Calvinism is NOT a Cult!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So Jesus died for every sin of every man?
Of course. Have ye not read the Scriptures?

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. (Jn 1:6,7)

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (Jn 1:29)

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (Heb 2:9)

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. (1 Tim 2:5,6)

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 Jn 2:1,2)

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. Have ye not read the Scriptures?

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. (Jn 1:6,7)

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (Jn 1:29)

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (Heb 2:9)

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. (1 Tim 2:5,6)

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 Jn 2:1,2)

So is unbelief a sin?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're going in circles now, as this has been adequately answered.

I suggest you go back and read the entire thread.

You never adequately answered. You blatantly contradicted your own logic. If Jesus died for every sin of every man, and unbelief is a sin, then Christ's death covered the sin of unbelief, and everone would be saved. If unbelief isn't a sin, and Christ died for every sin, then everyone would be saved.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Verse 24 is of particular interest to me.
As regards the Sabbath, the Lord Jesus fulfilled the Feast of Firstfruits, which corresponds with the Resurrection. "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept." (1 Corinthians 15.20). Now the law has been changed and what we now have is better than the law (Hebrews 7.12; Hebrews 7.19).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never adequately answered. You blatantly contradicted your own logic. If Jesus died for every sin of every man, and unbelief is a sin, then Christ's death covered the sin of unbelief, and everone would be saved. If unbelief isn't a sin, and Christ died for every sin, then everyone would be saved.
edited post #144 (Calvinism is NOT a Cult!)

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And again, you never gave an answer that made any sense. Where is the flaw in the logic of the statement, regardless of how you feel about it?

You responded that Christ didn't die for all sins, but Enoch seems to think that Christ did die for every and all sins, as per his answer to the question.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never adequately answered. You blatantly contradicted your own logic. If Jesus died for every sin of every man, and unbelief is a sin, then Christ's death covered the sin of unbelief, and everyone <fify> would be saved. If unbelief isn't a sin, and Christ died for every sin, then everyone would be saved.
I suppose I will repeat the answer here for those who are lazy.

Unbelief was paid for by the Cross; but the forgiveness of the Cross is only apprehended by faith. Therefore in order for someone to apprehend the forgiveness provided (for the sin of unbelief), they would have to repent of their unbelief and place their faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for them on the Cross. SIMPLE.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose I will repeat the answer here for those who are lazy.

Unbelief was paid for by the Cross; but the forgiveness of the Cross is only apprehended by faith. Therefore in order for someone to apprehend the forgiveness provided (for the sin of unbelief), they would have to repent of their unbelief and place their faith in Jesus Christ and what he did for them. SIMPLE.

But if unbelief is a sin, then Christ's blood covered the sin of unbelief even if I don't have faith.

Or must we make His blood actually effective? So Christ didn't really save anyone on the cross; He made it possible for us to save ourselves, which is works righteousness.

So are we saved by our works by making His blood effective, or is everyone saved because Christ died for every and all sin?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
post #150 being the response to the logic set forth in the post I will quote here:

Because the Arminian view goes against not only the Scriptures, but logic. Since you can't seem to respond the Scriptures we give you, perhaps logic will work.

The Father imposed His wrath due unto, and the Son underwent punishment for either:

1) All the sins of all men;

2) All the sins of some men; or

3) Some of the sins of all men.

In which case it may be said:

1) If the last be true all men have some sins to answer for, and so none are saved;

2) That if the second be true, then Christ, in their stead suffered for all the sins of the elect in the whole world, and this is the truth;

3) But if the first is the case, why are not all men free from the punishment due unto their sins? You answer, Because of unbelief. I ask, Is this unbelief a sin, or is it not? If it be, then Christ suffered the punishment due unto it, or He did not. If He did, why must that hinder them more than their other sins for which He died? If He did not, He did not die for all their sins!

Again, the answer being:

Unbelief was paid for by the Cross; but the forgiveness of the Cross is only apprehended by faith. Therefore in order for someone to apprehend the forgiveness provided (for the sin of unbelief), they would have to repent of their unbelief and place their faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for them on the Cross. SIMPLE.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if unbelief is a sin, then Christ's blood covered the sin of unbelief even if I don't have faith.

Or must we make His blood actually effective? So Christ didn't really save anyone on the cross; He made it possible for us to save ourselves, which is works righteousness.

So are we saved by our works by making His blood effective, of is everyone saved because Christ died for every and all sin?
Faith is a requirement for salvation; that is such a basic Bible doctrine I am surprised that you are blind to its reality.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is a requirement for salvation; that is such a basic Bible doctrine I am surprised that you are blind to its reality.

So we save ourselves by making Christ's blood effective

So you believe we are saved by our work of choosing to have faith? Or is Christ's blood effective all the time?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you believe we are saved by our work of choosing to have faith? Or is Christ's blood effective all the time?
A closer look at Ephesians 2:8-9 will reveal that faith and works are mutually exclusive.

And yes, it is appropriated by our faith.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A closer look at Ephesians 2:8-9 will reveal that faith and works are mutually exclusive.

And yes, it is appropriated by our faith.

Oh ok. So our works are really what save us not Christ's blood, because without our work of choosing to have faith, Christ's blood means nothing? Because regardless of what you say, you were the one that caused the faith within yourself; you did the work of choosing to believe. It was all you who believed, and therefore all you that achieved the reward.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ok. So our works are really what save us not Christ's blood, because without our work of choosing to have faith, Christ's blood means nothing? Because regardless of what you say, you were the one that caused the faith within yourself; you did the work of choosing to believe. It was all you who believed, and therefore all you that achieved the reward.
We have big winna!!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Act 2:40, And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Faith and works are mutually exclusive (according to Ephesians 2:8-9), I said. And faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of the Lord, Romans 10:17, so it is something that comes through preaching. Yes, we respond with yes or no when we truly hear the gospel message.