Calvinism is NOT a Cult!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel is that good news that CHRIST came to shed his blood cell that whoever came to him in repentance in repentance would be saved.

You preach some were created to be saved and some damned purely of the whim of God.

Most assuredly that is not good news for those chosen to be damned.

I have 58 years of study behind me. How much do you have?

You do not preach the gospel.
Address the Scriptures I've given, not your asinine, baseless and callow opinion of my person.

Concerning your 58 years of study, congrats, that's great. But you still didn't know the answer to your own question, and your biblical acumen is quite lacking to be honest.

Now, address the Scriptures given that clearly show why we preach the Gospel of Christ. The fact is I've given you a good biblical answer that stopped you in your tracks. So instead of being a reasonable person, or behaving as a believer, you instead resort to works of the flesh. In fact you remain there day in, day out. Maybe put some practice to your alleged vast knowledge of the things of God?

As far as your other question about why preached to the damned? We don't know who is damned and we don't know who is elect. Nor do you.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Address the Scriptures I've given, not your asinine, baseless and callow opinion of my person.

Concerning your 58 years of study, congrats, that's great. But you still didn't know the answer to your own question, and your biblical acumen is quite lacking to be honest.

Now, address the Scriptures given that clearly show why we preach the Gospel of Christ. The fact is I've given you a good biblical answer that stopped you in your tracks. So instead of being a reasonable person, or behaving as a believer, you instead resort to works of the flesh. In fact you remain there day in, day out. Maybe put some practice to your alleged vast knowledge of the things of God?

As far as your other question about why preached to the damned? We don't know who is damned and we don't know who is elect. Nor do you.

Nor does it matter if you know by your beliefs. It changes nothing and you can change nothing.

You do not preach the gospel. Your verses do not say what you claim.

The gospel it is about hope and chain of that you do not believe in.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor does it matter if you know by your beliefs. It changes nothing and you can change nothing.

Notice how you tell the Gospel what it is about. The Gospel is not chiefly about hope, it is not chiefly about your salvation. It is and always has been about Christ an His glory. The problem is we tend to try to make the Bible all about us; that it's sole purpose is to show us how to get into Heaven..... how selfish! The true Gospel message is about God doing all things to bring Himself ultimate glory.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 21:28, But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
Mat 21:29, He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
Mat 21:30, And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
Mat 21:31, Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
Mat 21:32, For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

The person who truly receives Christ will do the will of the Father. In v.32, the harlots and publicans believed and entered the kingdom before those who did not believe. So then, believing is the catalyst for salvation; and yes, there are those who give lip service who do not believe; however all those who truly believe will be obedient to the Lord.

Act 5:32, And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Rom 1:5, By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Rom 16:26, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
Ok so how does The atheist and agnostic and the worldly I got all I need and just don’t care fit into this ?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice how you tell the Gospel what it is about. The Gospel is not chiefly about hope, it is not chiefly about your salvation. It is and always has been about Christ an His glory. The problem is we tend to try to make the Bible all about us; that it's sole purpose is to show us how to get into Heaven..... how selfish! The true Gospel message is about God doing all things to bring Himself ultimate glory.

That is one sad view of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so how does The atheist and agnostic and the worldly I got all I need and just don’t care fit into this ?
The indifferent will be faced with the gospel message too; and if they reject it, they are damned for their rejection of Christ and what He did for them; but certainly not because God made that choice for them! They made the choice themselves; and entered into eternal damnation because they chose not to believe in the gospel message.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your verses?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The indifferent will be faced with the gospel message too; and if they reject it, they are damned for their rejection of Christ and what He did for them; but certainly not because God made that choice for them! They made the choice themselves; and entered into eternal damnation because they chose not to believe in the gospel message.
Ok so, there’s three groups?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, address the Scriptures given that clearly show why we preach the Gospel of Christ.
That we are to preach the gospel of Christ is not in question: what is in question is whether you are preaching the gospel of Christ.

To me, the gospel is defined in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 and John 3:16-17.

If your gospel is different than what those passages teach, then it is a different gospel according to Galatians 1:6-9.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it now there’s three groups one says no I refuse to work. The other says I’ll do the work you cannot complete without me. And the other says when did we see you naked hungry and in prison?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it now there’s three groups one says no I refuse to work. The other says I’ll do the work you cannot complete without me. And the other says when did we see you naked hungry and in prison?
You're going to have to be more clear.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The God I believe in isn't selfish.

Your right. He can't be selfish, because every good thing that could ever be said about Him is 100% true and justified.

Why does he have the angels singing His praises constantly? Why does he declare to Moses that He is more concerned with His name than even Moses himself is?

Are you saying that God is not deserving of everything being for His glory?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're going to have to be more clear.
There’s clearly a group of people who truly believe they have received salvation they even call him Lord Lord. But he says I never knew you. How can this be if it is as simple
Your right. He can't be selfish, because every good thing that could ever be said about Him is 100% true and justified.

Why does he have the angels singing His praises constantly? Why does he declare to Moses that He is more concerned with His name than even Moses himself is?

Are you saying that God is not deserving of everything being for His glory?
i believe all he’s stating is that man has the ability to reject the Gospel, but I’m not convinced I believe that. I’m too young a believer to state that as a truth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we worship a God who isn't selfish, we become like Him...unselfish.

So the requirement that we worship Him is for our benefit...in order that we might become like the One whom we worship, 2 Corinthians 3:18.

re #195.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s clearly a group of people who truly believe they have received salvation they even call him Lord Lord. But he says I never knew you. How can this be if it is as simple
Finish the sentence. You are still being unclear. How do you see three groups in my theology?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first and third groups that you mention fall into the same category of no.

Although, according to the parable, the second and third group would be the ones who truly say no, since the first group says, "I will go," and then doesn't.