Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like, "I believe that total depravity leads to unconditional election which leads to limited atonement/particular redemption, which leads to irresistible grace, which leads to the perseverance of the saint."

Maybe true. But we need a lot of Scripture if people are going to be convinced in their hearts.
I've not met one Reformed brother or sister who isn't thoroughly immersed in Scripture usage. It's status quo for all the Reformed bro. No offense but your example isn't documentation.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's always good to stick with the statements of Scripture, rather than concentrate from a logical perspective on any supposed anomalies that men may read into Scripture.
Bro, your above fits into anti-reformed positions, not in the Reformed view.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But you haven’t addressed my post. Explain how God can love everybody w/o exception and hate the wicked. Address this please. Thank you my friend.
"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5.21)

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5.21)
I love that verse, but that doesn’t explain how He loves everybody w/o exception and hates the wicked.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's written to a church, the converted, us. Take your logic and usage and we have Universalism. Why? It is speaking of the state of conversion, not an invitation to salvation bro.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I love that verse, but that doesn’t explain how He loves everybody w/o exception and hates the wicked.
There are plenty of verses for the love of God; and plenty of verses for the reconciling work of Christ at the Cross.

I'm becoming unsure where you want me to quote them or not.

Or maybe it's not the verses that interest you, but the logic and intellectualizing.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." (1 Corinthians 2.5)

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are plenty of verses for the love of God; and plenty of verses for the reconciling work of Christ at the Cross.

I'm becoming unsure where you want me to quote them or not.

Or maybe it's not the verses that interest you, but the logic and intellectualizing.
All I am asking is for you to reconcile those two verses.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." (1 Corinthians 2.5)
You’re doing what the others are doing.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not necessarily against the conclusions that Calvinists come to; I would prefer that they be via Scripture rather than via logic, which is only going to convince some ppl intellectually.
There' an entire book called "The Five Points of Calvinism: Defined, Defended, and Documented" by Steele, Thomas, and Quinn, which is literally filled with all sorts of Scripture defending the five points.

The problem is that when we do show Scripture, it is denied, ignored, or told that "God couldn't do that because that wouldn't be fair."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There' an entire book called "The Five Points of Calvinism: Defined, Defended, and Documented" by Steele, Thomas, and Quinn, which is literally filled with all sorts of Scripture defending the five points.
Good. Just the sort of book that's necessary.

I guess my point is that seminary students seem often to loooove arguing logic; while Scripture does not seem to drive what they say.

This is also why a lot of people stop attending conversational Bible studies when some ppl show just to argue.

Reactions: Mjh29

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I guess my point is that seminary students seem often to loooove arguing logic; while Scripture does not seem to drive what they say.

This is also why a lot of people stop attending conversational Bible studies when some ppl show just to argue.

I agree. And I have tried to use Scripture here, but they are ignored.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have never been to seminary Bruh.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth