Catholic issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No changes? You folk have come up with new things over the years. Immaculate Mary, Assumption. Now you have to let your parishoners read the Bible. It was condemned for a long time. Thank Goodness Luther let the common people know that the just shall live by faith, and complained about indulgences.

Decree of the Council of Toulouse (1229 C.E.): "We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."

Ruling of the Council of Tarragona of 1234 C.E.: "No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments in the Romance language, and if anyone possesses them he must turn them over to the local bishop within eight days after promulgation of this decree, so that they may be burned..."

Proclamations at the Ecumenical Council of Constance in 1415 C.E.: Oxford professor, and theologian John Wycliffe, was the first (1380 C.E.) to translate the New Testament into English to "...helpeth Christian men to study the Gospel in that tongue in which they know best Christ's sentence." For this "heresy" Wycliffe was posthumously condemned by Arundel, the archbishop of Canterbury. By the Council's decree "Wycliffe's bones were exhumed and publicly burned and the ashes were thrown into the Swift River."

Fate of William Tyndale in 1536 C.E.: William Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English. According to Tyndale, the Church forbid owning or reading the Bible to control and restrict the teachings and to enhance their own power and importance.

Why Christians Were Denied Access To Their Bible For 1,000 Years

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No changes? You folk have come up with new things over the years. Immaculate Mary, Assumption. Now you have to let your parishoners read the Bible. It was condemned for a long time. Thank Goodness Luther let the common people know that the just shall live by faith, and complained about indulgences.

Decree of the Council of Toulouse (1229 C.E.): "We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."

Ruling of the Council of Tarragona of 1234 C.E.: "No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments in the Romance language, and if anyone possesses them he must turn them over to the local bishop within eight days after promulgation of this decree, so that they may be burned..."

Proclamations at the Ecumenical Council of Constance in 1415 C.E.: Oxford professor, and theologian John Wycliffe, was the first (1380 C.E.) to translate the New Testament into English to "...helpeth Christian men to study the Gospel in that tongue in which they know best Christ's sentence." For this "heresy" Wycliffe was posthumously condemned by Arundel, the archbishop of Canterbury. By the Council's decree "Wycliffe's bones were exhumed and publicly burned and the ashes were thrown into the Swift River."

Fate of William Tyndale in 1536 C.E.: William Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English. According to Tyndale, the Church forbid owning or reading the Bible to control and restrict the teachings and to enhance their own power and importance.

you forgot gregory 16 encyclical

Inter praecipuas

condemning Bible society’s

It’s not scripture or scripture in the common language but the idea of reading and making your own doctrine that’s condemned

these men were condemned for heresy

Teaching errors contrary to the truth revealed by Christ Jude 1:3
Heresy is treason against God!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No changes? You folk have come up with new things over the years. Immaculate Mary, Assumption.

What I love is how the pretend NOT to come up with new things. Recently, I read about the 19th century announcement of the Immaculate Mary where they pretended it was always the belief, they are just "formalizing" that belief now. Agh ha.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I love is how the pretend NOT to come up with new things. Recently, I read about the 19th century announcement of the Immaculate Mary where they pretended it was always the belief, they are just "formalizing" that belief now. Agh ha.

jude 1:3 the deposit of faith from Christ to his apostles (church) is complete
Later it is defined and taught

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jude 1:3 the deposit of faith from Christ to his apostles (church) is complete
Later it is defined and taught

No doubt. The problem is where you pretend the Apostles extend to people who did not walk with Jesus, who were not alive when Jesus was alive.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt. The problem is where you pretend the Apostles extend to people who did not walk with Jesus, who were not alive when Jesus was alive.

until the end of the world the apostles must remain matt 28:19-20
Nation no longer need to be taught
Disciples no longer need to be baptized
Salvation is no longer necessary
I suppose??

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
until the end of the world the apostles must remain matt 28:19-20
Nation no longer need to be taught
Disciples no longer need to be baptized
Salvation is no longer necessary
I suppose??

Nothing you wrote is relevant to the topic. You are intent on abusing the term Apostles to mean what you want it to mean in a desperate attempt to pretend the 11th century denomination of yours was authorized by Jesus.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Valid holy and apostolic councils

I. FIRST COUNCIL OF NICAEA
Year: 325

II. FIRST COUNCIL OF CONSTANTINOPLE
Year: 381

III. COUNCIL OF EPHESUS
Year: 431

IV. COUNCIL OF CHALCEDON
Year: 451

V. SECOND COUNCIL OF CONSTANTINOPLE
Year: 553

VI. THIRD COUNCIL OF CONSTANTINOPLE
Years: 680-681

VII. SECOND COUNCIL OF NICAEA
Year: 787

VIII. FOURTH COUNCIL OF CONSTANTINOPLE
Year: 869

IX. FIRST LATERAN COUNCIL
Year: 1123

X. SECOND LATERAN COUNCIL
Year: 1139

XI. THIRD LATERAN COUNCIL
Year: 1179

XII. FOURTH LATERAN COUNCIL
Year: 1215

XIII. FIRST COUNCIL OF LYONS
Year: 1245

XIV. SECOND COUNCIL OF LYONS
Year: 1274

XV. COUNCIL OF VIENNE
Years: 1311-1313

XVI. COUNCIL OF CONSTANCE
Years: 1414-1418

XVII. COUNCIL OF FLORENCE
Years: 1431-1439

XVIII. FIFTH LATERAN COUNCIL
Years: 1512-1517

XIX. COUNCIL OF TRENT
Years: 1545-1563

XX. FIRST VATICAN COUNCIL
Years: 1869-1870

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think i would faint for joy and pass out cold , if thee faith ever once made a post that talked about Christ and not his own catholic church .
I notice that most folks are hung up on their church , their denonmination , Yet never just teach about JESUS and the words in the bible .
Yes. Spot on. They just want to talk about their church that they go to, or their denomination and they think that is focusing on the Lord.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Spot on. They just want to talk about their church that they go to, or their denomination and they think that is focusing on the Lord.

Christ and his church are one unity! Acts 9:4
So talk of the apostles or the church are talking about Christ since he founded the church

sorry there are no denominations in dvr only the one true church Jn 10:16 founded on Peter and the apostles apostles their successors Matt 16:18 and 18:18 eph 2:20 having the same mission power and authority as Christ Jn 20:21-23

did miss anything amigo?

Biblical Mary, mother of God, ever Virgin, sinless, mother of our salvation!

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And , by grace as we know , any that points to any other jesus aint pointing to JESUS .
Bet sister knows why the first jesus aint capitalized . cause satan can appear as an angel of light
thus marvel not that many churches whose leaders are fleecing them into another jesus are doing The work of the DEVIL .
Sounds very direct . BUT VERY TRUE IT IS . EITHER WE LOVE JESUS or we deceived . And if our jesus aint the biblical JESUS
well , its naught but deception . Naught but darkness cloaked as light . As in the false light , false hope , false love , false unity IS .
Many follow the dragon and when i say the coming of the TRUE JESUS draws nigh , I KIDS US NOT .
THEY too busy following the peace and safety version of men jesus . Only the last time i checked
what two words will they be hollering when THAT DAY COMETH UPON THEM as DESTRUCTION and PERDITION .
SO its no marvel that not only has inquity went through the roof , so has the mind of world peace and safety .
I SEE , by grace , THE END IS TRULY COMING . ONLY where do we want to spend our end , or i should say our enternity
with the false men of satan or with THE REAL JESUS . I say this in hopes it will make some think . WE are truly running out of time .
And no one knows when their soul will be required of them either . Once it is , ITS TOO LATE .
WHO YA FOLLOWED IS WHOSE YOU ARE . Once that door is shut its too late as well .
So let us stick to the original mindset of JESUS and the apostels and we shall sing with JOY on HIS day .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom?

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory. (Grace)

12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees. (Her son the prince of peace)

13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
(Mother of our salvation)

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And , by grace as we know , any that points to any other jesus aint pointing to JESUS .
Bet sister knows why the first jesus aint capitalized . cause satan can appear as an angel of light
thus marvel not that many churches whose leaders are fleecing them into another jesus are doing The work of the DEVIL .
Sounds very direct . BUT VERY TRUE IT IS . EITHER WE LOVE JESUS or we deceived . And if our jesus aint the biblical JESUS
well , its naught but deception . Naught but darkness cloaked as light . As in the false light , false hope , false love , false unity IS .
Many follow the dragon and when i say the coming of the TRUE JESUS draws nigh , I KIDS US NOT .
THEY too busy following the peace and safety version of men jesus . Only the last time i checked
what two words will they be hollering when THAT DAY COMETH UPON THEM as DESTRUCTION and PERDITION .
SO its no marvel that not only has inquity went through the roof , so has the mind of world peace and safety .
I SEE , by grace , THE END IS TRULY COMING . ONLY where do we want to spend our end , or i should say our enternity
with the false men of satan or with THE REAL JESUS . I say this in hopes it will make some think . WE are truly running out of time .
And no one knows when their soul will be required of them either . Once it is , ITS TOO LATE .
WHO YA FOLLOWED IS WHOSE YOU ARE . Once that door is shut its too late as well .
So let us stick to the original mindset of JESUS and the apostels and we shall sing with JOY on HIS day .
Oh the Lord Jesus be praised.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why are the angels ministering spirits

why are they allowed to act as intermediary’s?

Differences in Lk 1

Lk 1:11 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.

12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.

13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

18 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.

19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mary is the Queen of the Angels!

The angel is greeting his sovereign mistress and no introduction is needed with Mary, like verse 19 cos Mary knows Gabriel, Mary from the first moment of her creation by God is immaculate! (And sees the beatific vision of God always before her eyes, even in her mothers womb, op) so she knows Gabriel who stands on the presence of God!

Matt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heresy is treason against God!

Yet, the enthusiastic Corrupt Denomination, RCC, failed to leave it to God to meter out the proper punishment for such a crime as you decree.

Odd that Jesus did not teach burning people at the stake. We all know your denomination knows best.