Can We as Saved Christians Lose Our Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Ok so I am unstudied and confused, so let's read the passage together and see;

Matthew 22:40 Lexicon: "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

now it should be obvious that if "all the law and prophets" are being invoked, then they are not "not needed" at all; they depend. The Two (or even one, Galatians 5:14 Lexicon: For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.") are a summation, if you accomplish those you fulfill the others, iow you do not negate the others, at least not unless you are an ordained pastor bent on ignoring the Scripture you cannot confront I guess.
The Two are not a summary of the Ten. The Two are beyond the reach of good people. So the Ten hung from the Two at a level bad people could understand, up to a point, and obey. Not because they wanted to, but because God threatened to kill them if they did not.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just one of those guys who thinks a husband should only have eyes for his wife and the thought of plowing in another man's field is just gross to me.

Shouldn't we feel the same way about Jesus?
Quick question Phoneman since I am not sure what you are saying:

Do you feel mercy will triumph over judgment?

Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The Two are not a summary of the Ten. The Two are beyond the reach of good people. So the Ten hung from the Two at a level bad people could understand, up to a point, and obey. Not because they wanted to, but because God threatened to kill them if they did not.
...if you accomplish those you fulfill the others, iow you do not negate the others, at least not unless you are an ordained pastor bent on ignoring the Scripture you cannot confront I guess.

Now Dave will provide you some kind of satanic cover here, sans Scripture of course, but I am done unless someone else has a rebuttal. Y'all have a nice day

Reactions: Phoneman777
D

Dave L

this part is whacked too btw, you don't even understand "the law of sin and death?"
God also appealed to their greed promising wealth for obedience. If these were good people, they would obey as an end in itself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have places to be Dave, no offense ok, but if you can't figure out that "pretty sure" is a qualifier of that, then I can't really make it much clearer
God also appealed to their greed promising wealth for obedience. If these were good people, they would obey as an end in itself.
Sorry Dave, you're wanting to change the subject here and I understand ok, but I'm not caught up yet I guess.

I'm not sure about your position on going to heaven after you have died, so I would have to ask your definition of Eternal before I commented on your diversion ok. Those people were prolly better than either of me, and you can pretend you are better than them if you like. May as well declare yourself wise while you're at it eh

D

Dave L

Sorry Dave, you're wanting to change the subject here and I understand ok, but I'm not caught up yet I guess.

I'm not sure about your position on going to heaven after you have died, so I would have to ask your definition of Eternal before I commented on your diversion ok
On what basis do you think you might be saved, if at all?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not need the Ten Commandments which are abolished.
There's no penalty for the manufacture, sale, purchase, and consumption of alcohol because Prohibition was abolished.

Are you saying there's no penalty for worshiping the devil since the First Commandment along with the other Nine Commandments are abolished?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Narrow is the way, and few there are who find it

or you can go do Death More Abundantly with Dave, who cannot confess.
not meaning to be rude, but I think those are the choices

Obviously--except to the blind--the whole point of doing the Two is to fulfill the Ten, right, not negate them. It's up to you to verify that you are not following an idiot, ok
Exactly. If we love God, we'll keep the first four, and if our neighbor, the last six.

Dave knows full well that the words of James are truth when he says any Christian convert who commits adultery or murder becomes a "transgressor of the law" (James 2:11) in the sight of God, but to publicly admit that would expose his hypocrisy regarding the Sabbath question...because to insist the Ten Commandments are abolished while refusing to answer a challenge to publicly declare we may freely disregard all Ten of them speaks volumes of his supposed confidence in what he deems to be "truth".

Reactions: bbyrd009

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quick question Phoneman since I am not sure what you are saying:

Do you feel mercy will triumph over judgment?

Mary
The one will never gain the ascendancy over the other - both being attributes of God, they are equal one to the other. The Cross allows God to be both "Just" in condemning the sinner, but also the "Justifier" of him who cries out "nothing in my hand I bring, simply to the Cross I cling". At the Cross was fulfilled the prophecy of Psalms 85:10:

"Mercy and truth are met together,
Righteousness and peace have kissed each other".

