Can you repent without works?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told in scripture that we are to do works meet for repentance. But what does that mean? Are works required for repentance? I have often heard people say that repentance is stopping sin, but I'm starting to think that repentance is more than just stopping sin. It involves works.

In the NA, AA and other anonymous programs we find that they are designed to turn people to a higher power and direct them to works that appear to make successful their efforts. And I believe these programs to be designed by God, inspired by God.

And now I read that we are to provide "works meet for repentance". And I think those works are the same works Jesus taught throughout the bible. Including baptism and the Holy Sacrament.

Ref:

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 26:20 “But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also I see many arguments on whether or not works are required for salvation.

I'm beginning to see that works are required for repentance. And without repentance we cannot assume that God will save us.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not wrong, but repentance is called "fruit" in scripture and Jesus said very plainly:

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Matthew 7:18

Now, if the trees Jesus was speaking of represented people or human families, then only good people or good families could produce good fruit or "repent."
If someone is good, what then do they need to repent of?

But Jesus said that no one is good but God:

So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
Matthew 19:17
To be clear, Jesus called us (mankind) evil:
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Luke 11:13

God is not schizophrenic or confused. He doesn't contradict Himself. So, if you are forsaking sin to turn to Jesus Christ (repenting), it is God changing your heart, mind, and will.
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Philippians 2:12-13

These things written about in scripture are not difficult to understand, but difficult to believe. If you believe Him, then believe His word and rejoice in all His promises. Amen

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not wrong, but repentance is called "fruit" in scripture and Jesus said very plainly:

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Matthew 7:18

Now, if the trees Jesus was speaking of represented people or human families, then only good people or good families could produce good fruit or "repent."

So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Luke 11:13

God is not schizophrenic or confused. He doesn't contradict Himself. So, if you are forsaking sin to turn to Jesus Christ (repenting), it is God changing your heart, mind, and will.
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Philippians 2:12-13

These things written about in scripture are not difficult to understand, but difficult to believe. If you believe Him, then believe His word and rejoice in all His promises. Amen
You sound correct to me. Thanks for your input here, much appreciated. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is what I get when I provide works meet for repentance:

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound correct to me. Thanks for your input here, much appreciated. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is what I get when I provide works meet for repentance:

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Yes, and proof that you're a child of God.

Reactions: dev553344

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
michaelvpardo said:

Not arguing, just curious.

Where did you get the impression that repentance is called 'fruit' in scripture?

From my understanding, Fruit is defined in the Galatians verse posted above and repentance is the putting away of sin and committing oneself to God. Some have defined it as a 'turning around' and heading back in the direction of God.

A biblical definition of repentance is to make a change of mind, heart, and action, by turning away from sin and self and returning to God.

https://www.learnreligions.com/what-is-repentance-700694#:~:text=Repentance Definition,-Webster's New World&text=judgment upon the past and,self and returning to God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where did you get the impression that repentance is called 'fruit' in scripture?

From my understanding, Fruit is defined in the Galatians verse posted above and repentance is the putting away of sin and committing oneself to God. Some have defined it as a 'turning around' and heading back in the direction of God.

https://www.learnreligions.com/what-is-repentance-700694#:~:text=Repentance Definition,-Webster's New World&text=judgment upon the past and,self and returning to God.

John 15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
We are told in scripture that we are to do works meet for repentance. But what does that mean?

Matthew 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Bring forth "fruits" is to bring forth good works in general, including your repentance. And "meet for repentance" is talking about the repentance of the Father. So John is saying: Repent! And the Father in heaven will repent:

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

In this one verse you see that: repentance is a work, and that if you repent God will repent also and not destroy you.

I'm beginning to see that works are required for repentance.

You do need works to be saved, repentance is a work as I have just showed you:

Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

And this are the works:

I John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Luke 6:27 But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.
29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.
30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back.
31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

Matthew 7:12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

I John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

I John 4:21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Bring forth "fruits" is to bring forth good works in general, including your repentance. And "meet for repentance" is talking about the repentance of the Father. So John is saying: Repent! And the Father in heaven will repent:

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

In this one verse you see that: repentance is a work, and that if you repent God will repent also and not destroy you.

You do need works to be saved, repentance is a work as I have just showed you:

Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

And this are the works:

I John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Luke 6:27 But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.
29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.
30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back.
31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

Matthew 7:12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

I John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

I John 4:21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
Yes that's what I'm starting to see.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
We are told in scripture that we are to do works meet for repentance. But what does that mean? Are works required for repentance? I have often heard people say that repentance is stopping sin, but I'm starting to think that repentance is more than just stopping sin. It involves works.

In the NA, AA and other anonymous programs we find that they are designed to turn people to a higher power and direct them to works that appear to make successful their efforts. And I believe these programs to be designed by God, inspired by God.

And now I read that we are to provide "works meet for repentance". And I think those works are the same works Jesus taught throughout the bible. Including baptism and the Holy Sacrament.

Ref:

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 26:20 “But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.”

Repentance is a work. In Matthew 12:41 Jesus said the men of Nineveh repented at the preaching of Jonah. In Jonah 3:7-9 we read that the king of Nineveh led the city to repent in sackcloth and ashes. And verse 10 says "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."

Nineveh's repenting and turning from their evil way is called a "work" that "God saw". Likewise, the work those men did in Mark 2:3-4 in bringing a sick man to Christ and removing the roof to lower the sick man down to Christ, their work is call "faith" that Christ "saw". Hence faith and repentance are both works that can be seen.

Since repentance is a work that God saw, then what KIND of work is repentance? Is it a work of merit done to earn God's free gift? Or is it a work of obedience?
Obviously repentance is a work of obedience in obeying God's will that men repent and not a work of merit. Obedience to God nowhere in the Bible is ever called a work of merit. In the context of Jonah 3, Nineveh was a wicked, evil city and God sent Jonah to preach to them that in 40 days God would destroy this evil city. As we just saw, the king led the city to repent and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not....God showed mercy to that city. We know from Jeremiah 18:8-10 God shows mercy to those who obey and no mercy for those who obey not. Therefore Nineveh's work of repentance did not earn/merit God's free gift of mercy but repentance met a necessary prerequisite in order for them to receive God's free gift of mercy. God certainly did not OWE that wicked, evil city mercy but God graciously gave them space to repent in order to receive His free gift of mercy.

For anyone to call obedience (as repentance) a work of merit, they are removing grace from the Bible.
If obedience is a work of merit, then:
--Nineveh earned God's mercy by doing a work of merit (repenting)
--Noah earned God's free gift of salvation from the flood by doing a work of merit (building an ark)
--Naaman earned his gift of healing by a work of merit (dipping 7 times in the Jordan)
--the blind man earned his sight by a work of merit (washing his eyes in the pool)

In each of these cases by calling OBEDIENCE (repenting, building an ark, dipping and washing) works of merit completely removes grace from these contexts. Calling obedience a work of merit means God owed them for the work they did.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Also I see many arguments on whether or not works are required for salvation.

I'm beginning to see that works are required for repentance. And without repentance we cannot assume that God will save us.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If you stole your neighbor's horse and then later desire to repent of that sin, then repentance requires a work of reparation in you taking the horse back to your neighbor. You cannot repent AND keep the stolen horse...that is not repentance.
Paul said owe no man anything (Romans 13:8). I believe what Paul is saying here is not to bring harm to another person without making amends. Not making amends leaves you in "debt" to that person. If I caused an automobile wreck that is my fault, then I bring harm to another person and must make amends. I must restore that person's property back to where it was before I caused damage. This is why the state I live in requires liability insurance to make people accountable for the harm they cause to others. Stealing the horse brought harm to your neighbor and repentance requires you make amends by giving the horse back restoring your neighbor to where he was at before you stole his horse. If you killed that stolen horse, then you must make amends by buying your neighbor another horse or give him money for the horse you killed.
OSAS claims a Christian can steal a horse, keep it bringing harm to another person and be saved anyway while remaining impenitent throughout. But repentance is an obedient work required of the Christian, it is not a work of merit, but is a necessary prerequisite that must be met to receive God's free gift of forgiveness. Therefore the promise of eternal life is CONDITIONAL upon the Christian repenting of his sins.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are works required for repentance?.”

There is only one repentance that God accepts to make you His Son.

Its this one.

Repent from UNBELIEF..

See that?
This means to stop being an unbeliever, and have FAITH in Christ.....as that is the REAL Repentance, and the only that God accepts.

