Brunei

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Thank you, I have always asked to ' have my ears and eyes open ' I see so much more than I use to in Gods word, but for some reason I have never seen ' new ' things within the subject of hunger and feeding the poor ect. I did a search on all the passages with ' hungry ' in them - only just started going through them as I contemplated what you said earlier- I am beginning to see familiar passages in a new light, don't you just love it when that happens !
I also thought it was ' weird ' that a book I randomly picked up mentioned the same thing - so I figured God was trying to get my attention- a few days ago the words ' read Gods word ' was laid on my heart ( emphasis on read ) in other words ' don't just look at it, really read it, really see what is there ' . It's not really a new thing with me, but I must admit I have not been consistent of late X
Rita

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I found it interesting to read the article about Gearoge Cloony, Elton John, and the UN backing a boycotte of hotels owned by the country. I wondered how and where you stand with regards to the issues that have led to this boycotte.
The reason is the laws that have been passed in the country , under sharia law, to hold homosexuals to account and legally be allowed to stone and kill them. To me this is barbaric - but I have seen so many really strong reactions to the homosexual issue on different forums overs the years. One of the leaders in the USA stated that if his son or daughter were gay he would take them out to a lake and ' see if they could swim ' ( actually heard him say that in an interview )
So would you follow the boycotte if you had the money to stay at the wealthy hotels that they own ?
I would , definately without a doubt, and personally I think the leader who stated he would kill his son or daughter ( in a round about way ) should have been held to account for that statement. I understand other people have come out and agreed with him for his comments - do you really think someone deserves to lose their life because of their sexuality ?
This is a question that my son put to me earlier in the week - how would respond to him if he asked you ?
Rita

Even though homosexual practices are detestable in the eyes of the Lord, so is abortion. While some would call for the execution of homosexuals and abortionists, the vast majority of Christians would follow their Lord in showing grace and mercy. Jesus showed grace and mercy to the "woman caught in adultery" (a capital offense in Israel) while, at the same time, He warned her of the judgment when He said, "Go and sin no more". We should do the same. The only moral reason for a Christian to take a human life is in self-defense or defending the weak and the innocent. But even then, Jesus said that He could have called legions of angels to His defense and yet did not. A larger justice was served.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have different views - I believe Jesus died for the whole of mankind, that's not to say we will not stand before him, and I believe in refiners fire.
I believe God is a fair and just God, where as I think his people can be unfair in thier judgements.
We judge on what we think we know about a person, God judges on what he knows , and his knowledge is so much more.
The King of Brunei is the one that owns the hotels - so I guess people think that if the boycott enough of his hotels and refuse to stay there that it may have an impact - not sure it will achieve that as he is proberbly too rich to even notice !

Just one thing, if a gay person comes to faith and accepts forgiveness, he / she would still be gay !
Rita

No. They might still have those inclinations (just like a reformed smoker or alcoholic will always have an inclination to those harmful substances) but, they are now freed of their addiction/compulsion in Christ. They can refrain from sexual activity in their new-found freedom from addiction/compulsion. God only permits sexual expression between: one man and one woman, in marriage, for life. Period. Adulterers are not free to engage in sex outside of marriage. To do so would be spitting on the salvation that it cost God a LOT to secure for them.

B

Butterfly

You say God only permits sexual relations between one man and one women , well what about all the wives people had in the OT , there were never any signals that God was against it- often wondered about that.
Have you ever had an addiction or compulsion?
Coming to Christ does not instantly sort things out for everyone , certainly some people do find instant release , but some healings and release do not.
So, I cannot say a clear ' no '
Rita

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You say God only permits sexual relations between one man and one women , well what about all the wives people had in the OT , there were never any signals that God was against it- often wondered about that.
Have you ever had an addiction or compulsion?
Coming to Christ does not instantly sort things out for everyone , certainly some people do find instant release , but some healings and release do not.
So, I cannot say a clear ' no '
Rita

God obviously made an exception for some good reasons--such as more speedily building up the nation of Israel so that they would not be overwhelmed by their pagan neighbors (who did practice polygamy). But, the ideal is expressed by Jesus in Matthew 19:3-5--> "Then some Pharisees came and tested Him by asking, 'Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason?' Jesus answered, 'Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator "made them male and female" and said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh"?…"

If you read the OT, you quickly see that polygamy caused a lot of problems.

Any tendency that I might or might not have had to sin is irrelevant. While I would agree that "coming to Christ does not instantly sort things out for everyone" I would insist that it should. We are talking about life and death here.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

I am not disputing the male / female , I have just always wondered about the ' more than one wife. Speculations about ' why ' is guess work, so I think that's one of the questions I would love to ask God. Lol
Well, yes I agree that release should be experienced , but it isn't- my addiction was not a sexual one , but it took the Lord over 20 years to work through the root causes- through that process God taught me that healing and it's timing is in his hands. Got knew me, and it was it when I agreed ' to do things his way ' that the process started- sometimes you don't know enough, or are not in the right environment, or have the right teaching. I thought release would come quickly then , but it didn't. I will leave it there as I just don't think things are as black and white as some think it us. Thats where I stand because of my own experiences. Others, like yourself see it differently, which is fine - its not something I want to keep arguing about as it starts to hit raw nerves.
I will just say sexual abuse as a child leaves deep wounds, and creates inner issues that bind you - when I did reach a point of leaving everything at the cross, mind games that had lasted since I was 9years old were gone.
I believe that the Lord is the ONLY one who knows everyone personally - and why they are the way they are. I do not - so therefore I cannot and will not take the black and white approach.
Rita

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will just say sexual abuse as a child leaves deep wounds, and creates inner issues that bind you - when I did reach a point of leaving everything at the cross, mind games that had lasted since I was 9years old were gone.
I believe that the Lord is the ONLY one who knows everyone personally - and why they are the way they are. I do not - so therefore I cannot and will not take the black and white approach.
Rita

As a Biblical counselor, I have worked with many women who were victims of childhood abuse. Any kind of childhood abuse leaves wounds but I think that sexual abuse is, from my reckoning, the worst. Those who would destroy a child's trust and innocence are likely under the control of a demon. Believe me, I understand that sometimes elaborate systems of coping are set up to shut out the devastating effects of the abuse. But, I also know that there is only One who can heal the spiritual, emotional and physical scars left from the abuse. As you know, coming to Him is the only way. May God bless you with peace, Rita.

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found it interesting to read the article about Gearoge Cloony, Elton John, and the UN backing a boycotte of hotels owned by the country. I wondered how and where you stand with regards to the issues that have led to this boycotte.
The reason is the laws that have been passed in the country , under sharia law, to hold homosexuals to account and legally be allowed to stone and kill them. To me this is barbaric - but I have seen so many really strong reactions to the homosexual issue on different forums overs the years. One of the leaders in the USA stated that if his son or daughter were gay he would take them out to a lake and ' see if they could swim ' ( actually heard him say that in an interview )
So would you follow the boycotte if you had the money to stay at the wealthy hotels that they own ?
I would , definately without a doubt, and personally I think the leader who stated he would kill his son or daughter ( in a round about way ) should have been held to account for that statement. I understand other people have come out and agreed with him for his comments - do you really think someone deserves to lose their life because of their sexuality ?
This is a question that my son put to me earlier in the week - how would respond to him if he asked you ?
Rita

I truly do not believe that a soul should lose their life because of their choice of sexuality, especially in this physical realm. as for the result of their choice, That is for God and God alone to decide!
My response to any soul about being put to death for their choice, would be NO, Choice can be reversed at any time and All can be Forgiven!!

Reactions: Butterfly

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Government is an institution.
Men are created Living terrestrials.
I can have compassion for men, without consideration of a Government institution.

Jesus' message about GIVING/FEEDING can be taken TWO WAYS.
Secularity:
Stuff an others stomach, with a temporary Fix, LIKE was the Manna men gathered in the Dessert for 40 years, and still they shall Die.
OR
Spiritually;
Feed a man the Word of God, and should the man EAT THAT, ^^, he shall LIVE....Forever.

Goverments are LIKENED to:
Ananias and his wife Sapphira (Acts 5).
The Government does not SELL what it owns, but rather TAXES the PEOPLE under the Color of Law, proclaiming intent to Distribute the Collections to "FEED" (the stomachs) of the Poor.
LIKE Ananias and Sapphira TAKES A PORTION of the "Collections" for Themselves, then "qualifies" whom the Government determines is Worthy to Receive.

Jesus taught Charity, and to give Charity as a Cheerful Giver.
Jesus taught to FEED the Poor in Spiirt.

I am NOT a Cheerful Giver by Compelled Taxiation, for the Government to Scrape off a Portion for themselves and dole out Scraps to Whom They determine is worthy.

AND FYI, the US Constitution does NOT provide authority for the Government to engage in such activity....with the EXCEPTION of Temporary Assistance FOR: Military Widows and Military Children, Whose husband and father were Killed, while serving in the Military.