God's righteousness condemns our unrighteousness but He has peace to all who kneel at the Cross.

His truth - commandments (Psalms 119:151) - condemn sin, but His mercy awaits at the foot of the Cross.

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

There's no penalty for the manufacture, sale, purchase, and consumption of alcohol because Prohibition was abolished.

Are you saying there's no penalty for worshiping the devil since the First Commandment along with the other Nine Commandments are abolished?
Save people don't want to worship the devil. And needn't be told not to. Are SDAs a bunch of cutthroats that need to be told not to murder? I would not be comfortable in one of their churches if so.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one will never gain the ascendancy over the other - both being attributes of God, they are equal one to the other. The Cross allows God to be both "Just" in condemning the sinner, but also the "Justifier" of him who cries out "nothing in my hand I bring, simply to the Cross I cling". At the Cross was fulfilled the prophecy of Psalms 85:10:

"Mercy and truth are met together,
Righteousness and peace have kissed each other".

God's righteousness condemns our unrighteousness but He has peace to all who kneel at the Cross.

His truth - commandments (Psalms 119:151) - condemn sin, but His mercy awaits at the foot of the Cross.
Hmmmmm.......I think Scripture disagrees with you: For judgment will be without mercy to anyone who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

Your quote from Psalms speaks of mercy and truth not mercy and judgment.

Thank you for your time.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
On what basis do you think you might be saved, if at all?
The prob there imo is that we have diff notions about what "saved" even means right now Dave, so my reply would not be in the same frame as your q. I came back to note that as kids we often get ridiculed for some little ignorance, and this affects our self-esteem, and causes us to be defensive. But there is absolutely nothing that I know that you don't that is of any value whatsoever imo, ok.

Now you do "know" some stuff that took me a while to unlearn, and I might even say that you are wiser than me or whatever, but I don't mean to imply that you are lacking any knowledge to be "saved" ok. You are likely a better hearted person than I am--I mostly spend my days in various dissipations, smoking dope and shooting pool, etc--and imo you are a natural for Eastern Dialecticism, the dialect in which Scripture was written.

You strike me as a great pastor Dave, believe it or not. You have heart imo.

D

Dave L

The prob there imo is that we have diff notions about what "saved" even means right now Dave, so my reply would not be in the same frame as your q. I came back to note that as kids we often get ridiculed for some little ignorance, and this affects our self-esteem, and causes us to be defensive. But there is absolutely nothing that I know that you don't that is of any value whatsoever imo, ok.

Now you do "know" some stuff that took me a while to unlearn, and I might even say that you are wiser than me or whatever, but I don't mean to imply that you are lacking any knowledge to be "saved" ok. You are likely a better hearted person than I am--I mostly spend my days in various dissipations, smoking dope and shooting pool, etc--and imo you are a natural for Eastern Dialecticism, the dialect in which Scripture was written.

You strike me as a great pastor Dave, believe it or not. You have heart imo.
You smoke dope?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You smoke dope?
Smoke it, grow it, eat it, even save people's lives with it, yes.
That stuff we mostly give away, the Charlotte's Web strains, even though dispensaries offer us a couple Gs a pound. I guess I could lie and say that I only smoke enough to relieve my condition...but I won't

D

Dave L

Smoke it, grow it, eat it, even save people's lives with it, yes.
That stuff we mostly give away, the Charlotte's Web strains, even though dispensaries offer us a couple Gs a pound. I guess I could lie and say that I only smoke enough to relieve my condition...but I won't
This explains why I trouble understanding you. Brings back memories of the 60s.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This explains why I trouble understanding you. Brings back memories of the 60s.
Hmm. Well you might think so, but really smoking makes me more understandable, I should prolly smoke before I come here but I never do. My boss is a Catholic teetotaler who insists that I smoke before we work together, and I have had other indications along those lines.

I have a really low tolerance, don't generally hang with potheads much, don't drink any to speak of, my best friend at the moment, a pothead basically, tells ppl that I don't smoke after I admit that i do, like as a joke

Last edited: