Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
No they don't. They just have more sophisticated untruths.

The Theory of Evolution (and it really shouldn't even be dignified by calling it a "theory"--it is more of a hypothesis) is simply NOT the best answer. The best answer is that there was and is a Creator.

p.s. The "Direct RNA Templating" hypothesis is failing as well: Meyer and Nelson on a Failed Explanation for the Origin of the Genetic Code | Evolution News

p.p.s. Here is another article you might find interesting:Darwin Devolves: Another Huge Advance Against Darwinism and for Intelligent Design | Evolution News
ok, evolution is a lie. Where is your evidence that god exists?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
There is the testimony of scripture...and if you will not accept the testimony of those who believe, there is even an unbelieving historian...Josephus...who testified to the reality of Jesus' miracles and the reality of the fact that He lived, died, and was purported to rise again.
Josephus was not an eyewitness to any of the events. And his "Testimonium Flavianum" was edited by Christians.

Of course my testimony would only be subjective to you...but He has revealed Himself to me in such a way that I would never doubt His existence in a million years.
What way is that?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is not something you prove. God does not prove Himself to anyone, because He does not obey the commands of men. Look around. Nature screams that there is a God and that He is good. Belief in Him is a gift from God. Only those whose eyes God opens will see Him in His Word and believe. There is not proof like what you are asking for, but if God opens your eyes and heart, that will be all the proof you need and then some.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
God is not something you prove. God does not prove Himself to anyone, because He does not obey the commands of men. Look around. Nature screams that there is a God and that He is good. Belief in Him is a gift from God. Only those whose eyes God opens will see Him in His Word and believe. There is not proof like what you are asking for, but if God opens your eyes and heart, that will be all the proof you need and then some.
I am not looking for proof. Proof and sufficient evidence are not the same thing. I am looking for sufficient evidence. I guess I will wait for god to do something then.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not looking for proof. Proof and sufficient evidence are not the same thing. I am looking for sufficient evidence. I guess I will wait for god to do something then.

Evidence? Look around; The earth is a perfect example of "evidence" of a creator. The fact that this planet is the only planet that has the exact distance relative to the sun to sustain life was no accident. All of creation screams evidence of a creator. You just have to look around and see.

Reactions: Dave L

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

He already did, but you have apparently closed your eyes and ears.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Any of the books of Lee Strobel give plenty of evidence. All of his books are available at most public libraries or, by request, from inter-library loan. The Case For A Creator might be a good place to start, if you are looking for evidence that God exists. If you spent as much time investigating theism as you have apparently spent investigating atheism, I think you will be convinced that God exists.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dealt with it. My answer is I don't know.

I am not here to discuss evolution. I am not qualified to. It has no bearing on whether god exists or not. What is your evidence that god exists?

He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and He talks with me through life's dark, narrow way...
He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart...You ask me how I know He lives...He lives within my heart.

:):):)

See Hebrews 11:1.

What way is that?

My testimony (Geoffrey Primanti).

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't have evidence that the bible is inspired by god.

I do. I have an M.S. in counseling psychology but I have never seen any scheme of men which can hold a candle to the Bible in terms of understanding the hearts of human beings and dispensing the wisdom needed to help them.

That is not to say that some people don't have something wrong with their brains that cause them to malfunction. It is part of the disease and death which invaded the world through the agency of mankind's sin.

Jesus spoke mostly about two categories of disease: physical (including broken neural systems) and spiritual. He healed both kinds.

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and He talks with me through life's dark, narrow way...
He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart...You ask me how I know He lives...He lives within my heart.

:):):)

See Hebrews 11:1.

My testimony (Geoffrey Primanti).
How do you know this? Is it a feeling, a real voice, a thought? How do you know it is the god of the bible?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I do. I have an M.S. in counseling psychology but I have never seen any scheme of men which can hold a candle to the Bible in terms of understanding the hearts of human beings and dispensing the wisdom needed to help them.
I agree that the bible has some insight into the hearts of people. At least it is honest that people are generally selfish. Most current thought seems to be that we are intrinsically good. I think the bible gets it right that we are not. It takes a choice to do good. But I don't see how this is sufficient evidence to believe it was inspired by god.

Jesus spoke mostly about two categories of disease: physical (including broken neural systems) and spiritual. He healed both kinds.
There is not sufficient evidence of this.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John
I don't see it quite like that ....This puts me right back into the thread about 'entering into rest.'
How much do "we" do, and how much do we do by staying in the Spirit and abiding there?
I presume when Jesus is speaking in Rev 3 about the overcomer being a "pillar in the temple and shall go no more out..." Is that not referring to our "in and outness" of walking and abiding in Him... ?

