Catholic issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yep water

every seen a woman who gives birth. Their water breaks

This is called being born in the flesh.

One must be born again though

there is water/flesh birth, and there is spirit birth.

I believe Nicodemus understood, because jesus told him how to be born again. Through faith in the fact Jesus will be lifted up.

Why can't you see it?

no the water applied in Christian sacrament of baptism

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. But your comparisons do not address the issue. You have refused to believe that the "water" is the Word of God, even those Peter told you that it is so.
You are right. 1 Peter 3:21 does not equate water to baptism. Peter didn't tell me so. Congratulations

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those are commands

not requirements, making them requirments makes it a salvation by works. As paul said works cancels out grace. You can not have it both. you can only have one or the other

God gave the jews many commands. They were not requirements. The law never saved anyone

The sacraments will never save anyone.
Oh goodness.....When Jesus commands us to do something we are REQUIRED to do it. Well, at least us Christians are. I don't know about you and your men.

Sooooo when Scripture says that baptism (which is a sacrament) now saves you, that was a lie?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness.....When Jesus commands us to do something we are REQUIRED to do it. Well, at least us Christians are. I don't know about you and your men.

Sooooo when Scripture says that baptism (which is a sacrament) now saves you, that was a lie?
Do you always have to respond with some snide remark?

God gave the jews all kinds of commands, and he said blessed are you if you do them. But non of them were required for salvation.

If baptism was required. Jesus would have told nicodemus, As moses lifted the serpent so to must the son of man be lifted up. That whoever believes and is baptised might not perish but may have eternal life.

He would have told the woman at the well. If you would have asked me, I would have given you living water, then if you went and got baptised. Tat water may give you eternal life

In john 6, He would have said I am the living bread. If anyone eats this bread and is baptised. he may live forever.

Etc etc etc.

That is not in my bible or in your. So why do you insist it must be

Peter said like the water of the flood. The water used for destruction I may add, it was Gods wrath. Where 8 people were saved, baptism is also like that. IT DOES NOT REMOVE FILTH FROM THE FLESH (it does not remove sin) its an answer of a good consciousness towards God.

They are both symbols of what truly saved. The living water sent from heaven.

Once agin, the commands of the OT were for blessing. The commands of the New Testament are no different. THE DO NOT SAVE YOU! THEY NEVER DID.

I do them because God saved me and I have faith in him, so I do what he asks because i trust him

You do them hoping that they may save you.

There is a huge difference there my friend.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you always have to respond with some snide remark?

God gave the jews all kinds of commands, and he said blessed are you if you do them. But non of them were required for salvation.

If baptism was required. Jesus would have told nicodemus, As moses lifted the serpent so to must the son of man be lifted up. That whoever believes and is baptised might not perish but may have eternal life.

He would have told the woman at the well. If you would have asked me, I would have given you living water, then if you went and got baptised. Tat water may give you eternal life

In john 6, He would have said I am the living bread. If anyone eats this bread and is baptised. he may live forever.

Etc etc etc.

That is not in my bible or in your. So why do you insist it must be

Peter said like the water of the flood. The water used for destruction I may add, it was Gods wrath. Where 8 people were saved, baptism is also like that. IT DOES NOT REMOVE FILTH FROM THE FLESH (it does not remove sin) its an answer of a good consciousness towards God.

They are both symbols of what truly saved. The living water sent from heaven.

Once agin, the commands of the OT were for blessing. The commands of the New Testament are no different. THE DO NOT SAVE YOU! THEY NEVER DID.

I do them because God saved me and I have faith in him, so I do what he asks because i trust him

You do them hoping that they may save you.

There is a huge difference there my friend.
EG,

I apologize for the snide remark. It shouldn't have happened.

In regard to your statement that God gave the Jews commands but none of them were required for salvation: What about the ten COMMANDments? If they disobeyed those would they still obtain salvation?

