Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe you've read the book. You're offering blurbs, not content. Are you acting like you've read the book? I believe that's what you're doing, your hatred would never allow you to read the book or acknowledge its truth or documentible facts. You're scared of the truth, being exposed and will not read it.

I already stated that I read the first couple pages, and those 2 pages had enough hate to fill a dozen books.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Sin is sin" is another of Calvinist ignorant statements. 1 John 5:16-17 shows 2 different types.

Only those who have to openly confess sins are those who have never been born again of the Spirit, so you don't commit sins to confess.

Yes... a sin not unto death. All sins covered by the blood of Jesus Christ, though they are wrong and heinous acts, are nevertheless not unto death, which Christ paid for.

So, what's your point? This doesn't prove you're perfect; "All unrighteousness is sin."
So, hook or crook you sinned and are therefore not perfect.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Sin is sin" is another of Calvinist ignorant statements. 1 John 5:16-17 shows 2 different types.

Only those who have to openly confess sins are those who have never been born again of the Spirit, so you don't commit sins to confess.
Just in case you missed John's wording there...…. He plainly said there is only ONE "sin unto death." And that one single sin is blaspheming The Holy Spirit. (That basically means not accepting Christ.)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes... a sin not unto death. All sins covered by the blood of Jesus Christ, though they are wrong and heinous acts, are nevertheless not unto death, which Christ paid for.

So, what's your point? This doesn't prove you're perfect; "All unrighteousness is sin."
So, hook or crook you sinned and are therefore not perfect.

Yes, I committed a trespass against you, but not a lie. I just hurt your feelings. But if you do not forgive me, neither will Jesus forgive you the trespasses you are now committing against me.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just in case you missed John's wording there...…. He plainly said there is only ONE "sin unto death." And that one single sin is blaspheming The Holy Spirit. (That basically means not accepting Christ.)

Look at the Old Testament our "schoolmaster." It specifies what are sins unto death, and sins NOT unto death. That was before the giving of the Holy Spirit, and 1 John 3:4 tells us what are sins unto death. Lawlessness. That is willful sins against the laws of God.

It says, "There is sin leading to death." Not, a or one sin unto death.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you think sin unto death actually means? Curious...

Reactions: Mjh29

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I committed a trespass against you, but not a lie. I just hurt your feelings. But if you do not forgive me, neither will Jesus forgive you the trespasses you are now committing against me.

Still... means you ain't perfect. Trespasses are sins.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The more you try to teach the more you show you don't know the truth or understand the Gospel. Looking forward to your future posts in hopes that you'll come to the knowledge of the truth and full repentance.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For @CharismaticLady. You've misused 1 John 1:9 and have attributed this passage as an evangelistic outreach to the lost, taking it completely out of context.

That's not its intent.

The epistle in all of its context is to current believers and believers contemporaneous to John.

In verse 9 the word "we" includes not only believers, but the apostle John as well.

But, you cannot accept this because in your tradition you've concluded your own opinions and will not allow the word to correct you. Instead you project your errors into scripture and twist its meaning.

Last edited:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already stated that I read the first couple pages, and those 2 pages had enough hate to fill a dozen books.

2 pages?!?

I've read more than 2 pages of the likes of Finney and Darwin! You can't judge an entire book based on 2 pages!!!

unless you come at it with hate in your heart! Do you hate John MacArthur?

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thread is seemingly becoming he said/she said...

It is... and she said she's perfect. Which is why we need to hash this out; claiming one's self to be perfect is; to put it mildly, an extremely dangerous thing.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 pages?!?

I've read more than 2 pages of the likes of Finney and Darwin! You can't judge an entire book based on 2 pages!!!

unless you come at it with hate in your heart! Do you hate John MacArthur?
I agree. If on page 3 he said "just kidding, I know we don't judge servants of Another and you folks are not under my charge" we'd never know if we stopped on page 2.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When I pick up a "Christian Author's" book, I go to the list of referenced verses at the back of the book, and check out what the author has to say about my "proof texts," that I use to judge whether or not I should purchase the book or not. If their understanding of my proof texts does not match my understanding of those same texts, then I quietly put the book down again and will not buy the book to read.

A friend of mine wrote a book on the end times and gave me a copy to read. Within the first couple of pages, I knew that his book was based on the fallible English translations and not on God's prophetic words as found in the original source texts which were used to generate the various English Translations that he used as his justification texts for his expressed understanding about what he wrote about on the End Times. People love his book because it is so easy to read, but they have not taken the time to verify the claims about the end times that my friend has made.

Now I have attempted to have a discussion on his book, about the errors, as I perceived them, with him in an attempt to resolve our differences, but to date he has refused to have that discussion with me. When he would not enter into a discussion on his book with me, I stopped reading his book as there was nothing to be gained for me by finishing the book.

After reading David Taylors posts, I feel the same way. He has a particular axe to grind and will not enter into a conversation where he can justify his views and understanding. So for me it is best to simply pass over his posts and ignore them. Becoming frustrated by his conversation style is not good for my health, either physically or spiritually.

Shalom

Reactions: John Caldwell

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm presently reading John Calvin's Institutes for the third time. (Of which I find little in common) I don't understand the reluctance to read opposing views. Just rants, and attacks, I can understand not wanting to read, but not just other opinions. (I would still be stuck way back there 40 years ago in the CoC if I refused to read other views.)

Which is one reason I have NEVER put anyone but a couple of trolls on IGNORE.

Reactions: John Caldwell

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm presently reading John Calvin's Institutes for the third time. (Of which I find little in common) I don't understand the reluctance to read opposing views. Just rants, and attacks, I can understand not wanting to read, but not just other opinions. (I would still be stuck way back there 40 years ago in the CoC if I refused to read other views.)

Which is one reason I have NEVER put anyone but a couple of trolls on IGNORE.
Also, we do not have to read as if the author is an authority.

One of the most sinful ideas I have encountered is that God gave us the authors the speaker agrees with as teachers while all others are false.

I do not completely agree with Wesley, Piper, J.I. Packer, Karl Barth, Søren Kierkegaard, N. T. Wright......and more. They are just men God used. They are imperfect. But I can consider what their works and realize they may actually have something relevant to say.

If anything I can learn from their observations if not for their conclusions.

Reactions: Willie T