Caring

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does ANYBODY care?"

Usually we write things on forums like this hoping that someone will notice and "care" or "complain" or "praise" or somehow simply "take notice" that WE, the writers, exist.

Man is born a very selfish creature. At birth the selfishness is there as a survival mechanism but as we grow we learn that certain ways of acting accomplish things which feel good to us and satisfy us beyond our NEEDS. Our selfishness for survival moves to the point where it has the additional purpose of pleasing ME. In this learning process we also find that some people really do care for us, usually our natural parents and later some few others.

On the other side of the coin, we begin to care about others. This is seemingly opposed to the extreme selfishiness of the newborn, but isn't it rather more to God's purpose which is on the other side?

Let us GIVE love, instead of always searching for it:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matt 22:37

And the final result should be a complete unselfishness in us:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Perhaps instead of asking if 'anybody cares' about us, we should all ask ourselves: "Do I care about others and what they do and what they say? Do I pay attention to them and their needs and desires? Do I listen to or read what they are saying or am I too wrapped in ME?"

May God help us all!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Does ANYBODY care?"

Usually we write things on forums like this hoping that someone will notice and "care" or "complain" or "praise" or somehow simply "take notice" that WE, the writers, exist.

Man is born a very selfish creature. At birth the selfishness is there as a survival mechanism but as we grow we learn that certain ways of acting accomplish things which feel good to us and satisfy us beyond our NEEDS. Our selfishness for survival moves to the point where it has the additional purpose of pleasing ME. In this learning process we also find that some people really do care for us, usually our natural parents and later some few others.

On the other side of the coin, we begin to care about others. This is seemingly opposed to the extreme selfishiness of the newborn, but isn't it rather more to God's purpose which is on the other side?

Let us GIVE love, instead of always searching for it:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matt 22:37

And the final result should be a complete unselfishness in us:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Perhaps instead of asking if 'anybody cares' about us, we should all ask ourselves: "Do I care about others and what they do and what they say? Do I pay attention to them and their needs and desires? Do I listen to or read what they are saying or am I too wrapped in ME?"

May God help us all!
Very good, and may God keep on blessing you.

My daughter read what you posted, and she just said: Nice.

timf

Jan 1, 2011

2 Corinthians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Amen, my friend!

Give God all of the glory!