Can a Christian have a demon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been through depossessions in the past. In Teen Challenge I was. It was a very scary experience. I don't know what to think...but I saw a lot of things I wish never to see again.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ive been through depossessions in the past. In Teen Challenge I was. It was a very scary experience. I don't know what to think...but I saw a lot of things I wish never to see again.

Yes, those manifestations show the true ugliness of Satan. He is, however, a master of illusion and can even appear as "an angel of light" according to the Scriptures.

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can understand it if it simply means identification with a particular person for a particular reason.

(Since I don't see demons indwelling those whom the Holy Spirit indwells, I don't see the need for ceremonies for the eviction of demons from true believers in the Lord Jesus.)
I’ve only observed this within certain denominations. Demon possession recognition that is

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked up what a Jezebel spirit is - absolutely stunned that ' someone ' would think that of me , taken and Helen. The worst ' demonic ' power in satans kingdom.
It' encourages marriages to break up, murder, lie, and play games '
Honestly - someone thinks I broke up my marriage, and lie and play games and came here with a motive.
Yes, you have deeply wounded me, Satan scored a home run and it impacted me- I am not as thick skinned as Helen and taken.
I realise to many that archangel was a random poster, but I do not believe that- and I am making that known. It was manipulative, and posted with intent.
So well done ' whoever you are '
I apologise if any reader thinks I am wrong to respond, I left distance between a proper response and this post, I needed to.........
I could have private messaged archangel, but the accusation was made publically.
Rita

Prayers...

Reactions: Butterfly

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You could’ve been Graciebele

LOL ..no doubt you saw the 'offending' post re 3 Jezebels :D
Were you here yesterday? If so I must have missed you.. you seemed 'noticeable by your absence.'

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I looked up what a Jezebel spirit is - absolutely stunned that ' someone ' would think that of me , taken and Helen. The worst ' demonic ' power in satans kingdom.
Honestly - someone thinks I broke up my marriage, and lie and play games and came here with a motive.
Yes, you have deeply wounded me, Satan scored a home run and it impacted me- I am not as thick skinned as Helen and taken.
I realise to many that archangel was a random poster, but I do not believe that- and I am making that known. It was manipulative, and posted with intent.
I apologise if any reader thinks I am wrong to respond, I left distance between a proper response and this post, I needed to.........
I could have private messaged archangel, but the accusation was made publically.
Rita

Oh Rita, I am so sorry. I thought you were doing good, and you did do well , three cheers. Yes, you are much more tender hearted than me, I can't speak for @Taken, but I think so.
As you know..as this "Archangel", came on the site..JUST posted that one post, then left again and has not been seen since. We do know who it was!

They made a fool of themselves, it would have been more subtle and 'maybe' fooled people if they had bothered to post in a couple of other threads to make is 'appear' like a genuine member. But they showed their hand. :D

Rita, please don't be upset, 'they' are not worth it...really. It is them that looks stupid. Archangel's post wasn't even worth 'reporting'.
I am glad that I know that you are 'made of rubber , and you will bounce back in due time.
I must say...I knew I and @Taken could take it in our stride. I was somewhat shocked at the accusation was thrown at YOU too!! You don't post half am much as Taken and myself. PLEASE don't let this slow you down. Don't let them manipulate and win over you.

Bless you Rita...Helen.

B

Butterfly

Oh Rita, I am so sorry. I thought you were doing good, and you did do well , three cheers. Yes, you are much more tender hearted than me, I can't speak for @Taken, but I think so.
As you know..as this "Archangel", came on the site..JUST posted that one post, then left again and has not been seen since. We do know who it was!

They made a fool of themselves, it would have been more subtle and 'maybe' fooled people if they had bothered to post in a couple of other threads to make is 'appear' like a genuine member. But they showed their hand. :D

Rita, please don't be upset, 'they' are not worth it...really. It is them that looks stupid. Archangel's post wasn't even worth 'reporting'.
I am glad that I know that you are 'made of rubber , and you will bounce back in due time.
I must say...I knew I and @Taken could take it in our stride. I was somewhat shocked at the accusation was thrown at YOU too!! You don't post half am much as Taken and myself. PLEASE don't let this slow you down. Don't let them manipulate and win over you.

Bless you Rita...Helen.
Thanks Helen, I am ok, I wasn't because the attack absolutely blind sided me. All of us have weak spots, and they hit mine. Perhaps if they had accused me of having a different kind of spirit it wouldn't have had the same impact. ' Jezebel' to me is about reputauation as much as having a really horrible nature. I guess I just needed to make a statement - it helped. I left it a day as I did not want to post out of anger - I thought about it and decided that I had a right before God to speak out - so I did.
It's actually about finding my voice, rather than just taking it from people ( so it's a good thing )
Xxxxx
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita

Hey ~ Just saw this post.
Sorry that post got to you.

