Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing as though Hell is a Spiritual place, I do not think that we can actually place it in any specific location. It's much like Heaven; it's somewhere beyond time and space. So, I would say that there is no real way of knowing. The Scriptures don't really say much about it, so I cannot give any more than a "we don't really know". Sorry I wasn't more of a help!
Sorry I was posting at the same time.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow... you really are reduced to nothing more than crude, 2 year old remarks and memes, aren't you? You refuse to deal with the passages of Scripture because, instead of actually studying your Bible, you've dedicated your time to this "Christian Hate" crusade. You mock Calvinism and you don't know why, and are don't bat an eye that you have so much hate in your heart yet call yourself a Christian!

Put that on a meme.... maybe then you'd actually read it.

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is why 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are those who still have never been born again of the Spirit, because they have never Repented and received the Spirit/Truth.
1 John 1:8-9. 'If we say that we have [present tense] no sin, we deceive [present tense] ourselves and the truth is [present tense] not in us. If we confess [present tense] our sins, He is [present tense] faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.'
The use of 'we' and 'us' shows that John is associating himself with the recipients of his letter. The Present Tense in Greek denotes continuity. The implications of that are rather obvious.
In 1 Timothy 1:15, Paul calls himself the 'chief of sinners' and, like John uses the Present Tense.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow... you really are reduced to nothing more than crude, 2 year old remarks and memes, aren't you? You refuse to deal with the passages of Scripture because, instead of actually studying your Bible, you've dedicated your time to this "Christian Hate" crusade. You mock Calvinism and you don't know why, and are don't bat an eye that you have so much hate in your heart yet call yourself a Christian!

hqdefault.jpg

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1).

I meant Calvinists cannot defend their view with Scripture ( @David Taylor voiced this when he said that was not how theology works). Many cults affirm Scripture, but fail to produce actual passages proving their doctrines (using the real meaning here....their "teachings").

There is a reason Calvinists tend to respond with gifs and memes. :rolleyes:
I have never responded with a gif or meme and please put in context when I said that is not how theology works. Otherwise this is just slander.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a reason Calvinists tend to respond with gifs and memes. :rolleyes:

Ya dodge the question. Anyone reading this knows what you are doing. It is plan as day. I am direct, focused, and to the point.
When does your god predestine people to hell? Is it your free-will to do good or bad?

View attachment 7519

Mhmmm.... Is it the same reason Arminians can't seem to help themselves from constantly contradicting themselves, Scripture, and one another?

Reactions: SovereignGrace

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did Paul say he was "already saved"?
You are kidding right?
1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God,

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Ro 1:1.

Open your Bible to A.W. Pink chapter 3.....:p

I doubt any of the Calvinists here advocate bringing Bibles to a theology fight. You risk knocking down the house of cards they've been building for 500 years.
You really think Calvinism started 500 years ago? That just shows ignorance. Ad hominem is the name of your game. Your true colors are showing John just like at BB.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you've dedicated your time to this "Christian Hate" crusade. You mock Calvinism and you don't know why, and are don't bat an eye that you have so much hate in your heart yet call yourself a Christian!

The question still is when does your god predestine people to hell? I do not mock Calvinism, I condemn Calvinism. No hate, enthusiasm! Condemn the sin, not the sinner. Calvinism is not a cult. Calvinist are Christians. But the brain washed characteristic is in all that you are and do. Professional interventionists work with Calvinists and Jehovah's witnesses...There is a reason for that.

Last edited:

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never responded with a gif or meme and please put in context when I said that is not how theology works. Otherwise this is just slander.
You believe I posted that you responded with a gif or meme? Is this the same attentiveness you afford Scripture?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying you are unsaved - you are by claiming Romans 7 is about Paul as a Christian, and trying to justify sin, a doctrine of demons.
First, you are flat wrong. Second, James also said confess your sins one to another. And he was writing that TO BELIEVERS. Why would they need to confess sins if they could not sin?[Removed]

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really think Calvinism started 500 years ago? That just shows ignorance. Ad hominem is the name of your game. Your true colors are showing John just like at BB.
I did not mean exactly 500 years ago, but in the 16th century. Sorry you found the statement confusing.

But even if I did mean Calvinism began exactly 500 years ago that would not be ad hominem.

I respect this board and will not bring the BB here (it is not only a violation of rules but it is inappropriat). I trust you are man enough to deal with the BB on the BB?