Called Preachers Today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Paul the last preacher called by God?
After him no one else is recorded having a call.
Paul put Timothy in the office. And told Titus to lay on hands and put others in the office.
In Timothy,the requirements state,if a man desires the office. Not if God calls to office.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Was Paul the last preacher called by God?
After him no one else is recorded having a call.
Paul put Timothy in the office. And told Titus to lay on hands and put others in the office.
In Timothy,the requirements state,if a man desires the office. Not if God calls to office.
What about Billy Graham?

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Called Preachers Today . . .​

I know people who call Billy Graham a preacher. You sayin' he wuzn't?
No. I did not say there arent preachers. I just wonder if God personally calls them, or if they just have a desire to preach. Like some want or have a desire to teach sunday school.

Reactions: Nancy

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Millions have been called to preach. As billions have been called to God and as they have been guided to do His work, fulfilling His overall plan to spread the Gospel, this has been God's purpose.

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”
Romans 10:14-15

Christianity would have died in the 1st century if Paul was the last preacher.

Last edited: