Can I still go to heaven or not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up in the Christian Church and knew about the power of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. There was a time in my life at age 14 after hearing about the unforgivable sin, I believed the lie of the pharisees when they said that Jesus has a demonic spirit and I feel like it's too late for me. I don't have godly sorrow and I tried to come to Christ several times but I damaged my life forever at age 14. I feel like the most abnormal case in the world. 99.9% of the world's population did not experience what I experience at age 14 and I went way too far than most of them. Even Apostle Paul is better than me. I don't have genuine saving faith or repentance. I wish that I had something else to put my mind on at such a young age. What should I do now?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You seem to be still anxious about this. Just go back and read the answers given to you on your other - similar - thread.

If you really have blasphemed the Holy Spirit then you will have to suffer the consequences but I really don't believe you have. Believing a lie isn't blasphemy. The enemy is always telling us lies but as we mature we learn to recognise them and refute them.

You need to ask God to show you His love for you as it seems you have a low self esteem. God is a god of love, a Father who knows that we are just dust.

Psalm 103:13-14
As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.

Instead of trusting in your own judgement of yourself trust instead the Word of God. We are to judge nobody, not even ourselves, so turn to God and don't beat yourself up about something that happened when you were 14. How many years ago was that? Years that could have been filled with love and joy and peace.

It is so sad that Christians do beat themselves up instead of living in the joy and abundant life bought for us by Jesus with His own blood.

It sounds to me as if the Christians you encountered as a young lad must have been of the hell fire brigade rather than have the compassionate nature of Jesus.

Forums like don't always give you a true perspective on things as there too many cultish points of view, but I went back and read some of the answers on your earlier thread and many of them make sense.

If you can, it might be better to seek out somebody face to face - someone you trust who will not condemn you.

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Hope it helps, but really it's up to you - you have to let go of your fear and anxiety.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

To close, I would say that there is more to the bible than the bit about blaspheming the Spirit. Start reading the gospels prayerfully and with an open mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be still anxious about this. Just go back and read the answers given to you on your other - similar - thread.

If you really have blasphemed the Holy Spirit then you will have to suffer the consequences but I really don't believe you have. Believing a lie isn't blasphemy. The enemy is always telling us lies but as we mature we learn to recognise them and refute them.

You need to ask God to show you His love for you as it seems you have a low self esteem. God is a god of love, a Father who knows that we are just dust.

Psalm 103:13-14
As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.

Instead of trusting in your own judgement of yourself trust instead the Word of God. We are to judge nobody, not even ourselves, so turn to God and don't beat yourself up about something that happened when you were 14. How many years ago was that? Years that could have been filled with love and joy and peace.

It is so sad that Christians do beat themselves up instead of living in the joy and abundant life bought for us by Jesus with His own blood.

It sounds to me as if the Christians you encountered as a young lad must have been of the hell fire brigade rather than have the compassionate nature of Jesus.

Forums like don't always give you a true perspective on things as there too many points of view but I went back and read some of the answers on your earlier thread and many of them make sense.

If you can it might be better to seek out somebody face to face - someone you trust who will not condemn you.

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Hope it helps, but really it's up to you - you have to let go of your fear and anxiety.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

To close, I would say that there is more to the bible than the bit about blaspheming the Spirit. Start reading the gospels prayerfully and with an open mind.
But if what I did at age 14 wasn't blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, then what is it? If I never heard about the unforgivable sin, I would have never been in this situation. Hypothetically, what should someone do if they have? I feel like I messed up more than 99.9% of the people in the world because nobody went through what I went through.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up in the Christian Church and knew about the power of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. There was a time in my life at age 14 after hearing about the unforgivable sin, I believed the lie of the pharisees when they said that Jesus has a demonic spirit and I feel like it's too late for me. I don't have godly sorrow and I tried to come to Christ several times but I damaged my life forever at age 14. I feel like the most abnormal case in the world. 99.9% of the world's population did not experience what I experience at age 14 and I went way too far than most of them. Even Apostle Paul is better than me. I don't have genuine saving faith or repentance. I wish that I had something else to put my mind on at such a young age. What should I do now?

Why don't you turn to Jesus and become reconciled to God? He calls all to come to him who are weary and heavy-burdened and will turn no one away who truly comes to him in faith and sincerely wants to find rest in him. Ask God to open your heart to know him. There is no reason why you can't be forgiven of your sins unless you just don't want to be forgiven.

But if what I did at age 14 wasn't blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, then what is it? If I never heard about the unforgivable sin, I would have never been in this situation. Hypothetically, what should someone do if they have? I feel like I messed up more than 99.9% of the people in the world because nobody went through what I went through.

If you're worried that you wouldn't be forgiven since you committed the unforgiveable sin, then Jesus would be lying when he says "I will in no way turn anyone away who calls on me." Why don't you trust Jesus and turn to him. He promises you that he will not turn you away. God cannot lie. He won't turn you away when you come to him, no matter what your sin is.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The very fact that you think was blasphemy is a sign that it wasn't and that for all these years you have listened to the words of Satan. As a fairly new Christian my husband experienced the same fear as you do - that he had blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Did you ever as an adult claim that Jesus was possessed by a demon? Believing in the lie is not the same as claiming it. And you were only a boy. Accept God's forgiveness, forgive yourself and grow in faith, Who knows what good things God has for you.

Reactions: dhh712 and marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1189ee3f4593843b6c7e0fdb4122e3b9.jpg

Reactions: Lambano

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you have read, "As long as today is called today." That is how long you have.

So, no, it is not too late for you to believe in your heart that God is the God, and has sent His son Jesus Christ to save the world from sin, confess your sins (which is anything against God), and change (repent)--you shall be saved from the death at the end of this life in the world that awaits all who do not.

Live it.

Reactions: Lambano and Pearl

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stop obsessing about your past. Christ wants you to be saved....you ain't going to do it alone.
Stop worrying about if you have enough faith.
If you want to be saved, pick up the Bible and decide that you are going to be a biblical expert. Somewhere along the way the Holy Spirit will fill your heart.
Salvation is not an instant in time....workout your salvation with fear and trembling.

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very fact that you think was blasphemy is a sign that it wasn't and that for all these years you have listened to the words of Satan. As a fairly new Christian my husband experienced the same fear as you do - that he had blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Did you ever as an adult claim that Jesus was possessed by a demon? Believing in the lie is not the same as claiming it. And you were only a boy. Accept God's forgiveness, forgive yourself and grow in faith, Who knows what good things God has for you.
Well, no I never said anything out loud, even as a kid. However at the age of 14, I knew that Jesus was God but I just kept thinking those thoughts that day and had some doubts that the pharisees were right. I quickly believed it and everything happened so fast like I literally was trying to force my brain not to have those thoughts but I messed up so bad that it's not even funny. Literally no normal human being has been through what I have been through. Immediately the moment I believed what the pharisees said, I felt something leave from me and I tried to stop it but it was too late. Now at the age of 22, I don't feel the same. I rarely feel the Holy Spirit of God and now I feel like I am damaged beyond repair.

Reactions: Pearl

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop obsessing about your past. Christ wants you to be saved....you ain't going to do it alone.
Stop worrying about if you have enough faith.
If you want to be saved, pick up the Bible and decide that you are going to be a biblical expert. Somewhere along the way the Holy Spirit will fill your heart.
Salvation is not an instant in time....workout your salvation with fear and trembling.
I don't believe that I can be saved because I believe what I did as a kid was unforgivable. It's hard for me to imagine. Nobody has been as far as me.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that I can be saved because I believe what I did as a kid was unforgivable. It's hard for me to imagine. Nobody has been as far as me.

You are limiting the power of God. That is a mistake. Do you want to go to hell?
Did you believe when you were Baptized?

Reactions: Nancy

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish so knew the verses but I listened to a good preacher a while ago and with scripture he showed how that the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the complete rejection of Christ. It is considered blasphemous by God.

So don’t worry! If you had completely rejected Jesus you wouldn’t be on a Christian website looking for help and forgiveness!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who are you going to believe going forward - yourself or God? To be saved you just need to put the past and your past deeds behind you and accept Jesus as you Saviour. DO NOT continue to believe the lies of the devil. Now that would be unacceptable to God.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, @Jason1910,

You're just going to have to trust the loving-kindness, mercy, and grace of a God who was willing to have His own Son die for unforgivable sins. For YOU. Because I don't see that you have any other choice now. Do you?

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. You were 14.
2. You may have blasphemed against Jesus, but blaspheming against Jesus is NOT the same thing as blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.

Jesus tells us in Matthew 13:31,32 " Therefore, I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And, whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the holy Spirit will not be forgiven in this age or in the age to come."

The sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has to be deliberate...committed with full knowledge and consent. It basically means that one has completely refused to repent from sin and accept forgiveness. It is the "sin committed by the person who claims to have a 'right' to persist in evil" (Dominum et Vivificantem, 46).

What others have said on this thread is true. Read it, again and again.

Reactions: dhh712 and Nancy