Calling all Protectors of Truth!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AKA Ego Warrior; Lord of the Pissing Contest; Pantser of Narcissists.

Are we called to go forworth and win at all costs? Blungeon our neighbor with our opinion about the Truth? Heal the wrong with our Right? Harrass the goats with vain reform all the way to Hell? Double down on doctrine over the welfare of neighbor?

Zealous Christians are always ego warriors - cause who’d want to be a snowflake, right?

Christians love to defend the truth; I would love to see more advocate for their neighbor made in God’s image. The Truth can take care of itself - meanwhile our neighbors are getting pummeled.....

We need more Mr. Rogers; less James White

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@aspen ...

Well aspen, you are my neighbor and I do care about what you say. You can ask me anything, and I 'll be sincere with my answer. I may not know the answer and I will say so. I'm no Mister Rogers in personality, although I do care just as much as he seems to care on TV.

I'm an extrovert, a ENTP/J on the Briggs Meyers Psychological Personality type...only 4% have this makeup..it is the personality of a Hitler, Julius Caesar and Mark Twain all rolled up into one...the born debater who loves an intellectual challenge.

I hope that does not scare you off...

Bless you,

APAK

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@aspen ...

Well aspen, you are my neighbor and I do care about what you say. You can ask me anything, and I 'll be sincere with my answer. I may not know the answer and I will say so. I'm no Mister Rogers in personality, although I do care just as much as he seems to care on TV.

I'm an extrovert, a ENTP/J on the Briggs Meyers Psychological Personality type...only 4% have this makeup..it is the personality of a Hitler, Julius Caesar and Mark Twain all rolled up into one...the born debater who loves an intellectual challenge.

I hope that does not scare you off...

Bless you,

APAK

I think we have had some good interactions here. I am an INFJ

Reactions: Helen and APAK

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen

What's wrong with believing truth? Whats wrong with not standing up for it?

I perceive I may be the type of person you are speaking of. I jump when I see something I don't think is true. If you can prove your point or at least make a reasonable arguement, I will stand down if not thank you for correction.

Yes I will debate the truth, but in the end it doesn't necessarily mean I think less of anyone. If anyone gets that impression, I apologize.

There seems to be a movement to focus more on love and less on truth around here. I say you don't have to choose one or the other. God is love... I get that. Jesus also said he was the truth. He said the truth will make you free amd those that worship the Father MUST do so in spirit and in truth.

So is there anything wrong with believing in truth? I see nothing wrong with it. Is it ok to believe a lie? Well.. God ddoesn't like it so I suppose the is.

Jesus said if you say you love me and keep not my sayings you are a liar. Can we keep his saying if they aren't true? What's being said here? Can we say we love him if we believe something other than the truth?

Here IS a lie: If someone sticks up fpr truth and doesn't believe a lie, then they don't have love.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen

What's wrong with believing truth? Whats wrong with not standing up for it?

I perceive I may be the type of person you are speaking of. I jump when I see something I don't think is true. If you can prove your point or at least make a reasonable arguement, I will stand down if not thank you for correction.

Yes I will debate the truth, but in the end it doesn't necessarily mean I think less of anyone. If anyone gets that impression, I apologize.

There seems to be a movement to focus more on love and less on truth around here. I say you don't have to choose one or the other. God is love... I get that. Jesus also said he was the truth. He said the truth will make you free amd those that worship the Father MUST do so in spirit and in truth.

So is there anything wrong with believing in truth? I see nothing wrong with it. Is it ok to believe a lie? Well.. God ddoesn't like it so I suppose the is.

Jesus said if you say you love me and keep not my sayings you are a liar. Can we keep his saying if they aren't true? What's being said here? Can we say we love him if we believe something other than the truth?

Here IS a lie: If someone sticks up fpr truth and doesn't believe a lie, then they don't have love.

Stating the truth is great. Believing that truth stands or falls with your opinion is about ego, not truth. And no, i do not think you fall under this description.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did Jesus do battle for Truth?
Where was his ego ever?

I think it can get confusing for me when I am not reading the gospels regularly because Christian culture is getting farther and farther away from Christ’s model. I read through the Bible every two years because I reread the gospels as I go.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Stating the truth is great. Believing that truth stands or falls with your opinion is about ego, not truth. And no, i do not think you fall under this description.

Well...every conversation has a good pinch of opinion tossed in, doesn't it, even ones about truth and love? How people interpret what is truth, or how to carry out loving actions sort of comes down to opinion. As Christians I think we try and have both scripture and the Holy Spirit guide our opinion, or conscience, but, when it really comes down to it, we form an opinion on something and sort of plant a flag on it because it's important to us. Is it right, or wrong? Honestly...I have no idea and I suspect I'm probably wrong in a lot of instances. But...I know God knows my intentions, and i have to believe he will lead and guide me. What else are we to do apart from freezing and doing nothing? I don't think that's acceptable....

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are we called to go forworth and win at all costs? Blungeon our neighbor with our opinion about the Truth? Health the wrong with our Right? Harrass the goats with vain reform all the way to Hell? Double down on doctrine over the welfare of neighbor?

Zealous Christians are always ego warriors - cause who’d want to be a snowflake, right?

Christians love to defend the truth; I would love to see more advocate for their neighbor made in God’s image. The Truth can take care of itself - meanwhile our neighbors are getting pummeled.....

Aspen, have you ever been in a completely dark room where you can't even see your hand in front of your face?

This is an opinion but I do believe Jesus was truth and fought for truth and defended truth with every step He took. How could He not? HE is the light? And as Jesus walked the light hit whatever He encountered. That is the truth. Not a doctrine or knowing the proper interpretation of a verse. Some of my favorite truth moments of Jesus:

John 4:16-18
[16] Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. [17] The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: [18] For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

John 4:39
[39] And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

John 8:4-10
[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. [5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? [6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not . [7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. [8] And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. [9] And they which heard it , being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. [10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

There are so many more. As the light moved He saw who needed healing, who needed freedom. He would tell someone what they love most is money. Even when He stood before those religious leaders and told them their Father was the devil and they steal from the poor. And there was nicodemus seeing the truth that Jesus was THE teacher of truth(light). There was no spite or envying in Jesus, when He told others harsh truth about themselves it was always with compassion. It was always words meant to free them from a prison of dark, not to confine them to it. That is what God does in our life. The light (truth) comes in and illuminates all the ugly that is against God in nature, what we have spent our whole life covering up. Wasted energy and time since God sees what is in the dark. When it is illuminated we run to the truth and willingly embrace it(Christ) and He shows mercy. That same compassion of Christ should be present in us, to want others to be free from the dark and brought into the light of freedom which is (Christ). Truth also keeps us humble; always aware of our state without God and the mercy and grace we depend on; In turn how can we look down on others as if we are any better.

You Understand this light. You speak of this fake outer facade of lies that needs to come off. You call it ego. I call it a prison. It is that old man. That is what battling truth is. It is love in nature. Not to destroy for the sake of destroying but to have a part in setting the captives free. Shining a light(Christ) on the facade (delusion).

Last edited:
Reactions: Naomi25 and amadeus

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are we called to go forworth and win at all costs? Blungeon our neighbor with our opinion about the Truth? Health the wrong with our Right? Harrass the goats with vain reform all the way to Hell? Double down on doctrine over the welfare of neighbor?

What we need are more people who are intolerant of lies - and not wishy-washy in their convictions.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name one time I have been wishy-washy in my convictions
You mean - other than your OP ion this thread?
Besides, I wasn't speaking about YOU, personally - although I find the topic of this thread a little squishy.

Reactions: FHII

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean - other than your OP ion this thread?
Besides, I wasn't speaking about YOU, personally - although I find the topic of this thread a little squishy.

My understanding of Truth is stronger than any defense.....hardly squishy. If you want to waste time running around fending off ghosts, go right ahead. My only gripe is your bravado and rudeness.....talk about weak

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding of Truth is stronger than any defense.....hardly squishy. If you want to waste time running around fending off ghosts, go right ahead. My only gripe is your bravado and rudeness.....talk about weak
That's because you don't have any real convictions.

"Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions."
- G.K. Chesterton

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions."
- G.K. Chesterton

Because I am not rude? Is your concept of defending truth, rudeness? Hmm....sad, but consistent based on your posts.....

