Can a Christian Backslide/lose salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
This is what my pastor sent to me:Mona let me explain IF I can those verses: Rev. 22:19 early Christians writers understood these verses as warnings to FALSE teachers who would TAMPER with or alter the content of the apocalypse. Such individuals by their actions reveal their unregenerate state and, therefore, are cursed with judgement and excluded from heaven. The actual Greek translation says God shall take away his part of the tree of life. If someone adds to or takes away he can NOT be a CHRISTIAN. This person can NEVER share in the BLESSINGS of those who have eternal life. Exodus 32:33 Here Moses was willing to die for his people. Remember when the children of Israel worshipped the golden calf?? God said He would punish the people who made the cow, and Moses was asking God to forgive them in other words give them another chance...if not blot me out of the book and let them in..Blot me out was another way of Moses saying end my life. Moses was willing to go to hell, and let the jews go to heaven......wow!!! There is soooo much here that I don't have enough space to put it all If you need more PLEASE let me know. A boof that really helps me and has helped many is "the belivers commentary" by William MacDonald... It's a verse by verse explanation of Hebrew and Greek VERY GOOD READING......Bro Dennis

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!! My first copy and paste!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
I hope this will help anyone that needs or wants this information. Love in Christ to all!!!!!!!!!

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Hi Franklin,I'm not sure who started this thread about the possibility of losing one's salvation, but I'd like to help you to see that it is not possible for one who is ransomed by Jesus Christ to still be left as a captive of the devil. 1) Romans 8:34,38,39, "Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died -- more than that, who was raised -- who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us."Let's stop there for a moment. Do you see that if you have believed unto salvation, your Savior is at the right hand of God interceding constantly on your behalf. Do you think His prayers of intercession will not be answered by the Father? How about that for security?Continuing to verses 38 and 39, "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."Is that not a good enough guarantee that once you have been saved, you are saved for all eternity?Or do some think that Jesus gave believers only temporary life? That's not what Jesus said, is it?John 10:28-29 "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."This last verse speaks of an eternal covenant made between the Father and the Son before the foundation of the world, even.Who is going to thwart the eternal plans of our God?Salvation is forever and ever and ever . . . that's what eternal life means!waynemlj

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
(waynemlj;42348)
Hi Franklin,I'm not sure who started this thread about the possibility of losing one's salvation, but I'd like to help you to see that it is not possible for one who is ransomed by Jesus Christ to still be left as a captive of the devil. 1) Romans 8:34,38,39, "Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died -- more than that, who was raised -- who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us."Let's stop there for a moment. Do you see that if you have believed unto salvation, your Savior is at the right hand of God interceding constantly on your behalf. Do you think His prayers of intercession will not be answered by the Father? How about that for security?Continuing to verses 38 and 39, "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."Is that not a good enough guarantee that once you have been saved, you are saved for all eternity?Or do some think that Jesus gave believers only temporary life? That's not what Jesus said, is it?John 10:28-29 "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."This last verse speaks of an eternal covenant made between the Father and the Son before the foundation of the world, even.Who is going to thwart the eternal plans of our God?Salvation is forever and ever and ever . . . that's what eternal life means!waynemlj
Matthew 7:21-2721 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' 24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." NOT everyone who are called "Christians" will go to heaven. Only those who do the will of the Father.Claiming that you have salvation (forever and never loose) but still keep on sinning, doing opposite the will of the Father, so how can you go to heaven? I am afraid heaven will be full of such SINNERS who declared "once saved and ever saved"

zail

Feb 14, 2008
I know it's just fun to figure stuff out through Bible study, but I just want to make a point in case anyone involved in this thread is worried that they'll loose their salvation: I think the important question we each have to ask is: "How can I make sure that I get to be a part of God's Kingdom for eternity?" We ask a lot of questions that don't have to pertain to us, if we're covered. For example: Can people survive on Mars? Well, if I stay on Earth, I don't need to know the answer to that! Christ will stay true to the requirements He placed. We have security in what He said, if nothing else.
smile.gif

