Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 pages?!?

I've read more than 2 pages of the likes of Finney and Darwin! You can't judge an entire book based on 2 pages!!!

unless you come at it with hate in your heart! Do you hate John MacArthur?
I was about to go grab my copy and read the first two pages to see what the issue is. Perhaps I will tomorrow, yet the thing is there are huge doubts she's really read it or even has or had a copy.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just in case you missed John's wording there...…. He plainly said there is only ONE "sin unto death." And that one single sin is blaspheming The Holy Spirit. (That basically means not accepting Christ.)

I want to point out one more thing that refutes this long held belief in the Church that you mentioned. A "brother" has already accepted Christ, so it cannot be those who don't accept Christ. So it is something that a Christian does rebelliously. That is where Hebrews 10:26-31 comes in. A sin unto death is a willful sin, but willful against a law of God, like one of the moral commandments. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is also attributing to Satan something of God. Like the gifts of the Holy Spirit, or a true doctrine that someone calls a heresy.

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have somethi

I was about to go grab my copy and read the first two pages to see what the issue is. Perhaps I will tomorrow, yet the thing is there are huge doubts she's really read it or even has or had a copy.

So you are calling me a liar? Hmmmm (pot calling kettle). I have all of JM's books he writes against Charismatics, and also others. JM has called out my pastor by name in them, yet pretends to be his "friend."

And to prove you are bearing false witness in saying I don't have a copy of the book, here are the first three words of the Introduction. (Nadab and Abihu). Here are the first three words of Chapter one (An editorial column). The first three words of page 139 (was not the). The first three words of page 237 (but this is). The first three words of page 279 in the Notes (implying that unless). The last five words of the book on page 248 (strange fire of false spirituality.)

Last edited:
Reactions: John Caldwell

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to point out one more thing that refutes this long held belief in the Church that you mentioned. A "brother" has already accepted Christ, so it cannot be those who don't accept Christ. So it is something that a Christian does rebelliously. That is where Hebrews 10:26-31 comes in. A sin unto death is a willful sin, but willful against a law of God, like one of the moral commandments. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is also attributing to Satan something of God. Like the gifts of the Holy Spirit, or a true doctrine that someone calls a heresy.

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

No, that is not what it is talking about. A sin unto death is the last straw. Like annanias and sapphira, God, at some point, may take you out of this world. You cannot lose your salvation.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not what it is talking about. A sin unto death is the last straw. Like annanias and sapphira, God, at some point, may take you out of this world. You cannot lose your salvation.

So you believe Ananias and Sapphira are in heaven?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why not? They were saved (justified) by grace through faith. They brought upon themselves premature physical death through their own folly, but that did not cancel their salvation. Why? Because salvation is God's free gift to the one who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not? They were saved (justified) by grace through faith. They brought upon themselves premature physical death through their own folly, but that did not cancel their salvation. Why? Because salvation is God's free gift to the one who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.

I know that is what your teachers tell you, but it isn't true.

9 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Reactions: Giuliano

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God has not made you the judge over the eternal destiny of others. And obviously you do not know what the Bible teaches regarding the sin unto death. Let me know if you want Bible truth about this matter.

Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has not made you the judge over the eternal destiny of others. And obviously you do not know what the Bible teaches regarding the sin unto death. Let me know if you want Bible truth about this matter.

I do have Scriptural proof, but Enoch, I'm always interested in what you have to offer. :) Believe it or not, there was one poster that got me to change my mind. LOL

BTW, so you believe Judas is also in heaven? Even though Jesus called him a devil? cc: @David Taylor

I'll read it later if I get up in the night. Good night for now.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look closely at what these two did, they attributed the works of this sold property to the Holy Spirit while in fact it was not,due to the fact satan in them was withholding.
This in my opinion would be the same as me standing before the congregation of the Lord stating I’m in some kind of glory cloud alleging I’m slaying in the spirit, when the truth is it’s satan wanting attention, merely energy of the flesh, that will not inherit.

Tread lightly!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I imagine all of us have heard the old saying, "Perception is everything." But, I submit that it could be more accurately said, "Your perception is your everything."
(Just a little something to put in your "Humm"… box.)

For sure Willie,
It's our "world view" that is skewed when we perceive things through the way of the world. This, to me anyhow, is where we are to continually renew our minds to the ways of God...so many Church's today are operating from that worldly standpoint, light's, fake smoke and "Christian Rock" being played and passed off as worship. It's empty as most all of the songs played in Churchs today put the person at the center and not God. The lyrics are mostly about what He can do for US. Way too many I's me's and my's in them...to me it takes God and the worship due Him out of the equation. It seems that reverence has left the building! Not that every Christian song is like that today but, seems that most are. JMHO :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For sure Willie,
It's our "world view" that is skewed when we perceive things through the way of the world. This, to me anyhow, is where we are to continually renew our minds to the ways of God...so many Church's today are operating from that worldly standpoint, light's, fake smoke and "Christian Rock" being played and passed off as worship. It's empty as most all of the songs played in Churchs today put the person at the center and not God. The lyrics are mostly about what He can do for US. Way too many I's me's and my's in them...to me it takes God and the worship due Him out of the equation. It seems that reverence has left the building! Not that every Christian song is like that today but, seems that most are. JMHO :)
You do understand, don't you, that if the Believers of Jesus' day heard one of our GREAT GRAND PARENT's worship songs.... (that WE consider so Holy) they would probably condemn "that sacrilegious worldly racket" with the same kind of words you just used?

Reactions: John Caldwell

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do understand, don't you, that if the Believers of Jesus' day heard one of our GREAT GRAND PARENT's worship songs.... (that WE consider so Holy) they would probably condemn "that sacrilegious worldly racket" with the same kind of words you just used?

Not if God is at the center of the worship song, drawing our attention to Him and Him only.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

9 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
And again you take things out of context. Typical. So by your standard we all go to Hell. Nobody is saved.