Calvinism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually dead. But alive according to the flesh....if there is a heartbeat and some brain activity that is.

Yeah...spiritually dead, you just admitted it. The flesh is hostile towards God too, not any better.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah...spiritually dead, you just admitted it. The flesh is hostile towards God too, not any better.

You are adding that in...even the spiritually dead can do some things right. Like the children that eat the crumbs that fall from the table of the saints. Jesus liked that response...from a dead woman. Jesus said she had great faith...being dead and all.

Remember....fire and heat.

But it seems you don't understand spiritual things anyway.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dead isn't hostile...unless you have seen too many zombie movies. Or Dracula movies if you are older.

Dead means not in the spiritual game. But there is a lower righteousness that God still honours.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are adding that in...even the spiritually dead can do some things right. Like the children that eat the crumbs that fall from the table of the saints. Jesus liked that response...from a dead woman. Jesus said she had great faith...being dead and all.

Remember....fire and heat.

But it seems you don't understand spiritual things anyway.

She acknowledged Jesus as Lord and knew her hope was in Him alone and that He alone could help, Amen and glory to that!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead isn't hostile...unless you have seen too many zombie movies. Or Dracula movies if you are older.

Dead means not in the spiritual game. But there is a lower righteousness that God still honours.

Man has a lower righteousness that God honors in our fallen condition? If it is our righteousness then wouldn't that be a merit we could boast in?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fit like a glove there and know several people as well. Never fit in at the other although there are several brothers and sisters there that I miss and are still in touch with. I left on very good terms with the pastor and will continue to support them in what way I can.
I'm glad for you!
This is actually a very well written piece. The author spells out their thoughts, vey logical and reasonable, but refuse the temptation to trash talk other people. I wish more pieces could be of this quality.

Personally, I find Arminianism vs Calvinism to be the largest theological splits in Christendom, and each view has has great implications on the character of God. Still, we can love each other, and continue to shout "Joy to the World" as brothers & sisters in Christ.

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Man has a lower righteousness that God honors in our fallen condition?

I knew you didn't understand spiritual things? So what's the point of being a Calvinist?

A judgmental non-spiritual judge of others?

And the fire I have been describing. Do you think heretics should be burned? At least in effigy? What about the pointy hats?

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew you didn't understand spiritual things? So what's the point of being a Calvinist?

A judgmental non-spiritual judge of others?

And the fire I have been describing. Do you think heretics should be burned? At least in effigy? What about the pointy hats?

I was just asking a question and apparently you can't/won't answer. You can avoid it by calling me a "judgmental non-spiritual judge", that's fine. I guess you're just too high and mighty for me to be on your level ;)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was just asking a question and apparently you can't/won't answer. You can avoid it by calling me a "judgmental non-spiritual judge", that's fine. I guess you're just too high and mighty for me to be on your level ;)

You are the one claiming that people are dead. You are just reading yourself into my words.

And I am telling you the truth about being spiritual.

If you said you were a baseball player and didn't know what an RBI is....wouldn't I have caught you stealing base?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Spiritual things are foolish to the natural man.

If a person has walked in the Spirit...they know that it is another dimension...with it's own laws. The law of life IN Christ.

So then a person would not try to compare themselves with someone who never walked there....if he was indeed spiritual. He would understand their weakness and difficulty to understand...as you are presently exhibiting.

Very easy to discern.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one claiming that people are dead. You are just reading yourself into my words.

And I am telling you the truth about being spiritual.

If you said you were a baseball player and didn't know what an RBI is....wouldn't I have caught you stealing base?

All of mankind is fallen, that is a fact. We all have a sin nature and are dead in sin. (Eph. 2:1)
RBI = Run Batted In, and every baseball player would know what an RBI is because they know the game and train. Believers need to train themselves in the Word and know the Word

By the way, go Red Sox

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will share a short, simple article in which my beliefs on the subject of Calvinism are firmly cemented. So, that said, I hope this thread can be maturely, humbly, and respectfully discussed. Replies are all welcome I just ask that if things get nasty-PLEASE take it to P.M.?
*bumping this up from the OP*

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All of mankind is fallen, that is a fact. We all have a sin nature and are dead in sin. (Eph. 2:1)
RBI = Run Batted In, and every baseball player would know what an RBI is because they know the game and train. Believers need to train themselves in the Word and know the Word

But that's my point. And good baseball answer! ;)

Before a believer judges a non-believer...he needs to look at their individual case. Even then...a word from the Lord is needed...a word of knowledge.

So then a blanket judgment based on a half-baked human religious opinion...just doesn't make the team. You may need a pinch hitter soon!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that's my point. And good baseball answer! ;)

Before a believer judges a non-believer...he needs to look at their individual case. Even then...a word from the Lord is needed...a word of knowledge.

So then a blanket judgment based on a half-baked human religious opinion...just doesn't make the team. You may need a pinch hitter soon!

The Word of God is a homerun every time. The Word is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword. I do not believe it is a wrong judgment when you're stating a fact. I will always stand by the fact that man is evil and all our "good" works are nothing but rags to God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Word of God is a homerun every time. The Word is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword. I do not believe it is a wrong judgment when you're stating a fact. I will always stand by the fact that man is evil and all our "good" works are nothing but rags to God.

You are missing the point of comparison....between realms. Nothing here has any value to God.....UNLESS God accepts it.

So while people are going around trying to accept God...who doesn't need accepting...people are missing out on God accepting people.

The kingdom is upside down to this world. But religion denies this.