CAN WE FALL AWAY ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I am so glad that I am not "an anything"....I have no box.
I'm probably a mixture of many things...as we walk through life, we choose what we put onto our spiritual plates. Much is just thrown over my shoulder..
Didn't you ever belong to a denominational church?
I know you led home churches.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Didn't you ever belong to a denominational church?
I know you led home churches.

Oh yes. That is why I mentioned " throwing some things over my shoulder and not onto my 'plate'

As a child 5 years Brethren.
Then Methodist.
Then nothing at all for some years..

Then Holiness Mission...5 years
Then Pentecostal ... 6 years
Then we started our own church group...Free Charismatic meetings, it grew quickly..most things did in the 60's 70's
Without even knowing about the next group, we were already feeling led into community living and trying to buy a big house for those who felt the leading for community life together. this was 1972
But then we left England and joined a world wide Movement which was heavy into community living and preached Sonship...20 years in all ( and we moved in the ministry of Deliverance for a few years)
Then we moved here to be close to my daughter and family.
Now we are pretty much non-church meetings ..We have tried many local churches here...but I just can't stomach the wishy washy happy-clappy, powerless teaching in most of them. :(
So we are unchurched. But, my plate is full. :)
Every step has been a lesson in something... No regrets...just good lessons from the Lord.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@GodsGrace

BTW, we didn't just abandon the church in England...we left it with my dad and brother...( both preachers) they led it. And a few of the group followed us to Canada and joined us here.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace

BTW, we didn't just abandon the church in England...we left it with my dad and brother...( both preachers) they led it. And a few of the group followed us to Canada and joined us here.
What a story! And you don't believe in works.
I, otoh, have done very little for the two churches I've belonged to.
Right now, no church. But I might try a third soon.
We need fellowship. We here don't all agree on everything, but we all share love for Jesus and like to read and study His word.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Nancy ~
I think there was a bit of a dilemma going on in some responses to you, regarding CHOOSING, and effecting Salvation.

Bottom line is the Lord PROVIDES all men the OPTION to become Saved. His Provisions are BY Him Calling a man....

The Lord is not using the phone, or texting or whispering in a mans ear.....He has provided His Word for all to Hear, and it is the man WHO chooses to hear, or not.

And it is the man who chooses to continue hearing, to believe what he hears....or not.

And it is the man who chooses to Call on the Lord and Confess his sins, his repentance, and his "FREEWILL" Choice to become Converted....or not.

Some are saying AFTER a Conversion OCCURS, a man CAN REJECT God....which is FALSE.

Their basis is they maintain their FREEWILL.

The FACT IS, they EXERCISED THEIR FREEWILL to Become Converted!

What exactly can such a man then CHANGE?
His MIND? They never say, but the implication is there.

Problem with Changing their MIND, is IT IS NEVER the thoughts of a mans MIND that a man becomes Converted!
The Freewill Confession to the Lord is Alwasy from the thoughts of the HEART!

So are some teaching, the Freewill thoughts of a mans HEART can be Changed AFTER a Conversion?

How can that BE? Part of the Conversion is the man Having his HEART Circumcised, with the OLD....THAT he CONFESSED WITH, Being CUT OFF....DEAD.

Thus How does an OLD, DEAD, Heart then able to Supersede Gods Power and revive this OLD DEAD HEART, so it can exercise its FREEWILL Rejection of God? They never say!

The Lord has provided all men OPTIONS....and details HOW a man can CHOOSE His OPTIONS....and the results of the OPTIONS a man CHOOSES.

A man WHO chooses to heartfully Call on the Lord and Confess & Repent IS making a PERMANENT FREEWILL Choice.....that SHALL NOT be possible to UNDO.

If a man IS WISHY WASHY .... gee, do some really think the Lord is FOOLED, and SAVES a man, ONLY to have the man Reject Him?

Ludicrous! And they teaching thereof, False.

The Lord is not offering to SAVE our Freewill...His offer is to ACCEPT a man Exercising his Freewill, and beforehand notifiying the man....to be Sure of ones choice, and Know the Lord Accepts your Yes Choice as YES, period. It's not some man-made contract that men can wiggle out of in a man-made court, with man-made rules, whining they didn't read the fine print.

God Bless,
Taken

this is still doing/works on our part and inflated egoism/pride when in fact in Him we move and live and have our being this is claiming God's glory for ourselves but He says my glory I will not give to another- we cannot even choose to breath or to even think but we are everywhere certain we do breathe and think - we only think we think whereas in fact thoughts occur as also does breathing - we do not choose to breath or think imho - we had no choice or input in ouir creation and have none either in our salvation praise the Lord - we just dream we have washed, shaved and dressed but are still in bed dreaming[CS Lewis] - twinc

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whenever I make an inquiry of a person, I never ask them about their salvation experience to judge if they are saved or not.

