Catholic issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, the enthusiastic Corrupt Denomination, RCC, failed to leave it to God to meter out the proper punishment for such a crime as you decree.

Odd that Jesus did not teach burning people at the stake. We all know your denomination knows best.

Romans 13:4
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholics cannot sway me anymore than the jehovas , or many protestants , or buddists or mormons or atheiest .
TRY preaching JESUS instead of your churches doctrine .
That is the one thing most all have in common . They always spend their hours , days , weeks , months , years
and decades preaching their own churches doctrine . YET they never point TO CHRIST .
As for me and the true lambs , WE GONNA be focused on CHRIST and all HIS DOCTRINE . And on the doctrine of the true apostles , IN THA BIBLE .
You may as well count me a lost cause for ROME my friend . Cause i aint going in that direction period .
What i say to one i will say to all , MAKE CHRIST THE FOCUS and teach HIS sayings , teach the bible . Men have long decieved us .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholics cannot sway me anymore than the jehovas , or many protestants , or buddists or mormons or atheiest .
That is the one thing most all have in common . They always spend their hours , days , weeks , months , years
and decades preaching their own churches doctrine . YET they never point TO CHRIST .
As for me and the true lambs , WE GONNA be focused on CHRIST and all HIS DOCTRINE . And on the doctrine of the true apostles , IN THA BIBLE .
You may as well count me a lost cause for ROME my friend . Cause i aint going in that direction period .
What i say to one i will say to all , MAKE CHRIST THE FOCUS and teach HIS sayings , teach the bible . Men have long decieved us .

Gave you scripture and asked questions
Guess you ain’t got no answers only accusations

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey amigo,

What criteria do you use to determine if a church ISN'T focused on Christ, His doctrine and the doctrine of the Apostles?

(saying if they don't focus on Christ, the bible, the teaching of the Apostles, doctrine of the true apostles etc etc is just a generic answer that isn't really an answer; cold hard evidence would be appreciated)

Curious Mary

Reactions: GaryAnderson

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the Pope and why should anyone pay attention to what he has to say?
The Pope doesn't make doctrine/dogma. The magisterium does! Soooo Catholics don't really need to practice what he preaches; only what the magisterium preaches. But you know that already....

Why should anyone pay attention to what you, the leader of your church, has to say?

Mary

PS: I THINK you know me by now amadeus. I don't ask these things to be mean or hurtful so please don't take it that way.

Reactions: amadeus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pope is an IMPOSTER (just like "Catholic" imposter Joseph Biden) and we should pay attention to what he says since he is a Communist-Globalist bent on destroying the Catholic Church as well as the free world.
Hey Enoch,

A impostor is a person who deceives others by pretending to be someone else. The Pope isn't pretending to be the Pope...he really is The Pope. :rolleyes:

Is there another word you would like to use to describe him?

I agree with you about Biden.....:)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well at least your answer was easier to understand than the one @theefaith provided. I was speaking more about the present office of the Papacy than the specific man, Francis, who supposedly is in that office.
Supposedly?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...... Now you have to let your parishoners read the Bible. It was condemned for a long time. Thank Goodness Luther let the common people know that the just shall live by faith, and complained about indulgences.

Decree of the Council of Toulouse (1229 C.E.): "We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."

Ruling of the Council of Tarragona of 1234 C.E.: "No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments in the Romance language, and if anyone possesses them he must turn them over to the local bishop within eight days after promulgation of this decree, so that they may be burned..."

Proclamations at the Ecumenical Council of Constance in 1415 C.E.: Oxford professor, and theologian John Wycliffe, was the first (1380 C.E.) to translate the New Testament into English to "...helpeth Christian men to study the Gospel in that tongue in which they know best Christ's sentence." For this "heresy" Wycliffe was posthumously condemned by Arundel, the archbishop of Canterbury. By the Council's decree "Wycliffe's bones were exhumed and publicly burned and the ashes were thrown into the Swift River."

Fate of William Tyndale in 1536 C.E.: William Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English. According to Tyndale, the Church forbid owning or reading the Bible to control and restrict the teachings and to enhance their own power and importance.

Why Christians Were Denied Access To Their Bible For 1,000 Years
Dear dear Casandra,

Do you not know your own Christian history? Do you REALLY believe that Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English?

Seriously....do you really believe it? Have you done your own research OR are you just regurgitating what other anti-Catholic men have told you?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I love is how the pretend NOT to come up with new things. Recently, I read about the 19th century announcement of the Immaculate Mary where they pretended it was always the belief, they are just "formalizing" that belief now. Agh ha.
Riiiiiight.....So when YOU read Scripture the Holy Spirit instantly floods you with all truth and you never grow in knowledge? Hmmmmm......

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look. We don’t need people like you throwing around facts and logic. The RCC has their little man-made doctrine. And if you don’t surrender your mind and everything else they’ll threaten you with eternal damnation.

They claim to be our only mediator to our only mediator. Accepting it is a matter of faith.

God did not found his church on his own unlimited power to make his will manifest. No. No. No. God founded his church on a poor, illiterate, 1st century fisherman from the wilderness frontier of the Roman Empire. Then waited 11 centuries the organization who claims his lineage.

It’s logical but our carnal minds are too puny to grasp how
Definition
Logic
Language Usage

Does not apply to RCC.
Who's doctrine do you follow Wrangler? PLEASE don't say Jesus doctrine or the Apostle's doctrine. The doctrine you form is just YOUR interpretation of what Scripture say. I would like a serious answer PLEASE!!!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Pope isn't pretending to be the Pope...he really is The Pope.
He is pretending to be "the Vicar of Christ" and that is pure baloney. Would Christ ever say that the god of Islam is same as the God of the Bible???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No changes? You folk have come up with new things over the years. Immaculate Mary, Assumption. Now you have to let your parishoners read the Bible. It was condemned for a long time. Thank Goodness Luther let the common people know that the just shall live by faith, and complained about indulgences.

