Catholic Preist Sings Song About Lucifer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are worldwide events that must take place first, so there are still some years available for mankind to seek the LORD.

"and this gospel will be prached in all the world and then the end(satan's rule) will come."
The only thing that we should be looking forward to is the return of Jesus.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing that we should be looking forward to is the return of Jesus.
Do you believe Jesus?
Read Matthew ch24

Do you believe His Apostles?
Read 1 Thess and 2 Thess and 1 John

Do you believe the OT Prophets?
Read Daniel

Do you believe Jesus?
Read Revelation

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
33 things you had better not do or believe or you are anathema. No confusion, just facts.
Hmmmm……you have read a reliable translation from the council and you found 33 declarations in it that declare a person anathema if they don’t believe what the church teaches?

I have searched for that and can’t find it. Would you please share it with me?

Thank you in advance…..Mary

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm……you have read a reliable translation from the council and you found 33 declarations in it that declare a person anathema if they don’t believe what the church teaches?

Try googling. "Canons of the Council of Trent" At the end of each cannon it says... "Let him be anathema". Anathema means to be excommunicated from the Catholic church. To be excommunicated from the Catholic church means to be sentence to hell.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Mary,

As usual, Robert Pate won't provide his source.

Here's the one I find most reliable:

Scroll down to find the 33 Canons.

Reactions: Marymog

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Jesus?
Read Matthew ch24

Do you believe His Apostles?
Read 1 Thess and 2 Thess and 1 John

Do you believe the OT Prophets?
Read Daniel

Do you believe Jesus?
Read Revelation
I believe the whole Bible and I believe that Jesus will return. The destruction of Jerusalem has already happened, Matthew 24:1-35. from Matthew 24:36-51 is about the return of Jesus. No man knows when Jesus will return. Many have written books about when Jesus will return and what will happen before he returns. Some have made fools of themselves trying to predict the return of Jesus, I am not one of them.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Don't worry about these matters. True believers won't stray, as they listen to the voice of the Lamb of God and faithfully follow.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary,

As usual, Robert Pate won't provide his source.

Here's the one I find most reliable:

Scroll down to find the 33 Canons.
There is nothing in what you posted about the 33 canons of the Council of Trent.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is nothing in what you posted about the 33 canons of the Council of Trent.
Interview with Francis Beckwith, former President of the Theological Evangelical Society (overseer of 1000 Protestant theologians)

You spent 32 years in the evangelical world. What could Catholics learn from evangelicals?

In terms of expository preaching, as well as teaching the laity, Protestant evangelicals are without peers in the Christian world.
For instance, it is not unusual for evangelical churches to host major conferences on theological issues in which leading scholars address lay audiences in order to equip them to share their faith with their neighbors, friends, etc. Works by evangelical philosophers and theologians such as [J.P.] Moreland, [Paul] Copan, and William Lane Craig, should be in the library of any serious Catholic who wants to be equipped to respond to contemporary challenges to the Christian faith.

Then I read the Council of Trent, which some Protestant friends had suggested I do. What I found was shocking. I found a document that had been nearly universally misrepresented by many Protestants, including some friends.
I do not believe, however, that the misrepresentation is the result of purposeful deception. But rather, it is the result of reading Trent with Protestant assumptions and without a charitable disposition.

For example, Trent talks about the four causes of justification, which correspond somewhat to Aristotle’s four causes. None of these causes is the work of the individual Christian. For, according to Trent, God’s grace does all the work. However, Trent does condemn “faith alone,” but what it means is mere intellectual assent without allowing God’s grace to be manifested in one’s actions and communion with the Church. This is why Trent also condemns justification by works.

I am convinced that the typical “Council of Trent” rant found on anti-Catholic websites is the Protestant equivalent of the secular urban legend that everyone prior to Columbus believed in a flat earth.
READ THE WHOLE THING

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the whole Bible and I believe that Jesus will return. The destruction of Jerusalem has already happened, Matthew 24:1-35. from Matthew 24:36-51 is about the return of Jesus. No man knows when Jesus will return. Many have written books about when Jesus will return and what will happen before he returns. Some have made fools of themselves trying to predict the return of Jesus, I am not one of them.
Jerusalem/Israel has 'blossomed' again in their land = just as Jesus prophesied = Matthew ch24

“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try googling. "Canons of the Council of Trent" At the end of each cannon it says... "Let him be anathema". Anathema means to be excommunicated from the Catholic church. To be excommunicated from the Catholic church means to be sentence to hell.
Again, this is not true. The Church does not believe that it has any power to sentence anyone to hell. Only God can do that.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Robert,

I kept finding questionable websites that I didn’t trust but I finally found reliable information. Yes, the 33 canons end in let him be anathema.

It doesn’t mean one is sentenced to hell Nor does it mean one is automatically excommunicated from The Church. Would you care to learn what it means?

The church is the pillar and foundation of truth AND scripture says The Church has the authority to excommunicate a person. I know you believe the Catholic church isn’t the Church spoken of in Scripture. Which church is it.?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't worry about these matters. True believers won't stray, as they listen to the voice of the Lamb of God and faithfully follow.
How does one get confirmed as a “true believer”. For instance I might say you aren’t and you might say I aren’t. Who is right?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just provide a reliable link? :contemplate:

Status
Not open for further replies.