CALVINISM: The height of Spiritual depravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said in chapter 6 they cannot come to Jesus unless the Father draw them

And that is something the Lord is doing with ALL men...

Titus 2:11,12
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

So if you believe this verse as you wrote it here- you have to be a universalist.

Those that reject Jesus' words in John 12:32 are calling Him a liar

Absolutely! but onl;y the elect have that tasted death, applied to their account.

Classic calvin scripture twisting... your handlers did a very poor job training you in the ways of deception... seeing your sentence makes zero sense.

This has nothing to do with free will/predestination.

Those such as yourself that have had their understanding darkened by the devil's calvinism lies just cannot understand that God's will is that all be saved and He has made it possible for "whosoever will" to come to Him and receive salvation.

Sadly, since you believe God has decided to only save a few, YOU are probably one of the ones that He has decided to not save and He has only given you a false hope that you are saved when you really are not... this is something Spurgeon taught so...

I hope you get delivered from the false calvinist doctrine and actually believe God's Word really get born again some day! thumbsup2.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvinists believe that God hates them and the world.

I'm pretty sure they think God loves calvinists, but hates everyone else! laughing.gif

There was free will, and it was lost.
laughing2.gif
It's sad to see people listen to the lies of the devil like this... it's too bad for you!

Well seeing as I took Greek in bible College

Yeah, from a calvinist professor who built his false doctrine into your mind! clueless-doh.gif

one of those in the bible college at the same time I addended continued on to earn an M.Div. from Westminster Theological Seminary and a Ph.D. from Princeton Theological Seminary.

Two schools famous for teaching false doctrine! smile-grin12.gif

No wonder your beliefs are so screwed up!

screwy_in_st_louie.gif

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believed that God loves you, you would call on hm to save you, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Instead, you want to believe that God is a cruel, unjust, unrighteous tyrant that delights in sending people to hell before they are born. You would rather go to hell than to trust in him for your salvation.
I did call on HIm and placed my faith in the death burial and physical resurrection of Jesus to gain my salvation! that is what everyone who is a believer in Jesus must do.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I also took Greek in bible college, have Greek parsing guides and dictionary books and online tools and some of the renowned Greek scholars. I take your woeful accusations as irrelevant and inane. I admit that my college years were longer ago than I care to think about.

However, one of those in the bible college at the same time I addended continued on to earn an M.Div. from Westminster Theological Seminary and a Ph.D. from Princeton Theological Seminary. He, through the years since, has been a main stay for me in theology Though he passed away in 2022, I knew him personally and knew him to be deeply faithful Christian and a bible college professor and scholar in theoloogy and in Koine Greek. I trust him far above anything you might provide. And that is particularly significant given that Westminster Theological Seminary is predominately a Reformed Theology institution.
Well that is all wonderful, but what does this departed saint has to say about pro-ginosko?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is simply false. The doctrine of traducianism which you adhere to is simply false. God does not and would not impute the sin of one to another. To do so would be the grossest of injustice. God gave us an entire chapter in Ezekiel to dispute that false doctrine. And there are a number of other passages which thoroughly rebut that doctrine. We are sinners because we have sinned.
Can't say I adhere to it. for I have no clue what it means!

But as for placing my sin and making Jesus my sin?

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Reading the bible as written, Jesus became my sin, God punished Him in my place and now my righteousness is Him!

Traducianism - Wikipedia

In Christian theology, traducianism is a doctrine about the origin of the soul holding that this immaterial aspect is transmitted through natural generation along with the body, the material aspect of human beings. That is, human propagation is of the whole being, both material and immaterial aspects: an individual's

I think you better go back and read your terms. traducianism has nothing to do with God making someone else to be my sin and giving me their righteousness.

We are sinners because we are by nature sinners. We do not become sinners when we sin, we sin because we are by nature sinners!

Ephesians 2

King James Version

2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 12:32

King James Version

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

So you are a universalist.
I'm pretty sure they think God loves calvinists, but hates everyone else!
laughing.gif
Instead of opening mouth and inserting foot, maybe you should find out the facts of what "Calvinists" believe. I am a baptist.
It's sad to see people listen to the lies of the devil like this... it's too bad for you!
So you do not believe mankind is a slave to sin as it says in romans 6? Why don't you.
Yeah, from a calvinist professor who built his false doctrine into your mind!
clueless-doh.gif
Actually He was not a reformed teacher, He was a dispensationalist and not reformed. So He was not a Calvinist. Calvinists have free rent in your brain!
Classic calvin scripture twisting... your handlers did a very poor job training you in the ways of deception... seeing your sentence makes zero sense.
Well to a universalist, I can understand why it wouldn't make sense. It is the bible and universalists have vewered far away from SCripture in many places.
Those such as yourself that have had their understanding darkened by the devil's calvinism lies just cannot understand that God's will is that all be saved and He has made it possible for "whosoever will" to come to Him and receive salvation.
I have noticed that you love to rant and create strawmen like a juvenile and then refuse to back up your bearing false witness with anything approaching facts and evidence. Are you on this thread just to accuse and ot provide biblical support for your ad-hominems??????????????????????
Sadly, since you believe God has decided to only save a few, YOU are probably one of the ones that He has decided to not save and He has only given you a false hope that you are saved when you really are not... this is something Spurgeon taught so...
Now you are practicing spiritism and pretending to read my mind???????? WOW! But I trust the words of Jesus instead of big boy Johnson:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

why don't you believe jesus?
Two schools famous for teaching false doctrine!
smile-grin12.gif

No wonder your beliefs are so screwed up!
Wonderful to see you hack at someone who is on your side.

But I agree that both Westminster and Princeton are schools that in the late 1800"s went liberal and saw the Holy Spirit fly away! They were part of what has become known as the biblical schools of higher criticism.

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is simply false. The doctrine of traducianism which you adhere to is simply false. God does not and would not impute the sin of one to another. To do so would be the grossest of injustice. God gave us an entire chapter in Ezekiel to dispute that false doctrine. And there are a number of other passages which thoroughly rebut that doctrine. We are sinners because we have sinned.
Ezekiel 18 does not apply here. You are conflating (intentionally I think) two separate things.

In Ezekiel 18, God is angry at the idea of someone being held directly responsible for something their ancestor did. That much is obvious and undeniable and it completely crushes out of existence the doctrines of Original Sin and Total Depravity.

But that isn't what is happening at the Cross! God is not accusing Jesus of being guilty based on someone else's sin. Quite the reverse! It is precisely Christ's innocence that makes the whole thing work and why God (i.e. Jesus) was willing to do it.

The idea behind what is going on at the cross in all about justice. The penalty for sin is death and there is no remission of sin without the shedding of blood. "The shedding of blood" being a euphemism for "death". The problem God had was that there were millions and there was going to be billions of souls that need saving from an eternal Hell. The problem is of literally infinite magnitude and so God cannot simply create some new creature to use as the atoning sacrifice because the fact that they were created would mean, by definition, that they were finite and because such a creature, being created to be put to death would generate the same objection as is addressed in Ezekiel 18. Thus, it is God's own life which is the only coin noble enough to satisfy the debt; God's life is the only One of sufficient value to pay our ransom, which He CHOSE to pay VOLUNTARILY, which is the key difference that you gloss over by equating this with what God was talking about in Ezekiel 18 where people weren't choosing to pick up the guilt for and identify with their father's sin, it was just being thrust upon them ARBITRARILY.

Thus, there were two ingredientd that made Calvary work. The fact that an innocent someone volunteered to die and the fact that that someone was God Himself.

Take away either and the cross is either unjust, and therefore moot, or it's insufficient and again therefore moot.

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 18 does not apply here. You are conflating (intentionally I think) two separate things.

In Ezekiel 18, God is angry at the idea of someone being held directly responsible for something their ancestor did. That much is obvious and undeniable and it completely crushes out of existence the doctrines of Original Sin and Total Depravity.

But that isn't what is happening at the Cross! God is not accusing Jesus of being guilty based on someone else's sin. Quite the reverse! It is precisely Christ's innocence that makes the whole thing work and why God (i.e. Jesus) was willing to do it.
And that is really all that I had in mind; I was not addressing anything relative to the efficacy of the cross. . Traducianism is the belief that our spirits come not from God but through our parents at birth and carry the stigma of our parents fallen condition over to us, thus making us sinners from birth. That is simply not true.
The idea behind what is going on at the cross in all about justice. The penalty for sin is death and there is no remission of sin without the shedding of blood. "The shedding of blood" being a euphemism for "death". The problem God had was that there were millions and there was going to be billions of souls that need saving from an eternal Hell. The problem is of literally infinite magnitude and so God cannot simply create some new creature to use as the atoning sacrifice because the fact that they were created would mean, by definition, that they were finite and because such a creature, being created to be put to death would generate the same objection as is addressed in Ezekiel 18. Thus, it is God's own life which is the only coin noble enough to satisfy the debt; God's life is the only One of sufficient value to pay our ransom, which He CHOSE to pay VOLUNTARILY, which is the key difference that you gloss over by equating this with what God was talking about in Ezekiel 18 where people weren't choosing to pick up the guilt for and identify with their father's sin, it was just being thrust upon them ARBITRARILY.

Thus, there were two ingredientd that made Calvary work. The fact that an innocent someone volunteered to die and the fact that that someone was God Himself.

Take away either and the cross is either unjust, and therefore moot, or it's insufficient and again therefore moot.
But in relation to Jesus, it gets rid of all the falderal of trying to explain why Jesus was not a born sinner like the rest of humanity in the doctrine of traducianism.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GOD predetermined JESUS WOULD BE the CURE unto all who do BELIEVE .
That was what was pre determined .
You see , JESUS did not weep over jersualem and say , HOW often would i have gathered you
only YOU WERE PRE DETERMINED TO REJECT ME . NO HE SAID ONLY YE WOULD NOT . YE WOULD NOT .
and how often through the prophets did GOD warn the wicked and say
WHY WILL YE DIE . I DO NOT DESIRE YOUR DEATH , the death of the wicked but rather YE REPENT .
NOTICE again HE DID NOT SAY to them , OH YE WERE PRE DETERMINED TO DIE . NO HE SAID I HAVE NO DESIRE IN THE DEATH
o the wicked but rather they REPENT . Calvin is a pharce . Just a super friendly reminder to all
who have ears to hear and eyes to see .
Jesus weeping over Jerusalem does not negate Calvinism. What it shows is the sinful nature of all men that refuse God's commands again and again.
It actually shows that men will not come to Christ on their own unless God draws them.
And all that God draws to Christ get saved.
John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 15 also expresses the same feeling God has that Christ spoke of all those who refuse to believe and be saved as their hearts are far from Him.

7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people [a]draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Jesus Predicts His Death on the Cross​

John 12

27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”

Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”

29 Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”

30 Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake. 31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am [e]lifted up from the earth, (as in crucified on a wooden cross) will draw all peoples to Myself.” 33 This He said, signifying by what death He would die.
**************************************************************************************************************

v32 does not mean universal salvation as in all people Christ draws. When Christ died and rose again, all authority in Heaven and Earth God gave Him.

Christ is now the one doing the drawing of all peoples who will come to Christ.

Worth reading of course below

excerpt
The clearest verse on God’s drawing to salvation is John 6:44 where Jesus declares that “no one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.” The Greek word translated “draw” is helkuo, which means “to drag” (literally or figuratively). Clearly, this drawing is a one-sided affair. God does the drawing to salvation; we who are drawn have a passive role in the process. There is no doubt that we respond to His drawing us, but the drawing itself is all on His part.

Helkuo is used in John 21:6 to refer to a heavy net full of fish being dragged to the shore. In John 18:10 we see Peter drawing his sword, and in Acts 16:19 helkuo is used to describe Paul and Silas being dragged into the marketplace before the rulers. Clearly, the net had no part in its being drawn to the shore, Peter’s sword had no part in being drawn, and Paul and Silas did not drag themselves to the marketplace. The same can be said of God’s drawing of some to salvation. Some come willingly, and some are dragged unwillingly, but all eventually come, although we have no part in the drawing.

Why does God need to draw us to salvation? Simply put, if He didn’t, we would never come. Jesus explains that no man can come unless the Father draws him (John 6:65). The natural man has no ability to come to God, nor does he even have the desire to come. Because his heart is hard and his mind is darkened, the unregenerate person doesn’t desire God and is actually an enemy of God (Romans 5:10). When Jesus says that no man can come without God’s drawing him, He is making a statement about the total depravity of the sinner and the universality of that condition. So darkened is the unsaved person’s heart that he doesn’t even realize it: “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9). Therefore, it is only by the merciful and gracious drawing of God that we are saved. In the conversion of the sinner, God enlightens the mind (Ephesians 1:18), inclines the will toward Himself, and influences the soul, without which influence the soul remains darkened and rebellious against God. All of this is involved in the drawing process.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus Predicts His Death on the Cross​

John 12

27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”

Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”

29 Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”

30 Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake. 31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am [e]lifted up from the earth, (as in crucified on a wooden cross) will draw all peoples to Myself.” 33 This He said, signifying by what death He would die.
**************************************************************************************************************

v32 does not mean universal salvation as in all people Christ draws. When Christ died and rose again, all authority in Heaven and Earth God gave Him.

Christ is now the one doing the drawing of all peoples who will come to Christ.

Worth reading of course below

excerpt
The clearest verse on God’s drawing to salvation is John 6:44 where Jesus declares that “no one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.” The Greek word translated “draw” is helkuo, which means “to drag” (literally or figuratively). Clearly, this drawing is a one-sided affair. God does the drawing to salvation; we who are drawn have a passive role in the process. There is no doubt that we respond to His drawing us, but the drawing itself is all on His part.

Helkuo is used in John 21:6 to refer to a heavy net full of fish being dragged to the shore. In John 18:10 we see Peter drawing his sword, and in Acts 16:19 helkuo is used to describe Paul and Silas being dragged into the marketplace before the rulers. Clearly, the net had no part in its being drawn to the shore, Peter’s sword had no part in being drawn, and Paul and Silas did not drag themselves to the marketplace. The same can be said of God’s drawing of some to salvation. Some come willingly, and some are dragged unwillingly, but all eventually come, although we have no part in the drawing.

Why does God need to draw us to salvation? Simply put, if He didn’t, we would never come. Jesus explains that no man can come unless the Father draws him (John 6:65). The natural man has no ability to come to God, nor does he even have the desire to come. Because his heart is hard and his mind is darkened, the unregenerate person doesn’t desire God and is actually an enemy of God (Romans 5:10). When Jesus says that no man can come without God’s drawing him, He is making a statement about the total depravity of the sinner and the universality of that condition. So darkened is the unsaved person’s heart that he doesn’t even realize it: “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9). Therefore, it is only by the merciful and gracious drawing of God that we are saved. In the conversion of the sinner, God enlightens the mind (Ephesians 1:18), inclines the will toward Himself, and influences the soul, without which influence the soul remains darkened and rebellious against God. All of this is involved in the drawing process.
People come to Christ by hearing and believing the Gospel.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews came to Christ because they heard and believed Peter's Gospel, Acts 2:41 also Acts4:4.

Paul said, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus weeping over Jerusalem does not negate Calvinism. What it shows is the sinful nature of all men that refuse God's commands again and again.
It actually shows that men will not come to Christ on their own unless God draws them.
And all that God draws to Christ get saved.
John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 15 also expresses the same feeling God has that Christ spoke of all those who refuse to believe and be saved as their hearts are far from Him.

7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people [a]draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”
The true question that must truly be asked of all is this
WHAT JESUS are we serving , what JESUS has one come unto . What JESUS do they embrace .
You see i see lots of doctrines these days . AND it sure seemeth that they contradict and twist and even omit
SOME of JESUS own teachings . WHICH means IT AINT COMING FROM JESUS , GOD or the SPIRIT .
SO rather than debating day in and day out over certain teachers . I SAY ITS TIME WE ALL TAKE
the DO I LOVE JESUS AND ALL HIS SAYINGS TEST . But beware FOR MANY GONNA FAIL this test .
I have given it before years back . AND ALL who took it FAILED IT . but that is why they all often
clung to certain precepts and docgtrines of men , OF schoo;ls of theologies and greek definitions .
YOU SEE they NEVER LOVED JESUS my friend , Just the men who twisted things to suit THEIR OWN EARS .
WHOSE UP FOR THE DO I TRULY LOVE JESUS CHRIST test .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be warned in advance , this test of DO I LOVE JESUS wont be coming from the pulpits
IT WILL BE COMING FROM THE BIBLE . This is why so many often fail it and do so MISERABLEY .
How bout we get our behinds back in that bible and learn THAT JESUS , THAT DOCTRINE for US SELVES . sorry bout the last word
perhaps it should have said OURSELVES .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Who Has Believed Our Report?​