Decree of the Council of Toulouse (1229 C.E.): "We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."

Ruling of the Council of Tarragona of 1234 C.E.: "No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments in the Romance language, and if anyone possesses them he must turn them over to the local bishop within eight days after promulgation of this decree, so that they may be burned..."

Proclamations at the Ecumenical Council of Constance in 1415 C.E.: Oxford professor, and theologian John Wycliffe, was the first (1380 C.E.) to translate the New Testament into English to "...helpeth Christian men to study the Gospel in that tongue in which they know best Christ's sentence." For this "heresy" Wycliffe was posthumously condemned by Arundel, the archbishop of Canterbury. By the Council's decree "Wycliffe's bones were exhumed and publicly burned and the ashes were thrown into the Swift River."

Fate of William Tyndale in 1536 C.E.: William Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English. According to Tyndale, the Church forbid owning or reading the Bible to control and restrict the teachings and to enhance their own power and importance.

Why Christians Were Denied Access To Their Bible For 1,000 Years
Cassandra,

Do you like how the Protestant Revolution of the 16th century has brought Christianity "new things over the years"? Even Luther complained about it: The devil seeing that this sort of disturbances could not last, has devised a new one; and begins to rage in his members, I mean in the ungodly, through whom he makes his way in all sorts of chimerial follies and extravagant doctrines. This won't have baptism, that denies the efficacy of the Lord's supper; a third puts a world between this and the last judgment; others teach that Jesus Christ is not God; some say this, others that; and there are almost as many sects and beliefs as there are heads.

Luther did not "let the common people know that they just shall live by faith". That is a complete lie.

Why do you support a man who wanted to remove 7 books from your Bible?????????

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pope doesn't make doctrine/dogma. The magisterium does! Soooo Catholics don't really need to practice what he preaches; only what the magisterium preaches. But you know that already....
Yes, I do. Thank you for answering anyway. When someone believes they [the doctrine/dogma] are right and that someone strives to following them to please God, I will seldom push hard against them. I am also not the Holy Spirit.
Why should anyone pay attention to what you, the leader of your church, has to say?
No reason whatever anyone should pay attention to me unless my words are from God and pertain to the person listening to or reading them. The same, I believe, should be so for any minister of God I follow.
Mary

PS: I THINK you know me by now amadeus. I don't ask these things to be mean or hurtful so please don't take it that way.
No offense taken! You must say what you believe is the right thing to say according to God. So must I!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is pretending to be "the Vicar of Christ" and that is pure baloney. Would Christ ever say that the god of Islam is same as the God of the Bible???
Wrong again kiddo.

The Vicar of Christ is the Pope and the Pope is the Vicar of Christ. It's the same office with a different name. It's like saying President Joe Biden is pretending to be The President. It makes no sense. Would you care to try again? :rolleyes:

Can you give me the quote from Francis where he said that "the god of Islam is same as the God of the Bible"?

Curious Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Supposedly?
I used that word as I am not a decider of Popes and/or Ministers of God. Enoch calls the current Pope an imposter and TheeFaith, excludes all of the designated Popes following Pius XII from being proper Popes. He never really made his reasons clear to me.

I was a faithful Catholic under Pius XII and John XXIII until 1961. Years ago [after my own disconnection from Catholicism but before knowing much from the Bible itself], I read a book about Pius XII and his involvement with the Germans during WWII. That book gave me no reason to come against him. I read no others. I know even less about his successor.

I do not believe in the Apostolic succession as believed and taught by Catholics. When I was a Catholic, I never questioned the authority of the Pope, but I knew nothing at the time about the Bible nor much of anything more about God than what the nuns taught us or what I heard from the Bible readings and explanations by the priests. They did not cover the whole Bible ever while I was with them. I understand that that changed later under Vatican II, but I was gone by that time although still nominally a Catholic.

When I left my home parish after high school graduation in 1961, I tried another parish, but never became a part. I tried again to connect through a priest when on active duty in Viet Nam [1964-1965] without success.

In 1976 I came back to God, but it was not through Catholicism.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who's doctrine do you follow Wrangler? PLEASE don't say Jesus doctrine or the Apostle's doctrine. The doctrine you form is just YOUR interpretation of what Scripture say. I would like a serious answer PLEASE!!!

I don’t follow denominational doctrines. I attend a local non-denominational church.

Having said that, I’ve made what doctrines I hold or reject pretty clear. And I was raised a bad RCC.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t follow denominational doctrines. I attend a local non-denominational church.

Having said that, I’ve made what doctrines I hold or reject pretty clear. And I was raised a bad RCC.
Hmmmmm....You don't follow the doctrines of the non-denominational church you attend. I guess you don't believe that the church you attend is the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Timothy 3:15)? And you can delete all these passages from Scripture: : Hebrews 13:7; 17, 1 Peter 5:1-5, Titus 1:5, Acts 14:23, 16:4, 20:28 1 Timothy 5:17-20, 1 Thessalonians 5:12. You are in a good place. :rolleyes:

Are there any doctrines of the Catholic Church you do hold?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmmm....You don't follow the doctrines of the non-denominational church you attend. I guess you

What is it with your constant attack? Let me explain something to you. There is no doctrinal purity test to get to heaven. Time to give your self-righteousness a break.

Are there any doctrines of the Catholic Church you do hold?
One thing I miss about the Mass is how it ends by offering each other the sign of peace and going in peace.

As far as doctrines go, I actually don’t keep a list for every denomination. One I do tend to agree with is the doctrine of purgatory.