Can a Christian have a demon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lady Crosstalk,

[I agree that the Holy Spirit will not indwell a person who is infested with one or more demons.]

These people are saying that the demon can come in

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lady Crosstalk,

[I agree that the Holy Spirit will not indwell a person who is infested with one or more demons.]

A demon's influence is like a tracking device on a cell phone. There is a link there that needs to be broken. There is a lie that needs to be thrown out. There is a bondage that needs to be broken. People still have a soul that they can fill with whatever they want.

But a little leaven leavens the whole batch.

Reactions: John Caldwell

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know they cannot from scripture. I would like to ask you and all of the demonoligists,
Does the Holy Spirit share space with this church member so the demon can have some fun?

You speak as if there is no way that Holy and unclean can be in the same place!!
All though the bible it show it can.

Even with God...it says in Job that .. "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan to came also among them."
God didn't scream and wring His hands. Spirit is spirit , ..someone sold you a lie and you bought .
I wont argue the point, you can argue it away as you are convinced.., you are welcome to your opinion, if that is what would wish to believe, but it is a false security if you believe that.

If you have never seen demons in action in Christians, you obviously have led a very quite christian life.

God bless you.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A demon's influence is like a tracking device on a cell phone. There is a link there that needs to be broken. There is a lie that needs to be thrown out. There is a bondage that needs to be broken. People still have a soul that they can fill with whatever they want.

But a little leaven leavens the whole batch.
Where are you getting these sci fi ideas? Do you watch tbn, the bible says nothing of this anywhere.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak as if there is no way that Holy and unclean can be in the same place!!
All though the bible it show it can.

Even with God...it says in Job that .. "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan to came also among them."
God didn't scream and wring His hands. Spirit is spirit , ..someone sold you a lie and you bought .
I wont argue the point, you can argue it away as you are convinced.., you are welcome to your opinion, if that is what would wish to believe, but it is a false security if you believe that.

If you have never seen demons in action in Christians, you obviously have led a very quite christian life.

God bless you.
You base nothing on the bible just stories from false wof teachings...not scripture....To suggest that the Holy Spirit is even concerned with created spirits is sad indeed.
You are not going to make any head way with these false anecdotal stories as if you are a demon expert.
You are not one of these people running around saying how you bound satan, here, and satan there, and everywhere are you?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know they cannot from scripture. I would like to ask you and all of the demonoligists,
Does the Holy Spirit share space with this church member so the demon can have some fun?
not just for fun, but everyday living. was not Paul and Barnabas filled with the Holy Ghost? .... yes. scripture, Acts 15:36 "And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.
Acts 15:37 "And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
Acts 15:38 "But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
Acts 15:39 "And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
Acts 15:40 "And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.
Acts 15:41 "And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

now, the word here for "contention" is
G3948 παροξυσμός paroxusmos (par-o-xïz-mos') n.
1. a provoking, an incitement (to good).
2. a sharp dispute (in anger).
[from G3947 (“paroxysm”)]
KJV: contention, provoke unto

notice definition #2. now this, Colossians 3:5 "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Colossians 3:6 "For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Colossians 3:7 "In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Colossians 3:8 "But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth".

Hold it "BUT NOW", meaning that you're a Christian. before without God, verses 5 shows some of the things we were before coming to God. "BUT NOW" as Christians put off these also, and "Anger" was the first on the LIST.

understand, sin was condemned in the flesh, scripture, Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh"

as long as we're in the flesh we're subject to sin. but take hope, scripture, Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:6 "So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me".

why do we bodly say?, for the Lord is the author and finisher of our FAITH, (see Hebrews 12:2). for we're save by Hope, listen, Romans 8:24 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Romans 8:25 "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it".

so while we're in this flesh body we can sin, but not without HOPE.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lady Crosstalk,

No--I don't think that is correct. The Holy Spirit seals an individual when He comes to indwell that individual. The problem is that so many "christians" are like my friend who called himself a "Christian atheist". There are many who call themselves Christian but live very worldly lives (because they have not received the Holy Spirit). They are possibly deists who "kind of like Jesus". But, Scripture definitely tells us that there is really no such thing as a "worldly Christian" (see James 4:4 and 1 John 2:15). Satan is a wily devil and he tempts with the "world, the flesh and the pride of life" (like him). There's hope for repentance in those who are "worldly" and "fleshly" because we know when we have sinned in those ways, but pride is the most deceptive of the three. Unless God, humbles such an individual (think Nebuchadnezzar grazing like a cow) in a pretty drastic way, it is doubtful that such a person will come to faith. "God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble." (James 4:6-10)