VISIONARY

Mar 24, 2008
Adam and Eve were saved, then fell. Lucifer was not only saved, but in Heaven, and now he is NOT saved. Pretty good proof status can change I'd say. Hitler? A young boy in Catholic school, I am sure he had to have prayed some sincere prayers just after the age of consent, and he was saved then, but sure was not later. I think if the once saved thing was true, we would have only the commandment to worship the true God then.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(VISIONARY;42367)
Adam and Eve were saved, then fell. Lucifer was not only saved, but in Heaven, and now he is NOT saved. Pretty good proof status can change I'd say. Hitler? A young boy in Catholic school, I am sure he had to have prayed some sincere prayers just after the age of consent, and he was saved then, but sure was not later. I think if the once saved thing was true, we would have only the commandment to worship the true God then.
Lucifer was never saved! He was created perfect the full pattern when he became full of pride and decided he should be god he fell, he was never saved he walked to and fro upon the earth and went to speak with God because he is an Angel and not bound by laws of flesh He is only in heaven Now because he is held there against his will by Michael, because for all intensive purposes he was defeated by Christ dying on the crossHe will wage war and be cast to earth again to reek his havok and he is the only one who has already been condemed to death by God so not ever think he was saved he is condemed to death

Nov 8, 2007
Satan is not in Heaven, he is in the World. If you actually tell people that he has A body in heaven and his Spirit is in the World. You are teaching your own doctrine Kriss. If you say this, you are admitting he is omnipresent, when Only God is omnipresent.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
New approach Everybody here agrees that God will not violate our free will, we are not forced by him to do anything. In the same way Salvation is not forced on us even when we become saved, we have the free will to turn back from god and lose our salvation. If we were forced to accept God forever when we become saved God would violate our free will.

Aleks_Kravchuk

Mar 14, 2008
(Letsgofishing;42387)
New approach Everybody here agrees that God will not violate our free will, we are not forced by him to do anything. In the same way Salvation is not forced on us even when we become saved, we have the free will to turn back from god and lose our salvation. If we were forced to accept God forever when we become saved God would violate our free will.
AMEN. Salvation is not something you cannot ever loose. Salvation must be held on to. Everyday. If we die in even 1 sin, we will not be in Heaven for nothing that is unclean Revelations 21:27 22:13-15Salvation is a gift that you must hold on to. Romans 6:23. There is an enemy who is trying to take it away from you. Be Blessed.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Shan Missions;42362)
Matthew 7:21-2721 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' 24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." NOT everyone who are called "Christians" will go to heaven. Only those who do the will of the Father.Claiming that you have salvation (forever and never loose) but still keep on sinning, doing opposite the will of the Father, so how can you go to heaven? I am afraid heaven will be full of such SINNERS who declared "once saved and ever saved"
Amen you have it right Shan anyone thinking that predestination or OSAS is the doctrine of God is in danger of losing their very soul Heed Gods Word closley Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.This is the second death the death of your soul you are only sealed in the promise of being saved IF, IF, IF, you obey Gods Laws and Words God reserves punishment for false teachers, preachers and those who will fall prey to the great delusion of Antichrist pray that it not be the second death for testing is yet to come only the Overcomers will be fully sealed (that is complete knowing the full truth of the of God ) the full sealing is yet to happen.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(kriss;42384)
Lucifer was never saved! He was created perfect the full pattern when he became full of pride and decided he should be god he fell, he was never saved he walked to and fro upon the earth and went to speak with God because he is an Angel and not bound by laws of flesh
agreed
He is only in heaven Now because he is held there against his will by Michael,
Kriss, will you please show me scripture which says that Satan still is in heaven and held against his will by Michael? thank you
because for all intensive purposes he was defeated by Christ dying on the cross
agreed
he is the only one who has already been condemed to death by God so not ever think he was saved he is condemed to death
agreed

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Unorthodox Christian;42386)
Satan is not in Heaven, he is in the World. If you actually tell people that he has A body in heaven and his Spirit is in the World. You are teaching your own doctrine Kriss. If you say this, you are admitting he is omnipresent, when Only God is omnipresent.
No you are not reading what Gods Word says about Satan(Ez.28) he is an Angel the most beatiful powerful, full of knowledge Angel ever created he is supernatural not omnipresent and I have never said otherwise he is being held in Heaven against his will by Michael (Rev.9 & 12) Sense the day Christ died. and will be cast to earth just as God says not me