It appears that you have been taught that if Jesus DIDN'T say something to Nicodemus, the woman at the well and in John 6 about baptism that means baptism is not necessary or saves us!!! We should simply disregard all the other passages in Scripture about baptism? I think you would agree that it is necessary that we are to follow Jesus example and do what he tells us to do? He was baptized, he told us to baptize and told us HOW to baptize (in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit). We don't 'do what he asks because we trust him'. He doesn't "ask" us to do anything. We do what he tells us to do because we MUST do it to be saved. If you ask someone to do something they have a choice. Do you really think baptism is not necessary and a choice? It appears you don't think it is NOT necessary or a choice since you believe it is necessary to 'so what he asks'.

Just to be clear. For 2,000 years Christianity has taught that Jesus dialogue with Nicodemus WAS about baptism. It has only been since the Protestant revolution that men have changed that teaching and twisted that dialogue.

In regard to 1 Peter 3:20-21 where it says that eight souls were saved through water. There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism not the removal of the filth of the flesh but an appeal to God for a good conscience. That passage CLEARLY says when you are baptized (which is done with water) the purpose of the water is NOT to clean the dirt from your body. So what is the purpose of the water EG? If it is just symbolic, why does that passage say that it NOW SAVES US? You have been taught that it doesn't save us but that passage literally says OPPOSITE of that. What is the water washing away if not SIN? How can a symbolic act save us? There is nothing contradictory between Peter’s statement about baptism being an appeal to God for a good conscience and a salvific understanding of baptism. You believe it has to be one or the other and that is NOT true. Once again, you are following the teachings of the Protestant revolution and throwing away 2,000 years of Church teaching.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EG,

I apologize for the snide remark. It shouldn't have happened.

In regard to your statement that God gave the Jews commands but none of them were required for salvation: What about the ten COMMANDments? If they disobeyed those would they still obtain salvation?
see, this is what I mean, who ever obeyed the ten commands as God required? Moses made them confirm an oath that they would obey every word. And guess what. No one fulfilled that requirement. Hence as the good book says. All have sinned and fall short of that standard.

So in one aspect your right. They could not be saved if they did not keep the commands.

But then again, You and I have failed just as much as they have, Thats why we need grace. Thats why we need justified.

Romans three makes it clear. For ALL have sinned (even you and I) and have fallen short of Gods glorious standard. Being justified FREELY by his GRACE.

The fact is, no one will make it to heaven based on how good they are. Or how many works they do. We have ALL SINNED AND FALL SHORT.

Grace is your only Hope mary, Your sacraments will not help you. They just cause you more debt. As paul said Romans would be a great study for you. I pray you take up the challenge and study the romans road.

It appears that you have been taught that if Jesus DIDN'T say something to Nicodemus, the woman at the well and in John 6 about baptism that means baptism is not necessary or saves us!!! We should simply disregard all the other passages in Scripture about baptism? I think you would agree that it is necessary that we are to follow Jesus example and do what he tells us to do? He was baptized, he told us to baptize and told us HOW to baptize (in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit). We don't 'do what he asks because we trust him'. He doesn't "ask" us to do anything. We do what he tells us to do because we MUST do it to be saved. If you ask someone to do something they have a choice. Do you really think baptism is not necessary and a choice? It appears you don't think it is NOT necessary or a choice since you believe it is necessary to 'so what he asks'.

in john 3 4 and 6, jesus told them, and us how to be bor agai, how to be saved, and how to recieve eternal life

Baptism was not mentioned because it was not required for salvation.

It is however a command, Like circumcision was to the jew. Both represent being cleansed. Both were commands, but neither saved. Or has any part in your salvation. Paul chastened the jews and called them out trying tp add circumcision to the gospel. Well he is calling those out who try to add baptism the same way.

