Can a Christian have a demon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading this forum I’ve observed the Jezebel spirit on here. Fellow believers discern who they are: By Grace, Butterfly, Taken. By their fruits ye shall know them.

You had better be very careful here. Many on this forum have great ability in discernment. New people come in here and play God...kind of like yourself. YOU do NOT know the hearts of these people and nor do you know of their fruits. All three CHRISTIANS you have named happen to be my brethren whom I love dearly, and have encouraged me no end on this forum, and have taught me much WITH SCRIPTURE and knowledge. Do I agree with EVERYTHING they believe or teach? No, of course not! There will be no true unity of the saints until we are all taken home.
Just remember that you will be judged by God using the same measure you dole out to people you have not even tried to get to know other than certain posts. My spirit tells me you are a plant.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Catholicism has adopted so many pagan practices and beliefs.

That is why the religion is mystery Babylon in the Bible.

I came to that conclusion, some years ago, after I read Dave Hunt's, A Woman Rides the Beast. With the RCC's relatively new push for combining all world religions into one, it seems more clear than ever.

Reactions: Nancy

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You had better be very careful here. Many on this forum have great ability in discernment. New people come in here and play God...kind of like yourself. YOU do NOT know the hearts of these people and nor do you know of their fruits. All three CHRISTIANS you have named happen to be my brethren whom I love dearly, and have encouraged me no end on this forum, and have taught me much WITH SCRIPTURE and knowledge. Do I agree with EVERYTHING they believe or teach? No, of course not! There will be no true unity of the saints until we are all taken home.
Just remember that you will be judged by God using the same measure you dole out to people you have not even tried to get to know other than certain posts. My spirit tells me you are a plant.

Could well be, Nancy. On the other hand, it could just be someone who enjoys taunting Christians (which, I guess is kind of the same thing). Some even think they are rendering a service to God by accusing Christians--but, in reality, it is providing merriment to the devil.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like we come from similar backgrounds.
We too were around when Derek Prince was ministering. ( loved his series on The Blood Covenant)

My husband and myself in the 70's-80's were in the deliverance ministry.
Like you , we have looked them in the eye, and heard them argue that would not come out. We have cast them out. One poor bound ( christian) man it took our team three days..(demons don't sleep) to help him. We had a team of six of us and traded off three and three, demons don't get tired either.

I have many sad stories of how they wrecked the lives of Christians.
Two of them were ministers. One we took into our home blah blah.
The other one was a missionary. He came to us and pleaded for us to help him. At that time our girls were only aged 10 and 11 so we couldn't take him into our home.
His story was that he was saved out of being into evolution and witchcraft . After being saved he went to the mission field..was there 20 years. He used to come home for breaks to England and became our friend.
Long story short, the CLC ( Christian Literature Crusade) asked him to write a book against evolution..and one against witchcraft, how he came out of it.
So he moved back to England. As the months of his research into and writing he told us he could feel the darkness almost suffocating him, we prayed for him against the darkness. He wanted to quit writing about it, but the CLC wanted him to continue and said christians needed the book.

End of story, they took him , he called us whispering, not his voice... we got our church to pray and fast while we went to battle against the spirits.
Even his face had changed.
I don't want to scare people, I wont tell all what they were doing to him.
Except that whenever he fell off to sleep they would pinch and prod hum awake.
We lost him..he believed what they whispered in his ears..they described how they would kill him... he could get a hold of God, he believed the lies being told him. We tried to cast them out obviously, but he could not believe that he, we, and God were the majority. ( it's almost impossible to cast spirits out of christians who are not fighting with you) He'd lost all his confidence and fight.

That one was the saddest cases.. .he was a very dear friend.
I could ramble on, but this is enough ...
So my answer to the topic is... Y E S they can , and not just one.

Hi Helen,
I'm sorry to hear about your friend mentioned in your post. How very sad to get to the point of giving up...I know I've been there, not to the point your friend was though.
I have a very good friend/ex-co-worker who is in a wonderful Christian marriage. Her husband is in this ministry and much of what you have said lines right up there with what she tells me. There are 2 or 3 in the room with the afflicted Christian while 2 or 3 are outside the room praying for hours. And, yes, demons NEVER sleep!

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could well be, Nancy. On the other hand, it could just be someone who enjoys taunting Christians (which, I guess is kind of the same thing). Some even think they are rendering a service to God by accusing Christians--but, in reality, it is providing merriment to the devil.

Well put L.C. I think I recall something about Pharisees thinking they too were serving God by killing Jesus ;)

D

Dave L

Saint John Cassian was a Catholic monk circa 400 who was known for mystical writings.

Definitely not a role model for Christians.
John believed just as you do about free will. He was the forerunner to Arminianism.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A demon's influence is like a tracking device on a cell phone. There is a link there that needs to be broken. There is a lie that needs to be thrown out. There is a bondage that needs to be broken. People still have a soul that they can fill with whatever they want.

But a little leaven leavens the whole batch.

You need to be clearer. Are you talking about human possession or a demon whispering in someone's ear?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came to that conclusion, some years ago, after I read Dave Hunt's, A Woman Rides the Beast. With the RCC's relatively new push for combining all world religions into one, it seems more clear than ever.

Dave Hunt said a lot of good things.

One thing that saddens me is like the videos I posted. The people with great depth of understanding. Yet many of the posters here would rather read declarations by people who lack depth who think they are wise teachers of the Bible. Who thrive on controversy.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well put L.C. I think I recall something about Pharisees thinking they too were serving God by killing Jesus ;)
John believed just as you do about free will. He was the forerunner to Arminianism.

And here you go dodging my point. He was into mysticism. He was a Catholic who hid away in monasteries.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to be clearer. Are you talking about human possession or a demon whispering in someone's ear?

Yes, I think it is important to make the distinction between those who are utterly controlled by demons (most often seen among Third World animists/pagans) and those who are harassed by demons (which could be any one of us). We Christians have the ability to resist them in Jesus' name ("resist the devil and he will flee") but I feel sorry for those who have no resources in Christ to combat them. I believe there are many demons operating behind the drug trade and even in places where alcohol is served.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here you go dodging my point. He was into mysticism. He was a Catholic who hid away in monasteries.

I do not know if you meant to put my post in there Core, so, I am a bit confused. Hmm. ♥

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Birds of a feather do flock together. Dispensationalism ultimately comes from the Jesuits.

You've made that accusation before. Proof?

Dallas Theological Seminary is a bastion of Dispensationalism. They have very thorough scholars. One would think they would have uncovered any Jesuit hoax long before this.