If you never do this, if you never REPENT from Unbelief, then you are this : John 3:36

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think it was the expression "fruit worthy of repentance " which is a bit cryptic. It's not suggesting that we sin so that we need to repent, but that we demonstrate repentance by works, similar to the idea that faith without works is dead.
I've heard people say that they repent of one sin or another, but do nothing in restitution, make no attempt at reconciliation, nor change the behavior that they've "repented" of.
Also, Jesus said that a good tree bears good fruit, a bad tree produces bad fruit, etc. As a parable, what would fruit represent?
Scripture doesn't call repentance specifically a fruit, but does talk about the fruit of the Spirit.
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. Ephesians 5:8-10
So, can a man repent, turn from sin to Christ without manifesting the fruit of the Spirit?
Is repentance "good", "righteous", and acceptable?

Then there's Nineveh's response to the "preaching" of Jonah.
I think Jonah wanted Nineveh to be destroyed because He first refused to even go there, then declared their destruction rather than calling them to repentance. Finally, when the city repented and was spared Jonah said, "Therefore I fled previously to Tarshish; for I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, One who relents from doing harm. 3 Therefore now, O Lord, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!”
Jonah didn't credit the Ninevites for anything, but attributed grace and mercy to God. I wouldn't call it a proof, but my reading of scripture informs me that it is God that changes hearts, either by His Spirit or through our circumstances.
I don't believe in any inherent goodness in man and see Christ teaching the exact opposite, so how could man produce fruits worthy of repentance without a change of heart?
Again, fruit may not be the right word for repentance, but there is no repentance without fruit. If I'm to be consistent with scripture, it might be more proper to say that repentance is being cut from a bad tree and grafted into a good one with good fruit being the evidence. I resist the notion that this is our doing, because it implies that we can save ourselves by our works, contrary to scripture.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I resist the notion that this is our doing, because it implies that we can save ourselves by our works, contrary to scripture.

Something that is interesting to note, is that "all our works are as filthy rag" because "all have sinned and fallen short".''

A person thinks......"well, now that im saved, my works are clean".
No, they are not. They are exactly the same deeds that can be performed by an unbeliever.

Think of it like this....>An unbeliever wants to be like Christ, so they go to India and feed street orphans for 66 yrs.
Then they die, and go to hell.

Then, you have a believer, who goes to India and this one worked side by side with the unbeliever who went to hell.
The Believer dies, 2 weeks later, and goes to Heaven.

Whats the problem?
They both did the same WORKS< for 66 ys., yet one didnt go to heaven, and that is because God wil NEVER accept your works to accept you.

Here is the meditation......>God accepts what He did on the Cross, to accept you.""
Why?
Because He came Here, and Died, and He accepts ONLY THAT.... because that Life till DEATH is sinless, and kept the law.
God only accepts what HE did for you....He never accepts your deeds, as your deeds belong to a SINNER.
And after you are saved, your deeds are just deeds....nothing more.
An UNBELIEVER can do the same works you do.
Understand, Reader. ?

A.) The BELIEVER, by FAITH = was given this that God did for them, and so, God accepted them, and they are in Heaven.

B.) .The Unbeliever, never received what GOD DID ON THE CROSS FOR THEM, so, the unbeliever spent 66yrs trying to be like Christ and died and went to hell like a bullet.
Thousands and thousands just like this die and go to hell every day.

Now, reader, do you see the value of your Works, AS COMPARED to what God did on the Cross for you?

All who can see this, can understand that works have no part to play in going to heaven..... none.
Here is how you go to heaven....> You believe THIS... John 14:6, and you call on HIM, by FAITH, and "faith is counted as righteousness".
And to see this, is to take your first step into the understanding of "The GIFT of Salvation", and "The GIFT of Righteousness".

I kid you not. There are believers who are saved 75 yrs and still cannot understnd that they can't work their way into heaven.
And they will die trying.
Dont be that one.
Instead... give God and Christ all the credit due them for saving you and keeping you saved.
Do it every day.....and not just once a day.
Make it a habit to praise them for what they have done for you.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something that is interesting to note, is that "all our works are as filthy rag" because "all have sinned and fallen short".''

A person thinks......"well, now that im saved, my works are clean".
No, they are not. They are exactly the same deeds that can be performed by an unbeliever.

