Casting Out Devils

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
With all of the "rhetoric" we see about the feelings of sinners, and making sure that we do not hurt those feelings by telling them that what they are doing is sin, and is punishable by death, wonder how bad it would hurt their feelings if you told them that they were harboring demons?

I know that this is definitely not a popular topic among those that are not fundamentalist but, that is basically the only explanation that one could have for people that are controlled by sin instead of sin controlling them.

Just askin;

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA

Those last 3 words should read "them controlling sin".

True born-again Christians cannot have their spirits possessed by a demon
... because the Holy Spirit is in their spirits already.

True born-again Christians can easily be oppressed by demons.
They can have one or more demons within their bodies causing sickness.
They can have one or more demons influencing their souls.
The soul is comprised of mind(intellect), will, and emotions.

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010

Those last 3 words should read "them controlling sin".

True born-again Christians cannot have their spirits possessed by a demon
... because the Holy Spirit is in their spirits already.

True born-again Christians can easily be oppressed by demons.
They can have one or more demons within their bodies causing sickness.
They can have one or more demons influencing their souls.
The soul is comprised of mind(intellect), will, and emotions.

Those words oppressed and possessed are a fine line.

We see many Christians that are paralyzed by a spirit of fear. In fact at times it controls their every move at times. We see addicts that are Christians and hate every minute of what they do but they still do it. Oppression possession are they saved? Not saved?......

When the spirit of fear is disarmed through repentance and forgiveness it is easily dealt with.

As for the spirits effecting addicts... they are usually more complex and there are deeper underlying issues many times that have to be dealt with to disarm the spirit that is controlling the person. Many many times it will be tied back to unforgiveness or in my experience it is.

The devil could care less whether we quibble on possession and oppression. His desire it to only destroy the person with his demonic hordes that we allow into our lives through issues of sin. Many times the sins that get us messed up are not our sins to start with but are just as devastating.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my experience, blaming the devil is a great way to avoid personal responsibility

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
When the spirit of fear is disarmed through repentance and forgiveness it is easily dealt with.
Myself and others have found that it is extraordinary for God to heal someone
who has NOT taken care of these 2 incredibly important issues:

1) forgiving everyone of everything.

2) repenting of any involvement in the occult (and there are many facets of the occult).

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Myself and others have found that it is extraordinary for God to heal someone
who has NOT taken care of these 2 incredibly important issues:

1) forgiving everyone of everything.

2) repenting of any involvement in the occult (and there are many facets of the occult).

John I know of a group that counsels 400 to 600 people a year and they see 70+% of all known illnesses healed through counseling.

The people pray numerous prayers of forgiveness and repentance. I have been studying their methods and have seen some very interesting results as well.

It is hard to make people understand because they immediately try to take on condemnation when they are faced with associating sickness and sin.

In the first class I taught on this material I had a lady in my class that had to take migraine headache medicine daily and still had migraines weekly. By the second week of the class she has had no migraines nor has taken any medicine since. June.

I actually met a lady who had been healed from MS. She had been in a wheel chair since 1996 and they started working with her in Dec 09 from what I understand. By May she could walk as good and anybody. I personally witnessed her walk up three floors of steps with no problems.

Oh yeah one more thing concerning these things. There are several places in the Bible where you see that things bring rottenness to the bones or bring health to the bones. Our immune system is in the bones. This is where many of our immune cells are produced.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
There are indeed many facets to the occult and dome of them seem very innocent but they are not. e.g. astroogy seems benign but it encourages man to look to the movement of stars and planets instead of looking to God. Magical arts are a more direct affront to God, sicne human beings are strictly forbidden from practising them. When I was 19 I had a Tarot reading and I ahve since asked God to forgive me and I won't do it again.