CATHOLIC BASHING THREAD TITLES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's YOU insisting that your denomination has 100% doctrinal or hierarchical agreement, it's YOUR claim (not mine) you just refuse to say what other churches it's in this unity with. Why do you refuse? Because there are NONE. It has NO fully doctrinal or hierarchical agreement with ANY but it itself alone - and no less can be said of any other denomination, NO denomination has less unity than the RC one has since it is impossible to have less unity than with none (the unity the RC has)

I agree, YOUR claim is not only "moronic" to use YOUR term, but obviously meaningless. The RCC has this unity with NONE and there is NO OTHER DENOMINATION on the planet and in all history that has LESS such "unity" than your denomination. Instead of perpetually parroting the old, old, worn, and (to use YOUR words, "asinine" and "moronic") claims of some Catholics for their denomination, why not focus on the great things about your denomination?
Josiah
Why do you keep lying when you know I'm just going to publicly expose you for it.

Let's do it this way:
Point me to the post where I made the claim that the Catholic Church is in 100% full doctrinal and hierarchical agreement with another Church.

When you can show me that - I will apologize and leave this forum.
If you can't it simply show that your charges are as stupid as I said they were and YOU have to leave.

Deal??

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree BOL, that is not what you said...I don't often engage , but I do read!! :)

Josiah

Jun 12, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point me to the post where I made the claim that the Catholic Church is in 100% full doctrinal and hierarchical agreement with another Church.

The claim is that the RC Denomination has full doctrinal agreement. What is never said is with WHAT - and the reason is obvious, because it's with NONE (really grand, huh? SO impressive, wow!). You implied the RC was something special in having unity with NONE but then you had to admit that AT LEAST AS MUCH can be said of every other denomination, church, cult or sect on the planet - at least as much.

You're right, you go on and on about this wonderful, amazing, affirming doctrinal UNITY that the Catholic Church has!!!!! But you like to evade the obvious - it's no better, no more than any cult or church or denomination or sect - this wonderful, amazing, fantastic, incredible UNITY of which you speak is just with ITSELF - self agreeing with the self self sees in the mirror - and even that is in such a limited sense as to be meaningless.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The claim is that the RC Denomination has full doctrinal agreement. What is never said is with WHAT - and the reason is obvious, because it's with NONE (really grand, huh? SO impressive, wow!). You implied the RC was something special in having unity with NONE but then you had to admit that AT LEAST AS MUCH can be said of every other denomination, church, cult or sect on the planet - at least as much.

You're right, you go on and on about this wonderful, amazing, affirming doctrinal UNITY that the Catholic Church has!!!!! But you like to evade the obvious - it's no better, no more than any cult or church or denomination or sect - this wonderful, amazing, fantastic, incredible UNITY of which you speak is just with ITSELF - self agreeing with the self self sees in the mirror - and even that is in such a limited sense as to be meaningless.
Soooo - are you FINALLY admitting that you LIED??

Are you FINALLY admitting that I NEVER claimed that the Catholic Church was in 100% doctrinal and Hierarchical unity with another church?? Good for you.

I have stated ALL along that the Catholic Church is the Original Tree from which Protestantism splintered and continues to splinter to the tune of tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim to be "The Church."

The Catholic Church, on the other hand is monolithic in its doctrines and unified in its beliefs - just as Jesus prayed for at the Last supper (John 17:20-23).

Jesus didn't build "Churches" - He built ONE Church (Matt. 16:18) - and that ONE unified Church Church still exists today. It's called "The Catholic Church."

ALL
the rest were started by MEN after the 16th century . . .

Josiah

Jun 12, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I NEVER claimed that the Catholic Church was in 100% doctrinal and Hierarchical unity with another church??

No, you just claimed the RC Denomination has all the awesome, amazing, incredible, wonderful doctrinal UNITY!!! You just have refused to say with WHAT? Why? Because it's with NONE. NO better than any other denomination, church, sect or cult.

I have stated ALL along that the Catholic Church is the Original Tree from which Protestantism splintered and continues to splinter to the tune of tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines

The RC has DIFFERENT doctrines that all other churches, it is in unity ONLY with ITSELF - and even that is so limited as to be meaningless.

as Jesus prayed for at the Last supper (John 17:20-23).

Jesus never mentioned your denomination. He never mentioned any denomination. No denomination existed until the 4th Century when the Roman Empire invented the first, for it itself. THAT denomintion split in 451 and then again in 1054 then again in 1521.

He built ONE Church (Matt. 16:18)

I agree. But no denomination. Not the RCC one or the LDS one although both claim that He did.

I agree, there is ONE, holy, catholic, community of believers - but there are thousands of denominations (including yours) and millions of congregations. But the church is one because all BEIEVERS are one in Christ, but no denominations are in unity with anything but itself, just as you've finally admitted is the case with your denomination.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I would say that yo're not reading what I am responding to.

My ONLY purpose on this forum, as I have explained repeatedly, is to expose lies, myths and fairy tales about the Catholic Church and set the record straight. Those who come here seeking the truth have a right to KNOW the truth about what the Catholic Church believes and teaches without having to hack their way trough the weeds of lies.

This is my ONLY purpose on this forum, so if YOU think I'm being accusatory or "hateful" - it's probably because I caught one of you in another lie . . .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not realize that you obviously do not have the peace and love of God working in you, I see not a single one of the 9 fruits of the Spirit we are to always pray and strive for. And, why must you always yell? It is very offensive, especially on a Christian forum. I personally stopped reading your posts pretty much from the get go. In my prayers, not only do I include my own Church leaders, congregation, community, family...(it is so simple to "pray without ceasing") but I also pray for this forum, which is very new to me. One of my prayers will be for your peace in the Lord specifically.
God bless and keep you,
-nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I would say that yo're not reading what I am responding to.

My ONLY purpose on this forum, as I have explained repeatedly, is to expose lies, myths and fairy tales about the Catholic Church and set the record straight. Those who come here seeking the truth have a right to KNOW the truth about what the Catholic Church believes and teaches without having to hack their way trough the weeds of lies.

This is my ONLY purpose on this forum, so if YOU think I'm being accusatory or "hateful" - it's probably because I caught one of you in another lie . . .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not realize that you obviously do not have the peace and love of God working in you, I see not a single one of the 9 fruits of the Spirit we are to always pray and strive for. And, why must you always yell? It is very offensive, especially on a Christian forum. I personally stopped reading your posts pretty much from the get go. In my prayers, not only do I include my own Church leaders, congregation, community, family...(it is so simple to "pray without ceasing") but I also pray for this forum, which is very new to me. One of my prayers will be for your peace in the Lord specifically.
God bless and keep you,
-nancy

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is never said is with WHAT

I believe I did say,

"With Jesus and with each other."

Was that not clear enough for you?

Let me expand it for you,

With Jesus Christ our Lord, and with all our brothers and sisters back through the ages and the apostles whom Jesus chose to get this train a rolling...

Peace!

Josiah

Jun 12, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Jesus Christ our Lord, and with all our brothers and sisters back through the ages and the apostles whom Jesus chose to get this train a rolling...

CHRISTIANS are united with each other and with Jesus.... no denomination is (including the RC one).

But you are confirming my point: SOME Catholics ignore all the great things about their denomination and instead mindlessly and perpetually parrot old, worn CLAIMS that are meaningless, at best. The CLAIM that the RC denomination has "unity" - all this wonderful, amazing, incredible, awesome "UNITY" - they just won't tell you that it's only with ITSELF!!! The reality is that the RC Denomination is at least as "bad" as any other church, denomination, sect or cult one could name (and worse than some) simply because it is impossible for a denomination to have LESS unity than with NO OTHER. All this silly claim does is point out the RC denomination is as bad as denominations can get in this regard. So it is with several of these silly, old, worn "boasts" some Catholics make for their denomination - in lieu of mentioning some truly good things they could say about their denomination.

MY pointing out that your denomination has a grand "unity" with NO OTHER was labeled as me being hateful and anti-Catholic. I guess you agreeing with me - even the claimer eventually agreeing with me - makes you and he also hateful and anti-Catholic? TRUTH (eventually even admitted to) shouldn't be seen by Catholics as "hateful" to the RCC or "anti-Catholic." It's just some choose to "boast" of things that only show how the RC denomination is at least as bad as other denominations.

- Josiah

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you just claimed the RC Denomination has all the awesome, amazing, incredible, wonderful doctrinal UNITY!!! You just have refused to say with WHAT? Why? Because it's with NONE. NO better than any other denomination, church, sect or cult.
Answer me this: What did Jesus pray for in John 17:20-23 if NOT for the unity of His Church??
Who ELSE should the Church be unified with??

You can't possibly be this dense . . .
The RC has DIFFERENT doctrines that all other churches, it is in unity ONLY with ITSELF - and even that is so limited as to be meaningless.
Precisely.
The Church is UNIFIED in doctrine and belief.
Jesus never mentioned your denomination. He never mentioned any denomination. No denomination existed until the 4th Century when the Roman Empire invented the first, for it itself. THAT denomintion split in 451 and then again in 1054 then again in 1521.
That's because the Catholic Church is not a "denomination." It is the Original Tree from which Protestantism splintered.

Christ built ONE Church. Protestants created "denominations" (renegade offshoots) of that ONE Church.

As for your laughable revisionist history - please chow me the document, declaration or decree that established the Catholic Church in the 4th century.
I agree. But no denomination. Not the RCC one or the LDS one although both claim that He did.

I agree, there is ONE, holy, catholic, community of believers - but there are thousands of denominations (including yours) and millions of congregations. But the church is one because all BEIEVERS are one in Christ, but no denominations are in unity with anything but itself, just as you've finally admitted is the case with your denomination.
WRONG again.

Denominations are a 100% creation of MEN.
Christ's Church is a 100% creation of God.

You can't all be "one" in Christ when you can't even agree on doctrine. Many of your essential doctrines are POLAR OPPOSITES from one another:

Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on . . .

This is NOT the unity that Jesus prayed for in John 17.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God bless and keep you,
-nancy
Well, first of all - I have never "yelled" on this forum.
In the written form, "yelling" requires exclamation points (!!). While there are MANY who do yell here - I am not one of them.

As for your not reading my posts - that's okay. I'm not really here for you or any other person who simply wishes to promote lies and fairy tales about what the Catholic Church teaches. I am here to expose people like that so that others who come here seeking the truth won't be seduced by those lies.

That's it. That's my purpose here. Just be honest and I'll leave you alone.
If there weren't any lies being vomited around here - there would be NO need for the likes of me . . .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@BreadOfLife Re post #252 Do you see all blood washed Christian believers as the Church....?

It for sure is not yet a glorious Church without spot or wrinkle...but never the less, it is the Church...right?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife Re post #252 Do you see all blood washed Christian believers as the Church....?

It for sure is not yet a glorious Church without spot or wrinkle...but never the less, it is the Church...right?
ALL baptized Christians are incorporated into the Church
However, as large contingent of these baptized Christians (Protestants) are self-separated from the Church.

We pray for their return to the fullness of truth (Eph. 1:22-23).

Josiah

Jun 12, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is UNIFIED in doctrine and belief.

Every church is. AT LEAST as much as yours. So what?

Christ built ONE Church

Yup. But He built no denominations (in spite of the RCC and LDS foundationally and egotistically claiming otherwise)
The church Jesus founded is the one, holy, catholic communion of all believing PEOPLE, He founded no denominations - not the RCC one, not the LDS one, not ANY one.

Denominations
are a 100% creation of MEN.
Christ's Church is a 100% creation of God.

Agree. Just try telling that to a Catholic or Mormon, however.

You can't all be "one" in Christ when you can't even agree on doctrine.

