Brother had a stroke

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I talked to my brother in law yesterday and he didn't sound right. He explained that he had a heart attack and a stroke. He is mentally disabled and already has a difficult life from that. So I'm bringing it here for prayer. Thanks,

Devin

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I talked to my brother in law yesterday and he didn't sound right. He explained that he had a heart attack and a stroke. He is mentally disabled and already has a difficult life from that. So I'm bringing it here for prayer. Thanks,

Devin
I'm so sorry to hear this Devin. What is your brothers first name? I will pray for him.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Devin

Sorry to hear this Devin. We will remember him in prayer. Does he have the care he needs?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear this Devin. We will remember him in prayer. Does he have the care he needs?
Thanks. He can see doctors. He recently left town with his sister on a voyage so he's kind lost in another state and homeless. That's about all I know as he can't speak very well at the moment. He's thinking his speech will get better over time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. He can see doctors. He recently left town with his sister on a voyage so he's kind lost in another state and homeless. That's about all I know as he can't speak very well at the moment. He's thinking his speech will get better over time.
May your brother and yourself find comfort in looking to God in his difficult time, Devin. I’m sorry to hear your brother had a stroke like that.

Do you know what can cause strokes?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May your brother and yourself find comfort in looking to God in his difficult time, Devin. I’m sorry to hear your brother had a stroke like that.

How you been MatthewG? Hope you're doing well.

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Devin
Aw, sorry to hear. Prayers, yes.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew I think perhaps he got dehydrated or something. He is homeless and I wonder if he didn't drink enough water. That can cause strokes so I told him to stay hydrated now.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew I think perhaps he got dehydrated or something. He is homeless and I wonder if he didn't drink enough water. That can cause strokes so I told him to stay hydrated now.
How sad. I am sorry for you and your brother. Homelessness is horrible and, I ask God now to protect him from the elements as well as unscrupulous people.
Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers, please allow Devin's brother to seek you with all he has Father, keep him warm, fed and healthy but mostly, let him reach out to you Jesus. Amen.

Not sure is your brother has been born again Devin so, I also added that to the prayer.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How sad. I am sorry for you and your brother. Homelessness is horrible and, I ask God now to protect him from the elements as well as unscrupulous people.
Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers, please allow Devin's brother to seek you with all he has Father, keep him warm, fed and healthy but mostly, let him reach out to you Jesus. Amen.

Not sure is your brother has been born again Devin so, I also added that to the prayer.
He's mentally ill and I'm not sure he's really capable of understanding the Gospel I'm afraid. He believes in God though. He probably understands some of it though.

Last edited: