Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:3 KJV
[3] And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
How do charismatics see this scripture?

Tecarta Bible

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[3] And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Tecarta Bible
Probably about like this:
Warning about False Teachers
1. In the past there arose false prophets among God’s people, just as there will continue to be false teachers who will secretly infiltrate in your midst to divide you, bringing with them their destructive heresies. They will even deny the Master, who paid the price for them, bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow immoral lifestyles. Because of these corrupt false teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 They are only out for themselves,ready to exploit you for their own gain through their cunning arguments. Their condemnation has been a long time coming. But their destruction does not slumber or sit idly by, for it is sure to come.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no need to compare apples and oranges. Judas was called a devil and the Son of Perdition. Which means he was eternally damned.

Ananias and Sapphira were genuine Christians who brought premature death upon themselves. That is why John speaks about a *brother* who sins and is subject to the sin unto death. And Paul speaks of those who *sleep* (die in Christ) prematurely because they bring judgment and chastening upon themselves (1 Cor 11) by eating unworthily at the Lord's Supper.

I do not believe the same as you on sins unto death, but I'm glad we agree on Judas.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He asked a question which is... literally the opposite of a statement. Are you even reading his responses may I ask? He asks you a question, and you respond that he's making a statement?!?

Or do you just not want to answer? If not I'd rather you just admit that you don't want to answer the question than claim that a question is a statement; it makes it very hard to take anything you say seriously!

I am seriously thinking he is nothing but an internet troll. Have you ever seen him respond with anything but statements which he doesn't prove by Scripture? I'm about ready to put him on ignore.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement here is the very thing I struggle with about the Charismatic Movement, I see many claiming healing and glory clouds, spirit slaying, but it all appears to be acting only. When Jesus healed withered hands were restored before men’s eyes, people lame from birth lept , people blind could literally see now.
Where’s the proof?
And I’ve witnessed this modern performance, and I’m concerned, because the definition for hypocrites is actors.
I personally know many charismatics.

I commanded healing of a paralyzed dog that would need a $5000 operation to fix. He walked the next day. But that is just my word, which you are programed to not believe.

Reactions: Willie T

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tecarta Bible

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

The heresy that Jesus does not give us power to not sin is Calvinism.