Can you repent without works?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
@devin553344 dont listen to vanity:

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

They call Him Lord, Lord but dont think they should obey Him:

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

I resist the notion that this is our doing, because it implies that we can save ourselves by our works, contrary to scripture.
All who can see this, can understand that works have no part to play in going to heaven..... none.

Show me your faith without your works.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

You are being told that the Sacrifice of Christ is not ENOUGH..

It is enough for everyone that repents, since He will not justify the wicked, He cannot remmit the sins of the unrepentant, neither can He rettain the sins of the repentant. His blood was offered so anyone who comes to repentance shall be saved.

"the GIFT of Salvation".

Gifts?

Exodus 23:8 And thou shalt take no gift: for the gift blindeth the wise, and perverteth the words of the righteous.

Proverbs 15:27 He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.

Proverbs 17:23 A wicked man taketh a gift out of the bosom to pervert the ways of judgment.

Isaiah 1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Isaiah 5:22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can do "works" without faith, and without being born again.

Let me show you how your your faith is Completed.

"Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith". See that? Is that you? Are you Jesus? If you are, can you send me a selfie of. your nail scars. ?

Listen..
look at this verse.....Philippians 1:6.......>"God who BEGAN Salvation, in the born again, will Himself be faithful to complete it".

Did you notice.....>"be faithful to complete it"........That's God, Completing your salvation, and CHRIST completing your faith.

You are to be a disciple, because they have done that for you....because they have given you "the GIFT of Salvation".
See that GIFT?
You dont earn that, and you dont keep it.
THEY DO, as they PROVIDED IT on the Cross, Michaelpardo.

John 3:16. It means what it says.

Welcome to Salvation...........and salvation is not by water, its "by my Spirit, saying the Lord".

If you are born again, then your faith and your salvation are in the hands of God and Christ.
Your part, is to perfect your discipleship, and that is not by works, that is by "working out your salvation", which is to exist in it according to revelation knowledge that is to have a renewed mind, which is to walk in the Spirit.
How do you get this knowledge.
From someone like me, who can Teach it. As its all just Pauline Theology, and its rare to find it in these end times.
These things are not self effort......they are instead, revelation knowledge, related to having real faith.
Thank you for teaching what I've already taught, but you're still missing the point that we are saved for good works, not to sit back and pretend we are something when we're not.

10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told in scripture that we are to do works meet for repentance. But what does that mean? Are works required for repentance? I have often heard people say that repentance is stopping sin, but I'm starting to think that repentance is more than just stopping sin. It involves works.

In the NA, AA and other anonymous programs we find that they are designed to turn people to a higher power and direct them to works that appear to make successful their efforts. And I believe these programs to be designed by God, inspired by God.

And now I read that we are to provide "works meet for repentance". And I think those works are the same works Jesus taught throughout the bible. Including baptism and the Holy Sacrament.

Ref:

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 26:20 “But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.”
Repentance is a work..a process.

It is required before being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins.

Repentance = death.

We cannot be buried(baptized) until we are legally dead.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 dont listen to vanity:

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

They call Him Lord, Lord but dont think they should obey Him:

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Show me your faith without your works.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

It is enough for everyone that repents, since He will not justify the wicked, He cannot remmit the sins of the unrepentant, neither can He rettain the sins of the repentant. His blood was offered so anyone who comes to repentance shall be saved.

Gifts?

Exodus 23:8 And thou shalt take no gift: for the gift blindeth the wise, and perverteth the words of the righteous.

Proverbs 15:27 He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.

Proverbs 17:23 A wicked man taketh a gift out of the bosom to pervert the ways of judgment.

Isaiah 1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Isaiah 5:22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
You like to pull contrary verses out of context to deny God's grace. That makes you an enemy of the Cross and subject to God's judgment. Good luck with that.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You like to pull contrary verses out of context to deny God's grace. That makes you an enemy of the Cross and subject to God's judgment. Good luck with that.
You admit there are contrary verses...good.

Now, if a verse is contrary to a verse, either the Bible is wrong or our understanding of the Bible is wrong.

Fix it.

I had to.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the fix.

The works mentioned in the NT that don't save us are the works of the OT Law.

Spirit led works save us.

That's the fix.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You admit there are contrary verses...good.

Now, if a verse is contrary to a verse, either the Bible is wrong or our understanding of the Bible is wrong.

Fix it.

I had to.
I did over 25 years ago. I'm not a babe, nor a young man. I've walked after the Lord for about 30 years and with Him for 26.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did over 25 years ago. I'm not a babe, nor a young man. I've walked after the Lord for about 30 years and with Him for 26.
Praise God, now go get 'em!

Tell them they must obey the Spirit led work of Acts 2:38 to find remission of sins and be saved!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the fix.

Spirit led works save us.

That's the fix.
That's nonsense. We are saved by faith alone. Works are just a proof of His presence.

9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. 1 Corinthians 3:9-15

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Philippians 2:12-13

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's nonsense. We are saved by faith alone. Works are just a proof of His presence.

9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. 1 Corinthians 3:9-15

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Philippians 2:12-13
You skipped Acts 2:38 and took yourself to the letters(epistles) written to the saints that obeyed Acts 2:38?

No wonder you don't understand Spirit led works.

You think Acts 2:38 is NOT a Spirit led work, but a fleshly situation that God did not "set up", correct?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
!

James is correct.

"can faith save you"?

No it can not.
See, God is the Savior, not faith.
God saves you through your faith..

Many, who are heretics, teach that Faith is the savior, but its not.
God is the savior, and these Cross denying Heretics, try to replace the Cross of Christ with..

1.) Faith saves you
2.) Keeping Commandments
3. ) Water Baptism
4.) The Catholic Church.
5.) The gospel of works and self effort

Here is an update from Heaven.

"God came to earth, Virgin born, and died on the Cross.
If you want to go to heaven, then Go to the Cross, and receive Christ.""

If you dont want to go to heaven, then try to keep commandments, and be water baptized 12 or 15 times, and go a church a lot, and trust that your Faith saves you.....and dont forget to try to endure to the end of your life in the Grt Trib, as that's were you are headed, if the Rapture happens today".

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Cross is the only means that God has provided you, so that He will accept you.
Jesus is not kidding = John 14:6
the delusion, that your self effort is EQUAL to Christ's Blood and Death.
TOTALLY Agree! my study on This Most Important ETERNAL Matter,
is God's Simple Will! - As follows:

Precious friend(s), for your Prayerful And Careful consideration:

"But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not
trust
in ourselves, but in God Which raiseth the dead: Who delivered
us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in Whom we trust that He
will yet deliver
us;" (2 Corinthians 1:9-10 KJB!) =

The THREE Tenses Of God's ETERNAL Salvation:

Is not the Solution to Confusion recognizing God's Differences Be-
tween "HIS Relationship With us," And "our fellowship with HIM!"?

God's Will, Today, Under HIS PURE GRACE? Very Simply:

1) Past Tense = "...God delivered us from so great a death...":

God Establishes HIS Eternal Relationship With those who
humbly repent (change mind that "sin is Wrong!") and:

believe, 100% trust, place Total faith, In The LORD JESUS CHRIST,
HIS Death (Precious BLOOD), Burial, And HIS Resurrection,
According To The Scriptures!

(1 Corinthians 15:3-4; cp Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3-5 KJB!)

"GRACE Through faith" In The Merits
Of HIS
ALL-Sufficient BLOOD Results:

All sins Forgiven, His Eternal Life, And, Peace With God!

(Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 2:13; Romans 6:23; Romans 5:1)

This Is Eternal Deliverance From the Penalty of sin,
The So Great A [Second ] Death! (Revelation 21:8) =
Justification
and Spiritual Sanctification
(2 Corinthians 1:10a cp Romans 3:24)

(More Biblical Confirmation is here: God's ETERNAL Assurance! And:
God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!)

God's ETERNAL Justification/Relationship Is First, And, Then:

(2) Present Tense = "...God doth deliver us...":

All believers Should do "good works" {Which will Never
Equal CHRIST's Payment For the above Penalty of sin!},
for Which we Are Created In CHRIST JESUS, to perform
for Him, having "been Called into fellowship With Him!"
(
Ephesians 2:10; 1 Corinthians 1:9) Amen?:

We "work out our own salvation" (Philippians 2:12). This
Should Be a lifetime of Daily submission, and renewing,
being "not conformed to this world" (Romans 12:1-2),
for Grace Deliverance From the Power of sin!}
(2 Corinthians 1:10b) = personal sanctification:

(2a) Christ Living In us, To Fulfil:

All Of His Law, In "One Word: Love thy neighbor
as thyself!" (Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10)

(2b) His Spirit Guiding and Teaching us, How To:

"Study to shew thyself Approved Unto God, a
workman that needeth not to be ashamed, Rightly
Dividing The Word Of Truth!" (
2 Timothy 2:15 KJB)​

Eternal Results: reward {or loss} (1 Corinthians 3:8-15),
ruling and reigning With CHRIST, Which Will Finally Be
At The Judgment Day:

(3) Future Tense = "...God Will Yet Deliver us":

CHRIST's
Glorification of All "members" Of HIS Body!!
{This Is Eternal
Deliverance From the Presence of sin!}
(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57;
2 Corinthians 1:10c). Hallelujah! Praise HIS Excellent Name!!
----------------------------------
Conclusion:

BIG Differences Between the THREE tenses Of God's Eternal Salvation,
And Between God's Relationship And our fellowship! Correct?

Please Be Very Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!

(2 Timothy 2:15; Romans 16:25; Ephesians 3:9 = GRACE/Mystery
fellowship {Romans – Philemon}, For All “To See,” today?)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
TOTALLY Agree! my study on This Most Important ETERNAL Matter,
is God's Simple Will! - As follows:

John 3:16 says that "for God so loved the world that He Gave".

This Giving, is Salvation.
Its God as Christ on the Cross paying for all your sin.

This sacrifice of God, as Christ, .......His blood shed and death on the Cross , is a one time ONE TIME...ETERNAL..sacrifice, for the sin of the world.
Not just a person's....but for the entire WORLD's sin.......
Read : 2nd Corinthians 5:19 ...

"""that God was reconciling the WORLD to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.""""

See that? That is the GOSPEL.

And when you look at it through the lens of History and also future tense.....this Crucifixion of God's body for the sin of the world.....has been saving humanity, one at a time, world wide, as "all who will believe", for 2000 yrs.
For 2000 YEARS, this shed blood of God and His Death, has continued to save the "world", one person at a time, who will come to Jesus and receive God's forgiveness.
See that POWER IN THE BLOOD ? That BLood of GOD is still cleansing sin, worldwide = 2000 yrs later, and tomorrow and forever.

So, when we go to the Cross of GOD by FAITH.... and He applies His Eternal Blood Sacrifice to you, (Born again). then that is God's blood that will keep you redeemed, "made righteous"... exactly as it will tomorrow for everyone who "Calls on the name of Jesus, Believing".

Reader, this BLOOD of GOD, shed for you, applied to you, is an overpayment for your sin.
This blood redeems the sin of the world.....so, you can SEE how it would be able to deal with your sin, forever.

Thank you JESUS. !
There is POWER in the Blood of the Lamb.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal

Not when Abraham is mentioned, since there was no OT Law during his time.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

We have went over this already in the thread "JUSTIFICATION" to say the "works" of Abraham was the OT Law is saying that Paul, a hebrew of hebrews is actually considering binding the OT Law on Abraham, which is impossible and absurd. Not only that, but he is telling this to Jews, who knew very well this was impossible, and in order to convince them of the contrary: he appeals to his "no man can boast" argument, instead of stating the obvious: "The OT Law was not yet given".

If you dont want to go to heaven, then try to keep commandments

Where do you get this ideas from? You speak a lot of opinion, not bible. The exact opposite is true:

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Since you bank everything on His physical red blood, answer me this:

How can the conscience be purged from sin, by the shedding of Innocent Blood ?
Nay, It will increase the condemnation.

The blood of Jesus is drink for the spirit, nor physical red blood as the carnally minded think:

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

So, physical red blood can not take away sin, that is why you still need to repent, and keep his commandments.
And try reading the rest of the bible, I dont know if you noticed but you only quoted Paul, try getting a 2nd witness.