Btw, following my statement ‘truth is stronger than any defense’ with ‘you don’t have any real convictions’ is illogical. You may as well have said, ‘because you are a doo doo head’

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and pia

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an opinion but I do believe Jesus was truth and fought for truth and defended truth with every step He took. How could He not? HE is the light? And as Jesus walked the light hit whatever He encountered. That is the truth. Not a doctrine or knowing the proper interpretation of a verse. Some of my favorite truth moments of Jesus:

John 4:16-18
[16] Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. [17] The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: [18] For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

John 4:39
[39] And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

John 8:4-10
[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. [5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? [6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not . [7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. [8] And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. [9] And they which heard it , being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. [10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

Good verses. For me, there is a difference with defending truth and being truth. It may just be me, but I view defenders of truth as mere fans. They are armchair players of truth - full of opinion and bravado. Busying themselves with shouting alarms about the naked emperor. Jesus was pure true self - he had no perspective or opinion about how He lived because He was pure life. When he confronted hypocrites (fans), I think He was sincerely shocked and dismayed about their duplicity - hypocrisy is baffling to a person who has never experienced it in themselves......yes, Jesus is God, but he was in a humbled state and knowing another person’s heart does not mean understanding it by personal experience. I think Jesus acquired full understanding of sin on the Cross when His father looked away. Hope this makes sense - it is important for my understanding of the Christian life.

There are so many more. As the light moved He saw who needed healing, who needed freedom. He would tell someone what they love most is money. Even when He stood before those religious leaders and told them their Father was the devil and they steal from the poor. And there was nicodemus seeing the truth that Jesus was THE teacher of truth(light). There was no spite or envying in Jesus, when He told others harsh truth about themselves it was always with compassion. It was always words meant to free them from a prison of dark, not to confine them to it. That is what God does in our life. The light (truth) comes in and illuminates all the ugly that is against God in nature, what we have spent our whole life covering up. Wasted energy and time since God sees what is in the dark. When it is illuminated we run to the truth and willingly embrace it(Christ) and He shows mercy. That same compassion of Christ should be present in us, to want others to be free from the dark and brought into the light of freedom which is (Christ). Truth also keeps us humble; always aware of our state without God and the mercy and grace we depend on; In turn how can we look down on others as if we are any better.

Well said. I agree.

You Understand this light. You speak of this fake outer facade of lies that needs to come off. You call it ego. I call it a prison. It is that old man. That is what battling truth is. It is love in nature. Not to destroy for the sake of destroying but to have a part in setting the captives free. Shining a light(Christ) on the facade (delusion).

Agreed. We are travellers on the same narrow path

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this a judgment based on personal knowledge? Do you have a messenger from God speaking to you about who has and who does not have real conviction?

"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:2

Was not our friend @aspen simply trying to gather people together in what they do have from God that is good, without regard to church affiliations, rather than according to the evil they think they are able to see in others? How many others have tried to do that on this forum lately?

Reactions: Helen and aspen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, there is a difference with defending truth and being truth. It may just be me, but I view defenders of truth as mere fans. They are armchair players of truth - full of opinion and bravado. Busying themselves with shouting alarms about the naked emperor. Jesus was pure true self - he had no perspective or opinion about how He lived because He was pure life. When he confronted hypocrites (fans), I think He was sincerely shocked and dismayed about their duplicity - hypocrisy is baffling to a person who has never experienced it in themselves......yes, Jesus is God, but he was in a humbled state and knowing another person’s heart does not mean understanding it by personal experience. I think Jesus acquired full understanding of sin on the Cross when His father looked away. Hope this makes sense - it is important for my understanding of the Christian life.

It makes perfect sense.

Reactions: aspen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I am not rude? Is your concept of defending truth, rudeness? Hmm....sad, but consistent based on your posts.....

Btw, following my statement ‘truth is stronger than any defense’ with ‘you don’t have any real convictions’ is illogical. You may as well have said, ‘because you are a doo doo head’
No - because you are claiming that standing up for the truth is egocentric which is preposterous.

As I've stated on many occasions - it's not for the people who lie that I'm on this forum that I'm here. It's so that those who come here sincerely seeking the truth don't get seduced by the lies and fairy tales. I couldn't care less if it was coming from me or somebody else - as long as the truth isn't camouflaged by lies.

YOU don't like me because you find me "rude" - but I never see you attack those who lie with the same fervor.
What complete hypocrisy . . .