Your denomination agrees only with IT ITSELF alone, uniquely, exclusively and with NO OTHER church, denomination, sect or cult - as you yourself finally admitted. The LDS agrees with itself alone, too. EVERY entity that looks in the mirror at itself sees itself. This has NOTHING to do with unity... NOTHING to do with Christ.

Many of your essential doctrines are POLAR OPPOSITES from one another

Many of the RCC's essential doctrines are polar opposites of those found in other denominations, too. SO WHAT?

Yes, the official, formal, current, "essential" doctrines of the singular, individual RC Denomination "agree" with the official, formal, current, "essential" doctrines of the singular, individual RC Denomination. SO WHAT? The same can be said of the JW's, the same can be said of the LDS, the same can be said of the UPC, the same can be said of any church, denomination, sect or cult. So what?

In fact, the RCC isn't even in unity with the other "Apostolic Churches" - every distinctive dogma of the RCC is not accepted as such by the Greek Orthodox Church, for example. The EOC has NO dogma of Purgatory, NO dogma of Papal Infallibility, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. In fact, the RCC right now isn't even in unity with itself in the past (which is why it has to come out with a new Catechism every few years - stuff gets changed). But yes, RIGHT NOW, the individual, singular, exclusive RC Denomination does agree with IT ITSELF and nothing else, as a denomination (not as people) in those things that it itself alone currently holds is good for it itself to agree with it itself concerning. Just like every other denomination, church, sect and cult. SO WHAT?

This is NOT the unity that Jesus prayed for in John 17.

I don't agree that Jesus was praying that every one of the thousands of churches, denominations, sects and cults of the world would have official, formal, current unity ONLY with EACH SELF alone (currently, officially, institutionally) - what the RCC also has, jsut like every other.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, first of all - I have never "yelled" on this forum.
In the written form, "yelling" requires exclamation points (!!). While there are MANY who do yell here - I am not one of them.

As for your not reading my posts - that's okay. I'm not really here for you or any other person who simply wishes to promote lies and fairy tales about what the Catholic Church teaches. I am here to expose people like that so that others who come here seeking the truth won't be seduced by those lies.

That's it. That's my purpose here. Just be honest and I'll leave you alone.
If there weren't any lies being vomited around here - there would be NO need for the likes of me . . .

I do not "... promote lies and fairy tales about what the Catholic Church teaches." or for any reason at all. And bold black letters, with or without !! is still yelling.
peace

GUANO

Jun 5, 2018
Pasadena, CA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Body of Christ transcends all denominational boundaries and the best practice for us individually is to realize that we are not the judge of another man's servant. Each of us, individually, shall stand before the one we call our Lord. The principles by which you judge your brother are actually the principles by which you will be judged---because those principles and how they influence your actions are the "essence" (spirit) of your faith. It literally doesn't matter what anyone else believes.

With that being said, it should be common knowledge by now that state-sanctioned religious institutions are the #1 slayer of the prophets and of Jesus Christ and represent the very real spirit of antichrist in this world. Protestants, Catholics, Orthodox, Coptic, they are all mockeries of the Body of Christ and are co-opting (taking the place of) it.

The modern concept of the corporate entity was inspired by occultists who wanted to create their own powerful mystical "corporate bodies" in the image of what is described in scripture as the Body of Christ (this was going on during the Enlightenment period). The difference between your Church and the Body of Christ is that the State or other principality takes the place of God as the authority that authorizes the it's existence. The whole idea of creating a corporate entity, giving it a name, symbols, talismans, ministers, doctrine, etc., and then having the state grant it "life" is wholly pagan and probably the most advanced form of sorcery and witchcraft to ever spread across the earth. To convince God's people that such a thing as "secularism" could even exist is quite a feat.

The state doesn't care what god you claim to worship so long as your actions show that you recognize it's authority above all else.

Who's and What's authority do you recognize by faith and respect (worship) throughout your day?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not "... promote lies and fairy tales about what the Catholic Church teaches." or for any reason at all. And bold black letters, with or without !! is still yelling.
peace
Maybe in your PC world it is - but exclamation points are required for "yelling" in the written form.
The use of formatting on forums like these is simply to accentuate a point. That's why it is available.

Everybody here does it - so why don't you go after them?
OR
- is it simply because you don't agree with my posts?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every church is. AT LEAST as much as yours. So what?
Were they all built by Jesus??
NOPE
They were ALL built be mere men . . .
Yup. But He built no denominations (in spite of the RCC and LDS foundationally and egotistically claiming otherwise)
The church Jesus founded is the one, holy, catholic communion of all believing PEOPLE, He founded no denominations - not the RCC one, not the LDS one, not ANY one.
Agree. Just try telling that to a Catholic or Mormon, however.
Well, first of all - I have NO idea what "RCC" is. I'm not familiar with that sect.
I belong to the Catholic Church.

As for the LDS - they were started by a mere man in the 19th century. They deny the deity of Christ - so that takes them out of the running for "True Church".

As for "denominations" - like the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestants ones who ALL teach different doctrines - He didn't found ANY of those.

Christ built ONE Church.
MEN built denominations . . .
Your denomination agrees only with IT ITSELF alone, uniquely, exclusively and with NO OTHER church, denomination, sect or cult - as you yourself finally admitted. The LDS agrees with itself alone, too. EVERY entity that looks in the mirror at itself sees itself. This has NOTHING to do with unity... NOTHING to do with Christ.
Unity is the Body - ALL believing the same things (Rom. 15:6, Phil. 2:2).
Unity DOESN'T mean that one sect must agree with another sect.[/QUOTE]
Many of the RCC's essential doctrines are polar opposites of those found in other denominations, too. SO WHAT?
Because the tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering Protestant sects ran away from the Catholic Church - NOT the other way around.

Every Protestant doctrine that differs from Catholic doctrine was a method of moving further away from the original doctrines of the historic Christian faith. To put that simply:
Protestants changed Catholic doctrines - Catholics didn't change Protestant ones.
Yes, the official, formal, current, "essential" doctrines of the singular, individual RC Denomination "agree" with the official, formal, current, "essential" doctrines of the singular, individual RC Denomination. SO WHAT? The same can be said of the JW's, the same can be said of the LDS, the same can be said of the UPC, the same can be said of any church, denomination, sect or cult. So what?

In fact, the RCC isn't even in unity with the other "Apostolic Churches" - every distinctive dogma of the RCC is not accepted as such by the Greek Orthodox Church, for example. The EOC has NO dogma of Purgatory, NO dogma of Papal Infallibility, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. In fact, the RCC right now isn't even in unity with itself in the past (which is why it has to come out with a new Catechism every few years - stuff gets changed). But yes, RIGHT NOW, the individual, singular, exclusive RC Denomination does agree with IT ITSELF and nothing else, as a denomination (not as people) in those things that it itself alone currently holds is good for it itself to agree with it itself concerning. Just like every other denomination, church, sect and cult. SO WHAT?
Careful - your ignorance is showing again . . .

The Catholic Church has never "changed" a single doctrine or dogma.
Whereas doctrine develops - the ONLY reason some doctrines were later defined was because of either a challenge about a teaching or a heresy (Arialism, Nestorianism, Pelagianism, Donatism, etc.)
I don't agree that Jesus was praying that every one of the thousands of churches, denominations, sects and cults of the world would have official, formal, current unity ONLY with EACH SELF alone (currently, officially, institutionally) - what the RCC also has, jsut like every other.
It appears that YOU don't know a LOT about what Jesus taught . . .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe in your PC world it is - but exclamation points are required for "yelling" in the written form.
The use of formatting on forums like these is simply to accentuate a point. That's why it is available.

Everybody here does it - so why don't you go after them?
OR
- is it simply because you don't agree with my posts?

Um no, EVERYBODY on here does NOT do that and no, I mostly do not agree with what I could stomach reading of your winded tirades. How about I leave you alone and you leave me alone. You have no interest in my posts and I certainly have no interest getting sucked into your strife.
I hope you will one day see the TRUE Gospel and maybe develop some Christ like attributes.
So long