This sacrifice of God, as Christ

Sacrifice ?

1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Isaiah 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Jeremiah 7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

Ecclesiastes 5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Where do you get this ideas from? You speak a lot of opinion, not bible. The exact opposite is true:
How can the conscience be purged from sin, by the shedding of Innocent Blood ?

ALL My theology comes from Paul.
He wrote most of the New Testament.

Also, its BY the law and commandments that you have the knowledge of your sin.
ITS THE LAW THAT DEFINED YOU AS A SINNER.
So, its by trying to keep THE LAW AND COMMANDMENTS.... with the belief that by doing this God will accept you, that you both reject the Cross and enlist the law as the power of sin to keep you in bondage to your flesh.

See...its this..>"the power of sin, is the LAW".

Notice..>"Jesus came to deliver us from the CURSE OF THE LAW"... and its the DEVIL and his own who try to get you to worry about the law and commandments, as the way to go to heaven.

So, what this means is.... if a believer is trying to be good to be accepted by God, then they wont be, as God does not accept your goodness or your deeds, as all your deeds are "filthy rags", as compared to God's holiness, and you can't change that with your opinion, Daniel.
The only solution to the issue of sin consciousness, is to be born again and to then renew your mind by living in this verse with all your FAITH....... Hebrews 13:9

When a person is born again, then all you sin is forgiven, and God does not charge your sin to you anymore, as Christ has died for them all., 2000 yrs ago.
This is Romans 4:8.

To have a clean conscience, requires an eternal cleansing of your sin, that is accomplished when "Jesus became sin"< on the Cross.
To receive this, "you must be born again"....Jesus says.
In this way, as born again, you are "made righteous", and this allows for a cleansing of the conscience, and a freeing from the bondage to the law.
Like this....>"you are no longer under the law, but UNDER GRACE".

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
its the DEVIL and his own who try to get you to worry about the law and commandments, as the way to go to heaven.

You might be to deep into blashpemy Sir,
We have the exact opposite view, I say it is Jesus who tells me to follow His Law:

Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

God does not accept your goodness or your deeds

Isaiah 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Ezekiel 18:27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Psalm 18:20 The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
22 For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.
23 I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity.
24 Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

"filthy rags", as compared to God's holiness

You dont have to be, nor can you be, as Holy as God in order for Him to accept you. All He requires from you is repentance and to love Him and love your neighbour. And His commandments are not grievous.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You might be to deep into blashpemy Sir,
We have the exact opposite view, I say it is Jesus who tells me to follow His Law:

DANIEL,

have you ever heard of the New Testament?

The New Testament is the change from the Old Covenant, into the NEW Covenant.

In the Old Testament, you had Moses's Law and the 10 Commandments.

So, these were given, not to make you righteous, but to impose a moral boundary against carnality that is a human being's adamic nature.

"Righteousness" does not come by the law and commandments, as if they did, then Christ died for NOTHING.

Now, let me show you how God sees you, and your church, and your theology..

This....... Paul teaches......

''''I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”

Now, did you read how a person can FRUSTRATE the Grace of God?
Its by teaching that you have to keep the law,= to be "righteous".

And Daniel, that is what you are doing.
And that puts you in willful opposition to the Cross of Christ, and that creates you to be an : "enemy of the Cross".

See, anytime a person tries to deny how God provides righteousness, as ONLY by His Son, John 14:6 ...as you are doing, then you are offending the Holy Spirit, and you are committing the blasphemy.
Believe it.
Its a fact.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
How do you handle Eph 2:8,9

1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

And the Son said:

Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Yes, if you do not repent of UNBELIEF........as this is the real repentance, then you will perish, because you are already damned..... John 3:36.

BUT..
if you have BELIEVED IN JESUS< then you have given God the real repentance that He requires to save you, and then Jesus tells you....>"all that believe in me, i give unto you eternal life, and you SHALL NEVER PERISH".

"shall never perish"
"shall never perish".

Why?
Because you belong to God, and are a SON of GOD.....born again.