Calvinism is NOT a Cult!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

Again.

You need to read to verse 10. Context.
Making me work today, I see.

Works, in Ephesians 2:10, are something that we do because we have a living faith alone in Jesus Christ. These works were prepared beforehand for us to walk in, because through faith, we are inclined to do the will of the Father.

It is clear from Ephesians 2:8-9 that salvation is by grace through faith, and not of works.

Therefore our salvation is none of works, and all of faith. Faith and works are mutually exclusive when it comes to salvation.

Works are the result of a living faith; but this scripture should make it clear to anyone who is not spiritually blind that my faith is not a work; otherwise, my works do save me: however, Ephesians 2:9 indicates that this is not the case.

D

Dave L

Enoch 111 says;

1. Scriptures which reveal that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and that He is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world.

Answer = The entire world will be saved in the New Heavens and earth. Jesus truly is the savior of the world (Cosmos).

2. Scriptures which teach that since the whole human race is under condemnation, God commands all men everywhere to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and that all may be saved if all will obey the Gospel.

Answer = "Obey the gospel" = works = self salvation = acting = hypocrisy. The gospel is good news about salvation for all who believe. Good works naturally follow true faith.

3. Scripture which reveal that even though mankind is in a fallen condition (a) sinners can and do obey their conscience, and do righteous deeds as though the Law is written in their hearts, and (b) the power of the Gospel and the convicting and convincing power of the Holy Spirit are sufficient to bring men to Christ, following which they receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and are regenerated.

Answer = Jesus told Peter he was blessed because the Father gave him the revelation of Jesus' messiahship. Natural man cannot discern spiritual truth being spiritually dead.

4. Scriptures which teach that faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, and that saving faith is not a gift given to a select few, but can be generated in all human hearts.

Answer = Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit one must have before biblical faith can exist.

5. Scriptures which reveal that God invites "all the ends of the earth" to come to Him for salvation, and that no one is excluded and they exclude themselves by refusing to come.

Answer = Someone must believe (be saved according to Jesus) before they will come. People do not come to things they do not believe in.

Last edited by a moderator:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As regards the Sabbath, the Lord Jesus fulfilled the Feast of Firstfruits, which corresponds with the Resurrection. "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept." (1 Corinthians 15.20). Now the law has been changed and what we now have is better than the law (Hebrews 7.12; Hebrews 7.19).
See the following:

Wet Paint Principle (Freedom)

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 2:40, And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Faith and works are mutually exclusive (according to Ephesians 2:8-9), I said. And faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of the Lord, Romans 10:17, so it is something that comes through preaching. Yes, we respond with yes or no when we truly hear the gospel message.
So salvation is a reward to those who have enough moral fiber to say YES?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So salvation is a reward to those who have enough moral fiber to say YES?
Calvinism is NOT a Cult!

If I believe the testimony of Jeremiah 17:9 when I hear it, does that mean that there was something inherently good in me? if that were so, to believe it would not be in the basis of reality.

No, I believe in it because the Holy Spirit convinced me of it through His testimony. I still had the option of rejecting that testimony over wanting to believe better of myself. But if I believe it, that in no way testifies of any goodness in me.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why keep responding at all? If you can't go through any of the Confessions we provided and at least explain a few things that you don't agree with FROM SCRIPTURE, then there is not point in responding, because it is plain for all to see that you cannot refute the truth.

Simply because you cannot defend trying to persuade others to your beliefs. Which means trying to persuade people to gladly accept they're going to hell and there is nothing they can do about.

That and it takes away hope from others when the gospel is the greatest message of hope this earth has ever seen.

You believe you are an elite who is going to heaven and you want to rub it inn everyone else face.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm starting to lose the thread...
My apologies, I’m trying to understand just by faith‘s reasoning. He says that the answer is always either yes or no, but the goats and MATTHEW seem to think they had said yes but the Lord says no so it’s not a definite yes or no that’s all in light of who the Lord chooses

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch 111 says;

1. Scriptures which reveal that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and that He is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world.

Answer = The entire world will be saved in the New Heavens and earth. Jesus truly is the savior of the world (Cosmos).

2. Scriptures which teach that since the whole human race is under condemnation, God commands all men everywhere to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and that all may be saved if all will obey the Gospel.

Answer = "Obey the gospel" = works = self salvation = acting = hypocrisy. The gospel is good news about salvation for all who believe. Good works naturally follow true faith.

3. Scripture which reveal that even though mankind is in a fallen condition (a) sinners can and do obey their conscience, and do righteous deeds as though the Law is written in their hearts, and (b) the power of the Gospel and the convicting and convincing power of the Holy Spirit are sufficient to bring men to Christ, following which they receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and are regenerated.

Answer = Jesus told Peter he was blessed because the Father gave him the revelation of Jesus' messiahship. Natural man cannot discern spiritual truth being spiritually dead.

4. Scriptures which teach that faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, and that saving faith is not a gift given to a select few, but can be generated in all human hearts.

Answer = Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit one must have before biblical faith can exist.

5. Scriptures which reveal that God invites "all the ends of the earth" to come to Him for salvation, and that no one is excluded and they exclude themselves by refusing to come.

Answer = Someone must believe (be saved according to Jesus) before they will come. People do not come to things they do not believe in.

Dance, little puppets , dance.

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apologies, I’m trying to understand just by faith‘s reasoning. He says that the answer is always either yes or no, but the goats and MATTHEW seem to think they had said yes but the Lord says no so it’s not a definite yes or no that’s all in light of who the Lord chooses

Mat 21:28, But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
Mat 21:29, He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
Mat 21:30, And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
Mat 21:31, Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
Mat 21:32, For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

The person who truly receives Christ will do the will of the Father. In v.32, the harlots and publicans believed and entered the kingdom before those who did not believe. So then, believing is the catalyst for salvation; and yes, there are those who give lip service who do not believe; however all those who truly believe will be obedient to the Lord.

Act 5:32, And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Rom 1:5, By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Rom 16:26, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Calvinists, what is the point and you preaching to those you believe were damned in God's lottery?

Yes, I have asked that often...but never had a satisfactory answer.

W A I T I N G......

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When conviction of sin occurs, and the call to repent is laid forth, every person has the option of repenting or of not repenting. Some may give lip service to repenting without actually repenting. Others may fight against the call of the Lord on their lives and yet, when all is said and done, they really believe and they obey the Lord in what He has called them to do.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvinists, what is the point and you preaching to those you believe were damned in God's lottery?

Wait, I thought you already knew everything that we who preach the true Gospel taught, right?

Here's the biblical answer:

God has instructed us to preach the Gospel; 1 Corinthians 9:16, so, it's according to obedience.

In addition it is because his elect are out there; 2 Timothy 2:8-10 and Acts 18:9-11. Take time to actually read these Scriptures and understand them and the Gospel. You really need to get into the Bible since you don't already know these truths.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait, I thought you already knew everything that we who preach the true Gospel taught, right?

Here's the biblical answer:

God has instructed us to preach the Gospel; 1 Corinthians 9:16, so, it's according to obedience.

In addition it is because his elect are out there; 2 Timothy 2:8-10 and Acts 18:9-11. Take time to actually read these Scriptures and understand them and the Gospel. You really need to get into the Bible since you don't already know these truths.
The gospel is that good news that CHRIST came to shed his blood cell that whoever came to him in repentance in repentance would be saved.

You preach some were created to be saved and some damned purely of the whim of God.

Most assuredly that is not good news for those chosen to be damned.

I have 58 years of study behind me. How much do you have?

You do not preach the gospel.

Reactions: justbyfaith