Can salvation be lost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LoL!

Yes. But not everyone has passed their spiritual driver's test yet.

b1dc07fa1e21876fac65af2a034ff6eb.gif
You wouldn't be calling me a crash-test dummy now, would you?
While accurate, it still wouldn't be nice! :)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who "depart from the Faith" are not saints.
Amen! Those who depart from "the faith" (Greek tês pisteôs) means the apostolic faith, the New Testament apostolic body of doctrines. Some who are in a state of professing adherence to the apostolic faith, nevertheless will in both doctrine and practice depart from it, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, as we read in 1 Timothy 4:1, demonstrating they are not saints who are preserved forever.

Reactions: Truman

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Those who depart from "the faith" (Greek tês pisteôs) means the apostolic faith, the New Testament apostolic body of doctrines. Some who are in a state of professing adherence to the apostolic faith, nevertheless will in both doctrine and practice depart from it, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, as we read in 1 Timothy 4:1, demonstrating they are not saints who are preserved forever.
You can't depart from the Faith unless you were of the Faith. They WERE Christians.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like my hairbrush, I also lost her...I hope I can get them both back. With God, all things are possible. :)
However, my mom passed back in 2004. Her name is Beulah Harper. When she was young, she led song in church. No one was ever kinder to me.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like my hairbrush, I also lost her...I hope I can get them both back. With God, all things are possible. :) However, my mom passed back in 2004. Her name is Beulah Harper. When she was young, she led song in church. No one was ever kinder to me.

:)

That's what will make it all worth while. Going home. :)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't depart from the Faith unless you were of the Faith. They WERE Christians.
Typical flawed argument. You can depart from a state of professing adherence to the faith, which was the case. Christians/saints are preserved forever. (Psalm 37:28) Your argument is not in harmony with being preserved forever. There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers throughout scripture mixed together. (Matthew 7:22-23; Matthew 13:24-30; 2 Corinthians 11:26; Galatians 2:4; 2 Corinthians 11:13-14; 2 Peter 2:1-3; 1 John 2:19; Jude 1:4)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical flawed argument. You can depart from a state of professing adherence to the faith, which was the case. Christians/saints are preserved forever. (Psalm 37:28) Your argument is not in harmony with being preserved forever. There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers throughout scripture mixed together. (Matthew 7:22-23; Matthew 13:24-30; 2 Corinthians 11:26; Galatians 2:4; 2 Corinthians 11:13-14; 2 Peter 2:1-3; 1 John 2:19; Jude 1:4)
I hope you're right! I can't lose! I hope you don't have blood on your hands on Judgment Day.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you're right! I can't lose! I hope you don't have blood on your hands on Judgment Day.
Why would I have blood on my hands? I don't teach a license to sin or that unbelievers will be saved. I teach that genuine believers will be saved and God preserves His saints and they are sealed with the Holy Spirit until the redemption of the purchased possession/unto the day of redemption (Psalm 37:28; Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30) just like scripture says.

Reactions: charity

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I have blood on my hands? I don't teach a license to sin or that unbelievers will be saved. I teach that genuine believers will be saved and God preserves His saints and they are sealed with the Holy Spirit until the redemption of the purchased possession/unto the day of redemption (Psalm 37:28; Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30) just like scripture says.
Why preach OSAS? What does it accomplish? You tell baby Christians they can do anything and NEVER be lost?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep saying, "you can't lose" yet are you trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of your salvation from beginning to end? I often hear people in the NOSAS camp teach that Jesus initially saves us by grace through faith, then after that it's "our performance" (works) that keep us saved. That's what I call "type 2 works salvation" yet not everyone in the NOSAS camp teaches that.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep saying, "you can't lose" yet are you trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of your salvation from beginning to end? I often hear people in the NOSAS camp teach that Jesus initially saves us by grace through faith, then after that it's "our performance" (works) that keep us saved. That's what I call "type 2 works salvation."
Translation: If you don't believe OSAS you're not saved!

OSASers are the most judgmental people I have ever conversed with!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why preach OSAS? What does it accomplish? You tell baby Christians they can do anything and NEVER be lost?
I don't tell them they can do anything and encourage a license to sin. Those who are truly born of God have become "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4) and have new appetites and desires.

Reactions: charity

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't tell them they can do anything and encourage a license to sin. Those who are truly born of God have become "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4) and have new appetites and desires.
Do you tell them they can NEVER be lost no matter what they do?