CALVINISM: The height of Spiritual depravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 10:17
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Only God can open the heart up to hear and receive his word into their spirit, then we have God given faith to believe, there is no faith without it manifesting in our hearts, there is was planted by Gods word his seed, there it will flourish and grow and accomplishes all that God wills.

A Born Again is in Gods Kingdom..one of the biggest Honour and Privilege anyone can receive.

So many do not understand that Gods word is Alive in Spirit..the carnal mind could NEVER understand this.

They sadly limit God .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In essence
Faith comes by hearing God speak to you.
You cannot hear God speak to you unless God gives you ears to hear God speak
Our faith then comes directly from God.
God speaks our faith into us by His word to us, from His spirit to our spirits, this is an active word of power into our very being. He communicates to us spiritually the message from His Spirit to our regenerated spirits the deep things of God
He does, I have a wonderful Living intimate relationship with God, via his Spirit, there is nothing like it on the planet....

We are his children and belong to him...some unfortunately get jealous of us being his children.

A Born Again has a very special relationship with God, as you well know...we are Alive in the Spirit...

Reactions: Scott Downey

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets explore a little how God gifts to us our faith.

More context

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:

“Their sound has gone out to all the earth,
And their words to the ends of the world.
*****************************************************************************************

They however still did not believe the report even though they heard the preaching, so it is MORE than just people preaching the message for how we get faith.

They had no ears to hear the message, having ears to hear is something God must gift to us.
********************************************************************************************

Matthew 11:15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Deuteronomy 29
2 Now Moses called all Israel and said to them: “You have seen all that the Lord did before your eyes in the land of Egypt, to Pharaoh and to all his servants and to all his land— 3 the great trials which your eyes have seen, the signs, and those great wonders. 4 Yet the Lord has not given you a heart to [a]perceive and eyes to see and ears to hear, to this very day.

Still they did not believe and Moses tell us why.
Now back to this

The Greek word for word is RHEMA, which means the spoken word. The other Greek word is LOGOS as in written word.

Rhema​

Despite the fact that Rhema was translated as “Word” in the Bible just like logos, it has a very different meaning. While logos is the written Word spoken in the past, rhema is the Word that God is speaking to us personally; it is the word burning in our hearts. Let us look at a few passages in the New Testament where the word rhema is used.

Jesus answered: It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word (rhema) that comes from the mouth of God.’ (Matthew 4:4)
First, that is a terribly tortured rendering of the words logos and rhema. But I will leave that for others to do their own research on it.

In essence
Faith comes by hearing God speak to you.
You cannot hear God speak to you unless God gives you ears to hear God speak
Our faith then comes directly from God.
God speaks our faith into us by His word to us, from His spirit to our spirits, this is an active word of power into our very being. He communicates to us spiritually the message from His Spirit to our regenerated spirits the deep things of God
My first inclination when I hear anyone claim to have been spoken to by God is to reject, almost out of hand, whatever it is that they think God said. If it were God's purpose that faith is to be a gift directly from Him, then the fact that some do not receive that gift of faith cannot be their fault, but rather God's fault. That you would even for a second think that God favored you and not that atheist neighbor down the street is egoism to the maximum. And that in itself is a reason to reject Calvin's soteriology. What could there possibly be more to brag about than thinking that God chose you in deference to that neighbor down the street. That would be so much better than an invitation to have dinner with the President, or the King of England, or your favorite author, musician, or whoever. Everyone brags about such invitations, and rightly so. There could be no more bragging rights than would be afforded by such a direct invitation by God. And yet Paul clearly admonishes against any such bragging, even though he specifically is concerned with works. I see little difference between bragging about being saved by works and bragging about a personal spoken invitation from God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As @Scott Downey posts...There are vessels of wrath fitted for destruction...only God knows who these are.

God knows all past, present and future events...

We are the blessed ones who know they are Born Again...I pray for those who are in confusion over this.that God brings them to the truth of his word.

You must be “ Born Again “ to see the Kingdom of God....for without the Spirit, we are none of His..period.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us consider this a little more, and see if we can convince you of your unscriptural saying that a Christian is not born again.
Good luck with that. There is not much chance you will succeed since it fairly clear that there is no understanding at all about what either being born again or being a Christian means.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First, that is a terribly tortured rendering of the words logos and rhema. But I will leave that for others to do their own research on it.

My first inclination when I hear anyone claim to have been spoken to by God is to reject, almost out of hand, whatever it is that they think God said. If it were God's purpose that faith is to be a gift directly from Him, then the fact that some do not receive that gift of faith cannot be their fault, but rather God's fault. That you would even for a second think that God favored you and not that atheist neighbor down the street is egoism to the maximum. And that in itself is a reason to reject Calvin's soteriology. What could there possibly be more to brag about than thinking that God chose you in deference to that neighbor down the street. That would be so much better than an invitation to have dinner with the President, or the King of England, or your favorite author, musician, or whoever. Everyone brags about such invitations, and rightly so. There could be no more bragging rights than would be afforded by such a direct invitation by God. And yet Paul clearly admonishes against any such bragging, even though he specifically is concerned with works. I see little difference between bragging about being saved by works and bragging about a personal spoken invitation from God.
We brag about God....not what our own human understanding is capable of, as you have explained in your post above.you lack spiritual understanding and I’ve been praying that you receive it..if it’s Gods will.

A Born Again Glorifies the Father and Jesus...we live, breath and sleep God.

We have a Living ,intimate relationship with God,via his Spirit.

Please prove Gods word wrong?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good luck with that. There is not much chance you will succeed since it fairly clear that there is no understanding at all about what either being born again or being a Christian means.
A Christian is not, repeat, not “ Born Again “ you do not speak Gods truth.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God chooses to whom He will show His mercy to save them, and not others.
And this is not dependent on the man whatsoever, your will is excluded. God's will is done

Romans 9
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” 16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

Romans 10
20 But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”

Luke 10

Jesus Rejoices in the Spirit​

21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 22 All[g] things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

23 Then He turned to His disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see; 24 for I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see what you see, and have not seen it, and to hear what you hear, and have not heard it.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Explain this scripture as of yet you haven’t..and I’ve posted it to you so many times.?

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And this is not dependent on the man whatsoever, your will is excluded. God's will is done
Amen! Amen! Amen!.....Praise God that he showed us his great mercy......it scares me silly looking back, to think I may have been a vessel of destruction.....phew!....Praise God I’m “ Born Again “....Praise Him all day every day...

That Jesus paid the price for our sins, when he died and was resurrected....

Reactions: Scott Downey

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If they continually reject His words, you cannot change their heart, do not be concerned. Since God knows all things, God declares from the beginning all things that occur to the ending. Nothing is unknown to God. Even the fall of man in the garden was ordained of God.

Psalm 139
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

Revelation 13:8
All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Psalm 139
1 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You [a]comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

5 You have [b]hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in [c]hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall [d]fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness [e]shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You [f]covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for [g]I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My [h]frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.
19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you [i]bloodthirsty men.
20 For they speak against You wickedly;
[j]Your enemies take Your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with [k]perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If they continually reject His words, you cannot change their heart, do not be concerned. Since God knows all things, God declares from the beginning all things that occur to the ending. Nothing is unknown to God. Even the fall of man in the garden was ordained of God.

Psalm 139

Revelation 13:8
All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Psalm 139
1 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You [a]comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

5 You have [b]hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in [c]hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall [d]fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness [e]shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You [f]covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for [g]I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My [h]frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.
19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you [i]bloodthirsty men.
20 For they speak against You wickedly;
[j]Your enemies take Your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with [k]perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.
Amen Brother!.....Praise God we are in his truth!!!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 9
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” 16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
There is so much wrong with Calvin's understanding of Romans 9. But regardless of what you think Romans 9 is all about, God clearly establishes the conditions for whom He will save and whom He will condemn; and it has nothing to do with speaking to anyone directly.

It is a bit ironic that you would think that faith would come through direct conversation from God. Such conversation would be proof to you of God and who and what He is. That would be absolutely knowledge received from God. No faith is even necessary in such a circumstance.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Bible Verses About A Relationship With God​

1. Luke 22:42​

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

2. Galatians 4:6​

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

3. Romans 8:15​

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

4. Isaiah 33:2​

O LORD, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.

5. Lamentations 3:25​

The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

6. Ephesians 3:12​

In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain this scripture as of yet you haven’t..and I’ve posted it to you so many times.?

Romans 8​

Why don't you start by explaining it. Then I will decide whether or not to bother showing where you are wrong.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For consider your calling...God has chosen....

30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

1 Corinthians 1

Christ the Power and Wisdom of God​

18 For the [g]message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the [h]disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a [i]stumbling block and to the [j]Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Glory Only in the Lord​

26 For [k]you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many [l]noble, are called. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the [m]base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 that no flesh should glory in His presence. 30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why don't you start by explaining it. Then I will decide whether or not to bother showing where you are wrong.
I already did...only you never answered...

This isn’t about your ego or pride, it’s about standing on God’s word, which I do.

Not whose right or wrong, as I have said, I pray that you reach maturity and spiritual understanding.

As of yet @JBO ..you have showed me no area of where “ Gods” word is wrong?

His word has shown you where your word is wrong?

A Christian is not Born Again...prove Gods word wrong?

Unfortunately you lack that spiritual understanding @JBO

John 3:7​

“Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.”

1 Corinthians 2
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Paul’s Message by the Spirit’s Power
1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5so that your faith would not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.
Spiritual Wisdom
(Ephesians 1:15–23)
6Among the mature, however, we speak a message of wisdom—but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we speak of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God,a which He destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it. For if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9Rather, as it is written:
“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no heart has imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love Him.”b
10But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him? So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.c
14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment. 16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?”d But we have the mind of Christ.

Last edited:

Red Baker

Jan 10, 2024
Easley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where it is scriptural that a Christian is Born Again.
It is so hard to argue with ignorance, especially so one that is spiritually void of certain truths, it is literally impossible, unless God intervenes and opens one's heart, eyes, and understanding. It's truly outside of our power to open one's heart, you are making me more convinced than ever before.

I never have said that a Christian is born again,~ what I have said, is all that are born again are Christians. I gave you the definition of the word Christian that all understand its meaning, yet you still bury your head in the sand like the dumb Ostrich whose brain are as big as a walnut and smaller than their eyes. They are not particularly intelligent ~ spiritually speaking I would not want to be compared to such a dumb creature......... God created them for our learning!

I ask you, show me where God says we must be a Christian to see the Kingdom of God?
I do not need to show you those exact words for that statement of yours is not necessarily true. Jesus said except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God~But, I can show you that no man can see the unadulterated truths of God's kingdom until he is first born of the Spirit of God and then be baptized into the faith, teachings, religion, of Jesus Christ as a committed follower of the same.
Because a “ Christian “ is “ NOT” Born Again!...
But, all born again, whose have the fruits of the Spirit in their life, gives scriptural evidence that their confession are marks of a true Christian~one that Paul almost persuaded king Agrippa to be.
Acts 26:28~“Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.”
Rita, what was Paul's response back to the king, do you remember?

So, I ask you what did Paul considered himself to be? Just as king Agrippa said....a Christian, he would have never used that phrase if Paul had not used it himself first to him!

The king was willing almost to be what Paul was....a Christian, a true followers of Jesus Christ. Shame on you for not wanting to be called by that glorious, precious name...Christian. God's word takes serious issues with your understanding on this subject. You need to rethink this again.

Your faith is dead without the Spirit, Gods word says, without the Spirit we are none of His.
This is true, but your straw man argument is avoiding the main issue. The rest of your post falls under this as well.