Can a Christian be only partly saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Alley in the UK //Yer log-winded but I agree w/U..(ya like ancient words ?) Adonoi Shalom Berachah ! 2/U and yours <m>
Problem is Marty. people look for fault in anything you say that they never came across before. So you need to leave no stone unturned.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
He asked the same question in another thread. Why? It just causes confussion.

You seem to have missed what I said. If your sick. Christ never got what He paid for in full. Thats the short version.

Complete in Christ cool.
Well, actually, I was sick yesterday.
My back was bothering me and I couldn't sit here.
Still having a bit of a problem.
I'm really sorry I don't understand your point of how one could be partially saved.
What do you mean Christ never got what He paid for ??

If you can't answer it's OK.

Reactions: Helen

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, actually, I was sick yesterday.
My back was bothering me and I couldn't sit here.
Still having a bit of a problem.
I'm really sorry I don't understand your point of how one could be partially saved.
What do you mean Christ never got what He paid for ??

If you can't answer it's OK.

Its simple Jesus paid for your healing at the whipping post. And paid for your sin on the cross.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
When peter seen the waves he called out save me.
Jesus rescud peter. The word save.saved means more than He covored our sin. He healed us. Both sin and sickness are the same to God, He doesnt differeciat between them. There both a result of the fall.

If your sick then Jesus never recived all He paid for. He paid for you to be whole,complete free from sin and sickness. Once we understand we are healed as well as we understand we are saved from sin. The sooner we will walk healed continually.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Its simple Jesus paid for your healing at the whipping post. And paid for your sin on the cross.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Jesus rescud peter. The word save.saved means more than He covored our sin. He healed us. Both sin and sickness are the same to God, He doesnt differeciat between them. There both a result of the fall.

If your sick then Jesus never recived all He paid for. He paid for you to be whole,complete free from sin and sickness. Once we understand we are healed as well as we understand we are saved from sin. The sooner we will walk healed continually.
So how come I've had this bad back since I was 25. Got saved at 28.
You think maybe I don't have enough faith?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So how come I've had this bad back since I was 25. Got saved at 28.
You think maybe I don't have enough faith?
What does what I think matter. It doesnt matter.
What doesa matter is what I said is correct. And that is what we need to look at first, Is it scriptural or not?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen , Good post.
I would have worded it a bit differently. I would say..He did and finished His work.
If/when I am sick, it is me who doesn't get what Jesus paid for.
I fall down somewhere on faith and because of something I can't see..it is me who has blocked my healing. Not Him.

( Hey, we finally agreed upon something.. :) )

Reactions: Ally.s.j

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen , Good post.
I would have worded it a bit differently. I would say..He did and finished His work.
If/when I am sick, it is me who doesn't get what Jesus paid for.
I fall down somewhere on faith and because of something I can't see..it is me who has blocked my healing. Not Him.

( Hey, we finally agreed upon something.. :) )
So yes its us our mind sets, our lack of understanding and Paul says he is growing up in Christ, and if Paul was so are we. This why we must renew our minds. old way of thinking flesh thinking . This is how its always been thinking must die.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation occurs in an instant, but sanctification is a lifetime process. The first involves God's gift of His own Spirit, the seal of our redemption and sign of our adoption. The latter involves the work of the Holy Spirit, convicting us of sin and empowering us to obedience ( which requires the engagement of our will). Our nature according to the flesh leads us to do those things pleasing to the flesh (which ultimately leads to death) and our new nature received with His Spirit prompts us to obey God in defiance of our old nature. Those who follow the Spirit, follow Christ to eternal life, those who follow the flesh court death, but God's faithfulness to Himself obliges Him to discipline His adopted children when they are disobedient in order to return them to the way of life. I believe that is what a good parent is supposed to do.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Salvation occurs in an instant, but sanctification is a lifetime process. The first involves God's gift of His own Spirit, the seal of our redemption and sign of our adoption. The latter involves the work of the Holy Spirit, convicting us of sin and empowering us to obedience ( which requires the engagement of our will). Our nature according to the flesh leads us to do those things pleasing to the flesh (which ultimately leads to death) and our new nature received with His Spirit prompts us to obey God in defiance of our old nature. Those who follow the Spirit, follow Christ to eternal life, those who follow the flesh court death, but God's faithfulness to Himself obliges Him to discipline His adopted children when they are disobedient in order to return them to the way of life. I believe that is what a good parent is supposed to do.

Salvation occurs in an instant, and so does santification. They are both instant. Yes you can grow in the flesh as you walk with Christ. But you are holy as God is holy He said so in His word. In Gods eyes you are santified now.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 12:1, 2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should add that there is a sense in which we are not fully redeemed until the resurrection, because at that time our bodies will no longer have their original nature and will be free from sin.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation occurs in an instant, and so does santification. They are both instant. Yes you can grow in the flesh as you walk with Christ. But you are holy as God is holy He said so in His word. In Gods eyes you are santified now.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 12:1, 2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
We are called sanctified after receiving the Holy Spirit, as in sanctified by God's presence within us (Holy separated to God), but sanctification remains a lifetime process as the Apostle Paul testified to.
Work out your salvation with fear and trembling...

Reactions: Godssrvr

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ezekiel 18:20
The person who sins is the one who will die. A son won't suffer punishment for the father's iniquity, and a father won't suffer punishment for the son's iniquity. The righteousness of the righteous person will be on him, and the wickedness of the wicked person will be on him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little children, let no one deceive you! The one who does what is right is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Jesus did not pay for your sins on the cross iow, in another perspective.
You gotta pick that cross up and follow, wadr
many will cry LordLord

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ezekiel 18:20
The person who sins is the one who will die. A son won't suffer punishment for the father's iniquity, and a father won't suffer punishment for the son's iniquity. The righteousness of the righteous person will be on him, and the wickedness of the wicked person will be on him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little children, let no one deceive you! The one who does what is right is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Jesus did not pay for your sins on the cross iow, in another perspective.
You gotta pick that cross up and follow, wadr
many will cry LordLord
This is mumbo jumbo matel

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are called sanctified after receiving the Holy Spirit, as in sanctified by God's presence within us (Holy separated to God), but sanctification remains a lifetime process as the Apostle Paul testified to.
Work out your salvation with fear and trembling...
salvation is not sanctification. Your doing it again.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I should add that there is a sense in which we are not fully redeemed until the resurrection, because at that time our bodies will no longer have their original nature and will be free from sin.
Stop adding things that are not scripture. We are the redeemed of Christ. And its now.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are free from sin now. You have a lot to say and no scripture to back up what YOU think.

Reactions: Armadillo