Think of it like this....>An unbeliever wants to be like Christ, so they go to India and feed street orphans for 66 yrs.
Then they die, and go to hell.

Then, you have a believer, who goes to India and this one worked side by side with the unbeliever who went to hell.
The Believer dies, 2 weeks later, and goes to Heaven.

Whats the problem?
They both did the same WORKS< for 66 ys., yet one didnt go to heaven, and that is because God wil NEVER accept your works to accept you.

Here is the meditation......>God accepts what He did on the Cross, to accept you.""
Why?
Because He came Here, and Died, and He accepts ONLY THAT.... because that Life till DEATH is sinless, and kept the law.
God only accepts what HE did for you....He never accepts your deeds, as your deeds belong to a SINNER.
And after you are saved, your deeds are just deeds....nothing more.
An UNBELIEVER can do the same works you do.
Understand, Reader. ?

A.) The BELIEVER, by FAITH = was given this that God did for them, and so, God accepted them, and they are in Heaven.

B.) .The Unbeliever, never received what GOD DID ON THE CROSS FOR THEM, so, the unbeliever spent 66yrs trying to be like Christ and died and went to hell like a bullet.
Thousands and thousands just like this die and go to hell every day.

Now, reader, do you see the value of your Works, AS COMPARED to what God did on the Cross for you?

All who can see this, can understand that works have no part to play in going to heaven..... none.
Here is how you go to heaven....> You believe THIS... John 14:6, and you call on HIM, by FAITH, and "faith is counted as righteousness".
And to see this, is to take your first step into the understanding of "The GIFT of Salvation", and "The GIFT of Righteousness".

I kid you not. There are believers who are saved 75 yrs and still cannot understnd that they can't work their way into heaven.
And they will die trying.
Dont be that one.
Instead... give God and Christ all the credit due them for saving you and keeping you saved.
Do it every day.....and not just once a day.
Make it a habit to praise them for what they have done for you.
This is not strictly biblical.
I wouldn't call God's works unclean. The enemies of Jesus did that and His response was to warn them that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit would not be forgiven. Our works are all to be tested by fire and the only ones to survive that test are His works done through us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
, work out your own salvation .

"work our your own salvation"

Let me show you how the CULTS teach this verse.

"you have to save yourself". "you have to perform, so that God will let you into heaven".

Now, do you see what you are being told?
You are being told that the Sacrifice of Christ is not ENOUGH..
What is that?
That is ANTI-CROSS theology that is pretending to be truth. Its is in fact Anti-Christ, theology, because is substitutes your deeds, as if they are EQUAL TO, the Cross of Christ and His Righteousness.
So, you have ask yourself...... "are my deeds, works, and self effort, equal to the Son of GOD's sacrifice".

Let me show it to you this way.

Lets say that Jesus has not come yet. He is still with God, not yet come from heaven, not yet virgin born.

Now, every one of those WORKS you just wrote to me about......... can they get you into heaven today, or tomorrow?
The can not.
Why is that? Its because the Cross is the only means that God has provided you, so that He will accept you.
Jesus is not kidding = John 14:6

So, when you are trying, by works, and deeds, to get God to accept you, or KEEP YOU, then you have no Faith in Christ, and you are become a person who is under the delusion, that your self effort is EQUAL to Christ's Blood and Death.
In Galatians, Paul says of this type of "belief" that these believers are "BEWITCHED"...>"fallen from Grace"....and "In the Flesh".
Listen...
You are supposed to bear fruit, and do good works, because you ARE saved, not to to to save yourself.
Do you understand. ????

Do you understand that Salvation is what God did for you on the Cross, and your discipleship is what you offer back to God as your Lifestyle, because He saved you........You are not doing it to be saved......you are doing it because you are..

Salvation 101 = Salvation, is not Discipleship.
They are not the same thing.

Now, look at this verse....>"work out your salvation"........
You read it as...>>"i am trying to save myself and keep myself saved", and if you can do that, then Tell Jesus he does not not need to die for you.

Now, here is how to understand the verse, michelvpardo.

Because you HAVE SALVATION........ Because you have it......."born again" is the proof........now learn how to exist within it, by understanding how to "work it out"......See, you already have it, if you are born again.
You are not trying to get it 2 or 3, or 40 more times. Understand? You are not working to cause it to happen....or to keep it.
You are to "work it out"...because you have it. = You are to learn, the spiritual principles that apply to existing in the Kingdom of God, as a "New Creation".
Thats how you "work it out".....You learn HOW to exist within it, as you already have it....>"the GIFT of Salvation".

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"work our your own salvation"

Let me show you how the CULTS teach this verse.

"you have to save yourself". "you have to perform, so that God will let you into heaven".

Now, do you see what you are being told?
You are being told that the Sacrifice of Christ is not ENOUGH..
What is that?
That is ANTI-CROSS theology that is pretending to be truth. Its is in fact Anti-Christ, theology, because is substitutes your deeds, as if they are EQUAL TO, the Cross of Christ and His Righteousness.
So, you have ask yourself...... "are my deeds, works, and self effort, equal to the Son of GOD's sacrifice".

Let me show it to you this way.

Lets say that Jesus has not come yet. He is still with God, not yet come from heaven, not yet virgin born.

Now, every one of those WORKS you just wrote to me about......... can they get you into heaven today, or tomorrow?
The can not.
Why is that? Its because the Cross is the only means that God has provided you, so that He will accept you.
Jesus is not kidding = John 14:6

So, when you are trying, by works, and deeds, to get God to accept you, or KEEP YOU, then you have no Faith in Christ, and you are become a person who is under the delusion, that your self effort is EQUAL to Christ's Blood and Death.

You are supposed to bear fruit, and do good works, because you ARE saved, not to to to save yourself.
Do you understand.

Now, look at this verse....>"work out your salvation"........
You read it as...>>"i am trying to save myself and keep myself saved", and if you can do that, then Tell Jesus he does not not need to die for you.

Now, here is how to understand the verse, michelvpardo.

Because you HAVE SALVATION........ Because you have it......."born again" is the proof........now learn how to exist within it, by understanding how to do this........as that is how you "work it out"......See, you already have it, if you are born again.
You are not trying to get it 2 or 3, or 40 more times. Understand? You are not working to cause it happen.
You are to "work it out"...because you have it. You are to learn, the spiritual principles that apply to existing in the Kingdom of God, as a "New Creation".
Thats how you "work it out".....You learn HOW to exist within it, as you already have it....>"the GIFT of Salvation".
Neither salvation or sanctification is by works, but faith produces works. Faith that does nothing is useless (dead. )
I'm pretty sure that this is what Hebrews chapter 11 is all about, the accomplishments of faith.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace"

Ephesians 2:8-9, "for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not of works, that no man should glory"

Titus 3:5, "not by works [done] in righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy he saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit"

Romans 3:10-12, "as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one, There is none that understandeth, There is none that seeketh after God; They have all turned aside, they are together become unprofitable; There is none that doeth good, no, not so much as one"

Isaiah 64:6, "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away"

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Neither salvation or sanctification is by works, but faith produces works. Faith that does nothing is useless (dead. )
I'm pretty sure that this is what Hebrews chapter 11 is all about, the accomplishments of faith.

You can do "works" without faith, and without being born again.

Let me show you how your your faith is Completed.

"Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith". See that? Is that you? Are you Jesus? If you are, can you send me a selfie of. your nail scars. ?

Listen..
look at this verse.....Philippians 1:6.......>"God who BEGAN Salvation, in the born again, will Himself be faithful to complete it".

Did you notice.....>"be faithful to complete it"........That's God, Completing your salvation, and CHRIST completing your faith.

You are to be a disciple, because they have done that for you....because they have given you "the GIFT of Salvation".
See that GIFT?
You dont earn that, and you dont keep it.
THEY DO, as they PROVIDED IT on the Cross, Michaelpardo.

John 3:16. It means what it says.

Welcome to Salvation...........and salvation is not by water, its "by my Spirit, saying the Lord".

If you are born again, then your faith and your salvation are in the hands of God and Christ.
Your part, is to perfect your discipleship, and that is not by works, that is by "working out your salvation", which is to exist in it according to revelation knowledge that is to have a renewed mind, which is to walk in the Spirit.
How do you get this knowledge.
From someone like me, who can Teach it. As its all just Pauline Theology, and its rare to find it in these end times.
These things are not self effort......they are instead, revelation knowledge, related to having real faith.