Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read the title of this thread?
This thread is a foul thread accusing brethren of not knowing the true God.
I will refute such falsehood openly.
Enoch will not get it most likely, however others who read honestly and carefully will see the truth.
These things can’t be seen with carnal eyes. I believe it’s a waste of time

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read the title of this thread?
This thread is a foul thread accusing brethren of not knowing the true God.
I will refute such falsehood openly.
Enoch will not get it most likely, however others who read honestly and carefully will see the truth.
I've already stated my thoughts on the destructive nature of this thread and the mudslinging therein.
But do you really believe that a person comes to Truth by reading your forum post on the internet?
Or does them coming to Truth have only to do with God and nothing to do with you, them, or this thread?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already stated my thoughts on the destructive nature of this thread and the mudslinging therein.

But do you really believe that a person comes to Truth by reading your forum post on the internet?
Or does them coming to Truth have only to do with God and nothing to do with you, them, or this thread?
Agreed it’s when God chooses!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God saves people by His word taught and preached.
You will notice the links I offer contain accurate scriptures. God can and has people who have come to truth because of scripture posted correctly.
You do not seem interested in the scriptures as I rarely see you post scripture, so you might not understand it.
When these people post falsehoods and the truth is posted alongside of it ...the reader can benefit from it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God saves people by His word taught and preached.
You will notice the links I offer contain accurate scriptures. God can and has people who have come to truth because of scripture posted correctly.
You do not seem interested in the scriptures as I rarely see you post scripture, so you might not understand it.
When these people post falsehoods and the truth is posted alongside of it ...the reader can benefit from it.
But from a Calvinsitic perspective, isn't God going to make those whom he wants to be saved saved, regardless of anything you do/want and the other person does/wants?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But from a Calvinsitic perspective, isn't God going to make those whom he wants to be saved saved, regardless of anything you do/want and the other person does/wants?
God not only elects those He intends to save, but He ordained the means.
2tim2:24-26, Roman's 10:9-17
God uses saved persons to speak to unsaved persons.

God uses the prayer of His people , their godly witness, their urging sinners to ask for mercy to be able to believe the preaching of the cross.Sinners are given a new heart, and turn from darkness to light. The sinner repents and believes in Jesus as Lord. Then the sinner discovers that it was God convicting him and drawing him savingly, giving him the gifts of repentance and faith

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God not only elects those He intends to save, but He ordained the means.
2tim2:24-26, Roman's 10:9-17
I just fail to see any motivation under the Calvninistic mindset: God is going to force person X to be damned and person Y to be saved, regardless of what anyone does or believes. There's just zero purpose in man preaching because no one is saved by man's preaching or other's accepting.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just fail to see any motivation under the Calvninistic mindset: God is going to force person X to be damned and person Y to be saved, regardless of what anyone does or believes. There's just zero purpose in man preaching because no one is saved by man's preaching or other's accepting.
This post tells me you are not reading what has already been posted.
Where did any post suggest such a foolish idea?
You keep suggesting this false idea, because you do not reference scripture

Without scripture most posts are just shared ignorance
You certainly did not read posts 9,10
If you want to remain ignorant that is your choice.
There is enough here for a person to learn, if they are not a lazy sluggard

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some host the Spirit of God.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post tells me you are not reading what has already been posted.
Where did any post suggest such a foolish idea?
You keep suggesting this false idea, because you do not reference scripture

Without scripture most posts are just shared ignorance
You certainly did not read posts 9,10
If you want to remain ignorant that is your choice.
There is enough here for a person to learn, if they are not a lazy sluggard
I ask an honest question trying really hard to have a civil conversation, and you respond with a personal attacks on me (yet again).

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask an honest question trying really hard to have a civil conversation, and you respond with a personal attacks on me (yet again).
Jane ,
You are clearly not reading the responses already given. You are ignoring the answers and repeating your false emotional objections not interacting with anything posted. What do you want a cookie? A prize? If you do not agree with what is posted, post your scripture showing why?
I have already posted the answers to the question.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jane ,
You are clearly not reading the responses already given. You are ignoring the answers and repeating your false emotional objections not interacting with anything posted. What do you want a cookie? A prize? If you do not agree with what is posted, post your scripture showing why?
I am simply trying to understand YOUR beliefs. Whether I find them to be 100% Biblical or completely anti-Biblical is irreverent. I'm not here to engage in pointless prosytlzing/debating/arguing. I just want to better understand what YOU believe to better understand and care about you in the spirit of love. As I've explained before, you need to explain your logic with your words. But you refuse to do that, and instead insult me for spending the time to try to understand you. It's like I'm reaching out to give you a hug and getting slapped over and over again for it.
This isn't helping me understand your logic at all, and instead giving me and just generating this extremely negative impression of you and your beliefs.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why on earth would saved people (Calvinists) even bother to talk to none saved people...if it is already pre ordained? It seems a bit foolish to me.

I did hear that if Calvin heard what is “said to be” Calvinism today. He would be horrified.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Late for the arguement again!

Look, I just want to make some points and I'd like them to be acknowledged! I dislike false representation.

John Calvin was not a Calvinist! I have read his work. Not all of it, but enough of it. If you blame me for not reading it all, then you read it all then get back to me.

The fact is that he wrote so much that a scholar would be busy for 8 years to get it all down. If you doubt me, google his catalogue.

Dozens of books and literally thousands of chapters. Yet it is 3 chapters of one book that gave birth to "Calvinism". Not that those 3 chapters support the tenets of Calvinism or his works (writings) as a whole do.

But like Martin Luther, students far removed from his teaching era isolated and corrupted what he taught.

As for John Calvin... He was a brilliant theologian whose sharp tongue reminds me of Tertilkian, Luther and at times even Augstine. I admire him for that, but I find fault with his actions. He'd curse the Pope on Sunday and hob-knob with is men on Wednesday. He was a hypocrite.

But make no error on this... Calvinism is not what John preached.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With all the Calvinists and quasi-Calvinists posting I think this thread is necessary.

I agree with the widely held belief Calvinism is a cult.

The God of Calvinism does not resemble the God of the Bible.

The salvation of Calvinism is not biblical. God does not create/appoint some salvation and some to damnation with a total rejection of free will.

That is a short and sweet of it. But these two aspects of Christianity are enough to judge it by.
Once again, you cast spurious arguments before you without a single bible verse to back up your opinion. What a surprise.

though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— “The older will serve the younger.” - Rom 9:11-12

For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” - Rom 9:15

So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills. -Rom 9:16-18

So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, - Rom 11:5-7

There is much....much, that can be written about predestination and election. Many bible verses. But here's the starting point that must be answered. After all God's promises to Israel, why does Paul tell us that many, many Jews will NOT be saved? How, then, do you explain Paul's very clear explination of those 'elect', and those 'not elect'? And those two distinctions being upon God's choice alone?