Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do you seem to have a problem saying that God rescues some and leaves others in their sins? If, according to you, God has the right to take the life of the righteous, how much more does He have the right to leave the wicked in their wicked ways?
And how much more does He have the right the slay the wicked? I am still waiting on @Lady Crosstalk to answer where God has the right to take innocent lives.

To take an innocent life is murder. Murder is a sin. If God has this right then He is able to sin. Her theology is on a downward spiral heading towards blasphemy.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do you seem to have a problem saying that God rescues some and leaves others in their sins? If, according to you, God has the right to take the life of the righteous, how much more does He have the right to leave the wicked in their wicked ways?
She just showed her entire polemic against Calvinism to be a complete misnomer, inconsistent, and baseless.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's not even the point. God was calling all of them (referring to Psalm 95:11) to repentance. If Irresistible Grace were true, they would not have resisted God in the wilderness. Yet they did.

That is all.

You're assuming that every call is the 'special' call, or the 'irresistible' call. Not every reference to 'call' means the irresistible call.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how much more does He have the right the slay the wicked? I am still waiting on @Lady Crosstalk to answer where God has the right to take innocent lives.

To take an innocent life is murder. Murder is a sin. If God has this right then He is able to sin. Her theology is on a downward spiral heading towards blasphemy.
We're all waiting for answers. Over and again we've stumped them, exposed their flaws, and they get quiet.

Yes, we've noticed.

We have answered all their objections to giving God all the glory.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Peter 1:16 -- Our holiness it to reflect His; meaning if He tells us not to take an innocent life, that is because God would never take an innocent life
mic drop.gif

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But she said God has the right to violate one of His attributes, His holiness. :(

This is not possible [and we both know it, this is for those who may be reading and just not wanting to comment] because we are told to be like God. To put it simply:

1.) Is it a good thing to be like God?
- If yes, and God kills the righteous, should we not also kill the righteous?
- If no, then why would God, whom is perfect, have qualities which would be wrong for us to reflect?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But she said God has the right to violate one of His attributes, His holiness. :(
If man thinks he can violate God's decree that He chose, not them, by voting themselves into heaven by their determination, then it is ok (to them) to attribute to God's nature what He cannot do.

It is called (by attempt) "You rub my back, I'll rub yours."

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This also makes God a liar. The logic is as follows

1.) Babies are innocent
2.) We know some babies die in infancy
3.) Death is not a result of sin
4.) God told Adam that the only reason he would die is disobedience. God must have been lying to Adam, because God said the only reason for death was sin [unrighteousness[. If righteous babies die, either God is a liar, or they are NOT innocent!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not possible [and we both know it, this is for those who may be reading and just not wanting to comment] because we are told to be like God. To put it simply:

1.) Is it a good thing to be like God?
- If yes, and God kills the righteous, should we not also kill the righteous?
- If no, then why would God, whom is perfect, have qualities which would be wrong for us to reflect?
Be holy as I am holy, but don’t emulate Me as I kill innocent folk, okay?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This also makes God a liar. The logic is as follows

1.) Babies are innocent
2.) We know some babies die in infancy
3.) Death is not a result of sin
4.) God told Adam that the only reason he would die is disobedience. God must have been lying to Adam, because God said the only reason for death was sin [unrighteousness[. If righteous babies die, either God is a liar, or they are NOT innocent!
Nailed it. It gets bigger like a snowball rolling down a ski slope.