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No--I don't think that is correct. The Holy Spirit seals an individual when He comes to indwell that individual. The problem is that so many "christians" are like my friend who called himself a "Christian atheist". There are many who call themselves Christian but live very worldly lives (because they have not received the Holy Spirit). They are possibly deists who "kind of like Jesus". But, Scripture definitely tells us that there is really no such thing as a "worldly Christian" (see James 4:4 and 1 John 2:15). Satan is a wily devil and he tempts with the "world, the flesh and the pride of life" (like him). There's hope for repentance in those who are "worldly" and "fleshly" because we know when we have sinned in those ways, but pride is the most deceptive of the three. Unless God, humbles such an individual (think Nebuchadnezzar grazing like a cow) in a pretty drastic way, it is doubtful that such a person will come to faith. "God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble." (James 4:6-10)
exactly..professing but not possessing Christians are makebelievers

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what do the Holy Ghost seals? your spirit or your flesh?.

PICJAG.

Interesting question--here's what I think: He might possibly seal our flesh if He wanted to preserve our mortal lives for some reason--(like the Two Witnesses of Revelation?). But, when we speak of the Holy Spirit sealing an individual, during this Church age, we generally mean that the Holy Spirit has sealed our newly-born spirits against spiritual incursions from the enemy of our souls. To my reckoning, it would be impossible for such a person to be possessed by an evil spirit although we could all be harassed by an evil spirit.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting question--here's what I think: He might possibly seal our flesh if He wanted to preserve our mortal lives for some reason--(like the Two Witnesses of Revelation?). But, when we speak of the Holy Spirit sealing an individual, during this Church age, we generally mean that the Holy Spirit has sealed our newly-born spirits against spiritual incursions from the enemy of our souls. To my reckoning, it would be impossible for such a person to be possessed by an evil spirit although we could all be harassed by an evil spirit.
First, thanks for the reply, second, read Romans starting at chapter 5 to chapter 8. but here is a simple, concering the flesh.

Romans 7:14 "For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Romans 7:15 "For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Romans 7:16 "If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Romans 7:17 "Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Romans 7:18 "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Romans 7:19 "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Romans 7:20 "Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Romans 7:21 "I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Romans 7:22 "For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Romans 7:23 "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Romans 7:24 "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Romans 7:25 "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:2 "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Romans 8:4 "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Now one more, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
******1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us".

let's see it plain, Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:17 "For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. (Romans 7 sound Familiar?)

I hope this help, but read those chapters in Romans. you're correct in the sealing of our "spirts", but it is our flesh we must deal with.

B

Butterfly

@Butterfly

Many Christians who do not understand you will "seek" a word to understand what you are like.

Back in 2001 I was overseas on a 3 month trip to a third world country. I was travelling by myself.

The sort are received word from their god was "perverse".

When I was approached by the husband of the main person who did not understand me, (she saw a demon behind every door knob, bush or rock), I responded by saying that I was as "perverse" as he was. This was interpreted by them that I was a sexually perverse person and they treated me as such and would not have anything more to do with me and had me thrown out of the accommodation that I was in. A person from their group was also renting a room in the same accommodation, and it is my understanding he was very jealous of my financial circumstances in comparison to his. He was the sort of person who invalidated others and had a need to be "safe." He was wanting at that time to go to the USA where his wife was living at that time.

The group began praying against my supposed "sexual perversion," whereas, if they had considered the meaning of the word "perversion," they would have come to a very different understand of who I was. Their prayers at that time did open me up to attacks from Satan. However, God kept me safe from the door inadvertently open by my "christian" friends at that time.

A perverse person is someone who comes across as being at cross purposes to other people. That is to say someone who sees things very differently to what the crowd sees as the normally accepted understanding or tradition.

This can be seen in what I post on this forum. I present opposing views to the usual crowd and am often abused by them because of their lack of scholarship/understanding.

Many OT prophets were considered to be perverse in that they brought words from God that the recipients considered to be contrary to their understanding of their status with God and the consequences of that status. Because of this many of the prophets were killed by the nation(s) of Israel.

Their "word" actually strengthened me in my understanding of God's purposes for me. Many years ago a "prophet" prayed over me that I would be like the Prophet Jeremiah and he was very confused by the word he had received concerning me.

We have to have discernment to uncover the truth of the matter when other people speak words over us and when the word is not from God to return that word back to God so that He can deal with them according to His love for them for correction.

Be encouraged by God as He often allows us to be tested, and it is our response during these times of testing that God is interested in. As we respond appropriately during these times of testing, He gives us the strength to rise up to continue our relationship with Him in a stronger sense with more power/ability than before.

May the Lord God continue to empower you for His purposes through you as you fulfil them.

Shalom
Thank you for sharing that xx
Rita

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First, thanks for the reply, second, read Romans starting at chapter 5 to chapter 8. but here is a simple, concering the flesh.

Romans 7:14 "For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Romans 7:15 "For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Romans 7:16 "If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Romans 7:17 "Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Romans 7:18 "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Romans 7:19 "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Romans 7:20 "Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Romans 7:21 "I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Romans 7:22 "For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Romans 7:23 "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Romans 7:24 "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Romans 7:25 "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:2 "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Romans 8:4 "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Now one more, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
******1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us".

let's see it plain, Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:17 "For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. (Romans 7 sound Familiar?)

I hope this help, but read those chapters in Romans. you're correct in the sealing of our "spirts", but it is our flesh we must deal with.

Yes--I deliberately chose not to discuss the "flesh" in my postings on this OP. What Paul seems to be saying in Romans 7 is that, as long as we remain within our mortal flesh, our flesh and the Holy Spirit within us, are at war with each other. "Sins of the flesh" include greed, lust, anger/rage, envy, laziness, slander, gluttony, and drunkenness (this is not an exhaustive list). Apparently, those in the church at Rome raised these points with Paul (they lived within a VERY libertine, hedonistic and often coarse society). It is not clear that Paul was even speaking of himself but rather laying out the principles of how the flesh operates in the lives of all of us. It is often related to our fear of inadequate provision as well as our fear of death, which the writer of Hebrews (and it may have been Paul--we don't know who wrote Hebrews) says holds humans as prisoners. (Hebrews 2:15) But Paul insists that we can have victory over all of our fleshly impulses through walking in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16) and turns to that theme in Romans 8.

At the same time, living a life controlled by the Holy Spirit is NOT asceticism. Asceticism was promoted by Greco-Roman philosophers in reaction to the extreme hedonism of much of the Roman Empire. Asceticism was also practiced in the Far East and the Middle East as man's way of "reaching closer" to whatever god they were seeking. However, the Bible makes it clear that our creature comforts were and are provided by God and we should be grateful for them. But the Bible also makes clear that living only to satisfy the flesh is deadly. If we walk in the Spirit, He will moderate our tendency to excess. (see Ephesians 5:18)

Last edited:
Reactions: Plady and Episkopos

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--I deliberately chose not to discuss the "flesh" in my postings on this OP. What Paul seems to be saying in Romans 7 is that, as long as we remain within our mortal flesh, our flesh and the Holy Spirit within us, are at war with each other. "Sins of the flesh" include greed, lust, envy, laziness, slander, gluttony, and drunkenness (this is not an exhaustive list). Apparently, those in the church at Rome raised these points with Paul (they lived within a VERY libertine, hedonistic and often coarse society). It is not clear that Paul was even speaking of himself but rather laying out the principles of how the flesh operates in the lives of all of us. It is often related to our fear of inadequate provision as well as our fear of death, which the writer of Hebrews (and it may have been Paul--we don't know who wrote Hebrews) says holds humans as prisoners. (Hebrews 2:15) But Paul insists that we can have victory over all of our fleshly impulses through walking in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16) and turns to that theme in Romans 8.

At the same time, living a life controlled by the Holy Spirit is NOT asceticism. Asceticism was promoted by Greco-Roman philosophers in reaction to the extreme hedonism of much of the Roman Empire. Asceticism was also practiced in the Far East and the Middle East as man's way of "reaching closer" to whatever god they were seeking. However, the Bible makes it clear that our creature comforts were and are provided by God and we should be grateful for them. But the Bible also makes clear that living only to satisfy the flesh is deadly.
first thanks for your reply. second, our lives should not be a life of Asceticism. listen, Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me".

this is why we have the NT, listen, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous". God made provisions in the covenant to counter the effect of sin untill Christ is formed in you.

hence the reason why Paul said, Galatians 2:21 "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain".

Now God by the way of the apostle Paul give us the answer to not sin. Romans 6:12 "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. (bingo, that's our problem, now the fix)
Romans 6:13 "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

there it is, ACT LIKE YOU'RE DEAD TO SIN. see in verse 12, "LET" it's a condition to or not to sin. but untill Christ is formed in you we have 1 John 1:8 until Christ is Formed in us, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness".

confession is GOOD for the soul, thank God for for the New Covenant. and as the apostle satates PRAY, hence we have help there, Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

thank God for the Holy Spirit.

PICJAG.