To me, the 'work' of the death to self/flesh is always in the denial of the self and the choosing of Christ. Not in denying my flesh of another lump of ice-cream , but of denying of the me, and focussing on Him who went before.
I think that some people get caught up in the trap of 'putting to death the deeds of the flesh' ...I don't think that self denial can do it..that has been done by monks , Buddhists , hermits etc
No, having an outhouse, no running water and eating only beans doesn't change the inside..we can't , He can.
The denying of who I think I am, and the strong belief in who He is..the moment by moment choice. ....to me is running the race, and fighting of the good fight of faith. It is work. ( the work James speaks of = faith without work/labour is dead.
We enter His rest, His victory, His life...we have nothing ...
I am not certain we are disagreeing. Going off alone and immersing ourselves then in the life of hermit and not partaking in much of anything of the material things around us is NOT where we [perhaps with exceptions?] should be. God made everything very good and He made man so that man could enjoy all of those very good things... But God did prescribe proper usage of those very good things. Man moved away from that proper usage, misusing and abusing the good things so they no longer were good. This is not even speaking of the potential spiritual connection between of us and God through the Holy Spirit. Of course, now it is impossible for any person to even know how to do things as God would want him to do them, much less to do them that way... unless the person is submitted to the Holy Spirit of God.

This last thing is the thing that possible for a follower of God now, but only by submitting to the lead of the Holy Spirit all of the time will a person always be walking with God. Most everyone who has ever had a favorable connection with God can follow that lead, but few manage the 24/7 submission. [Do any?] We can always live for God but sometimes we do not. How merciful is our God? How many times will He allow us to fail Him and then recommit ourselves to Him? The only limit is according to the time allotted to each of us...

God won't cut us off because a momentary or temporary lapse... unless we have it in our mind to go ahead and do the thing because our merciful God will forgive us again anyway.

Reactions: Helen

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree that the bible has some insight into the hearts of people. At least it is honest that people are generally selfish. Most current thought seems to be that we are intrinsically good. I think the bible gets it right that we are not. It takes a choice to do good. But I don't see how this is sufficient evidence to believe it was inspired by god.

It is obvious then that men are quite apparently NOT all that wise. The Bible's wisdom is supernatural and from above.

There is not sufficient evidence of this.

It depends on what you mean by "evidence". In a judicial system, the testimony of two or three witnesses is more than necessary evidence to support a verdict. We have the testimony of at least eleven eye-witnesses. Were they lying? Who would die for a lie?

Scientific evidence? Not possible because you cannot submit the God hypothesis to rigorous testing just as you cannot really submit the "big bang" hypothesis to testing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

I offer the faith of Christians as the evidence that the Bible is a reality.

If you think about it, Christians are an upside-down people when compared to the rest of the world.

The fact that there are people who have an opposite paradigm than what is normal ought to be considered as evidence that the reason for that opposite paradigm has validity, if its basis be in something that happened in world history that also changed history, like the Cross of Jesus Christ.

This thing wasn't accomplished in some corner of the woods. It is very much in the face of atheists and those who have a worldly paradigm.

If anyone is going to go to hell, they have to trample over the Cross of Jesus Christ; because it stands in the way of their path, and it calls them to salvation. It presents a way of living that is exactly opposite to what is normal in the world...even to the extent that people who actually live like the Bible says they ought to, are sometimes subjected to psychological evaluation and deemed to be mentally ill. But in all reality they are not. The Bible says that God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7. Nevertheless it also says,

Hos 9:7, The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

Because of the great hatred that is objected against Christians and Jews (for that we are the source of the Judeo-Christian ethic, which is considered to be restricting by the world, see Psalms 2:3), even those who hold to the Judeo-Christian ethic (those who are spiritual) are singled out in psychology with terms like persecution complex and religious preoccupation. If someone actually believes and lives like Matthew 5:10-12, or 2 Timothy 3:10-12 is a reality; or if someone obeys 1 Peter 2:1-3 and/or Psalms 1, then they are considered to be mentally ill if or when they go before the psychiatrist. Don't believe me? Read about it in your psychology books.

So then, it is not that believers have an actual mental illness, but that we are considered to have a mental illness because we hold to a different paradigm than does the rest of the world. As it is written,

2Co 5:13, For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.
2Co 5:14, For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
2Co 5:15, And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen