Can a Christian be only partly saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess the phrase so often used :- " Not a real Christian" refers to someone who believe they are in their head, but it hasn't touched the heart.
I cringe in threads when I read one member say to another " You are not a real Christian." ( Especially when it is so obvious that they are!!)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Naturally, I differ from the crowd, surprised? ! :D
Well, there are differet levels, spheres on the Other Side...some can be in a very nice place...sure their 'saved' ...not being in a hellish place of their own making.
But, hey, then ya have an escalater to a couple steps up and whoa....now that would be what I call saved....I know bbyrd will be a couple levels below me..thats like sorta saved, by the skin of your teeth....

Reactions: pastor marty

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Naturally, I differ from the crowd, surprised? ! :D
Well, there are differet levels, spheres on the Other Side...some can be in a very nice place...sure their 'saved' ...not being in a hellish place of their own making.
But, hey, then ya have an escalater to a couple steps up and whoa....now that would be what I call saved....I know bbyrd will be a couple levels below me..thats like sorta saved, by the skin of your teeth....

:) Dream, vision or book?
I heard a tape once about something like you describe..I think it was a NDE.
I do agree with your statement = "there are different levels, spheres on the Other Side"..yes for sure.

I happen to believe that we are as close to God 'down here' as we wish to spend time to be. And it relates to the Other Side...why would someone expect to be close ( higher sphere) to God in the Kingdom if they didn't want to be close to God down here!
We will be as close to God there, as we are here.
That's what I believe..as for @bbyrd009 ... I have finally learned that if I say black, he will say white...if I say it's hot, he will say cold. He actually posted to day saying that if someone was taking one view, he would take the opposite. I have finally "got it" ..( you were probably there before me!) he is on this Site to combat whatever a person posts, just for the fun of it.
Now I am totally confused and have no idea what he believes, if indeed he does.. So yes, lets leave him taking coats at the front door. :D

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Depends what is meant by partly saved?
If it is, that Jesus has not dealt with the consquences of all my sin. Then No.

If it is a case of a Christian falling into sin and dying as a backslidden Christian, that at the time of death their life did not show they were Christian then yes.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha well it might seem that way, but that is not what i mean to do lol. It's more that truth to me demands that other perspectives be at least considered

Oh right...like when I told someone yesterday that I would 'prayer for her', and you quote back and then said.." I will pray the opposite"..
You mean that kind of truth eh! hmmmm

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh right...like when I told someone yesterday that I would 'prayer for her', and you quote back and then said.." I will pray the opposite"..
You mean that kind of truth eh! hmmmm
ha well i was making assumptions about your prayer, certainly, but i meant "prayer" as in "wish," and i suspect that you do not hold this definition? Also, as best i remember you would pray for an outcome there, a specific outcome? brb

ok, a search of "I will pray the opposite" didn't work, and search in sites is notoriously bad, but if you can dredge up the post i might explain myself better if need be. BAM pray fro whatever you are led to pray fro, i certainly don't mean not to ok; i meant to illustrate that a prayer might have valid opposition

Search Results | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board
must have used a diff word from "opposite?" i thot it was right, hmm

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok, a search of "I will pray the opposite" didn't work, and search in sites is notoriously bad, but if you can dredge up the post i might explain myself better if need be. BAM pray fro whatever you are led to pray fro, i certainly don't mean not to ok; i meant to illustrate that a prayer might have valid opposition

Okay, I have it...
I must say it hit me below the belt ( ie one believer saying they will set themselves to nullify another believers prayer...) esp when the person being prayed for was in some doubt already.
I thought then..so Mark is setting himself up to be a servant of The Adversary ...in playing the adversary against believer for the fun of it...having seen you say already that if someone ( think the Dinosaur thread or Evolution thread) argued from one point, you would argue from the other. And that is okay with silly Evolution threads...but not when a serious discussion is going on. That made me sad.

Anyway...my post and my mention of praying for her, was at the end of #20 ....and your post telling her you would pray the opposite , was in your post #25 of the thread " The Work Of Faith and Hope of Salvation."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Okay, I have it...
I must say it hit me below the belt ( ie one believer saying they will set themselves to nullify another believers prayer...) esp when the person being prayed for was in some doubt already.
I thought then..so Mark is setting himself up to be a servant of The Adversary ...in playing the adversary against believer for the fun of it...having seen you say already that if someone ( think the Dinosaur thread or Evolution thread) argued from one point, you would argue from the other. And that is okay with silly Evolution threads...but not when a serious discussion is going on. That made me sad.

Anyway...my post and my mention of praying for her, was at the end of #20 ....and your post telling her you would pray the opposite , was in your post #25 of the thread " The Work Of Faith and Hope of Salvation."
oh well i apologize for that, i didn't mean for it to be taken personally. lemme look...
I will pray for you..that you receive overwhelming confirmation and confidence and never ever doubt yourself again.
ah well of course you meant this differently, but i did my best to bring this out in the reply (the next 2 or 3 replies, actually);
and i will pray the opposite, wadr, at least until we differentiate "blessed assurance" from "psychopath," which we have not yet done here
gotta wonder why search didn't bring this post up, hmm. Anyway, we have not yet brought this out, see, the thin line between confidence and David Koresh.

Doubt is disdained in Scripture, but we can witness the corrosive effects of someone who posts facts as truth, and evince no doubt whatsoever, yet disappear when the flame thrower gets turned on their concept.

iow there is a counterfeit to your proposition that should be heard and understood imo, not saying that your prayer was not a great one, categorically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure why tabletalk would open another thread on my question and not answer me in my thread. Maybe you get points for threads or medals or somrthing like that. So I will post the answer here that I posted on my thread. Just incase you all missed it in the confusion tabltalk caused.

Not sure why table talk would start another thread on this discussion.

Quite a few said no.
But the answer is an emphatic yes and most are as I already said.

To be saved to the utter most means saved to the full measure.

If I buy barrel of whiskey. I would not except a half full barrel and neither would you. I would no except three quarters full. I and you would want the full measure. The full measure of your salvation is only complete when you have all, He paid for.
Jesus paid for your sin in full. God was pleased about that.

So what is saved to the full measure/utter most. Full extent.
You have to look at the word that is saved. As I said people think, saved is a ticket for heaven.

Strong's Concordance
sózó: to save
Original Word: σῴζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: sózó
Phonetic Spelling: (sode'-zo)
Short Definition: I save, heal
Definition: I save, heal, preserve, rescue.
HELPS Word-studies
4982 sṓzō (from sōs, "safe, rescued") – properly, deliver out of danger and into safety; used principally of God rescuing believers from the penalty and power of sin – and into His provisions (safety).

[4982 (sṓzō) is the root of: 4990 /sōtḗr ("Savior"), 4991 /sōtēría ("salvation") and the adjectival form, 4992 /sōtḗrion (what is "saved/rescued from destruction and brought into divine safety").]

So if you have got sickness of anykind then you do not have the full meaning of saved, sozo.
So we all believe we have been rescued from our sin. But far to mant Chritians believe falsely that they are sick by Gods will which is a lie.
Some think God allows you to get some for a good reason. That is also a lie and not inline with scripture or Christlike thinking, IE Spirit filled new man/new creation thinking, or kingdom thinking. Any thing short of this thinking is flesh and death thinking or unbelief.

When jesus went to the cross it was to suffer in our place and sin was curssed on the cross by God. That paid for our sin.
When Jesus went to the whipping post. Thats where He paid for you body to be whole healed deliverd from sickness. Sickness is the same as sin to God, Jesus made no difference between the two. When refering to them both. He paid for both sin and sickness.
OC tells us before it happened. NC tells us when it happened.
By His stripe we are healed. Theres a reason for it being singular stripe. I will adress it later.

So he paid for your body to be set free from sickness. and paid for you to be set free from sin. Sin has no more hold on you. It is bought and paid for.

When you take communion. You take two elements The liquid of any kind. Some people are confused over what to take. It makes no difference what so ever what you take. Its all about what your doing it for. So the tradictional wine represents His blood spilt for you. To cover your sin. Amen. thank you Father. Sorry that just comes out ya every time.
And then we take the body that was broken for us, in our place. in remeberance of what He achived for us. He achieved a whole body for you.

You recieve salvation through excepting what He done for you. Forgave you of your sin. So you agree yes I believe that. and now your saved because you believe. simple. Hes awsome.

You also recieve healing by the same manner. Believing. Believers will lay hands on the sick. and they WILL be healed. Thats a fact from God Amen. Thank you Father.

SO saved means more than a ticket for heaven and yes you can be partly saved.

Jesus [aid the FULL measure for you to be restord back to original created condiction. Like Adam who walked in the cool of the day with God.
You can do like iwse today and be completly saved And only then does Jesus get what He fullty paid for. If you are sick He is being short changed.
What a sad state of afailrs it is in heaven when Jesus is not getting what He paid for because of us.

God says in His word, My people are sick for lack of knowleadge. Not because satan comes to steal kill and destroy. But because we dont understand this exact thing in scripture.

Now last thing. You think very very carefully before coming back here and trying to prove me wrong. If I am wrong I am guilty of a very serious thing.
If I am correct and you come and tell the whole forum that I am. and your wrong. You are in a worse condiction than I will ever be in because of what I said. I am believeing for the goodness of God. But you would be claiming Hes not that good. So beware, please think very carefully befor you post a single word. You are told to take every thought captive. Thats before it even becomes a word. Theres a reason for it.

Bless God for He is Good. All the time. Amen. Thank you Father God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not sure why tabletalk would open another thread on my question and not answer me in my thread. Maybe you get points for threads or medals or somrthing like that. So I will post the answer here that I posted on my thread. Just incase you all missed it in the confusion tabltalk caused.

Not sure why table talk would start another thread on this discussion.

Quite a few said no.
But the answer is an emphatic yes and most are as I already said.

To be saved to the utter most means saved to the full measure.

If I buy barrel of whiskey. I would not except a half full barrel and neither would you. I would no except three quarters full. I and you would want the full measure. The full measure of your salvation is only complete when you have all, He paid for.
Jesus paid for your sin in full. God was pleased about that.

So what is saved to the full measure/utter most. Full extent.
You have to look at the word that is saved. As I said people think, saved is a ticket for heaven.

Strong's Concordance
sózó: to save
Original Word: σῴζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: sózó
Phonetic Spelling: (sode'-zo)
Short Definition: I save, heal
Definition: I save, heal, preserve, rescue.
HELPS Word-studies
4982 sṓzō (from sōs, "safe, rescued") – properly, deliver out of danger and into safety; used principally of God rescuing believers from the penalty and power of sin – and into His provisions (safety).

[4982 (sṓzō) is the root of: 4990 /sōtḗr ("Savior"), 4991 /sōtēría ("salvation") and the adjectival form, 4992 /sōtḗrion (what is "saved/rescued from destruction and brought into divine safety").]

So if you have got sickness of anykind then you do not have the full meaning of saved, sozo.
So we all believe we have been rescued from our sin. But far to mant Chritians believe falsely that they are sick by Gods will which is a lie.
Some think God allows you to get some for a good reason. That is also a lie and not inline with scripture or Christlike thinking, IE Spirit filled new man/new creation thinking, or kingdom thinking. Any thing short of this thinking is flesh and death thinking or unbelief.

When jesus went to the cross it was to suffer in our place and sin was curssed on the cross by God. That paid for our sin.
When Jesus went to the whipping post. Thats where He paid for you body to be whole healed deliverd from sickness. Sickness is the same as sin to God, Jesus made no difference between the two. When refering to them both. He paid for both sin and sickness.
OC tells us before it happened. NC tells us when it happened.
By His stripe we are healed. Theres a reason for it being singular stripe. I will adress it later.

So he paid for your body to be set free from sickness. and paid for you to be set free from sin. Sin has no more hold on you. It is bought and paid for.

When you take communion. You take two elements The liquid of any kind. Some people are confused over what to take. It makes no difference what so ever what you take. Its all about what your doing it for. So the tradictional wine represents His blood spilt for you. To cover your sin. Amen. thank you Father. Sorry that just comes out ya every time.
And then we take the body that was broken for us, in our place. in remeberance of what He achived for us. He achieved a whole body for you.

You recieve salvation through excepting what He done for you. Forgave you of your sin. So you agree yes I believe that. and now your saved because you believe. simple. Hes awsome.

You also recieve healing by the same manner. Believing. Believers will lay hands on the sick. and they WILL be healed. Thats a fact from God Amen. Thank you Father.

SO saved means more than a ticket for heaven and yes you can be partly saved.

Jesus [aid the FULL measure for you to be restord back to original created condiction. Like Adam who walked in the cool of the day with God.
You can do like iwse today and be completly saved And only then does Jesus get what He fullty paid for. If you are sick He is being short changed.
What a sad state of afailrs it is in heaven when Jesus is not getting what He paid for because of us.

God says in His word, My people are sick for lack of knowleadge. Not because satan comes to steal kill and destroy. But because we dont understand this exact thing in scripture.

Now last thing. You think very very carefully before coming back here and trying to prove me wrong. If I am wrong I am guilty of a very serious thing.
If I am correct and you come and tell the whole forum that I am. and your wrong. You are in a worse condiction than I will ever be in because of what I said. I am believeing for the goodness of God. But you would be claiming Hes not that good. So beware, please think very carefully befor you post a single word. You are told to take every thought captive. Thats before it even becomes a word. Theres a reason for it.

Bless God for He is Good. All the time. Amen. Thank you Father God.
Because he wanted other opinions.
Which part would be saved?
I'm one complete person.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>
..as for @bbyrd009 ... I have finally learned that if I say black, he will say white...if I say it's hot, he will say cold. <snip>

Yet, someone in the role of DA [Devil's Advocate] serves a purpose. And can work for the good of the whole. It is not a role that many can take.