I ask them about their relationship with the God that they are worshipping right at the time that I am asking them the question.

The question cuts to the very heart of the matter regarding their status with respect to their salvation without being judgemental one way or the other.

It is more important for me to be focused on my relationship with the God that I worship, than it is to be focused on whether or not other people around me are in the same head space.

For a RELATIONSHIP with God to work, it is not prescriptive, it is a matter concerning the state of the heart within that relationship with God.

In consideration of my relationship with the people around me, I regularly fall in and out of love with them and they with me.

The same is also true with respect to my relationship with God, except for one small difference. When I fall out of love with God, He still loves me enough to continue the drawing process of me into His loving embrace of fellowship, and his forgiveness.

Shalom

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Whenever I make an inquiry of a person, I never ask them about their salvation experience to judge if they are saved or not.

I ask them about their relationship with the God that they are worshipping right at the time that I am asking them the question.

The question cuts to the very heart of the matter regarding their status with respect to their salvation without being judgemental one way or the other.

It is more important for me to be focused on my relationship with the God that I worship, than it is to be focused on whether or not other people around me are in the same head space.

For a RELATIONSHIP with God to work, it is not prescriptive, it is a matter concerning the state of the heart within that relationship with God.

In consideration of my relationship with the people around me, I regularly fall in and out of love with them and they with me.

The same is also true with respect to my relationship with God, except for one small difference. When I fall out of love with God, He still loves me enough to continue the drawing process of me into His loving embrace of fellowship, and his forgiveness.

Shalom
Two questions.
What do you mean by prescriptive? What does this mean?
How does one fall out of love, then come back, etc?

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...times and seasons...sometime it is warm summer...sometimes it is subzero and cold. We are fickle...we blow hot and cold...God does not.

We get cold, He does not. It "seems' that we are in and out of love, just like with our spouse...sometime he annoys the heck out of him and I don't "feel like" loving him at all!! lol

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Two questions.

stop dreaming = see my reply to post 165 - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did.
You're a little too mysterious for me!
I don't understand you sometimes.
It's almost like you're afraid to speak clearly.

He's fine...I have known him many years, his real name is Jim...he doesn't change much.
I think he is about 94 or 95 now...I can't remember any more, I've lost count.
He is just the same in emails. Maybe bbyrd009 will write like that when he is 95 :)
I'm sure in real life he is sweet.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a story! And you don't believe in works.
I, otoh, have done very little for the two churches I've belonged to.
Right now, no church. But I might try a third soon.
We need fellowship. We here don't all agree on everything, but we all share love for Jesus and like to read and study His word.

"We need fellowship." <--- This has become huge to me, especially since not working anymore, God has answered more of my recent prayers for true fellowship in my Church...was seriously thinking I was being called away-He has given me so many confirmations (I did ask for Him to be really clear as I can miss His answers sometimes) several people from my Church just suddenly "Friended" me on Facebook, the pastors wife whom I have been somewhat hurt by is suddenly answering and replying to post's I put on Caz Girls page (Cazenovia Park Baptist Church)-we just call it Caz. Two of the woman have called me to see how I have been doing, saying they are all praying for me and miss me!!!!!!! He is so awesomely awesome ♥ And if I have not already thanked you and Helen for your prayer---THANK YOU! ♥

Reactions: GodsGrace and Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
He's fine...I have known him many years, his real name is Jim...he doesn't change much.
I think he is about 94 or 95 now...I can't remember any more, I've lost count.
He is just the same in emails. Maybe bbyrd009 will write like that when he is 95 :)
I'm sure in real life he is sweet.
He sounds like a nice person, it's just that sometimes I have a problem understanding spiritual lingo.
I never know if it's me or them!
God bless him.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
"We need fellowship." <--- This has become huge to me, especially since not working anymore, God has answered more of my recent prayers for true fellowship in my Church...was seriously thinking I was being called away-He has given me so many confirmations (I did ask for Him to be really clear as I can miss His answers sometimes) several people from my Church just suddenly "Friended" me on Facebook, the pastors wife whom I have been somewhat hurt by is suddenly answering and replying to post's I put on Caz Girls page (Cazenovia Park Baptist Church)-we just call it Caz. Two of the woman have called me to see how I have been doing, saying they are all praying for me and miss me!!!!!!! He is so awesomely awesome ♥ And if I have not already thanked you and Helen for your prayer---THANK YOU! ♥
God has blessed you richly.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Two questions.

If you follow steps "A", "B" and "C" then your salvation is assured and is the prescriptive way to salvation.

Reactions: Taken and Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If you follow steps "A", "B" and "C" then your salvation is assured and is the prescriptive way to salvation.
Is our salvation prescriptive because we follow the road to Romans?
Know we are sinners
Accept our savior...