Why you can not see this, is just beyond my comprehension.
Just to be clear. For 2,000 years Christianity has taught that Jesus dialogue with Nicodemus WAS about baptism. It has only been since the Protestant revolution that men have changed that teaching and twisted that dialogue.
Just to be clear. 2000 years of jewish history taught that circumcision was required for salvation. The jews were wrong about that, just like the catholics are wrong about baptism

I care about what God says and what es us said

THAT FACT IS, if baptism was being spoke of. JESUS WOULD HAVE TOLD HIM. The fact he did not should go to great lengths to prove to you and many others that it is not required.

You want to listen to men, Thats on you. I will listen to god. You think I protest yuo? Feel free. The jews called Jesus a protester and crucified him. I am in good company with those who are being shamed with rejecting the tradition of men.

In regard to 1 Peter 3:20-21 where it says that eight souls were saved through water. There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism not the removal of the filth of the flesh but an appeal to God for a good conscience. That passage CLEARLY says when you are baptized (which is done with water) the purpose of the water is NOT to clean the dirt from your body. So what is the purpose of the water EG? If it is just symbolic, why does that passage say that it NOW SAVES US? You have been taught that it doesn't save us but that passage literally says OPPOSITE of that. What is the water washing away if not SIN? How can a symbolic act save us? There is nothing contradictory between Peter’s statement about baptism being an appeal to God for a good conscience and a salvific understanding of baptism. You believe it has to be one or the other and that is NOT true. Once again, you are following the teachings of the Protestant revolution and throwing away 2,000 years of Church teaching.
It clearly says baptism does not remove filth of the flesh

It does not remove sin. It is a good consciousness towards god.

if baptism was required for salvation. Every OT saint is in hell, because they failed to meet the requirments.

Paul said the wrks of the law never helped save anyone. The OT they were saved by grace through faith in God

You make it harder for a NT believer to be saved, Because you want us to think that NT works do save, they are more important than the works of the OT.

Well your wrong

As paul said, and as I keep showing your buddy

If it is of grace its no longer of works. Otherwise grace is no longer grace

We are saved by grace through faith, not of ourself. Not of works lest anyone should boast

Not by works of righteousness which we have done but by his mercy, he saved us.

You want to boast of your works. Feel free.. they may work for making you look good to men, and your churhc

But they will not mean a thing to God. Because he wants to offer you grace. You can chose to recieve or reject it. But you will never be able to earn it by works of sacraments.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, this is what I mean, who ever obeyed the ten commands as God required? Moses made them confirm an oath that they would obey every word. And guess what. No one fulfilled that requirement. Hence as the good book says. All have sinned and fall short of that standard.

So in one aspect your right. They could not be saved if they did not keep the commands.

But then again, You and I have failed just as much as they have, Thats why we need grace. Thats why we need justified.

Romans three makes it clear. For ALL have sinned (even you and I) and have fallen short of Gods glorious standard. Being justified FREELY by his GRACE.

The fact is, no one will make it to heaven based on how good they are. Or how many works they do. We have ALL SINNED AND FALL SHORT.

Grace is your only Hope mary, Your sacraments will not help you. They just cause you more debt. As paul said Romans would be a great study for you. I pray you take up the challenge and study the romans road.
EG, what you have been taught by your men is confusing. Your men have taught you that our only hope for salvation is Grace. Soooooo why even try to obey Him? If all we need is Grace to obtain salvation, then why try to follow the 10 commandments or baptize or 'do this in remembrance of me'? You say no one will make it to heaven no matter how good they are but you also say you have to be good (keep the commands) if you want to be saved. You even say that you obey himVery confusing.

I never said and The Church has never taught that we can "make it to heaven based on how good we are" OR "how many works we do". In a nutshell here is what I have been saying and what The Church teaches on how grace, faith and works save us: By the grace of God, we are saved through our faith; this faith entails by its very nature, good works, always enabled by prior grace, without which this faith is dead. In other words it's not by faith alone or grace alone or works alone that we obtain Salvation. It is a combination of all three. So, once again, what you have been taught by your men is wrong. Grace is NOT our only hope. Scripture doesn't teach that! PLEASE study the bible instead of listening to your men.

You say you do good things or the things He commands us to do because He saved me and you have faith in him. So in one post your saying works (doing what he says to do) and faith are necessary but then in this post" "Grace is your only hope". That makes no sense....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in john 3 4 and 6, jesus told them, and us how to be bor agai, how to be saved, and how to recieve eternal life

It is however a command, Like circumcision was to the jew. Both represent being cleansed. Both were commands, but neither saved. Or has any part in your salvation. Paul chastened the jews and called them out trying tp add circumcision to the gospel. Well he is calling those out who try to add baptism the same way.

Why you can not see this, is just beyond my comprehension.
Please just answer my very direct question: Do you really think baptism is not necessary and (is) a choice?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It clearly says baptism does not remove filth of the flesh
YUP, that's what it says. When one is baptized with WATER it does not remove filth (dirt) from the flesh. Soooo what does it remove? There is a purpose for baptizing with water, of which he showed us to do and told us to do, soooooo what is the purpose of baptizing with water if it does NOTHING? Why DO what He showed us and TOLD us to do if it does NOTHING? You don't need to be submerged in water to have a clear conscience. Sooooo what is the purpose of the water EG???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As paul said, and as I keep showing your buddy

If it is of grace its no longer of works. Otherwise grace is no longer grace

We are saved by grace through faith, not of ourself. Not of works lest anyone should boast

Not by works of righteousness which we have done but by his mercy, he saved us.

You want to boast of your works. Feel free.. they may work for making you look good to men, and your churhc

But they will not mean a thing to God. Because he wants to offer you grace. You can chose to recieve or reject it. But you will never be able to earn it by works of sacraments.
Here is a rhetorical question for you EG: What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

Here is the answer EG: Faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

So PLEASE stop telling me that doing good works makes Christians "look good to (other) men and your church" and that those works "will not mean anything to God". That is a complete twisting of what Scripture CLEARLY says; Titus: people learn to devote themselves to good works. I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. James: Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? Matthew: let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Hebrews: God is not unjust so as to overlook your work EG....RUN from those men who are not teaching you what all of Scripture has to say about works and how important they are for Salvation.

You have been taught wrong about choosing to receive or reject Grace. God has Grace upon EVERYONE. We don't choose it or reject it. It is just GIVEN to us because he loves us.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It cannot possibly be ordinary H2O which has no spiritual power. But we do know that the Gospel is "the power of God unto salvation" (Rom 1:16) and that is exactly what Peter (who was never a bishop of Rome) tells us. Peter tells us that this "water" is is fact the Word of God, as presented in the Gospel (1 Peter 1:23-25): Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the Word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.
Of course the water itself has no spiritual power, but does that somehow negate the baptism requirement? Not by a long shot! Peter and Paul both said so:

"Then Peter said to them, 'Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit'." - Acts 2:38

"Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment."- Heb. 6:1-2

"Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." - Rom. 6:3-4

If you are not baptized, you are not a true Christian by the biblical standard. Jesus was fully immersed in literal water to show what was expected of future followers, and Christians are told throughout the epistles to follow the example that Jesus set for them. Protestants can't honestly claim they are Christians when they look for creative ways to justify their refusal to follow Jesus' example.

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is however a command, Like circumcision was to the jew. Both represent being cleansed. Both were commands, but neither saved. Or has any part in your salvation. Paul chastened the jews and called them out trying tp add circumcision to the gospel. Well he is calling those out who try to add baptism the same way..
Huh??? Sooooo we are NOT required to do what Jesus told us to do (baptize)? He set the example for us to follow by being baptized in WATER but we are NOT required to follow his example??? Who taught you this stuff????????

How can you say, "Baptism was not mentioned"???? Scripture is dripping wet with water baptism. Jesus was LIETERALLY BAPTIZED in WATER. He and his disciples then went out and baptized WITH WATER and then the last thing he said was to go out and baptize ALL!!! What in the world are you talking about EG....??? Even the eunch in Acts 8 knew what he HAD to do....be baptized in WATER!!! Goodness.....Run from the men who are teaching you EG. Run fast, run far. :cool:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not. But the purpose of water baptism is not regeneration. Regeneration is through the Water of the Word (the Gospel).
Huh???? The water of the word???? What man taught you that? Scripture doesn't teach that. Here is what Scripture teaches about regeneration thru water baptism:

The first creation came from the earth which was covered with WATER and the SPIRIT hovered over the waters and from the water emerged land and man and God’s first creation (Gen 1:1-2).

A new humanity was started with Noah through WATER and SPIRIT. The ark went through the water and a dove (representing the Spirit) hovered overhead with an olive branch. Peter said this represents baptism which “now saves us” (1 Peter 3:18-21).

The nation of Israel was created through the WATER of the Red Sea (baptism) with the cloud and fire of the Holy SPIRIT overhead — my oh my, again we have water and Spirit (Ex 14; 1 Cor 10:1-4).

Ezekiel then describes what the New Covenant will look like and he said we will be sprinkled with clean WATER and his SPIRIT will be placed in us (Ez 36:25).

And when Jesus was baptized, he went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on him;

Jesus teaches Nicodemus that he must be born again, or from above which is accomplished through “WATER and the SPIRIT.“

When Jesus finished these words what was the first thing he did? He went down and baptized people with WATER in the Jordan with his disciples (Jn 4:1-2).

At the first Holy Ghost Gospel Revival meeting Peter stood up at Pentecost and said, “Repent, and be baptized (WATER) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy SPIRIT“ (Acts 2:38).

Peter also says, “Baptism now saves you“ (1 Pet 3:18), and Paul is told “Rise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on his name” (Acts 22:16), and Paul writes that we are saved “by the washing of regeneration (WATER) and renewal in the Holy SPIRIT“ (Titus 3:5).

You and @Eternally Grateful should read the ENTIRE bible when it comes to the necessity of WATER BAPTISM. Scripture is dripping wet with it....;)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh??? Sooooo we are NOT required to do what Jesus told us to do (baptize)? He set the example for us to follow by being baptized in WATER but we are NOT required to follow his example??? Who taught you this stuff????????

How can you say, "Baptism was not mentioned"???? Scripture is dripping wet with water baptism. Jesus was LIETERALLY BAPTIZED in WATER. He and his disciples then went out and baptized WITH WATER and then the last thing he said was to go out and baptize ALL!!! What in the world are you talking about EG....??? Even the eunch in Acts 8 knew what he HAD to do....be baptized in WATER!!! Goodness.....Run from the men who are teaching you EG. Run fast, run far. :cool:
BAPTISM WAS NOT MENTIONED IN JOHN 3.

HOW MANY MORE TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD?

There was baptism (water) in the OT. It has always been around. But it was NOT the only baptism found

The issue is the people who translated the Bible did not actually translate the word. They transliterated the word. So we have this religion that says every time you see the word baptize IT MUST MEAN WATER> and ever time you see the word water IT MUST MEAN BAPTISM,

News flash. THESE PEOPLE ARE WRONG!.

The Water in John 4 was the HS

The bread, flesh blood in John 6 is the Holy Spirit (it is the SPIRIT WHO GIVES LIFE< THE WORDS I SPEAK ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE

Paul in Eph 5 talks about the church being washed and sanctified by the washing of water BY THE WORD

Is there water baptism? Yes

The Gentiles in the OT had to be baptized to enter into the jewish faith
The priests of the OT were baptised in the river Jordan

In neither of the above scenes was it called baptism, but thats what it was (baptised is a greek word not hebrew)

John the Baptist said he will baptize Jesus, But Jesus will baptise with the HS and Fire

Jesus said the apostles would be baptized with the cup Jesus was baptized with. Many of them were martyred, Peter on a cross. The suffered the same baptism into the ministry of the church

We to, although commanded to be baptised in water. And we should do it. Are baptized into Christ, His death and his body. This spiritual baptism which paul in Col 2 calls the circumcision done without hands. Signifying how baptism is to the NT church was circumcision was to the OT church. A symbol of the true cleaning which as Jesu said comes through the spirit.

You want to follow tradition and a physical baptism, and think that will get you saved, feel free.

I will follow the fact that God baptized me, I ate his true flesh and I have been sealed by his spirit until the day of redemption.

You do not offer me any hope. You offer me a bunch of religious works. That make me focus n self not God. And then call me a protestor because I reject your church.

I think you need to stop worrying about me and others. And start looking into the word yourself, There was a reason when the roman church lost its power and people started r=to read the word without fear of execution and imprisonment, that people left the church in droves When you read the word with an open mind, you find what you were told for so called 2000 years is wrong.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh???? The water of the word???? What man taught you that? Scripture doesn't teach that. Here is what Scripture teaches about regeneration thru water baptism:

The first creation came from the earth which was covered with WATER and the SPIRIT hovered over the waters and from the water emerged land and man and God’s first creation (Gen 1:1-2).

A new humanity was started with Noah through WATER and SPIRIT. The ark went through the water and a dove (representing the Spirit) hovered overhead with an olive branch. Peter said this represents baptism which “now saves us” (1 Peter 3:18-21).

The nation of Israel was created through the WATER of the Red Sea (baptism) with the cloud and fire of the Holy SPIRIT overhead — my oh my, again we have water and Spirit (Ex 14; 1 Cor 10:1-4).

Ezekiel then describes what the New Covenant will look like and he said we will be sprinkled with clean WATER and his SPIRIT will be placed in us (Ez 36:25).

And when Jesus was baptized, he went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on him;

Jesus teaches Nicodemus that he must be born again, or from above which is accomplished through “WATER and the SPIRIT.“

When Jesus finished these words what was the first thing he did? He went down and baptized people with WATER in the Jordan with his disciples (Jn 4:1-2).

At the first Holy Ghost Gospel Revival meeting Peter stood up at Pentecost and said, “Repent, and be baptized (WATER) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy SPIRIT“ (Acts 2:38).

Peter also says, “Baptism now saves you“ (1 Pet 3:18), and Paul is told “Rise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on his name” (Acts 22:16), and Paul writes that we are saved “by the washing of regeneration (WATER) and renewal in the Holy SPIRIT“ (Titus 3:5).

You and @Eternally Grateful should read the ENTIRE bible when it comes to the necessity of WATER BAPTISM. Scripture is dripping wet with it....;)

Titus 3 is baptism of the spirit, not water

Water is a work f righteousness. Paul told Titus, not by works of righteousness which we have done (water baptism, The Eucharist, Penance, Comfession or whatever work you want to insert) but by GODS MERCY he saved us through the WASHING OF REGENERATION OF (BY) THE HS

Your attributing to man the work of the HS. Thats blasphemy You need to start studying the Bible yourself maam.

This one verse alone shoudl make you shutter in fear how you have misrepresented the work of God in salvation and placed it on mans shoulders and given yourself and the one who baptised you credit for the work of God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it was baptism jesus would have said so

Jesus says so
Mk 16:16

The Bible says water
Jn 1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

Jn 3:22
22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

the new covenant initiation is baptismal regeneration

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says so
Mk 16:16

The Bible says water
Jn 1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

Jn 3:22
22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

the new covenant initiation is baptismal regeneration
In John 6 he did not say so. In john 3 he did not say so.

Mark 16 just says be baptised. t does not mention water. If your not baptized by the spirit your still dead in your sin

Why are you fighting it? why do you want to replace the baptism of (performed by) God with the baptism of (performed by) man

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 6 he did not say so. In john 3 he did not say so.

Mark 16 just says be baptised. t does not mention water. If your not baptized by the spirit your still dead in your sin

Why are you fighting it? why do you want to replace the baptism of (performed by) God with the baptism of (performed by) man

baptism imply water that’s why in Jn 3:22 they went to the RIVER to baptize in the damn water! STUPID!