Can a Christian be only partly saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What does what I think matter. It doesnt matter.
What doesa matter is what I said is correct. And that is what we need to look at first, Is it scriptural or not?
I know what you think doesn't matter.
But you didn't answer my question.

You see, according to YOUR church, which is most probably Word of Faith, I'm not healed because I don't have enough faith.

Problem is: I DO have enough faith. It's just that God always answers prayer. Sometimes it's YES, sometimes it's NO and sometimes it's NOT NOW.

Problem is: God is not here to serve US, we're here to serve HIM.
See.

Maybe next time you could answer my question instead of being snooty.

Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Amen , Good post.
I would have worded it a bit differently. I would say..He did and finished His work.
If/when I am sick, it is me who doesn't get what Jesus paid for.
I fall down somewhere on faith and because of something I can't see..it is me who has blocked my healing. Not Him.

( Hey, we finally agreed upon something.. :) )
No ByGrace.
You have plenty of faith, as is witnessed by the life you've led.
God is not Santa Clause.
He's not here to please US in every way possible.
We're in a world system. The enemy is the prince of the air, IOW, he's in charge here. It's a miracle we get any good at all !

If we all got healed, how would we ever die?
God can work miracles. But they are NOT going to happen every moment of the day. That's why it's a miracle...it's supernatural.

I keep telling you: Don't cut yourself short !
Lovingly in Christ

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we all got healed, how would we ever die?
God can work miracles. But they are NOT going to happen every moment of the day. That's why it's a miracle...it's supernatural.

Thanks.
You mention old age/dying etc
I never had a problem in receiving a healing when I was younger.
God would pretty much manifest healing in my body. Some instant, some after hours, some took a few day..a couple months, but it always came.
But when I got older, I think that somehow I "bought a lie"...because once I let the thought in... " my body must be getting worn out" ...this 'whatever it was', must be age related. Bam..now it is much harder, because at the back of my mind I have the niggle.."poor old bit of the body getting worn out"
My hubby is a faithful prayer for my health..and he gets answers! ( and arn't I glad! Yay! ) But my own faith has been quite wobbly once I passed the 3 score years and 10. As you say..the old bod can't live forever...
Must be almost time for you bed.. sleep well...blessings...H

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thanks.
You mention old age/dying etc
I never had a problem in receiving a healing when I was younger.
God would pretty much manifest healing in my body. Some instant, some after hours, some took a few day..a couple months, but it always came.
But when I got older, I think that somehow I "bought a lie"...because once I let the thought in... " my body must be getting worn out" ...this 'whatever it was', must be age related. Bam..now it is much harder, because at the back of my mind I have the niggle.."poor old bit of the body getting worn out"
My hubby is a faithful prayer for my health..and he gets answers! ( and arn't I glad! Yay! ) But my own faith has been quite wobbly once I passed the 3 score years and 10. As you say..the old bod can't live forever...
Must be almost time for you bed.. sleep well...blessings...H
Bed?
I don't go to bed till 1 a.m.
As always.
I know what you're talking about, but I don't buy it.
I think if we take care of ourselves we could live to be in our 90's.
My grandma and two aunts did.
I'm hoping for that too!
I want to go to Heaven (if God will have me) but not tooooo soon !!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
salvation is not sanctification. Your doing it again.
What am I doing? Are you implying that sanctification occurs before salvation? Or are you suggesting that a person is perfected the moment that he or she receives the Holy Spirit? I'd really love to meet a perfect person. You do know what the word "sanctification" means?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know what you think doesn't matter.
But you didn't answer my question.

You see, according to YOUR church, which is most probably Word of Faith, I'm not healed because I don't have enough faith.

Problem is: I DO have enough faith. It's just that God always answers prayer. Sometimes it's YES, sometimes it's NO and sometimes it's NOT NOW.

Problem is: God is not here to serve US, we're here to serve HIM.
See.
Maybe next time you could answer my question instead of being snooty.

If you know what I think doesnt matter why are you asking? My opinion doesnt matter. But I see you are trying to avoid what does matter Gods word. Why is that. I will tell you why you are looking for something to blame other than yourself.
You have no clue as to what church I go to. I never heard of word of faith.
The bible says not me. NOt the word of faith But God Himself says if you have faith the size of a musterd seed the mountian will move. Your moutian is your back. If you still have a sore back guess whats missing according to God. not me or WOF.
God.Jesus also said any thing you ask in my name and dont doubt, I will do for you. So if you doubt God wont heal your back. It will not happen. You do have doubts by your own admission. You said some times God says no. So when do you start to think well maybe He said no to my back.
God never says no to healing. That is a traditional church lie from satan. When did Jesus ever say no. There is no scripture that says what you believe in. And clearly you have no idea if you think God is a yes no God. There is NO consistancy in a God like the one you think you serve. All that is is misunderstanding. Jesus said through James my people are sick/sorebacks for LACK of knowledge.

How can you serve God with a sore back?
Hi Gods Grace could you come pray for me, I am layed up in bed sick? NO I cant come I have a sore back. You cant serve God sick.
We are indeed here to serve but most of Gods servants are sick for lack of knowledge acording to God.
Please go back and read what I posted and then take that to God and wait on Him.
I am not against you or snooty. If I gave my opinion you would blame me. I gave you Gods opinion. And its a fact and solid and unmoving like our opinions.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What am I doing? Are you implying that sanctification occurs before salvation? Or are you suggesting that a person is perfected the moment that he or she receives the Holy Spirit? I'd really love to meet a perfect person. You do know what the word "sanctification" means?
I am sujesting what God said in the 12 scriptures I gave you are correct and you are wrong. You never gave one scripture. You gave your opinion.
You are sanctified and saved at the same time. I clearly stateted what God said. Your opinion doesnt hold nothing to Gods word. That is what I said clearly.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually scripture says that we await the redemption of our bodies. Perhaps you missed that part. Romans 8:23
Ahhh jere we go again You are doing it again. We are not taking about redeption. we are talking sactification. Stop twisting the conversation.
You made a few posts now with no scripture I dont need wat you think. You are not asked to preach what you think.

Last edited:

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sujesting what God said in the 12 scriptures I gave you are correct and you are wrong. You never gave one scripture. You gave your opinion.
You are sanctified and saved at the same time. I clearly stateted what God said. Your opinion doesnt hold nothing to Gods word. That is what I said clearly.
U tellum Ally ! <m>

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael,

Many find it confusing to think that a person who seems to continue in sin, could somehow be "perfect" or instantly "sanctified." Yet the scriptures tell us that we are a "new" creation, that it is in fact no longer we who live but Christ who lives in us.

So, if we are going to believe the word of God, sanctification is not the "process" that it would appear to be. But rather that, the explanation of being born again leaves us with two identities until our physical body dies. Thus, when we sin, it is that old and dead man that now becomes baggage; and yet in the other "us" we are One with Christ in spirit and perfect...which is whom God now sees, and He has forgotten the old man who walks the earth until he enters the grave. But that is not us - it was us. It's like carrying around an old photo of us that we are not proud of, and every time it comes out it bring us shame. But...we "were" crucified with Christ - "It is finished."

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael,

Many find it confusing to think that a person who seems to continue in sin, could somehow be "perfect" or instantly "sanctified." Yet the scriptures tell us that we are a "new" creation, that it is in fact no longer we who live but Christ who lives in us.

So, if we are going to believe the word of God, sanctification is not the "process" that it would appear to be. But rather that, the explanation of being born again leaves us with two identities until our physical body dies. Thus, when we sin, it is that old and dead man that now becomes baggage; and yet in the other "us" we are One with Christ in spirit and perfect...which is whom God now sees, and He has forgotten the old man who walks the earth until he enters the grave. But that is not us - it was us. It's like carrying around an old photo of us that we are not proud of, and every time it comes out it bring us shame. But...we "were" crucified with Christ - "It is finished."

The Apostle Paul seems to emphasize what he really is, when he says "I myself" in Romans 7:25.
..."So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."
And he minimizes the flesh, the old man.
So, let us 'put to death the deeds of the body, by the Spirt'. Amen

Reactions: ScottA

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If you know what I think doesnt matter why are you asking? My opinion doesnt matter. But I see you are trying to avoid what does matter Gods word. Why is that. I will tell you why you are looking for something to blame other than yourself.
You have no clue as to what church I go to. I never heard of word of faith.
The bible says not me. NOt the word of faith But God Himself says if you have faith the size of a musterd seed the mountian will move. Your moutian is your back. If you still have a sore back guess whats missing according to God. not me or WOF.
God.Jesus also said any thing you ask in my name and dont doubt, I will do for you. So if you doubt God wont heal your back. It will not happen. You do have doubts by your own admission. You said some times God says no. So when do you start to think well maybe He said no to my back.
God never says no to healing. That is a traditional church lie from satan. When did Jesus ever say no. There is no scripture that says what you believe in. And clearly you have no idea if you think God is a yes no God. There is NO consistancy in a God like the one you think you serve. All that is is misunderstanding. Jesus said through James my people are sick/sorebacks for LACK of knowledge.

How can you serve God with a sore back?
Hi Gods Grace could you come pray for me, I am layed up in bed sick? NO I cant come I have a sore back. You cant serve God sick.
We are indeed here to serve but most of Gods servants are sick for lack of knowledge acording to God.
Please go back and read what I posted and then take that to God and wait on Him.
I am not against you or snooty. If I gave my opinion you would blame me. I gave you Gods opinion. And its a fact and solid and unmoving like our opinions.
No comment.
I like serious conversations.
Unless they're specifically funny, of course.

The above is neither.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Michael,

Sanctification is a process.
Justification is immediate and is totally from God.

What makes us be a new creation?
Are we one immediately upon justification?
Sanctify means to set apart, to prepare, make ready, for the work of God.
Does a person that has just been saved even understand what God may want of them?

Sanctification, being set apart for God's work, is a life-long process.
1 Peter 1:15-16 is akin to Mathew 5:48
Be perfect
Be holy
It is a desire, a working toward; we are neither perfect nor completely holy, but it is our desire--something to work for.

Romans 12:1
2 Peter 3:18
1 Peter 2:2-3
2 Corinthians 7:1
Philippians 2:12-13

and many more

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ahhh jere we go again You are doing it again. We are not taking about redeption. we are talking sactification. Stop twiting the conversation.
You made a few posts now with no scripture I dont need wat you think. You are not asked to preach whjat you think.
We ARE talking about redemption.
Redemption is what you get at the end of your journey with your relationship with God.
He posted the correct scripture --- we receive our redemption at the end, not at the beginning.

How could it be at the beginning if we should decide later on not to serve God anymore?

You redeem your gift AFTER you've collected the correct amount of coupons at your local supermarket...NOT BEFORE you collect all the coupons needed to REDEEM your chosen gift.

Titus 2:14
who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

If we adhere to the above, and REMAIN His person, then we will be redeemed at the end of our life.

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We are free from sin now. You have a lot to say and no scripture to back up what YOU think.
hmm, i'm seeing this rise, and i don't really see how. Why would we be called to confess our sins to each other if we had none? @Armadillo pls feel free too. I mean what, you're never going to sin again? Can't? what happens when you are disagreed with? ty