Hope you can realize there are alot of little people who take on the characteristics of weasels and snakes, Who attack, then slither off because they Are Cowards.

You know your Truth about yourself, and so does the Lord and your friends.....
Please don't give consideration to be bothered by what some Coward thinks or says.

God Bless you,
Taken

B

Butterfly

Hey ~ Just saw this post.
Sorry that post got to you.

Hope you can realize there are alot of little people who take on the characteristics of weasels and snakes, Who attack, then slither off because they Are Cowards.

You know your Truth about yourself, and so does the Lord and your friends.....
Please don't give consideration to be bothered by what some Coward thinks or says.

God Bless you,
Taken
I am fine now taken, thank you x
What does bother me is If that person honestly believes they have the gift of discernment , they could be going round making judgements about so many people and issues - satan can use them so easily , yet they believe they are serving God so well - kind of sad.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does bother me is If that person honestly believes they have the gift of discernment , they could be going round making judgements about so many people and issues - satan can use them so easily , yet they believe they are serving God so well - kind of sad.

Yes--it is like Saul/Paul going around persecuting Christians. He thought he was serving God--until the scales came off his eyes.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

People use the name of God all the time...
To serve themselves.

It's the oldest trick in the book.

Sad, however, it is part of the Big Picture, to expect it and know you have overcome it.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Butterfly

Many Christians who do not understand you will "seek" a word to understand what you are like.

Back in 2001 I was overseas on a 3 month trip to a third world country. I was travelling by myself.

The sort are received word from their god was "perverse".

When I was approached by the husband of the main person who did not understand me, (she saw a demon behind every door knob, bush or rock), I responded by saying that I was as "perverse" as he was. This was interpreted by them that I was a sexually perverse person and they treated me as such and would not have anything more to do with me and had me thrown out of the accommodation that I was in. A person from their group was also renting a room in the same accommodation, and it is my understanding he was very jealous of my financial circumstances in comparison to his. He was the sort of person who invalidated others and had a need to be "safe." He was wanting at that time to go to the USA where his wife was living at that time.

The group began praying against my supposed "sexual perversion," whereas, if they had considered the meaning of the word "perversion," they would have come to a very different understand of who I was. Their prayers at that time did open me up to attacks from Satan. However, God kept me safe from the door inadvertently open by my "christian" friends at that time.

A perverse person is someone who comes across as being at cross purposes to other people. That is to say someone who sees things very differently to what the crowd sees as the normally accepted understanding or tradition.

This can be seen in what I post on this forum. I present opposing views to the usual crowd and am often abused by them because of their lack of scholarship/understanding.

Many OT prophets were considered to be perverse in that they brought words from God that the recipients considered to be contrary to their understanding of their status with God and the consequences of that status. Because of this many of the prophets were killed by the nation(s) of Israel.

Their "word" actually strengthened me in my understanding of God's purposes for me. Many years ago a "prophet" prayed over me that I would be like the Prophet Jeremiah and he was very confused by the word he had received concerning me.

We have to have discernment to uncover the truth of the matter when other people speak words over us and when the word is not from God to return that word back to God so that He can deal with them according to His love for them for correction.

Be encouraged by God as He often allows us to be tested, and it is our response during these times of testing that God is interested in. As we respond appropriately during these times of testing, He gives us the strength to rise up to continue our relationship with Him in a stronger sense with more power/ability than before.

May the Lord God continue to empower you for His purposes through you as you fulfil them.

Shalom

Reactions: Butterfly and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No biblical Christian can have a demon. Anyone teaching that is a false teacher.

Haha! says you. Maybe one day you will face to face with one..then you'll really know if demons can occupy a christian.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's what the devil wants you to think. People give ground to deceiving spirits, especially when they are christian sounding.

I would agree. The reason why I agree is that I know that there are real Christians and then there are "christians". I once knew a guy who called himself a "Christian atheist". I asked him why he called himself that and he said that he thought that Christianity was a force for good in the world but he was not personally, a believer. I'm rather certain that he did not have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit and the Bible is very clear that if someone does not have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, that person is not even a Christian. (see Romans 8:9)

I agree that the Holy Spirit will not indwell a person who is infested with one or more demons. That is why ridding someone of demons is useless unless that person comes to salvation. Jesus taught about that when He spoke of a "house" being swept clean and the demon decides to go back to the person from whom he was cast out. He takes even more evil demons with him and so the condition of that person is worse than it was when he only had one demon. In Jesus' time, there were all sorts of people going around "casting out demons" (just as there are among pagans today) but, unless they come to saving faith in Christ, it is a big waste of time and energy.

Reactions: Episkopos

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! says you. Maybe one day you will face to face with one..then you'll really know if demons can occupy a christian.
I know they cannot from scripture. I would like to ask you and all of the demonoligists,
Does the Holy Spirit share space with this church member so the demon can have some fun?