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... If you have never seen demons in action in Christians, you obviously have led a very quiet christian life.
There's a story in Saint John Cassian's Conferences, when discussing the gift of discernment (discretion), that illustrates the exact same sentiment you have just expressed:

There was once a very zealous brother who was greatly troubled by the demon of fornication. He went to a certain father and confessed his private thoughts to him; but this father, being inexperienced, became angry when he heard about them and told the brother that he was contemptible and unworthy of the monastic habit for having entertained thoughts such as these.
When the brother heard this, he lost heart, left his cell and set off back to the world. Through God's providence, however, Abba Apollos, one of the most experienced of the elders, chanced to meet him and, seeing him over-wrought and very despondent, asked him why he was in this state. At first the brother did not reply because he was so depressed but, after the elder had pleaded with him, he told him what was wrong, saying: "Because I was often troubled by evil thoughts, I went to tell them to the elder; and as he said I have no hope of salvation, I have given up and am now on my way back to the world."
When Abba Apollos heard this, he comforted and encouraged him, saying: "Do not be surprised, my child, and do not lose hope. I too, old and grey as I am, am still much troubled by these thoughts. Do not be discouraged by this burning desire, which is healed not so much by human effort as by God's compassion. Please do this for me: go back to your cell just for today."
This the brother did; and Apollos, after leaving him, went to the cell of the elder who had caused his despair. Standing outside he implored God with tears and said: "O Lord, who puts us to the test for our own benefit, let this elder be given the brother's battle, so that in old age he may learn through experience what he has not been taught over these many years: how to feel sympathy with those who are under attack by the demons."
As he finished his prayer, he saw a dark figure standing near the cell shooting arrows at the elder. Wounded by the arrows, the elder at once began to stumble back and forth as though drunk. Unable to withstand the attack, he finally left his cell and set off for the world by the same road that the young monk had taken.
Seeing what had happened, Abba Apollos confronted him, and asked him where he was going and why he was so troubled. Although he realized that the holy man knew what was wrong with him, he was too ashamed to say anything. Abba Apollos then said to him: "Return to your cell, and in the future recognize your own weakness. The devil has either not noticed or has despised you, and so not thought you worth fighting. Not that there has been any question of a fight: you could not stand up to his provocation even for a day! This has happened to you because, when you received a younger brother who was being attacked by our common enemy, you drove him to despair instead of preparing him for battle. You did not recall that wise precept: 'Deliver them that are being led away to death; and redeem them that are appointed to be slain' (Proverbs 24:11. LXX). You did not even remember the parable of our Savior, which teaches us not to break a bruised reed or quench smoking flax (cf. Matthew 12:20). None of us could endure the plots of the enemy, or allay the fiery turmoil of our nature, if God's grace did not protect our human weakness. Seeing, then, that God has had this compassion for us, let us pray to Him together and ask Him to withdraw the whip with which He has lashed you. 'For He wounds but binds up; He strikes but His hands heal’ (Job 5:18). “The Lord kills and gives life; he brings down to the grave and raises again. . . . He brings low and lifts up’ (1 Samuel 2:6-7)."​

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
first thanks for your reply. second, our lives should not be a life of Asceticism. listen, Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me".

Yes--some have confused the "Christian life" with asceticism--Francis of Assisi would be one of the more prominent examples. One of the main problems with trying to combine asceticism with Christianity, is that asceticism often inspires haughtiness and pride in its practitioners (and we know how God feels about THAT!) (Proverbs 6:16-23). It has been said, by those who have studied his life, that Francis of Assisi could be quite cold and forbidding with those who served under his leadership. The RCC has been plagued with a vein of extreme hedonism on one side (the practices of some of the Popes would make a pagan blush) and a vein of asceticism on the other.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@icxn

Thank you for your story. True all are tempted in mind, on many levels .
Praise God temptation is not sin.
Hebrews - 4
15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

I believe temptation will be with us unto the end and our last breath.

Reactions: icxn

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--some have confused the "Christian life" with asceticism--Francis of Assisi would be one of the more prominent examples. One of the main problems with trying to combine asceticism with Christianity, is that asceticism often inspires haughtiness and pride in its practitioners (and we know how God feels about THAT!) (Proverbs 6:16-23). It has been said, by those who have studied his life, that Francis of Assisi could be quite cold and forbidding with those who served under his leadership. The RCC has been plagued with a vein of extreme hedonism on one side (the practices of some of the Popes would make a pagan blush) and a vein of asceticism on the other.

Monks, hermits and all that nonsense is absolutely not taught in the Bible,

Marriage is taught in the Bible in contradiction to Catholicism.

Catholicism has adopted so many pagan practices and beliefs.

That is why the religion is mystery Babylon in the Bible.