John 12.... GOD ONLY wants people saved on His terms...not on ours.
So that this remains true as Paul said in Romans 9 which you can plainly read yourself if you care.

10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac
11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, “The older shall serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”

So God Blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts lest they repent and be healed. God blinded them so they could not believe.
This is for the GLORY of GOD, that they God Blinded, so they would not believe in Christ.

GOD CHOSE NOT to REVEAL HIMSELF AND HIS TRUTH TO THEM. And they did not therefore believe in Christ and of course their sins then were not forgiven them.

37 But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, 38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke:

“Lord, who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:

40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts,
Lest they should see with their eyes,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.”
41 These things Isaiah said [f]when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be warned in advance , this test of DO I LOVE JESUS wont be coming from the pulpits
IT WILL BE COMING FROM THE BIBLE . This is why so many often fail it and do so MISERABLEY .
How bout we get our behinds back in that bible and learn THAT JESUS , THAT DOCTRINE for US SELVES . sorry bout the last word
perhaps it should have said OURSELVES .
A lot of people confess that they love Jesus, but when they are confronted with the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ that is not the Jesus that they love.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And God still makes those same choices and decisions today regarding all peoples.
Some He blinds and others He causes to see and understand. Christ has come and given 'US' an understanding to know Him who is true, that is Jesus Christ. But God has not given to others that understanding. That is why some believed the message of the gospel and others did not believe.

1 John 5:19-21
New King James Version

19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

So you are a universalist.

First off... Jesus Christ is the One Who said this so you are offended at His sayings.

Secondly, if you could read and understand what it is you are reading... you would note that Jesus is not saying all men will be saved... He is simply saying He will "draw" all men unto Himself.

Men have the ability to choose to ignore then Lord and remain lost which is what those that are offended at His says do.

So you do not believe mankind is a slave to sin as it says in romans 6? Why don't you.

I never even addressed this at all.

Jesus said unless a man is born again he shall not inherit the Kingdom in John 3:3 so Jesus is clearly not in opposition to Romans 6

I am a baptist.

Sorry to hear you have been infected.

I'm a Christian! Maybe you can become one some day!

Calvinists have free rent in your brain!
laughing2.gif
Comedy hour has begun!

That was hilarious... keep 'em coming! laughing7.gif

Well to a universalist, I can understand why it wouldn't make sense. It is the bible and universalists have vewered far away from SCripture in many places.
laughing13.gif
None of my posts advocate that the false doctrine of universalism is true... but I'm glad you are enjoying your fantasies.

I have noticed that you love to rant and create strawmen like a juvenile and then refuse to back up your bearing false witness with anything approaching facts and evidence. Are you on this thread just to accuse and ot provide biblical support for your ad-hominems

Right out of the baby killin liberal pervert's play book!

You have a bright future as a democrat politician. agree.gif

why don't you believe jesus?

You're the calvinist / baptist in the crowd... spewing false doctrines.

But I agree that both Westminster and Princeton are schools that in the late 1800"s went liberal and saw the Holy Spirit fly away! They were part of what has become known as the biblical schools of higher criticism.

So you willingly follow your professors that engage in this false doctrines... that's slow man. hello.gif

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is something the Lord is doing with ALL men...

Titus 2:11,12
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

I hope you get delivered from the false calvinist doctrine and actually believe God's Word really get born again some day! View attachment 41724
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promises, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering towards us, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promises, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering towards us, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9.

Yep, that's one of the scriptures that prove limited atonement is fake news.