The Lord Blesses me greatly, to have hard-times and He is with me through them; and with times of Abundance that I can give to others in need; and with His Spirit that I can speak His Word, that others may also be inclined to hear, believe and become Converted.

Compassion for a man having hard-times?
Sure.
A man employed by the Government with guaranteed Relief ... eh ... the Government is their "savior".
A man without God ... IMO is the one who is in need of being FED, thee Spiritual Savior.

FEED the HUNGRY.
IMO, translates to FEED, the Word of God, to those "WILLING" (hungry) to Hear.

God Bless,
Taken

Well Said, Very Well Said

Reactions: Taken
B

Butterfly

As a Biblical counselor, I have worked with many women who were victims of childhood abuse. Any kind of childhood abuse leaves wounds but I think that sexual abuse is, from my reckoning, the worst. Those who would destroy a child's trust and innocence are likely under the control of a demon. Believe me, I understand that sometimes elaborate systems of coping are set up to shut out the devastating effects of the abuse. But, I also know that there is only One who can heal the spiritual, emotional and physical scars left from the abuse. As you know, coming to Him is the only way. May God bless you with peace, Rita.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
This millionaire and billionaire hypocrites who flaunt their "disgust" with cause celebs like this always turn my stomach.
When they start turning their ire towards the abomination of abortion and infanticide which is FAR more prevalent - maybe I'll take their other causes a little more seriously . . .

B

Butterfly

This millionaire and billionaire hypocrites who flaunt their "disgust" with cause celebs like this always turn my stomach.
When they start turning their ire towards the abomination of abortion and infanticide which is FAR more prevalent - maybe I'll take their other causes a little more seriously . . .
Well my post wasn't really about them, it was seeking the opinions of people on the forum about boycotting......

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my post wasn't really about them, it was seeking the opinions of people on the forum about boycotting......
I know - I wasn't bashing you.
I was attacking their sanctimonious hypocrisy.

B

Butterfly

I know - I wasn't bashing you.
I was attacking their sanctimonious hypocrisy.
I am not really into the ' celeb ' thing either - many celebs make me cringe with the things they do !
Many businesses, airlines, ect have also decided to boycott in protest of the law- difficult to tell whether they are merely jumping on the bandwagon of the celebs, or have acted independently and decided they needed to act
Rita

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not really into the ' celeb ' thing either - many celebs make me cringe with the things they do !
Many businesses, airlines, ect have also decided to boycott in protest of the law- difficult to tell whether they are merely jumping on the bandwagon of the celebs, or have acted independently and decided they needed to act
Rita
Hey - Rita is my daughter's name!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you quote part of a reply then that reply is notified to the poster.

If you are going to be consistent you are going to have to boycot every product that comes from every muslim country and every buisness owned by muslims.

What is my view. I am sorry that they will not follow Gods law and live hetro sexual lives. I am sorry that there rejection of God and his standards also includes rejecting his offer of salvation.

You say it is barbaric to punish someone for there sexuality. Yet God will punish all who have not accepted Jesus's forgiveness of their sins. They will be punished for the sins they have commited.
Being 'gay' does not get anyone through Gods justice. Only faith in Jesus's death and resurrection does that.

"and live hetro sexual lives." Wow, really? WHY would ANYONE CHOOSE to be gay??!! A group that has been persecuted above and beyond all of these other groups that live in sin. Who would "choose" to be so different as to be hated by Christians and non-Christians alike? It is NOT a light switch, gay people can no more "change" their orientation than a straight person could. This is a broken world and, if a gay person becomes a child of God, they find that His grace is sufficient for them. Celibacy can be a place of contentment for those truly seeking and hearing His voice, not to mention those who "think" they have suddenly become attracted to the opposite sex, they start dating and get married only to find that they are not attracted sexually or even intimately to the new spouse...not so fair to the straight spouse nor the gay person trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. Not a good situation for anybody. To gays, it is just as natural for them to be with the same sex as it is natural to a straight person. Broken world, pray for them. The Church has shown nothing but hatred for them and hide behind the tired old saying "hate the sin, not the sinner" Ha! Then you have the "experimenters", those who normally are attracted to the opposite sex just wanting to have a "new" experience. Now THOSE ones, to me anyhow DO have a choice. JMHO

Reactions: Butterfly
B

Butterfly

Hey - Rita is my daughter's name!
It's a good name, well I have always liked it. I understand their is a saint Rita - a pastor friend of mine found a church named after her in Nice , I think. I some how think I was named after Rita Hayworth though as me and my twin brother were only 2pounds in weight, and premature, so my mum and dad and to decide on names quite quickly !!!
Rita