Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good. Just the sort of book that's necessary.

I guess my point is that seminary students seem often to loooove arguing logic; while Scripture does not seem to drive what they say.

This is also why a lot of people stop attending conversational Bible studies when some ppl show just to argue.
Again, please reconcile God loving everybody w/o exception and hating the wicked, please.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good. Just the sort of book that's necessary.

I guess my point is that seminary students seem often to loooove arguing logic; while Scripture does not seem to drive what they say.

This is also why a lot of people stop attending conversational Bible studies when some ppl show just to argue.

It's apparent you really don't have a true understanding of the Reformed or their apologetics. You keep offering unsubstantiated examples. You're aware that's not proof AND that we're fully aware it doesn't jive with what we know to be true of the Reformed, right?

Now, you know what I've heard? You don't use scripture but instead just philosophize. Those who teach your same doctrine do the same things. I've said it, so it's true because I said it. We can all play that silly game...

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe the 5 points are Scriptural.

So I would quote Scripture - there is lots.

Some will argue logic at length but seemingly not get around to quoting Scripture.
Scripture is offered when someone asks a sincere question.
The teaching comes from scripture so it will be somewhat orderly,and logical because God wrote it by using these men.
People resent that it makes so much sense,but gives all the glory to God and does away with our self righteousness.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Scripture is offered when someone asks a sincere question.
The teaching comes from scripture so it will be somewhat orderly,and logical because God wrote it by using these men.
People resent that it makes so much sense,but gives all the glory to God and does away with our self righteousness.
I agree that Scripture really is cohesive indeed, and we should be increasingly humbled by the panorama of revelation.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like, "I believe that total depravity leads to unconditional election which leads to limited atonement/particular redemption, which leads to irresistible grace, which leads to the perseverance of the saint."

Maybe true. But we need a lot of Scripture if people are going to be convinced in their hearts.
Take one topic at a time....take total depravity...read isa1...
Read rom.1....what does it say?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with what you are saying you is that you believe only those predestined for salvation per Calvinism are the ones who fulfill these verses.

If you don't win God's lottery you spend eternity in the lake of fire.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with what you are saying you is that you believe only those predestined for salvation per Calvinism are the ones who fulfill these verses.

If you don't win God's lottery you spend eternity in the lake of fire.

And you believe that the only difference between you and an unregenerate person is that you were smart and they were not, and that Christ's blood is only effective if you make it effective per Arminianism. And it is not by chance. God chooses because it pleases Him to do so.

Funny how you'll pop in every once in a while and spew some non-Scripturally based venom, and then play victor. We could care less what you have to say, unlike in your theology what you do and say is not all that important. It is what the Scriptures say that I'm worried about, so unless you start actually using the Scriptures in their context and show some reverence for the Bible and not just uninformed hostility, don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you believe that the only difference between you and an unregenerate person is that you were smart and they were not, and that Christ's blood is only effective if you make it effective per Arminianism. And it is not by chance. God chooses because it pleases Him to do so.

Funny how you'll pop in every once in a while and spew some non-Scripturally based venom, and then play victor. We could care less what you have to say, unlike in your theology what you do and say is not all that important. It is what the Scriptures say that I'm worried about, so unless you start actually using the Scriptures in their context and show some reverence for the Bible and not just uninformed hostility, don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

The only differences I accept the existence of God and they do not. Why they invent a god of their own liking.

Unlike you I fully recognize free will choice is a reality. Not that such as Satan was predestined and created to rebel and end up in the lake of fire.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only differences I accept the existence of God and they do not. Why they invent a god of their own liking.

Unlike you I fully recognize free will choice is a reality. Not that such as Satan was predestined and created to rebel and end up in the lake of fire.

So, your salvation rests with you; your choice, your smarts. God didn't save you; YOU saved you, and this is works righteousness, which is against the Scriptures.

Unfortunately, you accept the made up concept of free will. You know how many verses are in the Scriptures that talk about free will? 0. That term is not even found in the Scriptures.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, your salvation rests with you; your choice, your smarts. God didn't save you; YOU saved you, and this is works righteousness, which is against the Scriptures.

Unfortunately, you accept the made up concept of free will. You know how many verses are in the Scriptures that talk about free will? 0. That term is not even found in the Scriptures.

Salvation resides with God. Christ died on the cross so we could be saved. He knocks about doors is us to invite him in.

Calvinists continually tried to spin the meaning of all that but all they do is deny the gospel.

Actually, hundreds of persons talk about free will, just not in the wording your demanding.

When it talks about seeking God, etc., Those are all acts of freewill.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
”For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”[John 3:16]

The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity.[Psalms 5:5]

Now, if world means everybody whoever lived, explain this apparent contradiction, as one verse says He loves everybody w/o exception and the other says He hates those do iniquity.

John 3:16 is not a contradiction of Psalms 5:5 even though it might appear to be one at first glance. In the original language, the word used for "world" in John 3:16 is from the Greek cosmos. We normally think of the "world" as our planet, earth. Not so, in the word-choice of cosmos. The surface meaning is "universe," but the underlying meaning is one of "order". God loves the order He established in the universe He created. At the same time, He hates chaos which also has more meaning, in the original Greek, than our superficial understanding. All evildoers are agents of chaos, as is their master, Satan--the ultimate agent of chaos. God hates chaos and all who desire to cause it. He sent His Son to reconcile those who believe, to the proper order of the universe in Him. He will send His Son a second time to temporarily renew much of the order in the physical realm during the Millennial Reign (in the words of Isaiah 65:20, only sinners will die as young as 100 years old). During that period, the chaos-maker, Satan, will be bound. At the end of the 1,000 years, he will be loosed to deceive the nations once again. But the life-giving Son of God will destroy Satan and all of his works at the very End. And Heaven will come to earth--never to leave.

On the other hand, when God moves to judge the "world" as in Revelation 3:10, a different Greek word is used--oikoumenes. In this instance, "world" refers to the Beast-following inhabitants of the earth.