of soft money being used to influence this election by "fake profiles" of people posting up memes and information that's more than rhetoric...it's focusing on changing perceptions.

From what I'm reading, Communist China is a major one! Evidently, they favor Biden over Trump.

I have no doubt that there are Communist trolls on forums!

Reactions: historyb and JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound as if you like big government that forces companies to do what it wants.
If they want to be more than a platform then they can't have the protections of a platform.
They can be subject to lawsuits.

And editing and deleting posts that you don't agree with is publishing. A world of difference between a platform and a publisher.

A platform is free from getting sued... because in a platform the poster is the publisher and solely responsible for the content.
A publisher is responsible for the content they publish.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is obvious only to someone who is biased against the president. What people really want is for these social media platforms to not censor along party lines. It is clear this needs to be done, but how to achieve it is still unknown.

This is a new situation not considered by the framers, private firms never had this level of access to the public before.
I don't know anyone was censoring based on party lines. I know the NY Post is partisan. If Facebook doesn't want that kind of dubious stuff on their site, thinking it's fake news, I see no reason they should be obliged to bow down to Republicans and allow it.

It's pretty obvious to me that some big companies need broken up on anti-trust grounds. I think Facebook and other internet companies also should be stopped from spying on people. They have more ability to spy on people than our government.

Odd though that Republicans argue against regulating things until they're the ones who feel they're hurting. Then all of a sudden, they want more regulating.

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they want to be more than a platform then they can't have the protections of a platform.
They can be subject to lawsuits.

And editing and deleting posts that you don't agree with is publishing. A world of difference between a platform and a publisher.

A platform is free from getting sued... because in a platform the poster is the publisher and solely responsible for the content.
A publisher is responsible for the content they publish.
So you want more regulating and government control.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know anyone was censoring based on party lines. I know the NY Post is partisan. If Facebook doesn't want that kind of dubious stuff on their site, thinking it's fake news, I see no reason they should be obliged to bow down to Republicans and allow it.

It's pretty obvious to me that some big companies need broken up on anti-trust grounds. I think Facebook and other internet companies also should be stopped from spying on people. They have more ability to spy on people than our government.

Odd though that Republicans argue against regulating things until they're the ones who feel they're hurting. Then all of a sudden, they want more regulating.

It's supposed to work and run in a specific way to allow everyone an equal voice...

And it's a very small group of a few getting to decide what the masses will see.

Reactions: historyb

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know anyone was censoring based on party lines.
You are so funny! The social media platforms lean to the left, but you don't see them as biased. The New York Post leans to the right, so they're biased.

Don't you know how biased you are???

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's supposed to work and run in a specific way to allow everyone an equal voice...

And it's a very small group of a few getting to decide what the masses will see.
I'd say it's the Republican elite who want to decide what the masses will see.

They are losing influence and they're about to take a bloodbath in the election. They are running short on raising campaign funds. It looks as if they think the answer might be forcing social media to be a "platform" for their messages.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't think that there are any Democrat elite?? Pelosi, Schumer, etc.

The powers that be, whoever they are, would love for Americans to think that this is a Democrat or Republican thing, but it's not. It goes way deeper than political parties. GOD KNOWS who the evil perps are, and I pray that He will expose them and bring justice and righteousness back to America!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They are losing influence and they're about to take a bloodbath in the election. They are running short on raising campaign funds. It looks as if they think the answer might be forcing social media to be a "platform" for their messages.
They just got a 95 million dollars infusion...they aren't short on cash.

And actually the Republicans (I am A-political) are doing as they should for a change.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are horses more important than people? Not anymore, but like I said, back in the day society depended on horses. That was why the punishment was so severe. Well this social dependence that affects so many, is why we have Anti-Trust laws and Monopoly laws.

Back in the day of the horse drawn carriage, there was little concern about oil for transportation. Back in the day of candles, there was little concern for electricity. Back in the day of the pony express there was little concern for the monopoly of letter or package delivery. Back in the day of the telegraph, there was little concern for telephone companies.

The necessity for the Anti-Trust laws and Monopoly laws occurred when a company(s) can control something that affects a large portion of the populous. So if you look into the history of it, the precedence has been set so that these laws are modified as technology moves forward.

Society is only going to become more dependent on electronic information. Whether it be a combination of free speech or the security of that information, this is all topics that need to be addressed.

The major media platforms obviously feel they have a crown on their head and rule over the United States….well even the world is there sovereign kingdom. It takes a lot of gale to censor the President of the United States and in their minds they think they reign…senior to the President to the United States…or even the government. In their minds they are convinced that they have total power and are convinced that they are untouchable.

Now if you look at history this is one of those weird mind sets. In ancient times it was “world domination” If you look at the history of the Oil Companies, Electric Companies and Telephone Companies…etc…you will find they had this same weird mind set. They have something that the world depends on, and they think that makes them rulers.

So at times the government has to step in and bring them back to reality, pull the reins in, knock them down a couple pegs and break them apart so that free enterprise can flourish and better serve the public interest. It is bad now but it is only going to get worse in the future, there is no chance of it getting better. It does not matter if it is conservative or liberals or even corporate interest, you can not allow control of information.

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb and JohnDB

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now you sound as if you are in favor of allowing Facebook and Twitter to delete accounts they deem fraudulent. That would mean they're exercising judgment -- they don't want trash like that on their sites. Your views aren't consistent.

There might be some "soft money" behind that NY Post story, involving a Chinese billionaire who was promoting an almost identical story before the NY Post did. I can find the story about him and Steve Bannon if you like.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There might be some "soft money" behind that NY Post story, involving a Chinese billionaire who was promoting an almost identical story before the NY Post did. I can find the story about him and Steve Bannon if you like.

It's not impossible that the Chinese got wind of the info in this story before it broke and tried to upstage it. America seems to be overrun with Chinese informants.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you sound as if you are in favor of allowing Facebook and Twitter to delete accounts they deem fraudulent. That would mean they're exercising judgment -- they don't want trash like that on their sites. Your views aren't consistent.

There are such things as electronic fingerprints...

They know about these things...there's a whole Netflix special on them. They could erase or stop them but they don't. They choose not to for some fairly frivolous reasons.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've had to block more pro-Trump garbage on Facebook than I've had to block Democratic political ads. I've had to block several conservatives I know for posting pro-Trump junk on my profile or for tagging me in pro-Trump posts. I've also left conservative based Facebook groups because I wasn't comfortable with collective Trump worshipping and malicious trolling against Democrats that was going on within the group. I have a rule about not posting anything political or religious on my FB profile, but many conservatives I personally know have refused to honor my decision.

Reactions: Giuliano