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Jackie D;42392]agreedKriss said:
of God [written in God's Word] in their minds for they will not be deceived. Revelation 12:13 "And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child."We see the woman here again, "Israel", who is now identified and promoting Jesus Christ. Though Satan has the rest of the heathen world, but also he wants your soul. If you still think the woman [Israel] are the Jews, It will be almost impossible for you to understand this. For "Israel" is the offspring also of the ten tribes that were scattered. Yet today they exist in large part as the Christian nations of the world.Also in luke we see Satan gets cast to earthLuk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. notice how simular this is to Christ's second coming Satan is the great pretender a liar

bondsemerson

Mar 22, 2008
I have backslided badly fell into the pit of drink and drugs again I was going to church and reading my bible and praying and felt I was doing well,but the temptations of the world is strong so fell back into the ways of the world...Problem I have now is that I am to embarrased to prey to God or even go back to church so I try to avoid God at all costs,I know this is wrong just really confused at the moment...I am sure if anyone else that is reading this that is in the same position as me will understand when you backslide it is very hard to get back on track,you feel you arnt good enough...I just hope I have not lost my salvation cos I still love my god and belive he sent his only son to die for me,please prey for me...Thanks for reading I am just a little down at moment.
sad.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Dear bondsemerson you have not lost your salvation you have just sinned and fallen out of Grace temporarily Good news is grace is free to all upon repentance your father loves you he prays you will turn to him backsliding is human God understands this Do not let him down by your own human shame rise above the shame that any sinner feels and reach out to your father he there waiting for you to love him more than you hate your shame you are.in my prayers

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(bondsemerson;42411)
I have backslided badly fell into the pit of drink and drugs again I was going to church and reading my bible and praying and felt I was doing well,but the temptations of the world is strong so fell back into the ways of the world...Problem I have now is that I am to embarrased to prey to God or even go back to church so I try to avoid God at all costs,I know this is wrong just really confused at the moment...I am sure if anyone else that is reading this that is in the same position as me will understand when you backslide it is very hard to get back on track,you feel you arnt good enough...I just hope I have not lost my salvation cos I still love my god and belive he sent his only son to die for me,please prey for me...Thanks for reading I am just a little down at moment.
sad.gif

" I still love my god and believe he sent his only son to die for me" sounds like your saved. You cannot lose your salvation by your sins, because quite frankly we all already lost salvation to our sins. But we regain our salvation through believe in Jesus Christ A believe you have. I'll be praying

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
LGF is right we lose our salvation if we choose to throw away our faith and belief in Christ not for sinning and backsliding or we would all be lost

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(kriss;41422)
Absoulty though some will tell you no!
Absolutely? Prove it by scripture.
The tribulation will be bring Antichrist to the World we are told and warned that the delusion will be so strong that God shortened the time or even the Elect if possable would be fooled. Into believing him to be christand the whole world followed after the beast that is Satan
This does not relate to the question.
Now What does God Say to us about this falling away from him
For one to fall away, they first must be a Christian, where is their proof in these three verses that they are about true believers?
Mat 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(kriss;42391)
Amen you have it right Shan anyone thinking that predestination or OSAS is the doctrine of God is in danger of losing their very soul Heed Gods Word closley Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.This is the second death the death of your soul you are only sealed in the promise of being saved IF, IF, IF, you obey Gods Laws and Words God reserves punishment for false teachers, preachers and those who will fall prey to the great delusion of Antichrist pray that it not be the second death for testing is yet to come only the Overcomers will be fully sealed (that is complete knowing the full truth of the of God ) the full sealing is yet to happen.
This verse has nothing to do with your statement: "Amen you have it right Shan anyone thinking that predestination or OSAS is the doctrine of God is in danger of losing their very soul Heed Gods Word closley"...What does this have to do with OSAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.