Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The reason why sons were not accountable for their father’s sins was because the fathers never stood in their place. Adam stood in our place as our representative my Sister.

Did not Christ remove the spiritual curse placed on Adam, for those who are covered under the Blood of Christ?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Law cannot save and obedience only meant temporal rewards or loss for disobedience. It was about national survival not salvation.

No, disagree. God was not only talking about having rest in this life. He swore in Hid wrath after 40 years that they would never enter His rest. That verse is talking about Eternal Rest. So you're incorrect there.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know as I have not been there--have you?
Well, when we see babies, we see these sweet little creatures made in the image of God(which is why I loathe abortion sooooooo much). However, God must see them differently than you or I. Look at how the Spirit had David confess his sinfulness at conception. He said the wicked are estranged from the womb.

God even commanded the Amalekite children and infants be destroyed. Only a cruel God would command the death of the innocent.

Reactions: Mjh29 and Dave L

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If literal babies are to be there, then their bodies will be raised as babies. Then the elderly will be raised with old, decrepit bodies as well.
But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2.

But we never use Scripture, and have warped theology. :D:p

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know as I have not been there--have you? One tends to think so.
He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous, Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.[Proverbs 17:15]

If God commanded innocent ppl to be put to death, He has violated His own word, my Sister. If He does this, then He can not be trusted. However, if God commands even babies to be put to death, they are not innocent in His sight.

Our view of babies and God’s view are millions of miles apart.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Look at how the Spirit had David confess his sinfulness at conception. He said the wicked are estranged from the womb.

God even commanded the Amalekite children and infants be destroyed. Only a cruel God would command the death of the innocent.

Yes, the wicked are born and reared in wicked societies--not that it excuses them of personal responsibility for the sins they have committed while physically alive. Abraham was raised in a wicked society yet he was judged righteous by God because he believed God. With your last line, you are waging an argument which Satanists wage.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the wicked are born and reared in wicked societies--not that it excuses them of personal responsibility for the sins they have committed while physically alive. Abraham was raised in a wicked society yet he was judged righteous by God because he believed God. With your last line, you are waging an argument which Satanists wage.
No I am not. I am showing you the logical conclusions of your theology my Sister.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous, Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.

If God commanded innocent ppl to be put to death, He has violated His own word, my Sister. If He does this, then He can not be trusted. However, if God commands even babies to be put to death, they are not innocent in His sight.

Our view of babies and God’s view are millions of miles apart.

God has the advantage of seeing the End from the Beginning. You, I and other mortal beings do not possess this ability--we have no right to take innocent life, but God obviously does. He sent His wholly innocent Son to be tortured to death.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has the advantage of seeing the End from the Beginning. You, I and other mortal beings do not possess this ability--we have no right to take innocent life, but God obviously does. He sent His wholly innocent Son to be tortured to death.
No God does not have the right to take innocent life my Sister. That would violate His holiness. Show me one place where He did this.

Remember, when the Christ was slain, He had become sin, had been imputed our sins and stood before His Father guilty. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. He became sin and God treated Him as if He was your or I.

Reactions: Mjh29